• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Forum Rules

iu
I sho do like that beautiful avatar MtnMan. Nothing more special than the cross of St.Joseph. Greetings from Dixieland.

with out a subscription am I allowed to post a "want to buy " thread ?
No. Upgrade your acct then post a wtb in the PX. Be advised Frank frowns on WTB postings as they are scammer magnets.

Reactions: lash
Well this was up 1 or 2 yrs ago when I was paying every month. How would I upgrade to put this under selling

Matt

Editing my for sale thread is kicking my ass I’d like to lower the price how do I go about doing this? Thanks

Editing my for sale thread is kicking my ass I’d like to lower the price how do I go about doing this? Thanks
Go to your initial post and look at the bottom left below you text. There will be three dots, which are a drop down menu. Click on those, choose ‘EDIT’ and click on that. Edit your first post and then click on the green ‘SAVE’ to post your edit.

Reactions: MigKiller
Go to your initial post and look at the bottom left below you text. There will be three dots, which are a drop down menu. Click on those, choose ‘EDIT’ and click on that. Edit your first post and then click on the green ‘SAVE’ to post your edit.
Thanks I finally figured it out I was trying to edit at the top three dots. Sorry for being senile 😂🇺🇸

Does anyone know why the three dots to edit my post might have disappeared? I sold an item but can’t mark the ad as sold.

Hello,

I’ve reached out to the “contact us” link on the website but I haven’t got a response yet.

I’m paying for membership but I’m not able to create any threads in the buy / sell forum.

Says I have insufficient privileges…

Can someone help me understand? Is there a rule I’m missing?

Attachments

• IMG_1058.jpeg
    IMG_1058.jpeg
    204.8 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0975.png
    IMG_0975.png
    159.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0974.png
    IMG_0974.png
    227.3 KB · Views: 32
Hello,

I’ve reached out to the “contact us” link on the website but I haven’t got a response yet.

I’m paying for membership but I’m not able to create any threads in the buy / sell forum.

Send a PM to @alexj-12

Reactions: Baron23 and MaxVY
Hello,

Have you clicked on the “Report a Problem” link at the bottom of your order details page? See your picture.

Last edited:
Hello,

I'm having this same problem, did u ever figure it out?

How do I post here? At the bottom of my page it says something like " insufficient credit to post here" or something like that, how do I change that?

I'm having this same problem, did u ever figure it out?
See my post #118 above.

What is the PX limit as a supporter? Also, can I sell something with the 20$ a month subscription or do I need to get the commercial subscription to sell something? I just want to sell 2 scopes, I wouldn't think I would need the commercial one just for this, but you never know.

What is the PX limit as a supporter? Also, can I sell something with the 20$ a month subscription or do I need to get the commercial subscription to sell something? I just want to sell 2 scopes, I wouldn't think I would need the commercial one just for this, but you never know.
You can sell as much as you like for the $20 as long as you aren’t a commercial operation and the mods here are hip to people trying to get around that.

And selling two scopes is not a problem and is accommodated by your $20 supporter status.

You can sell as much as you like for the $20 as long as you aren’t a commercial operation and the mods here are hip to people trying to get around that.

And selling two scopes is not a problem and is accommodated by your $20 supporter status.
Thank you for the clarification.

Reactions: Baron23
Haven’t sold anything here for a while. Understand the $19.95/month.
Is this per calendar month or 30 days from the date of signing up? How long does it take to activate?

Unlimited items? Not commercial….

unlimited bumping?

Thanks

Is this per calendar month or 30 days from the date of signing up? How long does it take to activate?

unlimited bumping?

Thanks
I can’t answer all of your questions, but here goes for most:

Per calendar month, usually within 24 hours

NOT unlimited items. See the clause in commercial that indicates if you are perceived as posting too many for sale ads, commercial rates will apply.

Not unlimited bumping. Bump once per day. It’s actually in the rules in the PX.

Note that if you’re planning on posting a whole lot of stuff many times per week, you should be expected to scrutinized for overuse of your subscription, depending on what level you’ve paid for.

unlimited bumping?

Thanks
You can bump you for sale or wtb threads once every 48 hours. You're charged 19.95 on a rolling 30-day basis from the date you upgrade your acct and pay the initial $19.95; upgrades are usually instant but can take up to 24 hrs to go through...Like @lash said, list too many items, you'll need a commercial acct but you would have to list quite a lot before that threshold is reached.

I can’t answer all of your questions, but here goes for most:

Per calendar month, usually within 24 hours

NOT unlimited items. See the clause in commercial that indicates if you are perceived as posting too many for sale ads, commercial rates will apply.

Not unlimited bumping. Bump once per day. It’s actually in the rules in the PX.

Note that if you’re planning on posting a whole lot of stuff many times per week, you should be expected to scrutinized for overuse of your subscription, depending on what level you’ve paid for.
Thanks

You can bump you for sale or wtb threads once every 48 hours. You're charged 19.95 on a rolling 30-day basis from the date you upgrade your acct and pay the initial $19.95; upgrades are usually instant but can take up to 24 hrs to go through...Like @lash said, list too many items, you'll need a commercial acct but you would have to list quite a lot before that threshold is reached.
Thanks

I’m new here, don’t have a supporter status yet. Can I buy things without it, or do I have to have it to buy things period?
You need a supporter acct to start threads in the PX subforum but you dont need it to simply reply to preexisting threads.

Reactions: MasonSims
I'm new here. Curious that you have to pay to post things for sale. I'm sure I'm missing the concept, but I assume this is to prevent scammers? I'm all about supporting, but 20 dollars seems a bit steep just to post a for sale ad.
If you only have 1 or 2 smalls, then sell it on GB or another forum, $20 isn't bad if you have many things to sell, where GB would eat into profits with their percentage based fees. Then it's a bargain. But a heads up, folks here ain't buying & selling a lot of junk.

I'm new here. Curious that you have to pay to post things for sale. I'm sure I'm missing the concept, but I assume this is to prevent scammers? I'm all about supporting, but 20 dollars seems a bit steep just to post a for sale ad.
It’s $20 for a month. Call your local newspaper and ask them how much to run a classified ad. This isn’t an exchange website. It’s a forum, that has allowed members to post items for sale. 99% of the grief the owner, admins and moderators have to deal with daily are post exchange related.

If $20 is too steep, simply don't purchase an account upgrade - that's it.

What firearms-related forums are you a member where there's no fee to start a thread to either sell, buy or trade something?

Literally millions of dollars of worth of transactions occur in the PX every year so it shouldn't come as a surprise that you have to pay to play...

If you only have 1 or 2 smalls, then sell it on GB or another forum, $20 isn't bad if you have many things to sell, where GB would eat into profits with their percentage based fees. Then it's a bargain. But a heads up, folks here ain't buying & selling a lot of junk.
Understood. That makes sense.

It’s $20 for a month. Call your local newspaper and ask them how much to run a classified ad. This isn’t an exchange website. It’s a forum, that has allowed members to post items for sale. 99% of the grief the owner, admins and moderators have to deal with daily are post exchange related.
Pretty sure nobody runs classifieds in newspapers. Its not 1980. But, the rest makes sense. Just curious. Thanks.

What firearms-related forums are you a member where there's no fee to start a thread to either sell, buy or trade something?

Literally millions of dollars of worth of transactions occur in the PX every year so it shouldn't come as a surprise that you have to

Literally millions of dollars of worth of transactions occur in the PX every year so it shouldn't come as a surprise that you have to pay to play...
Apparently people here are friendly. Looking forward to it. Do me a favor and Google the word rhetoric.

• Haha
Reactions: lash and nn8734
Apparently people here are friendly. Looking forward to it. Do me a favor and Google the word rhetoric.
You're a dumb fuck who asked a dumb fucking question while implying Frank is ripping people off by asking for $20.00 to buy/sell/trade.

You've been here since 2017, have a grand total of 12 fucking posts, one of which implies the owner is somehow short-changing people yet I should be googling?

I don't need to look up shit. Do yourself a favor - log off and never come back.

Oh, and no need to quote anyone's post twice - once is sufficient. Lol...

Reactions: W54/XM-388
You're a dumb fuck who asked a dumb fucking question while implying Frank is ripping people off by asking for $20.00 to buy/sell/trade.

You've been here since 2017, have a grand total of 12 fucking posts, one of which implies the owner is somehow short-changing people yet I should be googling?

I don't need to look up shit. Do yourself a favor - log off and never come back.

Cool. Very adult.

Last edited:

*eye roll* ok. Let's start over here. Ill dumb it waaaaay down. If you purchase a 40 Oz beer from your local trailer park, you'd assume that you'll receive the product you paid for, correct? I'm simply trying to discern the value of my 20 dollars against the benefits recieved in return. 20 dollars seems high; that doesn't mean I'm unwilling to pay it. It simply means I'm wondering what the product is I get in return. As a new person to the forum, I am only partially aware of all of the different places I can look in SH to see my ROI. I see the list of benefits when I select the 20 dollar package, sure. But, how are the training videos, is there a large enough customer base here to justify spending that money every month? It's a simple question. Enjoy your beer....

Last edited:
*eye roll* ok. Let's start over here. If you purchase a 40 Oz beer from your local trailer park, you'd assume that you'll receive the product you paid for, correct? I'm simply trying to discern the value of my 20 dollars against the benefits recieved in return. 20 dollars seems high; that doesn't mean I'm unwilling to pay it. It simply means I'm wondering what the product is I get in return. As a new person to the forum, I am only partially aware of all of the different places I can look in SH to see my ROI. I see the list of benefits when I select the 20 dollar package, sure. But, how are the training videos, is there a large enough customer base here to justify spending that money every month? It's a simple question. Enjoy your beer....
1704899484873.gif

1704899517960.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 1911hombre
*eye roll* ok. Let's start over here. If you purchase a 40 Oz beer from your local trailer park, you'd assume that you'll receive the product you paid for, correct? I'm simply trying to discern the value of my 20 dollars against the benefits recieved in return. 20 dollars seems high; that doesn't mean I'm unwilling to pay it. It simply means I'm wondering what the product is I get in return. As a new person to the forum, I am only partially aware of all of the different places I can look in SH to see my ROI. I see the list of benefits when I select the 20 dollar package, sure. But, how are the training videos, is there a large enough customer base here to justify spending that money every month? It's a simple question. Enjoy your beer....
Well, take a look at the membership numbers. Then browse the PX and discern for yourself if it’s worth it. If you are new or never really focused on long range shooting before, the training videos alone are worth the coin.

You jumped right to “Google it”, but never really bothered to do one iota of research yourself. Do as I say much?

We actually are a friendly bunch of people, just not in the current school of “everything you do is awesome” way. More like the fuck around with each other and don’t take things personally kinda way.

Welcome to Snipers Hide and I hope that you are well rested from your seven year sleep. 👍🏻

Well, take a look at the membership numbers. Then browse the PX and discern for yourself if it’s worth it. If you are new or never really focused on long range shooting before, the training videos alone are worth the coin.

You jumped right to “Google it”, but never really bothered to do one iota of research yourself. Do as I say much?

We actually are a friendly bunch of people, just not in the current school of “everything you do is awesome” way. More like the fuck around with each other and don’t take things personally kinda way.

Welcome to Snipers Hide and I hope that you are well rested from your seven year sleep. 👍🏻
I certainly did research. I'm just not well versed in site navigation after 2 days....I looked, quite a bit actually. The question asked was rhetorical. Interesting of you to assume otherwise.

I sure everyone is friendly. I just have yet to see it. Seems like a forum of children that swear at each other and defend stupidity so far.

Last edited:
Fairly simple. This site gets more views on your for sale product than most any other site in this part of the niche of the firearms industry.

The owner of the site has determined that after building a user base this large that he is going to charge for people to access that user base to sell your products or goods. The owner has determined that cost to be $20 for non commercial entities.

You also get access to things like the training videos and such.

So, if you don't feel like that user base is worth that $20, then you are free to use another site for whatever price they do or don't charge. As you can tell by the activity in the PX, many users feel the $20 is worth it.

It's really that simple. Frank spent years building a user base and has the ability and right to charge you for access to that user base. It's just another form of business.

This place is worth every nickel, isn't the $200 yearly actually like 14 months? That is less than $15 a month

Anyhow, please visit the pit 😂

Fairly simple. This site gets more views on your for sale product than most any other site in this part of the niche of the firearms industry.

The owner of the site has determined that after building a user base this large that he is going to charge for people to access that user base to sell your products or goods. The owner has determined that cost to be $20 for non commercial entities.

So, if you don't feel like that user base is worth that $20, then you are free to use another site for whatever price they do or don't charge. As you can tell by the activity in the PX, many users feel the $20 is worth it.

It's really that simple. Frank spent years building a user base and has the ability and right to charge you for access to that user base. It's just another form of business. I could have sworn I typed something like "it's not that I'm unwilling to pay it, I'm just learning if the price is worth it".

It's really that simple. Frank spent years building a user base and has the ability and right to charge you for access to that user base. It's just another form of business.
Interesting. I could sworn I typed something like "im not unwilling to pay, that's not a problem, it's just trying to discern what the benefit is. Initially is seems high, but I do not know what goes into it yet". Never said I didn't feel like it was worth it.....just learning and apparently justifying that it's impossible to know everything about the site on my first few posts. But, it's pretty simple, right?

I certainly did research. I'm just not well versed in site navigation after 2 days....I looked, quite a bit actually. The question asked was rhetorical. Interesting of you to assume otherwise.

I sure everyone is friendly. I just have yet to see it. Seems like a forum of children that swear at each other and defend stupidity so far.
Yup! You got it. I’d suggest that you just save yourself some wasted time and log off now. These are not the droids you’re looking for.

If you hate fucking swearing then you’ll be damned upset with your fucking self if you hang out here long enough. We are a bunch of immature assholes that thrive on criticism and screwing around.

There. That do it for you? Seems like what you’re looking for.

This place is worth every nickel, isn't the $200 yearly actually like 14 months? That is less than $15 a month

Anyhow, please visit the pit 😂
Thank you. A normal response. I appreciate you. Judt asking if the 20 is worth it. Apparently that offends everyone.

Interesting. I could sworn I typed something like "im not unwilling to pay, that's not a problem, it's just trying to discern what the benefit is. Initially is seems high, but I do not know what goes into it yet". Never said I didn't feel like it was worth it.....just learning and apparently justifying that it's impossible to know everything about the site on my first few posts. But, it's pretty simple, right?
Then do more reading and less posting. You will learn much more with less grief.

Sheesh! You can lead a horse to water…

Reactions: nn8734