• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses Frank's Minnesota Class 2020

Hahaha. I just figure if I can get in on one of the nonmember spots I am just going to buy 2 cases of prime. I always reload but I might just have to make this a little easier on myself.

One step closer. Can't wait. Hopefully there are spots for non members.

if this is like the Alaska Precision course, you are going to learn and have more fun than you imagined. Oh, and you better be ready when Marc says your name followed by “send it!”.

• Haha
Reactions: Enough Said
Even us nonmembers

1585580043142.png

Unfortunately I can't make it work this year with the prospect of things getting dicey financially as the year progresses. Maybe next year.

Anyone else anxiously awaiting class? I know last year was great and this year should be even better. Are we full or are there some spots left?

Reactions: Ryan.Johnson
Anyone else anxiously awaiting class? I know last year was great and this year should be even better. Are we full or are there some spots left?
I am super excited. Hahaha. Shit I sold all my scopes and got 2 ZCO scopes. Sold 3 rifles and I am building a custom rifle. Just waiting on the chassis and barrel to be finished. Thought if I can get as much out of this class as I can let's do it. O and of course I have Frank's book so he will have to sign it.

I am super excited. Hahaha. Shit I sold all my scopes and got 2 ZCO scopes. Sold 3 rifles and I am building a custom rifle. Just waiting on the chassis and barrel to be finished. Thought if I can get as much out of this class as I can let's do it. O and of course I have Frank's book so he will have to sign it.
Were you there last year or is this your first?

First time. I wanted to last year but just never had the money.
Well i look forward to meeting you. It's well worth the money. Enough so that i felt i was going to easily get my monies worth going again this year. You'll see a variety of equipment there if it's anything like last year. We had full customs, ~$500 complete setups to a couple gassers (one of which was a 18" 308 of i recall).

Eight spots taken; still twelve empty seats. I can’t commit yet. Just went back to work last Monday after four months off. Last year the last seats didn’t fill till right at the end.

Reactions: EchoDeltaSierra
Well i look forward to meeting you. It's well worth the money. Enough so that i felt i was going to easily get my monies worth going again this year. You'll see a variety of equipment there if it's anything like last year. We had full customs, ~$500 complete setups to a couple gassers (one of which was a 18" 308 of i recall).

Was it an 18" or 16"? I know several of people were really impressed to see how well that ran at 1000y.

Was it an 18" or 16"? I know several of people were really impressed to see how well that ran at 1000y.
I don't remember for sure, it may well have been a 16" i just remember it was a shorty and he couldn't use the shotmarker targets because he was subsonic at that range!, along with the leos rifle that was there

I remember it as a 16” gun. He had built it himself with parts from lots of different manufacturers. It seems to me the barrel was DPMS, maybe receivers too. He claimed it was his first and only rifle. I was next to him on his right on the first day, and it ejected brass with precision to my left temple. I also remember him showing well at 1000 yards. Oh, and nary a KAC or LMT part on it. Who’da thunk.

I remember it as a 16” gun. He had built it himself with parts from lots of different manufacturers. It seems to me the barrel was DPMS, maybe receivers too. He claimed it was his first and only rifle. I was next to him on his right on the first day, and it ejected brass with precision to my left temple. I also remember him showing well at 1000 yards. Oh, and nary a KAC or LMT part on it. Who’da thunk.
Yeah while i understand the frustration people have with dpms, i pulled out my dpms g2 at the class and while it has a different barrel the rest of the firing components are dpms and proceeded to shoot a .6 group at the 1k shot marker targets with the ammo that is made for my bolt gun not that gasser. While my gun had the advantage of a longer barrel it still is primarily a dpms and has priced more reliable for me than many of these other guns guys have that are the gucci brands

Reactions: 1911hombre
I'm pretty sure it was a 16". That guy turned me on to the 178 ELDM bullet for my .308, the BC is so much better than the 175 SMK I had been using.

I don't remember for sure, it may well have been a 16" i just remember it was a shorty and he couldn't use the shotmarker targets because he was subsonic at that range!, along with the leos rifle that was there

Reactions: Dustyplyr
https://precisionrifletraining.net
PRECISIONRIFLETRAINING.NET IS UP AND LIVE.
FROM THE HOME PAGE, YOU GUYS ARE THE $1,000 OPTION. THERE ARE SOME RANGE FEES WHICH ARE NOT ASSOCIATED WITH COURSE FEE.
SAVE A COPY OF YOUR RECEIPT. THAT IS YOUR TICKET TO TRAINING.

THANKS. LOOKING FORWARD TO SHOOTING WITH YOU GUYS.

TAYLOR

Shipped my only "range gun" to it's new home this morning right before deciding to sign up.. Here's to hoping the new 6.5x47 build is done and broken in in time so I don't have to get the hunting SAUMs or WM barrels scorching hot!

Really looking forward to this. I used a lot of Frank's articles years ago to base my fundamentals off of and will be nice to have some live instruction.

I did the same thing. Sold all my bolt guns to build a really nice one and hopefully by the end of the week it will be up and running.

Getting close, fellas.
I need a class roster of absolute paid attendees. We will be issuing Certificates, so I need NAMES.
Attached please find our Info / Indemnity sheet for students who will be there.
Fill it out and get it to me, Marc Taylor, at [email protected]. Please don't attach a photo of it. Photos require a TON of ink.
Frank and I are overnighting in North Branch, MN, at the AmericInn by Wyndham.

-- Taylor

Attachments

• PRC Application - Gopher.pdf
    23.8 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
FYI,

The AmericInn in North Branch is full and not taking reservations...

What is camping like at GRRC?

FYI,

The AmericInn in North Branch is full and not taking reservations...

What is camping like at GRRC?
Forest lake and Cambridge are both options as well. I stayed in forest lake last year and i know some guys including frank stayed in Cambridge

Forest lake and Cambridge are both options as well. I stayed in forest lake last year and i know some guys including frank stayed in Cambridge
Lots of options in Cambridge or Forest Lake, yes. Hell, we’re not that far from the northern edge of the metro. There is at least one more motel in North Branch. I doubt camping at GRRC would fly for a non- member; you’d be locked in , etc. Doesn’t look like I’ll be able to attend this year, but I’ll sneak up there and get my book signed, at least. :(:(

Ok stupid question if I have already signed up at GRRC and paid the $200 do I just bring the check for $800 then. Or should I pay on snipers hide and then get a refund from GCCR. Just want to know the best way to handle this. Thanks.

Ok stupid question if I have already signed up at GRRC and paid the $200 do I just bring the check for $800 then. Or should I pay on snipers hide and then get a refund from GCCR. Just want to know the best way to handle this. Thanks.
Follow the link like mark posted and it changes the total to the right amount at checkout

I have (2) signed Aps on 7/6. We are one month out and I've got four courses before you guys.
You need to get these in to me so we an do what we do.
Thanks,
Taylor

I will get mine in to you tomorrow, I’ve been off the hide for a little while so I apologize for seeing this late. Maybe have GRRC send out a reminder to those that have signed up through them?

I have (2) signed Aps on 7/6. We are one month out and I've got four courses before you guys.
You need to get these in to me so we an do what we do.
Thanks,
Taylor

Reactions: Enough Said
I'm shocked there are still 10 open slots... same cost as last year, but with an extra day and a second instructor this year.

We are going to have a blast and it will be a great distraction from the world's craziness!

If anyone needs a gun, optic or whatever just let me know as I can probably find a few for guys to borrow.

I'm shocked there are still 10 open slots... same cost as last year, but with an extra day and a second instructor this year.

We are going to have a blast and it will be a great distraction from the world's craziness!

If anyone needs a gun, optic or whatever just let me know as I can probably find a few for guys to borrow.

I don’t know how tripod intense things are but that is the only area I’m really lacking..

I don't suppose anyone is bringing a TBAC 338 ultra with them are they? Have a cert for one and trying to decide between it and a dominus

I'm a new member of Gopher RRC, new enough that I have only shot there once. Not really sure how to go about getting communication out.. Are you guys just looking to tell people they need to get their paperwork in to Marc? or pay the balance?

I'm a new member of Gopher RRC, new enough that I have only shot there once. Not really sure how to go about getting communication out.. Are you guys just looking to tell people they need to get their paperwork in to Marc? or pay the balance?
Paperwork and also reiterate that there are some spots and that this is a fantastic opportunity