• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FREE Mesquite Creek Rifle Match, TX ***PICS UP***

Re: FREE Mesquite Creek Rifle Match, Texas 02-19-11

Sorry to say Chuck but no. Work has had me going crazy. Went on leave end of Oct in to Nov and then had to go to Brady for 3 weeks and train a Guard unit getting ready to hit the sand box. Wife is due in March and I am getting ready for Korea. Nice to know that you think about me. I hope to be out with the old gang.

Nate
I hadn't seen you around in a while either.... I was thinking you were already in Korea.
Sucks you have to ship out with the new baby on the way soon.....life of a soldier I guess.
Hope to see you when you get back.

No not in Korea just yet. Do you need any more RO's for the match? If not thats cool. I am still going to try and make it out for some fun BS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DELTANATE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No not in Korea just yet. Do you need any more RO's for the match? If not thats cool. I am still going to try and make it out for some fun BS. </div></div>

Thanks for the offer bud.... at the moment we are good on RO's for the match.
Feel free to come on out and visit though if you get a chance.... It ain't that far out there from the Hood.

Lucks may have already beat me to this, but I am asking anyways. We are putting on a Night Vision Demo for anyone who cares to take part after the match ends on Saturday night the 19th. We will have 9 different setup's. 7 Night Vision and 2 Thermal. In order to get this event set up I need a good head count of people who will be sticking around for it. I have to order ammunition and do not want to over or under buy. Please let Lucks know or PM me and I can add you to the list.

Thanks,

I might come shoot this with the bad ass prize table

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I might come shoot this with the bad ass prize table </div></div>

Hey Geordie, I've got some really cool Sniper Poppers that you can win...:)

Seriously, thanks for all the help with the match and the prize table donation.

Just so everyone knows, Outback drove three hours to meet me last weekend to loan me some steel targets and also give me some targets to put on the prize table. Thanks again Geordie for all the help!

Is Geordie the English guy that has the off-road Corvette with mud tires I saw at the Bash?

That's him....the crazy Australian....

Hope you boys are getting your ammo loaded! Just put the finishing touches on a stage I think you will like
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sleeper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hope you boys are getting your ammo loaded! Just put the finishing touches on a stage I think you will like
grin.gif
</div></div>

Yes, loading away.

Yup nonstop loading and practice lol.

Also just to let all attendees know, i will be bringing a good new orleans mardi gras king cake for us all on saturday lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The_Hoff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also just to let all attendees know, i will be bringing a good new orleans mardi gras king cake for us all on saturday lol </div></div>

Haydels?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The_Hoff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nope, from Antoines

I figured after a long day shooting might as well end it properly lol </div></div>

Never tried theirs, despite living in NOLA for 5 years.

PM sent for alternate list.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rookie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PM sent for alternate list.</div></div>

Thanks for stopping by this evening. Hope you can make it to this match and/or the other one.

From a guy that was raised in the Hill Country... I hope this match kicks ass and they will put on more. Hopefully next time I'll know about it in advance.

I'm going to do my damndest to try to come down Saturday/Sunday to observe... looks like you guys know how to throw a party!!

Hey everyone. I leave tonight to go out to the ranch to work on setting up for the match. I'll be out there through the weekend. Cell phone signal is hit or miss out there but if you need something then leave me a message and I'll call you back when I hit some signal. Text messages seem to work better than voicemail out there, so if you want then text me.
Adam
254-541-4196

Also, Robert (SH = "Sleeper") is the other Match Director and he won't be heading out to the ranch until Friday afternoon. So if something comes up and you can't reach me, you can reach him at 254-493-0777.

Please be at the ranch at 7:00am and you must be at the safety brief at 7:30am Saturday to be able to shoot the match.

Please do not park in the drive with the galvanized silver gate to the left of our front gate, that is the neighboring ranch's entrance and we don't want to upset them.

Please remember that the ranch is ~20 miles outside of the town of San Saba when you are figuring your arrival time.

Also, if you ordered a t-shirt please bring $20 cash for each t-shirt that you ordered. We will be squaring up on the t-shirts first thing Saturday morning when you check in, so for the sake of time please have cash ready.

Look forward to meeting everyone and having a great match this weekend....

<span style="font-style: italic">Just in case anyone shooting the match accidentally deleted this and needs directions.....</span>

<span style="font-size: 14pt">Mesquite Creek Ranch Tactical Precision Rifle Match</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">About Mesquite Creek Ranch….</span>
Mesquite Creek Ranch (MCR) is located in northwestern San Saba County, Texas. It is approximately 256 acres of rolling mesquite flats and prickly pear cactus. The ranches northern boundary is the Colorado River. The ranch is primarily used for recreational deer hunting and for running a small herd of cattle. There are approximately 20 head of Angus and Brangus type cattle on the ranch. The ranch has been owned since 2004 by the Lucksinger family.

<span style="font-weight: bold">A few words about the match….</span>
Please remember you are being invited out to my ranch for a FREE tactical precision rifle match. Our goal is for everyone to be safe, have fun, make new friends, practice, and learn new shooting skills, and enjoy competing for prizes. This match will be run as a friendly match. Please feel free to ask questions and share ideas with other shooters. At the end of the day, please remember that this match is for free, and while there are prizes for the top finishers, it is most important to have fun and make new friends. Please come with an open mind and patience. We are not professionals and don’t have years of experience putting on matches, but we are determined to do the best job we can for you. I really appreciate the opportunity to host the match at my ranch, and I hope this match inspires others to put on matches at their favorite shooting spot as well. Hopefully, this match will help grow the sport of tactical precision rifle matches here in Texas.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Directions to Mesquite Creek Ranch</span>
• Take Highway 16 North out of San Saba, TX.
• Approximately 2 miles north of San Saba take a left onto FM 500 (West)
• <span style="font-weight: bold">You will be staying on FM 500 (around 20 miles) all the way to the entrance of the ranch.</span>
• After about 18 miles you will go passed the turn off for Regency and Regency Bridge (CR 137) to your right.
• You will then pass our neighbors place, it will be a very nice house on your right with a big stone entrance, flag poles, big bronze statue and fountain out in front of the house, “Regency Crossing Ranch” on gate, etc. (MCR will be the next place on your right)
• Ahead of you FM 500 makes a hard (90 deg.) turn back to the left, as you approach this curve the entrance to MCR will be on your right.
• The gate is a silver pipe and wire gate. To the right of the gate is a black sign with two deer on it that says “Mesquite Creek Ranch”
• The gate will be unlocked, but please make sure and close the gate behind you…. we have cattle on the ranch and don’t want them to get out on the road. Thanks!
• The headquarters for the match will be the barn/cabin at the top of the small hill ahead of you as you enter the ranch. It is a tan metal building with a green roof. When you arrive please proceed to the cabin.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Map</span>
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...&sspn=0.079405,0.181446&ie=UTF8&z=11&dirflg=d

<span style="font-weight: bold">Schedule</span>
Friday – February 18th, 2011
3:00pm – sundown
1000 yard steel range will be open for practice and zeroing rifles.
Steel targets are positioned every 100 yards out to 1000 yards.
Saturday, February 19th, 2011
7:00am
Arrive at ranch
7:00am-7:45 am
Sign in, unload gear, squad assignment, safety brief, etc.
8:00am – 6:00 pm
Shooting the match
There will be no official break for lunch. But there will be adequate down time to eat something. Please bring food with you…. we’ll be eating on the run.
6:00pm – 7:00 pm
Tabulating final scores, awards presentation, prize table, Match officially over.
7:00pm –????
For those who wish to stay…. relax, hang out, drink some cold ones, night vision demo, etc ….
Sunday, February 20th, 2011
8:00am – 12:00pm
1000y range and ranch open for those who wish to shoot some more for fun and practice.
12:00pm –
Clean up and go home time!

<span style="font-weight: bold">Accessibility</span>
There are good paved roads all the way to the entrance of the ranch. The roads on the ranch are two rut pasture roads. They are typically navigated by pickup truck, SUV, ATV or UTV. You can probably make it up to the ranch headquarters in a car, but I’ve never tried it, so I’m not sure. If you get there and you don’t think your car can handle the off-road driving, the headquarters is only 150 yards from FM 500. You could park on the side of the paved road (FM 500) and walk or hitch a ride up to the headquarters. If you do park on the side of FM 500 and walk to the headquarters, please don’t park in front of the drive with the silver galvanized gate just to the left of our entrance. This is the entrance to our neighbor to the west’s ranch, and we don’t want to upset him!
During the match everyone will park in the area between the road and up to and around headquarters.
We will either walk or everyone will ride in the back of a few pickups or on a trailer to the shooting areas. I do not want 30+ vehicles driving around the ranch to each shooting area.
If it rains a little, accessibility shouldn’t be a problem. If it rains a lot, we may all have to walk from FM 500 to the headquarters and everywhere we go on the ranch. Let’s pray for good weather, foul weather could definitely effect how much shooting we can get done.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Facilities</span>
The only improvement on the ranch is the headquarters. It is a small cabin/barn. The cabin is basically a nice two bedroom/ one bathroom house. The bathroom will be available for anyone to use that needs it. Also, we have 256 acres of outdoor bathroom that you are welcome to use at anytime as well.
smile.gif

There are no covered areas or other improvements on the ranch. Please keep in mind that February in Texas can be cold and wet. Please bring whatever gear you need to keep yourself warm and dry during the course of the match. We are not planning on letting the weather cancel or postpone the match.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Lodging</span>
The town of San Saba is the closest town to the ranch. San Saba has several restaurants, a small grocery store, and a couple of small motels.
If you are staying the night, feel free to stay wherever you like….but the closest motel to the ranch is the Executive Inn in San Saba. It is at the edge of town heading out towards the ranch. Their phone number is (325) 372-5192. I have spoken with the manager and he has offered those shooting the match a special discounted rate. The special rate for a single room is $40 per night, and this includes all fees and taxes, etc. The special rate for a double room is $48 per night, and this includes all fees and taxes, etc. Just tell them you are with the Mesquite Creek Ranch Precision Rifle Match to get these special rates. www.executiveinnsansaba.com

<span style="font-weight: bold">Equipment Requirements</span>
Minimum:
Precision rifle, 6mm to .30cal, with a speed limit of 3100 fps. No Magnums!
-Rifle must be capable of 1 MOA accuracy, and you must know your dope out to 1000 yards.
Scope must be a tactical-target type scope with the ability to make precise adjustments for elevation and windage.
Pistol, any caliber but must be in a holster that attaches to your belt. You’ll need at least two magazines for your pistol.
Ammo, 150 rounds precision, 50 rounds pistol.
Hearing Protection and Eye Protection
Note taking gear (ex. small pocket spiral and pen)
Backpack or bag to carry all your gear from one area to next, quickly!
Rifle Sling
Other suggested equipment:
Shooting mat and/or elbow and knee pads
Laser range finder and/or binoculars
Warm clothes and wet weather clothing
Gloves
Bipod and rear bag
Small calculator

<span style="font-weight: bold">Ranch, Range, and some of the Match Rules</span>
• Shooters and spectators must attend safety brief and sign liability waiver to be able to attend and/or compete in match.

• The Ranch, Lucksinger Family, or the RO’s are not responsible for any damage(s) that occurs to you or your property during the match. You are entering the property at your own risk.

• Cattle always have the right of way on the ranch. We don’t shoot towards the cattle for any reason. If you see cattle down range, please let the RO’s know immediately.

• If at any time during the match you feel that you are a danger to others, or other shooters are a danger to you, please leave the ranch immediately.

• This is a COLD RANGE. No loaded weapons off the firing line at anytime. No exceptions. Anyone with a loaded weapon off the firing line will be disqualified from the match.

• Eye and ear protection must be worn while any shooter is on the firing line.

• Muzzle control must be maintained at all times. Rifles must be carried slung with muzzles down, mag out, bolt up. Pistols must be holstered, unloaded, with mag out, and will not be removed except at firing line. Please arrange your gear where your hands are free at all times. Your muzzle will not cover any part of yours or anyone else’s body. Anyone who displays unsafe muzzle control, even with an unloaded gun, will be disqualified.

• No magazines are to be in your rifle or pistol unless you are on the firing line. Rifles must be carried mag out and bolt up.

• Any negligent discharge (ND) of a gun will result in disqualification from the match. During the stages the RO can call the ND using his judgment.

• No person shall consume or be under the influence of alcohol or drugs during the match. Any person found to be impaired and unsafe as a result of legitimate prescription drugs will be directed to stop shooting and not allowed to finish the match.

• Anyone who is having issues safely engaging targets, whether shooter or equipment related, will be asked to cease fire, and sit out any stages the RO’s feel the shooter cannot safely engage.

• Everyone who attends the match is a Safety Officer and has the right and responsibility to address safety issues, including other shooters who are not being safe. Also, if you have a safety concern, please make an RO aware of it immediately.

• Pick up your brass (as best you can) and pick up your trash.

• No FMJ precision rifle ammo, no AP, and no tracer ammunition allowed. Violators will be disqualified.

• Do not touch or tamper with anyone else’s gear without their permission.

• No cheating or unfair gaming. If caught doing so, at RO’s discretion, you may be warned, you may receive a 0 for the stage, or possibly be disqualified from the match.

• When it is your turn on the firing line, firing before the time starts, or after your time ends, will be considered a no-go. At the RO’s discretion you may receive a warning, a penalty, a zero for the stage, or even possibly be disqualified from the match.

• No hot-heads, whining, or complaining. If you do, you’ll be told to leave the ranch and not come back.

• All decisions, scoring and other wise, made by the Range Officers (RO’s) are final.

<span style="font-weight: bold">
Scoring</span>
You will receive points for hits, no points for misses, and negative points for shooting no-shoots (hostages, etc.). Each stage will have a time limit. If you run out of time, you will still get the points for your hits; but obviously miss out on getting the points for the targets you failed to engage.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Prizes</span>
Prizes have been graciously donated by the match sponsors. We have some REALLY NICE prizes donated. Anyone who receives a prize must have their picture taken with the prize and make sure a thank you and picture gets sent to the sponsor.
Top finishers will pick prizes off the prize table in order; however we may use some prizes for stage winners, and in drawings for all those who attend. I have spent a considerable amount of time soliciting vendors for prizes. With that in mind, please be understanding of how we decide to distribute the prizes.
Also, first, second, third, top .308, top military (active or veteran), and top active LEO will be recognized.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Fire Hazards</span>
Please be aware that San Saba County has been in a horrible drought. While we hope this situation changes by February, it may not. We ask all shooters to keep an eye out for potential fire hazards. If at any time you see smoke or a fire danger, immediately tell the RO, and he will call a cease fire while we address the situation. If you smoke, please snuff-out your butts, anyone who doesn’t will be asked to leave the ranch.

<span style="font-weight: bold">FAQ’s</span>
<span style="font-style: italic">How many shooters are in the match? </span>
We expect 30 shooters to attend the match.

<span style="font-style: italic">Will we be divided up into squads?</span>
Yes. We are anticipating having two squads with 12-15 shooters in each squad. If you have friend(s) you would like to be squaded with, please let me know as soon as possible and I will try my best to accommodate you.

<span style="font-style: italic">I’ve never shot a tactical precision rifle match before, what should I expect?</span>
That’s the best things about these matches, you never know what to expect!
Due to the fact that these matches stem from military and LE type training and competitions, the general rule applies….You never know what the next call or mission will be, so be prepared for anything!
That being said, you should be prepared for shooting your pistol at paper targets out to 25 yards. You should be prepared to shoot your rifle out to 1000 yards on steel and paper. You should practice prone at distance, sitting and kneeling shots at closer ranges. You should practice shooting off of barricades, etc. You should spend quite a bit of time at the 100 yard range as well. Make sure you have a rock solid 100 yard zero. Most of the points in these matches come from 500 yards and in. Practice moving in your gear, several stages are scenario stages where you will have to move into position to engage targets.

<span style="font-style: italic">How much ammo will I need for the match?</span>
150 precision and 50 pistol.
Don’t worry; this will be enough ammo even if you miss a lot!
smile.gif

If you are staying to shoot for fun or practice of course you’ll need more ammo for that…..

<span style="font-style: italic">Is this going to be physically demanding?</span>
Yes and No. You will have to move and shoot with your gear; however we give you adequate time where you don’t necessarily have to run. You will have to be able to quickly get up and down off your gun in the prone position. Also, if you feel a stage is too physically demanding, you can sit it out for no score on that stage.

<span style="font-style: italic">What if I don’t know my dope to 1000 yards?</span>
The ballistics programs and calculators out there these days are excellent. Please consult one before you come to the match. They should give you a safe idea of your expected trajectory. If you still have questions or concerns, please make the RO’s aware of this at the match and we will try to help you, while keeping the shooting as safe as possible. Also, if you are able, please plan to come out Friday evening and shoot on the 1000 yard range for practice and to get some actual dope at distance for your rifle. If you are having trouble at the match, the RO’s and other shooters will likely try to help you figure out what your estimated come-ups and wind holds should be.

<span style="font-style: italic">What distances will we be shooting?</span>
Rifle, 10 to 1000 yards.
Pistol, 0 to 25 yards.

<span style="font-style: italic">Are laser range finders allowed?</span>
Yes. Please bring one if you have it. However, there may be some stages where you are not allowed to use it.

<span style="font-style: italic">Are there any ammo restrictions?</span>
No FMJ precision rifle ammo, no AP, and no tracer ammunition allowed. Violators will be disqualified.

<span style="font-style: italic">What if we are late to the match?</span>
Anyone who misses the Safety Brief at 7:30 am Saturday will not be allowed to shoot the match.

<span style="font-style: italic">Is there a magazine limit?</span>
Rifle, ten rounds
Pistol, no limit

<span style="font-style: italic">Are muzzle breaks and/or suppressors allowed?</span>
Yes. I hate muzzle breaks. Please be as courteous as you can to those shooting around you if you are shooting a break. Please bring a mat with you so that you are not blowing dust and debris into other competitors faces.
Suppressors, no problem, please have appropriate paperwork with you just in case we get a visit from any local authorities (trust me, the neighbors are not used to this much noise and shooting, so who knows who might show up to investigate!)

<span style="font-style: italic">Are lunch and drinks provided?</span>
No, please bring your own food and drinks. No, official lunch break will be given, but there should be enough down time between stages to eat on the run.

<span style="font-style: italic">Can I switch guns, scope, or equipment during the match?</span>
At most tactical matches the answer is “no”. However, since this is a friendly match the answer is most likely “yes”. If you need to change your rifle for some reason, please inform the RO that you are doing so. As long as you are changing rifles because of an equipment failure or safety issue, there is no problem. Changing rifles to gain an advantage or to game certain stages will not be allowed.

<span style="font-style: italic">Are there bathrooms out there?</span>
There is only one toilet. It is in the cabin and you are welcome to use it. Also, you are welcome to relieve yourself in the pasture if you like.

<span style="font-style: italic">What if there is a scoring error?</span>
We will do our best to correct it. However, all scoring decisions made by the RO’s are final.

<span style="font-style: italic">Do I need to know how to estimate the distance of unknown distance targets using my reticle to measure with?</span>
Yes. Please know the formula(s) or have another way to determine distance using only your scope and rifle, if you are only given the size of the target.
<span style="font-size: 8pt">Example:
FORMULA: target size (in) x 27.77 divided by mils read = yards to target</span>

<span style="font-style: italic">Can I pick up my brass?</span>
If there is time, you are encouraged to pick up your rifle brass.

Thanks again....
If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask them.
Remember, when it comes to guns and safety, the only dumb questions are the ones not asked.

Adam Lucksinger
254-541-4196
Email, [email protected]
Sniper’s Hide = “Lucks”

I'm not getting my bolt rifle back in time so I have last place secured for anyone who was worried about that. I just doped out my hunting load in my AR-10 for the match lol. See y'all Friday.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NTRP-CKA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not getting my bolt rifle back in time so I have last place secured for anyone who was worried about that. I just doped out my hunting load in my AR-10 for the match lol. See y'all Friday. </div></div>

Don't let him lie to you, I have seen what he is capable of with his "hunting" AR10. What was that you posted the other day, 5 of 10 hits, sitting at 1k on a 2 moa target with the AR10 ...........

Ok Boys, the fun is about to begin!!! The prize table is ridiculous for a free match.

Don't drink the hard stuff too much....I'm a beer drinker....Miller Lite mostly....

I'm not but still going to be fun!

By the way sleeper, nothing is free and I know you and Lucks are out some cash. I really appreciate it!!

That just means that I am packed up and ready to roll out tomorrow afternoon. It doesn't mean I will hit anything, lol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blklabs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That just means that I am packed up and ready to roll out tomorrow afternoon. It doesn't mean I will hit anything, lol. </div></div>

Bro I recall your score at the Bash, sure you are gonna shoot lights out.

I'm packed and ready to leave tomorrow afternoon lol, just gotta finish loading 50 more rounds and pick up the kingcake lol.

ready to have a good match and meet you guys.

Dallas12 will be at my house at 0630 to chunk rounds. As soon as his shit is loaded we'll roll.

You guys have a fun and safe match! The t-shirts are very cool, thank you Adam. Mark

DSCN3333web.jpg

Getting ready to head down for the range time this afternoon. See you all there.

As soon as I swing by wally world and pick up some core locks for my rifle I should be ready to roll!

I hope everyone has a good time. I wish I could make it.

shane

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trigger time</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As soon as I swing by wally world and pick up some core locks for my rifle I should be ready to roll! </div></div>

LOL! Going with the fancy stuff, all I have is some PMC Match bullits.

all packed and about to head out should be there about 0600. good luck to you guys looking forward to shooting with you all.

Whoa, loads of fun checking our zero's, awesome private range. Everyone sees my Louisiana tags and says "hey, are you Hoff?". Can't wait to see the courses of fire tomorrow. See you early.

Gary.

Rich, I would give Adam a chance to sleep it off.

Hope everyone had a blast. Wish I could have made it to this match. My wife has been having labor pains since Thursday so it was a big no no to be 2 hours away. Hope to make the next one.

Adam, Bob and the rest of the ROs; thanks to all of you for your hard work in not only planning the match and contacting sponsors to solicit donations for the vast prize table, but also for running a smooth, safe, fun and challenging inaugural course of fire. I think I echo the sentiments of all the competitors and spectators in that you successfully hosted this one, we all enjoyed your hospitality and we all look forward to upcoming training and shooting matches at your facility.

Hey Jonathon, looks like your zero was pretty close. Congrats on the win!!