• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FREE Mesquite Creek Rifle Match, TX ***PICS UP***

Re: FREE Mesquite Creek Rifle Match, Texas 02-19-11

Thanks Adam and all the RO's for putting on this match. I had a good time and enjoyed meeting some new guys. If you haven't stayed at the Executive Inn in San Saba; you are missing out!

Here are some pics of the match:

sm1.jpg

sm5.jpg

sm7.jpg

sm11.jpg

sm12.jpg

sm13.jpg

sm14.jpg

sm15.jpg

sm16.jpg

First Place:
sm17.jpg

Second Place
url]

Third Place
url]

Thanks to Adam for hosting and to all the RO's for their hard work. I thought it was a great match that was challenging and well run. A special thanks to all the sponsors that donated to the prize table and supported this match.

Good times with good people at a great place to shoot. I am looking forward to the next one.

A huge thanks to Adam Lucksinger, and the RO's. You guys put on an amazing match. Thank you for putting it all together, and getting the sponsors in.

Thank you to all the sponsors who supported the event, you all rock.

Huge thanks to Chuck Ross for putting on the NV demo. Hell of a guy, and some great equipment.

Congrats to Jonathan, Wade, Bryan, Bryce, and Adam Morgan. You guys can shoot!

Which Adam? This was the funnest match I have ever shot..... out of 2. I thought it was everything a match should be. Super fun stages, shooting tannerite with a .50 cal was the tits. It was all fun and I'm glad I got to meet everyone. A special thanks to Surgeon Rifles for the DBM, 5th place at a free match really pays out well... Good meeting CKA, Ninja pirtle, the hoff, B.Melick, and the Asian dude from Nor Cal.. The other Adam really put on a kick ass match... Thanks and hopefully will be back in town for the next one.

Adam thanks for putting on this match. It was a great time and it ran really smooth. The layout of the stages were great and challenging. I had a great time and will be looking forward to the next one. Thanks to all of the RO for all of your hard work. Finally, thanks to the sponsors for an awesome prize table. Special thanks to Underground Skunkworks for donating the 911 action! I always try and support the companies that donate back to our sport.

Once again, an awesome set of stages. Thanks again to all the sponsors for their generous donations. Adam and his crew put on an impressive match. I shot with a great group and had a blast.

P.S., Goose, shouldn't your sig of "if your stupid" be "if you're stupid"? Just sayin'... ;P

Gary.

A couple of uploads:
The 50 Cal BMG stage:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uvzv2MZoR78

A couple pics of Alpha group's rifles:
IMG_0423.JPG

IMG_0425.JPG
IMG_0428.JPG

I am sorry I missed this one. These guys put on an awesome match and are super guys.
See you guys at the next one.

Team NTRP shooting the 50 cal stage.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aAnKYTpvHcw"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aAnKYTpvHcw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Hey everyone,
So sorry I haven't posted the results sooner. I literally have been working nonstop cleaning up and returning borrowed targets and gear from the match. I will post a full AAR a little later this evening, but for now here are the results....

1. Jonathan Berry
2. Wade Stuteville
3. Bryan Yeung
4. Tony McCollum
5. Adam Morgan
6. Nathan Pirtle
7. Lonnie Devine
8. Jay Ruby
9. Bill Knight
10. Bach Melick
11. Gary Lowder
12. Clint Vandeventer
13. Patrick Duval
14. Maurice Griffin
15. Adam Williams
16. Brandon Conn
17. Chuck Stewart
18. Allen Elishewitz
19. Chuck Ross
20. Jason Garvey
21. Sharon Griffin
22. David Berry
23. Nathan Howard
24. Adam Terrase
25. Justin Hicks
26. Dave Nunnery
27. Jack Yost
28. Mark Deluia
29. Jim Sandidge
30. David Butler

Adam don't apologize to us man. You put in a lot of work before, during and after the match. We all appreciate everything you did, it was a great match.

Second that. The match was a blast. Very well thought out and run. It was nice to get out and see old friends and meet new ones. I would have been thrilled just to get out and shoot, and when I signed up that's all I thought it was going to be. To have the sponsors step up and donate all the great prizes was just a huge bonus. I'll be trying to let every one of them know how much they are appreciated with letters and my business.
Adam, thanks again to you, your family and all the people involved in putting it together for us.
Tony

VENDORS... THANK YOU so much for stepping up for this home grown match that was FREE for the shooters. I know it wasn't free for Lucks and Sleeper though... The prize table was unbelievable and stacked deep with gear. It pisses me off when guys try to squeeze the last penny out of you and fail to remember or recognize the fact that you donate graciously to these matches over and over again. Thank You!! You guys who weren't there and are reading this, please see the vendor list on page one and shop them when you need gear.

Lucks and Sleeper, very well done and thank you. Many thanks to the ROs who did an outstanding job. Many of them aren't shooters either... Lucks even had his father working at the match and many thanks to him for his work and allowing us to use his property. Sleeper's father-in-law allowed us to use his personal 50 cal and I'm sure he also worked his rear off prior to and during the match. By the way, USA Ammo donated every 50cal round that was fired. Thanks!!

I had a great time and laughed all damn day!! Of course it makes it easy to laugh when they squad me with a fireman I can pick on all day long..hahahahah

bk

That was a great experience. I really enjoyed watching and learning "tons" about this type of shooting. Adam, you and the rest of the ROs worked your tail off and did an outstanding job both running and setting up the match. Thanks. Spoecail thanks to Chuck and Doug along with all the other shooters in Bravo - I really appreciated your willingness to answer questions.
Jim

Good match, good times, great crew. Thanks Adam, especially for the gift at the end. It's greatly appreciated.

Big thanks to Rudy and USAammo for helping me help y'all. I think we had plenty of .50 and 5.56 to go around.

RO's did a good job, thank you.

The prize table was crazy. Thanks to all the sponsors! I picked up a SpecOps M16 pouch rig. Can you tell me who donated it so I can thank them?

You need to charge at the door now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NTRP-CKA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good match, good times, great crew. Thanks Adam, especially for the gift at the end. It's greatly appreciated.

Big thanks to Rudy and USAammo for helping me help y'all. I think we had plenty of .50 and 5.56 to go around.

RO's did a good job, thank you.

The prize table was crazy. Thanks to all the sponsors! I picked up a SpecOps M16 pouch rig. Can you tell me who donated it so I can thank them?

You need to charge at the door now.

</div></div>

Agreed, Lucks, if you charged $50, people would come.

Thanks to Adam and the RO's for setting up an awesome match! it was fun to shoot and was a great learning experience. I am looking forward to the next one.

Thanks to all the sponsors for a great prize table, remember to send them all pics and thank you letters
laugh.gif

The NV demo was great and was a blast to shoot as was the 50cal

I met a lot of new people and had a good time, I almost threw CKA of the bed of my truck with my "cajun drivers license" lol.
With these guys it was hard not to have a good time (even if your dope was FUBAR for 800, 900, 1000 yards
wink.gif
)

the stages were well designed and challenging, but hey I loved the ace card shoot hahaha "center punch"
laugh.gif

If anyone has pictures or video please email them ALL to me I am working on a DVD and Photo album for the match. if you care to you can also send me any letters, comments, etc to my email as well to be put in the video and book.

my pics will be posted once they finish uploading

--The_Hoff

Guys,
I was hanging with Alpha team the entire day. Match was full so I did not make the list.
I learned more watching and listening than I would have ever thought.
What a great buch of guys and an awesome place.
Adam has the ultimate set-up for this match and his RO's were outstanding.
I second the motion to charge for the match to help Adam with the cost and his time.
I will donate my time and expenses next match to cook a cajon shrimp boil for the shoot-night dinner after the match.
It is the least I can do for such a great day.
Next time I will get off my ass early and sign up before it is full.
Thanks again to all who attended for the lessons learned.
Cap'n Kick-ass will be getting some new students from this, I assure you.

See you all at the next one.

Doug S

Re: FREE Mesquite Creek Rifle Match, Texas 02-19-

I wanted to do an after action report on the match. Being my first match to host I'm not sure what I'm supposed to put in it. I think I'd like to just share some of my thoughts and reflections on the match from the point of view of the match director.

First of all, I was absolutely thrilled by the turn out and support for the match. We had 30 people we allowed to sign up for the match and all 30 showed up. Since this was our first free match and no one had to send in an entry fee, I still had the concern in the back of my mind that we could have a lot of no shows. Turns out all the shooters showed up and many brought friends with them to watch. What an awesome turn out for our first match!

Another thing that just amazes me is the quality of individuals that attended, and I'm not just talking in terms of shooting skill. What I am talking about is that all 30 participants in the match were just terrific human beings. Everyone was so friendly, thoughtful, helpful, and courteous. I was blessed with a terrific group of people.

I was also absolutely blown away by the generosity and support for the match from the sponsors. They gave us so much because they support these competitions and this community…and also because they are all just wonderful people. I hope that they know that we appreciate them and please keep them in mind the next time you need to purchase new gear, etc. Also, a special thanks again to all the sponsors that attended the match, Chuck Ross, Jay Ruby, Allen Elishewitz, Rudy with USAAmmo, and Doug and Brandon from Blackhawk.

The match activities really started Friday afternoon. I had offered to let people show up Friday afternoon to zero their rifles and shoot for practice. We had 23 of the 30 competitors show up Friday afternoon to shoot! That was a really fun afternoon for me. It was neat to meet all the new people and let everyone have some free time on the 1000 yard steel range. It seemed like everyone enjoyed that a lot.

Here is a brief description of the course of fire for the match as best I can remember:
The Field Stage
Shooter runs to barricade, loads pistol, and shoots 2 shots each at five IPSC targets through peephole avoiding no-shoots. Then shooter goes prone on rifle and uses provided range card to engage five steel targets on field with 2 shots each. Targets on field are randomly positioned across field from 310 to 530 yards.(3 minutes)
Hostage Flapper Stage
Shooter shoots three shots at steel hostage flapper target with rifle at 310 yards. (30 seconds)
Qualifier Stage
Shooter shoots steel target one shot each every 100 yards starting at 100 and working towards 1000y. Shooter receives points for each hit. First miss….the shooter is done. (2 minutes)
800yard, 900yard, 1000yard, 1000yard bonus Stage
Shooter shoots five shots each at 2/3 IPSC at 800 yards, 2/3 IPSC at 900 yards, Full Size IPSC at 1000 yards, and one bonus shot at 10” plate at 1000 yards.(3 minutes)
Milling UKD Exercise Stage
Determine distance to IPSC target (size given) using only your rifle reticle. Write down answer on score sheet and turn in. Points given for being with 5%,10%,15%,20% of actual distance.
.50 Cal and Tannerite Stage
Shooter gets two shots prone with .50 cal to detonate tannerite and one shot with their precision rifle to engage steel kneeling at 140 yards. (1 minute)
The Tower Stage
Shooter engages five IPSC targets with two shots each with pistol while avoiding no-shoots. Shooter then enters tower and engages five steel targets from window seal with rifle from 220 to 440 yards with two shots each from precision rifle.(3.5 minutes)
The Assault Stage
Shooter begins on rifle prone with two shots at moving 8” helium balloons at 215 yards. Shooter then runs 65 yards to spot where they engage five IPSC targets with two shots each while avoiding no-shoots. Shooter then travels 60 yards to four steel poppers that they engage with one shot each from pistol. Shooter then proceeds 40 yard to spot where they engage 2/3 IPSC steel target unsupported from 225 yards. Shooter then proceeds to crawl into hide where they engage steel target at 250 yards twice. Shooter then must locate and neutralize hidden sniper steel target on hill side 310 yards with one shot. (5 minutes)
Pistol KYL Stage
One shot each until you stop or miss on 12”, 8”,6”, and 4” steel with pistol from 15 yards.
100 yard Rifle Dot Drill Stage
Slow….Engage five dots with one shot each in 60 seconds.
Fast….Engage five dots with one shot each in 20 seconds.
Weak side….Engage five dots with one shot each weak side in 60 seconds.
Repeatability…..Engage five dots with one shot while standing up between each shot in 45 seconds.
KYL…. Shoot four dots one shot each…. Shoot till you quit or miss. (60 seconds).
Accu-Shot Sniper Card
Shoot at crosshairs on card. Closest to center wins a special prize from Accu-shot

Congratulations to the top finishers. Great job Jonathan on the win and Wade on a very, very close second place, and Bryan Yeung for third. Congratulations to our other trophy winners: Adam Morgan who was our top Military Marksman, Bill Knight who was our top LEO Marksman, and Nathan Pirtle who was our top .308 Marksman. Congratulations to Adam Terasse for center punching the Sniper card stage.

The match ran pretty smoothly, God blessed us with good weather, I made lots of new friends, and everyone went home safely. At the end of the day that describes a perfect match from the match director’s perspective!

Thanks to Hoff for the pics, he's got a lot more to post and y'all please share if you have some.

Field stage....
dcvj8n.jpg

CKA on the 1000y range....
2dsicud.jpg

The Hoff (Adam Terrase)on the 1000y range....
20gkzgi.jpg

Allen on The Assault Stage....
2lbygl4.jpg

Can you see the hidden sniper?
rj4e83.jpg

How about now?:)
30sin92.jpg

.50 cal
2m4ae1c.jpg

Truck target for .50 cal Stage
2gyblp4.jpg

Prizes, prizes, prizes....awesome!
2qstl7a.jpg

Everybody loves collecting some hardware...
2cenall.jpg

I’ll post more later as I think of it, right now I am still recovering from little rest over the last five days....

I guess California gun laws are so crazy the the only thing Bryan Yeung could find on the prize table to take back to San Francisco with him was a Miller Lite....:)
dwvv9u.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trigger time</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
022Medium.jpg

</div></div>
That's a bad mo fo right there!!!

I don't know that look makes my knees knock ..... I agree with Chad, lol.

First off, I want to say thank you to Lucks and his friends for putting this match on. I had a great time seeing old friends, and meeting new ones.

To the sponsors, THANK YOU. The sponsor donated prize table was insane. I actually felt guilty carrying off loot in my greasy hands. Please look at the sponsor list and do your best to support these guys in the future.

Thank you to Hooper Ordnance; for donating my sweet new bottom metal assembly!

P.S. CKA drank all my beer....again

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tunin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Once again, an awesome set of stages. Thanks again to all the sponsors for their generous donations. Adam and his crew put on an impressive match. I shot with a great group and had a blast.

P.S., Goose, shouldn't your sig of "if your stupid" be "if you're stupid"? Just sayin'... ;P

Gary.

</div></div>

oh yeah, thats pretty funny.... good call

That looks like it was a great match.
Congrats to the winners.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trigger time</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Must be talking bout the fire fighter. </div></div>

No way, you're the one that showed up a put the whoop ass down!

For my first match, I must say, I'm spoiled! Lack of experience on my part and a 4 round mag for my rifle put me closer to the bottom than the top. And I still walked away with some new friends, a great experience, and not to mention a CDI Precision Gunworks bottom metal with a ten round mag.

I couldn't have got the exact parts I need for the next match if it wasn't for Chuck Ross and Lonnie Devine. Chuck also top loaded for me, because of my 4 round mag, at the 800-1000 yard stage that allowed me to get 4 hits within the time limit.

Adam,

Absolutely outstanding match! It was challenging, extremely fun, and plenty long (there was gunfire for about 9 hours Saturday -beautiful). Lots of variety with pistol and rifle. (B.K. you still better be thankful for all the pistol shooting) Next time Mesquite Creek holds a rifle match I'll be there. It was unbelievable to see the amount of support from sponsers at the prize table and donated ammo that allowed the .50 to be fired as well as the use of the NV Ross Precision Gunworks provided.

Excellent job to all the RO's as well as the Lucksinger family!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Allen Elishewitz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here are Adam and the ROs: Thanks again for putting on such a fun match!

sm29.jpg
</div></div>

Lookin' good gents! Glad you liked the shirts. Wish we could have been there. Mark & The Crew

Re: FREE Mesquite Creek Rifle Match, TX ***PICS UP***

Guys, just wanted to say thanks to all the competitors for coming and working together to get through the stages in a timely fashion. One of the most difficult parts of planing a match is the timing of events and the flow of competitors. You guys showed some hustle allowing us to get through all the stages and finish with time to spare.

Please, please, please, write the sponsors and show your appreciation. That was a sick prize table. There are no excuses as all there websites are listed with links in the first post.

I think I speak for Adam and all the RO's when I say we had a blast putting this on!!!! I had a great time putting names to faces and handles. I hope to shoot with you boys ( and girl) in the near future.

Rob

Hat's off to Adam and all the gang who put on the match. They did a fabulous job! You guys said that putting on a match was new for you guys, but it did not show. I used to put on big matches in the past and I say you guys did it right. We are ready to come out and do it again.

Hope to see all of yall soon,
Maurice

Don't worry about the mule going blind, just load the wagon.

Hell Damn Yes!

That is a hell of a prize table for a free match. Wow...

Adam , Rob and the rest of all the guys who put this together,

Thank you all for letting me be a part of this match. Not only as a sponsor, but a shooter(if you can call it that)as well. I really enjoyed the match and it could not have been better. I was challenged by the events of the match more in some cases than I ever have in any match.

Jay(NTRP) and Rudy(USA Ammo),

Thank you guys for arranging all the 5.56 ammo for the night vision demo. I think it went very well and everyone really enjoyed it. A lot of guys never get a chance to have some hands on time with this type of equipment before buying it. I wanted to provide that oppurtunity, and I belive it was well received. I know that eveyone I spoke to loved it!

Other Competitors,

It was awesome to see old friends and meet new ones. Congrats to all the winners. Also, congrats to Maurice Griffin, I hope you like the suppressor you picked up off the prize table.

I very much am looking forward to the next event.

Re: FREE Mesquite Creek Rifle Match, TX ***PICS UP***

I shot in the MCR match this past weekend. This was my first match of this nature and style. Adam and Bob, along with the folks they had working to help them, made this a very special day. The mix of experienced, newer shooters and first timers allowed this to fun and very informative. My hats off to Adam and crew for putting on a wonderful shoot and a gathering place for hosting a bunch of great guy and gals. Thanks for allowing me to join in.. Dave

I shot my first match here. Great people, great host, great sponsors and fab prizes. Wonderful event

Hey I was just wondering who all got boned on the special room rate at the Executive Inn. Would you shoot me a PM if you did not get the special room rate for the match. I'm going to have a little talk with the manager about what I think of him renigging on the deal after I send him 25+ people to stay at his motel....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lucks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey I was just wondering who all got boned on the special room rate at the Executive Inn. Would you shoot me a PM if you did not get the special room rate for the match. I'm going to have a little talk with the manager about what I think of him renigging on the deal after I send him 25+ people to stay at his motel.... </div></div>

What was the special rate?

40 for a single and 48 for a double. We had to get after him a bit and a call to the owner/ manager and they finally gave it to us.

I thought he possibly might of had a mental handicap. I let it slide. It's not like I could of knocked out any of his teeth...he didn't have any.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ninja Pirtle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought he possibly might of had a mental handicap. I let it slide. It's not like I could of knocked out any of his teeth...he didn't have any. </div></div>

LOL!

yeah I think we paid the 56 as well...