• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

French FRF2 Sniper rifle

it is simply a rest designed as part of the handguard.
252489426_2436842806468856_1332143544305134779_n.jpg
I see. The lighting is playing tricks on my eyes and makes it look just like a long Arca plate which hurts like hell if one needs to carry a rifle for any distance. Due to the rifle’s age, I knew it couldn’t be an Arca plate. Mystery solved. Thx!

Reactions: ZG47A
I have the technical manual on the MAS 59/56 and the technical manual for the transformation of the Mas 49/56 into MSE French langage.

The MSE stock new can be found for sale in France at 300 € new

Reactions: ZG47A and canman
It is a pity these rifles in the USA are ~$6k for a good example.

Or maybe it’s a good thing, or I’d have at least two more guns and I don’t have room!

Scrome is looking for a distributor to sell the Scrome J8 reticule F1 scope for the United States

the SCROME company will soon sell J8 reticule F1 glasses, in your opinion there will be people who will interessted to buy in the United States, how many FRF2 are there in the United States ?

I heard, I don't know say it's true that, last year there are 1200 FRF2s bought by Navy Arms’ there are about six hundred FRF2s sold, there F2 sell haven’t scope and not scope mount

Last edited:
Reactions: Levallois
in reality I do not know why there is a place to put the cartridge, I did not find in the archive documents the reasons for the place of this cartridge
Most likely to accommodate a drill round for practice. Percussion rifles were sometimes fitted with an actual snap cap, which also served to keep water out of the channel to the chamber and was attached to the rifle via what we now call bath plug chain. I have occasionally taken my own demonstration/drill rounds into the bush and to a live-firing range for dry-firing practice. I create them by seating a bullet in an empty resized case, drilling through the case with a 3mm bit (as per NZ Mountain Safety Council requirements from my 16 plus years as an NZMSC Firearms Instructor) smoothing off the holes and filling the primer pocket with either excess timber epoxy from a concurrent task or Araldite (cyanoacrylate). The timber epoxy is easier to use because it is less runny.

Last edited:
Reactions: Levallois
I have a Nightforce NXS which is correct for the Air Force used FrF2's. I put a Zeiss 1.5x6 on it for daily use. I have a S&B ALLJagd 6x42 which has the wrong reticle.

Nightforce NXS
dscn5307-jpg.7828851

Zeiss 1.5x6View attachment 7870753View attachment 7870754

S&B LLJagd 6x42
View attachment 7870751View attachment 7870755
G'day mate, with your night-force optic, are you running an original scope mount? Or a pic rail underneath? Because the F2 I've bought from the US comes with a pic rail too, but I also bought an original mount with both 30mm and 1 inch rings. Would the night-force optic mould well with an original scope mount? or should I look at buying a set of rings with it? What rings do you have on it in the original photo?

Reactions: Ricardo28
hello,

are you in Australia? how much did you pay for your F2 in Australia? I am from France, I know the FR F2 very well, I send you the photos of the different assembly that can be put on the FR F2, you can put the photos of you have the scope mount and the ring scope base picartiny or ring scope with base stanag for the original frf2 scope mount, that you have for I see and to explain to you better to your question

EC9FF1BA-097A-486A-A14C-CBC4CEA361D1.jpeg
EA9BAA1D-2CC9-47E2-81D5-DD0D67DF5B0F.jpeg
This is the original scope mount for frf2 and the the ring scope booth 30 mm, A R M S ring stanag, use the French air force with the scope Night force mildot 3-16x50

C70E9366-8625-4F75-82A6-1318AFC46944.jpeg
And this not original scope mount rail picartiny monobloc, in France sell 450 €

With this scope mount you cant put the scope. Ring base picartiny or the scope ring base stanag

hello,

are you in Australia? how much did you pay for your F2 in Australia? I am from France, I know the FR F2 very well, I send you the photos of the different assembly that can be put on the FR F2, you can put the photos of you have the scope mount and the ring scope base picartiny or ring scope with base stanag for the original frf2 scope mount, that you have for I see and to explain to you better to your question
I paid about $14,500 (Australian dollars) for just the rifle from Navy Arms in the USA. They included a pic rail with it but I also bought an original scope mount with both 1 inch and 30mm rings for an additional $1,100 (Australian Dollars) Unfortunately I'm still awaiting delivery of the rifle and all the necessary paperwork (The myths are true, firearms are over-regulated here in OZ) so it will be some time before I can provide photos.

if you have the seller pics on a stock scope mount with 1 inch 30mm rings for $1100 I'm interested to see what the rings are like

Reactions: G1996
if you have the seller pics on a stock scope mount with 1 inch 30mm rings for $1100 I'm interested to see what the rings are like
I'll have to do some digging, they were advertised on gunbroker, So I don't know if the link would still work.

This ring hight part is for scope APX 806, you can put a scope 30 mm, the ideal ring 30 mm for this base scope is the ring scope STANAG A.R.M.S 21 (100 us dollars)

This ring hight part is for scope APX 806, you can put a scope 30 mm, the ideal ring 30 mm for this base scope is the ring scope STANAG A.R.M.S 21 (100 us dollars)
I know these rings are for the original APX scope, but I'm having no luck finding the STANAG A.R.M.S 21 here in Australia or online. Surely I can use any 30mm scope with the original rings? Currently looking at 2 different NightForce optics for my F2. The NXS 8-32x56, which is $3,000AUD and the NXS 2.5-10x42 which is about $2,500AUD.

191C9250-3718-495F-BD8B-26D171997B30.jpeg
if not i have this scope ring base stanag for base mount of frf2, made in Germany, if you want i can send you

My nostalgia for working with the French Special Operations Forces finally got the best of me and I picked up an FRF2 sniper rifle. I have a correct APX 806 scope for it but am keeping it on my MSE clone. It turns out that the French used a number of different scopes on it throughout all branches of their military and Gendarmerie. The Nightforce NXS was used by the Air Force so I slapped one of those on until my Schmidt and Bender 6x42, as used by the Naval Commando's, arrives from Germany.

View attachment 7828851
View attachment 7828853

View attachment 7828855

View attachment 7828856

Carrying on the French Airborne tradition, French Parachutist number 525501 serial numbered wings.
View attachment 7828852

French L'ecole de Aeroportee
View attachment 7828866
French C-160 Transall. Red bunny helmet is a French HALO jumberView attachment 7828860

Inside the French C-160 during jump. Practice retrieving a towed jumper.
View attachment 7828862

The FR-F2 is an upgrade from the earlier FR F1 sniper rifle. The rifle barrel is thermally shielded along a considerable part of the barrel by a polymer shroud. The barrel is free floated and is equipped with a flash hider.[3] It uses a different bipod-stock configuration from its predecessor, which is built just ahead of the receiver. GIAT studies lead to a new three groove conical barrel. Tapering the barrel from the throat area up to the first 100 mm of the barrel and at the muzzle end reduced barrel wear caused by propellant gasses passing the projectile in the bore.
The rifle's manual safety is located at the rear of the trigger.[3]
It uses 7.62×51mm NATO ammunition and is equipped with a telescopic sight.[3] French army standard issue is either an APX L806, with a bullet drop compensation calibrated for 7.62×51mm NATO ammunition from 100 to 800 m in 100 m increments, or SCROME J8 (Army) or Nightforce NXS (Air force) or Schmidt & Bender 6×42 mil-dot (Navy). Backup sights on top of the barrel shroud are standard on each F2 rifle.[3]
The rifle is also issued as part of the FÉLIN infantry combat system outfitted with a SAGEM Sword Sniper 3-in-1 optic, which serves as a telescopic sight, thermal weapon sight, and laser rangefinder. The FR F2 utilizes the same basic bolt design as the older MAS-36 infantry rifle. The MAS-36 bolt action was however extensively modified and strengthened to reduce accuracy-inhibiting flex in the FR F1 and FR F2.

My nostalgia for working with the French Special Operations Forces finally got the best of me and I picked up an FRF2 sniper rifle. I have a correct APX 806 scope for it but am keeping it on my MSE clone. It turns out that the French used a number of different scopes on it throughout all branches of their military and Gendarmerie. The Nightforce NXS was used by the Air Force so I slapped one of those on until my Schmidt and Bender 6x42, as used by the Naval Commando's, arrives from Germany.

View attachment 7828851
View attachment 7828853

View attachment 7828855

View attachment 7828856

Carrying on the French Airborne tradition, French Parachutist number 525501 serial numbered wings.
View attachment 7828852

French L'ecole de Aeroportee
View attachment 7828866
French C-160 Transall. Red bunny helmet is a French HALO jumberView attachment 7828860

Inside the French C-160 during jump. Practice retrieving a towed jumper.
View attachment 7828862

The FR-F2 is an upgrade from the earlier FR F1 sniper rifle. The rifle barrel is thermally shielded along a considerable part of the barrel by a polymer shroud. The barrel is free floated and is equipped with a flash hider.[3] It uses a different bipod-stock configuration from its predecessor, which is built just ahead of the receiver. GIAT studies lead to a new three groove conical barrel. Tapering the barrel from the throat area up to the first 100 mm of the barrel and at the muzzle end reduced barrel wear caused by propellant gasses passing the projectile in the bore.
The rifle's manual safety is located at the rear of the trigger.[3]
It uses 7.62×51mm NATO ammunition and is equipped with a telescopic sight.[3] French army standard issue is either an APX L806, with a bullet drop compensation calibrated for 7.62×51mm NATO ammunition from 100 to 800 m in 100 m increments, or SCROME J8 (Army) or Nightforce NXS (Air force) or Schmidt & Bender 6×42 mil-dot (Navy). Backup sights on top of the barrel shroud are standard on each F2 rifle.[3]
The rifle is also issued as part of the FÉLIN infantry combat system outfitted with a SAGEM Sword Sniper 3-in-1 optic, which serves as a telescopic sight, thermal weapon sight, and laser rangefinder. The FR F2 utilizes the same basic bolt design as the older MAS-36 infantry rifle. The MAS-36 bolt action was however extensively modified and strengthened to reduce accuracy-inhibiting flex in the FR F1 and FR F2.
Gday mate, So I finally managed to find some STANAG rings, MDT ones here in Australia. How high are the ones on the 8-32x56? Just so I don't buy ones that are too high or too low. cheers

With the scope 8-32x56 You dors used the ring stanag minimum high 15 millimeter or The PGM scope ring stanag high 19 millimeter, the ARMS 21 stanag ring Orly high 9 millimeter it's low the scope will to touch the bipod

for the scope 8-32x56 You dies used ring high 15 millimeter minimu if not the scope will et touch the bipod

Reactions: G1996
Put one of these on layaway. Got a Schmidt Bender 6x42 (but with A7 reticle) to put on it. I am a little worried about the height of the scope mount with the picatiny rail that comes with the rifle. Does anyone know the height of this mount. Thanks!

Ricardo,
I do not have the rifle yet. When I finally pay it off, I will post photos. Thank you for replying.

CD5C223B-D018-48AA-AC8E-7CA085AACFE1.jpeg
BE5B5017-60A5-4BD4-A51B-7EEDFD420060.jpeg

If your scope base is this you can put a stanag rail picartiny and scope ring Classic low