• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

French FRF2 Sniper rifle

Thanks Ricardo - I will check it all out when I get the rifle - I need to sell some stuff at the next auction to speed this layaway process up. Tube is 30mm.

No idea what the range of price is on these From used to new. I think they might be pretty rare In the US.

in France a schmidt bender 6-42 reticul a4 or a7 tube 1" or 30 millimeters 300 to 350 or 400 €

an sb 12 - 50 in pes 500 to 600 € reticule a4 or a 7

shipping costs for the United States within 50 €

IMG_0551.JPG
IMG_0552.JPG
This scope at 450 euros
Tube 26 millimeter

The SB 4x42 it's very rarely, il they have one very expansive to 700 at 1300 euros if have one

you know the rules for importing scope in the United States, if you buy a new schmidt bender in France at 2500 € do you need an import authorization, and as it works there is a customs tax in the US, how much do you have to pay taxes?

in the united states, do you have the right to buy glasses directly from the manufacturer, which is in france or in europe, for a value of more than €2,500?

I think it is all very complicated to buy a scope from over there unless it’s through eBay or something like that. The 4x Schmidt is nice but I was referring to the mythical 6x42 Schmidt that was supposedly issued with the FRF2 to French Navy Commandos. I don’t know where this information comes from.

Graphic compliment but I get it. Haven’t seen this movie but put it on the watch list. Thanks!

For You it is more easy to use the scope use by commando French air force
He use the nightforce scope mildot with the ARMS 21 stanag ring scope 30 millimeter

if not you wait a little, soon Scrome will restart the production of J8 with f1 military reticle

Last edited:
Reactions: ZG47A
Ricardo,
Lots of great info! Thanks! Makes me wish I had taken French in school instead of Spanish. I will use my Schmidt Bender until Scrome brings out their civilian J8 in the Fall, then decide if it is worth the cost. Interestingly, I think my scope has the 1.5-6x42 reticle as shown in your book above.
John

Reactions: ZG47A
Any idea where to find that style of pic rail to go onto the original scope mount? Because I dont have an original APX scope yet I dont think i'll use the rings that came with it.

if you can't find one in the united states, you can buy in France it costs 15 € and you have to take into account 15 € for postage, but if you have an original base it's better to use stanag s rings a stag 30 millimeters, ARMS 21 or this stanag ring

They have here in France. https://www.espfrance.com/product.php?id_product=3160

If You have probem a can buy for you in France

Last edited:
if you can't find one in the united states, you can buy in France it costs 15 € and you have to take into account 15 € for postage, but if you have an original base it's better to use stanag s rings a stag 30 millimeters, ARMS 21 or this stanag ring

They have here in France. https://www.espfrance.com/product.php?id_product=3160

If You have probem a can buy for you in France
So that original base does not need another rail on top to mount STANAG rings? I just don't know if I need that rail or not.

I enjoyed the movie, it did take considerable artistic license with the facts though.
I see what you mean. I didn’t read about the incident this movie was based on before I watched it. I wonder why they didn’t stick with the facts - the truth seemed compelling enough?

about the GIGN operation in Djibouti, the gign had carried out the shooting at 183 meters.

in the film, these are not real frf1s, the filmmaker did not manage to find real frf1s to rent or borrow from the army, so he asked a gunsmith to make a rifle that looks like a Frf1, he took a mas 36 and put the butt, the barrel and the FRF1 bipod, and also put a flash hider so it looks like a frf1

View attachment 7927631View attachment 7927633View attachment 7927641View attachment 7927643Whith this original frf2 scoop mount you Cant put directly on the stanag ring 30 millimétré tube
Awesome! Cheers mate I appreciate it, I just was not sure of the layout due to me not having my original mount and APX rings here yet. Looks like I might be using the original rings with the NightForce optic. Any idea how tall new rings would have to be to avoid hitting the bipod?

for a scope of diameter ...-...x40 or 42 millimètres for ...-...x52 the height BH 8 millimeters is good

for a scope ...-...x56 the height BH from 12 millimeters

for a bezel of diameter ...-...x40 to ...-...x52 the height BH 8 millimeters is good

for a bezel ...-...x56 the height BH from 12 millimeters,

can you put the photo of your glasses and the rings ?

image.jpg

Last edited:
for a scope of diameter ...-...x40 to ...-...x52 the height BH 8 millimeters is good

for a scope ...-...x56 the height BH from 12 millimeters,View attachment 7928209

can you put the photo of your scope and the rings?
Unfortunately I do not have the scope or the rings yet, Still trying to work out what ones to buy for the 8-32x56. I did message the original poster directly but am yet to get a response.