• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

French FRF2 Sniper rifle

yes You does use the stanag ring minimum 12 millimeter Hight BH 12 millimeter minimum.

I have one I don't use now

yes You does use the stanag ring minimum 12 millimeter Hight BH 12 millimeter minimum.

I have one I don't use now
I have sent you a few messages privately to discuss rings, that picatinny mount and your F2. :) Saves everyone having to read through our discussion.

My FRF2 rifle will here next Thursday!! Man, I am pumped about this purchase!! i’ve got some GGG, Australian, Federal, and Winchester 7.62x51. Any of you guys have other ammo recommendations based on what your rifles are shooting accurately? Thanks!

IMG_0395.JPG

Hello Levalloi

what do you use for GGG cartridges? 147 grain bullets? 155 grain Hpbt match sierra? bullets 168 grains 168 earnings Nolser Hpbt match?

the best Ggg cartridge for the frf2 are 155 hpbt'match sierra cartridges, speeds 840 meter second good balistique to fire at 900 meter , otherwise ggg bullets macht 168 grains, speed 795 m/s to 805 m/s good for médium distance 600 meters.

my shooting cardrige reloading with reloading bullet lapua 167 grains speeds 800 meter second, distance 300 meters

Reloading it's only for me I don't responsability
Bullet lapua 167 grains, amorce Br2
Vithanouri N140 43.7 to 44,7 grains, I used 44,7 grains
All long cardrige 73,20 millimeter, I don't put in the magazine because it's long, only put directly in the chamber
With 44,7 grains N140, speed 800, 805 meter seconde

Last edited:
Richard,
the ammo I currently have on hand is all military ball -
GGG 147gr
Aussie 146gr
Winch 147gr
Federal 149gr

I don’t have anything with heavier bullets except I found two boxes of Hornady at 165 gr BTSP but these are hunting rounds. Thank you for your recommendations. I‘ll have to buy a few boxes of these other cartridges before I go to the range. And nice shooting!
Best,
John

Last edited:
the frf2 cartridges that the french army have are 147 grain cartridges, it is not very precise. at the moment in france there are no more lapua and sierra bullets so i shoot with cheap bullets but it is not precise.

I am looking for an A.r.m.s. 21 for a friend, and the rail stanag A.R'M'S. 6 ? do you find any in the United States? in France I can't find

Reactions: G1996
41BBB4CB-E7A7-4D93-A0E9-B1BC191E5C5A.jpeg

24834E2F-14C7-42BC-AB09-9E92E5A0B9C0.jpeg

No good it's le the case for FR-F2 B at competition sport

Attachments

• 68027981-504B-4830-85D9-F4348ACE406E.jpeg
    68027981-504B-4830-85D9-F4348ACE406E.jpeg
    17.1 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Reactions: G1996
in France we have GGG, me and other frf2 shooter we tested for that we know a little. there are a few Federal cartridges in France, but it's quite expensive. I don't know the other brands. with the other weapons there are no precision problems, but with the Frf2 me and some friends including Mag dog, it took a long time to find the right cartridges, and reloading for the Fr f2. I'm not telling you here, but I have almost a year to adjust the flame hider with the right cartridge.

@Levallois, maybe your cartridges are very good you have to test to see what happens

Last edited:
I am looking for an A.r.m.s. 21 for a friend, and the rail stanag A.R'M'S. 6 ? do you find any in the United States? in France I can't find
Scarce on the ground here too. I got my set off ebay from a company called Mounting Solutions but their website shows they are out of stock and Ebay does not have any listed.

My plan is to test as many cartridges as I can.

in France, arms21 necklaces have not been found for several years either.
there are still stanag collars in france and germany from mastsie PGM and EIS at the beginning of the year I managed to find the eaw manufacture special stang collars for GIGN from 1980, very rare collars.

for the cartridges, yes test the maximum. you put the photos of your shots

………at the beginning of the year I managed to find the eaw manufacture special stang collars for GIGN from 1980, very rare collars.

for the cartridges, yes test the maximum. you put the photos of your shots

could you please post photos of the rare GIGN rings? It would be interesting to see them.

It will be a few weeks until I go to the range as it is still hotter than hades around here, and, yes, I will post photos of the various groups by cartridge brand, ……….no matter how embarrassing……..

Can you give an estimate of the number of people who might be interested in buying Scrome J8 F1 in the US?

I would say about thirty people

in your opinion, how many frf2 are sold in the united states?
50?
100?
I have no idea. There is a lot of interest but the price scares people away. It is too bad Navy Arms is so secretive about the sales of the rifles. For what it is worth, I would be interested in a J8 scope.

Last edited:
50CB25A6-362E-4D91-A8B9-EB9A29218FF5.jpeg
I got it my rifle and it’s cool as a jewel!! I apologize for the lousy photo but a photographer I am not. It’s got a Schmidt Bender 6x42 scope with the A7 reticle. All I had.

Pictured with a French camo shirt and Boonie hat as well as ammo. I was able to find some Lapua 167gr loaded cartridges. I also found 300 Lapua bullets - 167gr - for when I start reloading this caliber.

This was Scrome's announcement for pre-orders of a limited run of J8s:

Sent them my interest, even from all the way over here in Australia! Even if 3,000 Euro is about $4,500AUD I think it would be worth it.

I created a special Frf2 shooting book coupled with the SCROME J8 scope, with ballistic calculation, wind temperature, altitude, atmospheric pressure, corresponds to the cartridges used
, 147 grains, 155 grains, 168 grains and 175 grains and the settings of this scope

Last edited:
when the 1200 Frf2 are sold, the gunsmith in France knows that in the 1200 f2 there are many barrels are worn, a barrel frf 2 loses 90% of its precision at 12000 cartridges fired, a barrel frf2 can go up to 20,000.
The gunsmith in France has already thought of finding last year to find a barrel manufacturer who can redo the barrel identically to the original GIAT 3 three Twiss barrel. In France there are several manufacturers who manufacture the barrel for Frf2, The gunsmith Salva has some match barrel brand Lothar Walter has 3 twisss, like the original barrel, but these barrels from Salva to send to the United States c It's very complicated you need export authorization, Import, very complicated.
The gunssmith who imported these 1200 f2s in the United States, he knows that in these 1200 f2s there are a lot of barrels that are worn and need to be changed, and he has found a manufacturer in canada who can redo the barrels for FRF2 identically. Normal these guns are already made in Canada and will be delivered to the United States already, for you it is easier, you do not need to make an import request. Ask OWS or Navy'arms if they have these Barrel

Reactions: ZG47A
when the 1200 Frf2 are sold, the gunsmith in France knows that in the 1200 f2 there are many barrels are worn, a barrel frf 2 loses 90% of its precision at 12000 cartridges fired, a barrel frf2 can go up to 20,000.
The gunsmith in France has already thought of finding last year to find a barrel manufacturer who can redo the barrel identically to the original GIAT 3 three Twiss barrel. In France there are several manufacturers who manufacture the barrel for Frf2, The gunsmith Salva has some match barrel brand Lothar Walter has 3 twisss, like the original barrel, but these barrels from Salva to send to the United States c It's very complicated you need export authorization, Import, very complicated.
The gunssmith who imported these 1200 f2s in the United States, he knows that in these 1200 f2s there are a lot of barrels that are worn and need to be changed, and he has found a manufacturer in canada who can redo the barrels for FRF2 identically. Normal these guns are already made in Canada and will be delivered to the United States already, for you it is easier, you do not need to make an import request. Ask OWS or Navy'arms if they have these Barrel

My barrel is clean and has visible rifling but I do not have the expertise to determine how worn it is. I tried to photograph it without success. Does someone have a photo of what an acceptable GIAT 3 twist FRF2 barrel should look like? I guess shooting it would demonstrate whether it was still accurate or not but the weather here is not cooperating.

Hello Levallois,

to know if the barrel is good, of course there are gauges, and measurements indicated the dimensions, gauges, measurements in the book of the army the MAT 11084 manual of repair of the rifle frf2.

if not the easiest, see make test shots with supported shooting distance 200 meters, on 10 cartridges you must not exceed 6 cm in diameter, that class, the weapon is precision. And 40 centimeter and 600 meter the barel is good for precision

if on 200 meters the grouping of the 10 cartridges exceeds 12 centimeters diameter the barel is ruined.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZG47A
you can put the photos of your shots on target and the distance to see your grouping with your weapons please, shot on support

the photos shot only 50 meters today, to give you an idea a group shot series of 10 cartridges, Frf2.
can you show the photos of your shots with FRF2 screws?

4E25C7EB-98DF-4F0C-891D-5043242C47EE.jpeg
D8DB2B01-C28B-4051-876C-E10B499F24A5.jpeg
62A2B482-A9DA-4B90-8720-722223B898A3.jpeg

Reactions: ZG47A and BMont
I will post my results after I get to the range. Probably be about a month from now when it cools down. Best photo I can get of the rifling in my rifle from the muzzle. Looks ok to my untrained eyes. I realize that the groups I shoot will tell the tale.

1661718646096.jpeg

for me my stripes are still good, after it is necessary the grouping of the balls on target

This thread was dangerous! Pulled the trigger on a FRF2 from EuroOptic. Could not be happier with its condition, matching numbers and accessories. Thank you Ricardo for the diagrams!
longebow

Attachments

• FRF2 Disassembled.jpg
    FRF2 Disassembled.jpg
    485.3 KB · Views: 94
  • Love
Reactions: ZG47A and BMont