• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Frisbee Golf wind flag source?

Dobermann

Regular Guy
Minuteman
May 28, 2020
Neverland
www.snipershide.com
Does anyone have a source for the Frisbee Golf wind flags that Frank mentioned in the spotting / million downloads episode (ep. 238, 14 March 2020)?

My Google-fu seems to be weak today, and I didn't turn anything up.

Last edited:
lol

Last edited:
Reactions: camocorvette
If trying to get wind speeds past about 5 MPH, cheapo 3-4 section wind socks are probably a better idea, 5 Knots per section. Like anything made in china they won't last long, but are cheap enough to be considered disposable/consumable.

Reactions: camocorvette
Thanks guys ... was hoping to find some like @lowlight mentions:

1632345667853.png

I would be interested in a couple if he ever comes through.
These flags were made to run on a special pole, to facilitate turning in the wind. A slight design change may be needed if the poles are hard to find.
About any upholstery repair shop should be able to construct simple wind flags, most have all kinds of materials from nylon to vinyl. Just figure a suitable mounting system and then figure out wind speed indicators of the flag itself. Some of my "homemade" flags worked good, the best material was vinyl for boat seats.. WY winds shredded any material in under 8 mos if left in place. The only thing I have ever saw that lasts are airport wind socks, talking some coin here.

They usually have a variety of materials like nylon or vinyl that could work well. I've even made some homemade flags myself, and found vinyl, especially the type used for boat seats, to be pretty durable. However, if you want something that lasts longer, airport wind socks might be worth the investment, although they can be a bit pricey. Also, here's an interesting link I found about training for peak performance in Ultimate Frisbee https://playultimatefrisbee.com/the-ultimate-frisbee-workout-how-to-train-your-body-for-peak-performance-on-the-field.

Last edited:
I have been making these for just over a year now, not exactly frisbee golf flags but lightweight and portable: