• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft From the ground up ghillie

SIERRAWHISKEY

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2006
PANAMA CITY FL.
I built this suit from the ground up,

It took 2 1/2 yards of woodland MARPAT,1 yard of 1000d OD Cordura,3 YKK zippers and knotless netting.

I used a set of old BDU's for the templet to cut the new material.The suit was double stitched with #69 thread and in some places edge binding tape was used.

DSC01451.jpg

DSC01438.jpg

DSC01436.jpg

DSC01435.jpg

DSC01437.jpg

DSC01434.jpg

The zippers are 2way and can be use to add ventalation to the arm pits,or open the sides of the suit for a quick dawn.
DSC01439.jpg

DSC01440.jpg

The hood is my own custom build,it secures to a boonie with hook and loop and can be shifted on the boonie to ride forward or back.
DSC01443.jpg

DSC01448.jpg

Re: From the ground up ghillie

Excellent work!Interested!What is the retail?

Excellent and well thought out.. Also interested PRICE PLEASE!!

Can you do the same thing in a Multicam base?

I will be sending a pm for price!

That's what I call taking a ghillie to the next level. Excellent innovation and workmanship to say the least.

LP

Reactions: Jay Puckett

Excellent workmanship.One thing I might add from experience though...Perhaps substitute the hook & loop sleeves for a draw string type.Nothing worse than trying to clean those out,and they are noisy.

Just my .02 YMMV

Again,great looking work!

The back of he pants may lack enough jute once hand-tied in because of OD cordura

I have never seen chest protection like this…good work, good craftsmanship.

I have a Realtree Ghillie customized new suit I’m selling at gunbroker and I know all about details + how best materials make durable ghillies.

With the type of netting used, both fabric & jute (string) should be hand-tied in to save time and materials
Looks great!!

If you leave the jute long over the butt it will cover that open space where the cordura is.Also having the jute long on the bottom of the top will cover the butt area.

Several months ago I realized that I do not have the time to build another ghillie, so I began studying the builders available, plus discussing with friends.

After looking and listening I contacted Scott for a full build and thought the price was great considering all of the innovation he builds into his suits. He covered about every problem area I knew of.

The end result is --- Hoorah, mine is almost done !!!!!

Maybe Scott can post a few pics of it, when it is all finished out.

Sorry guys, just had to rub it in,
LP

You have made one of the best foundation for a suite i have ever seen. Without a good foundation we all know what can happen. pm me with a price if you would please sir. MM

To All,

I have built a few suits for myself and my last went to a friend who needed it. I've had a few callouts that I should have suited up for but I haven't had the time to build a new one (last one took 6 months). So, I started talking to friends and investigating who made a real good suit. Most advised call Scott or make your own.

I called Scott a while back and we talked about what I wanted. Well, fellas the suit arrived and all I can say is: Incredible, I couldn't build anything even half this good, no matter how much time I had.

The innovation (I've seen the pics of the base) believe me is way above what is shown. The hood system being closer to the head removes shadowing, the suit is a fast donning type that includes silent zips for venting and donning. Built in vents in places that are just plain smart. Add this to a suit that is built like a friggin tank with reinforcements that were exactly where I've busted my suits and netting that is tight to the suit. What a piece of work.

Anyone of you that is considering a suit, trust me when I say, you can't build a suit like this for twice the money yourself.

Dang thing looks so pretty, I may wear it out on the town before I do my pig rolls !!! Second thought, maybe NOT. I don't like getting hit on by HAIRY women.

One happy customer,
LP

Very nice! The only thing I would add is an opening so I can get to my shoulder holstered pistol in an emergency. I always wore my .45 under my ghillie to keep it clean and out of the way while stalking.

I really think you need to learn how to sew SW... Seriously, what is this awesome rubbish?
laugh.gif

That's awesome! What dye was usedm Rit Dye? I like the colors!

I just remember I called him a few months ago, I recall him saying he used Rit Dye, looks great, the burlap pattern just seems perfect.

Rit dye it is,I use dark green and dark brown with 100 degree water.You need to tend your 5 gal. bucket or the jute will come out to dark.

+1 for Terra Firma Ghillie

Scott, Can't wait for mine. If you haven't seen one of his suits in person your really missing out. The quality is excellent!

man those look great. I been thinkin one of those would be awesome for timber hunting ducks in the buck brush. Would only need a jacket with ebbing on the front though cause water is usually around waist deep. And back is against a tree. Can you do this? Have birthday comin up and might get the wife to go for it. Can you pm a price if so. Thanks for your time

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bmorgan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you haven't seen one of his suits in person your really missing out. The quality is excellent! </div></div>

Got one on order brother....cant wait.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hibc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How much time did you put into that one? </div></div>

Cutting out all the fabric and stitching it all up,about 9 hrs....