• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Front rest advice

Dkindels

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 25, 2013
South Dakota
I have been looking around a lot lately and figured I would just poll the audience to get some thoughts on front rests. I am not looking to spend the money to get a Farley. That said, I dont want to spend money and be sorry later. Was contemplating the shadetree top with a separate base (bald eagle vs Hart vs Caldwell). Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated.

Need more info like the type of rifle and what type of shooting you plan on doing. While a Farley is a good bench only rest, that same rest would not be practical in other disciplines.

Look into some if Sinclair Intl. Rests they make a good product or look into Harts rests they to make a good product. Don't buy some cheap Caldwell spend money right the first time.

sent from my RAZR Maxx HD using Tapatalk 2

This rest mainly will be used for load development of hunting/tactical rifles. Thus no desire to spend a ton of money. Just want to save time at the range while developing loads.

I just bought the bald eagle rest two months ago and I have no regrets with it.I have a 300 Rum on a T5a manners stock and I bought the SEB Bigfoot rear bag.I am very happy with this setup.

Currently evaluating my Caldwell Fire Control 'joystick' rest. It's not such a revolutionary 'game changer', but it has potential. Like any other rest, I will need to learn how to use it most effectively; and the 'joystick' feature has not yet proved whether it is a significant benefit or just marketing flummery. As said, it has potential, and the only defective feature could well be its operator.

Greg