• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FUN SHOOT AT RAYS IN VA

Re: FUN SHOOT AT RAYS IN VA

Good Morning Guys and Gals,

We're up to five on the garage build. Could probably use another five. How does a weekend in June sound? I've got a generator that is big enough to handle most power tools we'll need. Ray, if you have your bucket truck up there we'd be good to go.

Chris

I have every weekend off that month except the 26th. So I am game.

John

i still havent recovered my daypack with ammo. if anyone found this in thier stuff when they unpacked.please contact me and return it asap. im still hoping it was a accident, but i guess im just wishful thinking. Hey guys thanks for offering to come up and help, ill have to see what my schedule holds for that month. thanks Ray Dawson

Ray
Im sorry to hear about your pack I was up with you at the ELR range but im checking with randy john and cisco with WV state police who stayed down on the bottom to see if they remember anything. Thanks for you hospitality I havent had that much fun since pigs ate my sister lol

Ive talked to john he didnt see anything he was to busy trying to hit a target any target,although i have confirmed that he did hit the hillside. Way to hang in there john.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gumball</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ray
Im sorry to hear about your pack I was up with you at the ELR range but im checking with randy john and cisco with WV state police who stayed down on the bottom to see if they remember anything. Thanks for you hospitality I havent had that much fun since pigs ate my sister lol
</div></div>

We've got 7 folks to help. Lets plan for a weekend in early June. I'll start floating dates in late april after Blacksmith and I get back from OK.

I am all for helping Ray if its not on June 12. Thats the weekend Diane and I are getting married and thats all Rays fault. He and Sherry were the ones that fixed me up with Diane. I can't thank them enough for that and Ray has to be at the wedding so he can't do it that weekend.

I maybe able to work on the barn the 1st weekend of June. Let me know what everyone desides. Hope to get together with everyone again soon.

Clark K

Hey about the weekend before that so I can be there! That would work well for me and Clark. I sure hope I can make it Ray.

the weekend before that i already have a prior engagement. Arne if you want to come up and shoot or just hang outlet me know when, and brign ryan with you. Ray

Hey guys yesterday i went over to the 1700+ yard
ridge to check hits with a new rifle im testing and evaulating. I decided to pick up the 6 inch tall cans of beans i had put out for the fun shoot. the first can i picked up i noticed a rotten smell i looked at the can and low and behold there was a bullet hole in it with exit hole. The cans were looked at as we walked by at about ten yards but didnt see any exploded cans like on shooter, so we didnt look any closer. The bullet hole was 3/8" up from the bottom of the can. This can was the one i was shooting at. Not sure who ealse tried a shot at a can or not, but im sure jon and clark will try to lay claim to it LOL. i dug around with a wind flag stake but couldnt find a bullet but i will take an entrenching tool over ther after ASC this weekend and recover the bullet and weigh it as well as measure it. Im sending Pics to bench duck to post for me i measured the hole .338" and placed a 300gr.matchking in the hole for pics. Ill keep you updated on what i find out. Thanks Ray.

I also sent pics of the work ive been doing on the new parking area and more shooter friendly firing line ive raised the front a good 4 feet so you dont have to lay downhill any more when shooting prone. Im cutting the hump off to the right when you top out at the barn and making lots more parking too. Thanks Ray

Some pic are posted on Photo Gallery

Ray: The opportunity to shoot at your place and the hospitality you have demonstrated is extraordinary and appreciated by myself and many others. Thanks again. SR

Your very welcome <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: apache308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ray: The opportunity to shoot at your place and the hospitality you have demonstrated is extraordinary and appreciated by myself and many others. Thanks again. SR </div></div>

I would like to thank Pete Ricci and Chris Vuxton for the pack they sent me. it was not necessary but i greatly appreciate it. In the 2 years ive had the property i had never came up missing anything except some brass that Jon and Clark made off with, just kidding. But seriously thanks agian i was realy hoping my pack would show up with my ammo, but it has not so i guess it was not a accident. were going to have another fun shoot before to long but the rules are going to change a little so that this hopefully wont happen agian.Im just thankfull it was my bag of ammo and not someones rifle or pistol. Ive been moving alot of dirt and the parking situation as well as the firing line will be more shooter friendly. some parts of the firing line have been raised as much as 7 feet so your not laying downhill shooting up. I started digging on top yesterday widening the firing line up there and its looking pretty good. im going to work on cutting a new road that is not as steep so it will be more friendly to getting gear into the upper shooting area. Ill keep you posted on the future date, and thanks agian for the pack Pete and Chris Its a very nice pack and my name on it was a nice touch, Thanks Ray Dawson.

Hey Ray
Thank You for an oppurutnity to send them Long.
I now have a 300Win Mag so I can up my anti
See You Soon
Pete

Hey Creep, I am the guy that came to one of the funshoot last fall with Benchduck and some guys from Wilkes and then just up with Duck, Tyler and Rodney in the winter. I was newbie with the short barreled Remington 308 with a Mark 4.

Sorry to here about this. I did not make that shoot because I had to work. I think it is great someone got you a new pack.

I was shooting the other week at a range in Wilkes and a guy had a brand new 50 cal. He was attempting to sight it it (the NCStar scope was having some problems on the gun, but to each his own). He asked how much my Mark 4 was and when I told him he was like WELL I got this one for a $100.00, I just responded that was a good deal that I must have got screwed, he was not going to listen so I did not waste my time.

Long story short, when he got done making 8 inch groups at 200 yards I asked him if he reloaded and he said no. He let me have his brass so I got it for you for you letting me come up and play at your place and to ease the pain of getting your stuff jacked. I just wish you lived closer, but then again you would probably get tired of seeing me and lock me out. Looking foward to the next fun shoot.

right on i will gladly take the 50 brass off your hands and put it to good use. youll haved to come back up and shoot brian is comong up tommorow to demo a new rifle if you can get up with him your welcome to come up also. if not ill be having another fun shoot before toolong and you can come to it if it works out. Thanks Ray.

Ray, Sorry about the last post. New computer, fat fingers. Glad you liked the pack. Been off line for a while due to work, etc. Pete and I, as well as a few more folks still want to come down a help. I'm on the road till 6/21. any good weekends after that?

Chris

I'll have to see I'm real busy right now I finished the bar n roof a while back I've been working on a new road up on top I've widned the upper level quite a bit it's probably 4 times wider now and I'm building a new sniper superhighway off it's going to be a lot less steep and should be able to take some trucks and lots more 4 wheelers up there. I've also been building a better parking area and creating more shooter friendly firing line as well as more places to put targets. Hopefully will have things done before to long and have another fun shoot or 2. Thanks ray dawson.

Ray
Was reading some of the posts and it sounds like a fun time. Just wondering when the next shoot might be? Thanks

Ray,

Arnie is coming in this weekend and we were planing on getting up with you to shoot a little. I just got the new USO 5-25 SN3 on the DTA SRS last night and need to sight it in. Hope to send some rds down range with you this weekend. We could let a couple buddys come and hang out with us if you can think of anyone that can put up with you and Jon for a few hrs.

Later pal,
Clark K

Lets do it. I will be down saturday. By the way this thread is getting way too long. Somebody start a new one for gods sake.

Hey , started a new post called VA Shooters under the Tactical Comps since this one is getting long, feel free ot input, tryin to get info on people and places to shoot
Chris " Lil Mann"

hey friends consideing another fun shoot just have alot going on right now will post more later. Ray

Ray,
I would like to come up and shoot when you have another get together. There are several here on the Hide that can vouch for me, including Apache308.
Joe

2500 yards. Jeebus. Anything not quite so long? I wouldn't try to shoot that long unless my boss let me borrow his 50bmg. I only have a 308.

Can anyone attend your shoot? If so what is the longest range, are LRF allowed? If you are shooting out to 2500 meters I assume we can bring .50 or .338LM? Are 2 guns allowed? Jesus I sound like a little kid with so many questions. might as well as if there will be snacks provided.

your welcom to come up. We had a problem with sticky fingers on a rucksack of ammo of mine so next time there will be a few changes to the rules. Thanks ray

we have targets set up from 5 yards out to 2661 and if you back up to the back of my property we can get 3400 yards. Ray

Thats wht i like to hear Ray , ill holler at ya see if anything i can do

i would like to come down and try this.we don't have that far to shoot in charlottesville

$hitt Ray, you waited till it got cold!
You dont happen to have a 20 MOA rail to mount a S&B 5x25 on an AK do you? I plan on gpoing loooong.

Hey Ray- I would really like to attend your next shoot if possible. It would be nice to catch up with some of my ASC buds before April! Thanks for the consideration.

Eric

actually i have 2 of them but dont tell clark because he will want it to kill some more goats that are trying to blackmail him. Ha Ha.

19Scout77 said:
Hey Ray- I would really like to attend your next shoot if possible. It would be nice to catch up with some of my ASC buds before April! Thanks for the consideration.

Eric no problem ill let you know but it looks like it might be awhile i have a lot of things going on right now, and as much as i would like to have my friends down to shoot and catch up its just not possible right now. thanks Ray

will do.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ssatt68</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ray, I would like to pop up to ling some bullets.

Please keep me in the loop on dates
Thanks </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Creep in 2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
19Scout77 said:

Eric no problem ill let you know but it looks like it might be awhile i have a lot of things going on right now, and as much as i would like to have my friends down to shoot and catch up its just not possible right now. thanks Ray </div></div>

Thanks. I'm glad to hear you are keeping busy--if you can send some of that lucky mojo my way!!

Hope to see you at ASC if not before!

E-

Do you have to be a really good shooter to come out to this event? The most I have ever shot to is 100 yards lol. Im sorry, I have never had the opportunity to shoot farther, but would love to. Only problem is that I am fairly new to bolt action rifles and need to do a little more learning/research.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cheepz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you have to be a really good shooter to come out to this event? The most I have ever shot to is 100 yards lol. Im sorry, I have never had the opportunity to shoot farther, but would love to. Only problem is that I am fairly new to bolt action rifles and need to do a little more learning/research. </div></div>

http://www.quanticoshootingclub.com/

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cheepz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you have to be a really good shooter to come out to this event? The most I have ever shot to is 100 yards lol. Im sorry, I have never had the opportunity to shoot farther, but would love to. Only problem is that I am fairly new to bolt action rifles and need to do a little more learning/research. </div></div>no you just have to be safe. There is alot of good info and help floatin around at thease events.

Ray I hope it warms up some when you have it. Hope to be there..