• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

They fused I suspect because at the time the mini’s and the ball’s were pure lead………
Precisely. And slow moving.

But think of the volume of fire that it took for that to happen not once, but several times. And that’s just the bullets they found…

The hornets nest was named for a reason.

Sirhr

Just to throw some figures out there…

Gettysburg took place over 3 days. But really was about 16 hours of fighting. Half the day of July 1. All day July 2. And the morning of July 3 — Picketts Charge and minimal withdrawal skirmishes.

In those roughly 16 hours, 51000 soldiers were killed or wounded. 10k killed. That is 10 per minute killed. That is 40 per minute wounded. Or a casualty per second for 16 hours.

About 170,000 soldiers fought.

10,000 bodies were left in a town of 900
Residents. There was no organized Army Graves Registration or follow-up until 1864.

120 tons of rifled musket ammunition were fired. That is roughly 53 Million rounds. 3.3
Million shots per hour — an average of 20 shots per soldier per hour. (Keeping in mind not all were front line troops… it was much higher for most of the front line combatants.)

Another 309 tons of ammunition were fired by artillery.

No wonder they are still digging up minie’s!

I cannot imagine being on that battlefield.

Sirhr

That's the first thing that came to mind when I saw this thread.

Keith
Tree cut down by minie balls at the Battle of Spotsylvania Courthouse.

Attachments

• 4060.jpg
    4060.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 125
I wonder at what point the order was given “We’re nearly there boys. Direct all fire on that tree over there…”

At a battle in a cornfield near Frederick, md, every stalk of corn was cut off at the ground like it had been harvested.

The volume of fire in those battles was mind blowing. Armies only a few hundred yards apart… lines hundreds of yards long…

Can’t imagine the terror…

At a battle in a cornfield near Frederick, md, every stalk of corn was cut off at the ground like it had been harvested.

The volume of fire in those battles was mind blowing. Armies only a few hundred yards apart… lines hundreds of yards long…

Can’t imagine the terror…
“You herd them Yankees is tryina take are slaves. We’re gonna hafta harvest this here field are own selves…”

Just to throw some figures out there…

Gettysburg took place over 3 days. But really was about 16 hours of fighting. Half the day of July 1. All day July 2. And the morning of July 3 — Picketts Charge and minimal withdrawal skirmishes.

In those roughly 16 hours, 51000 soldiers were killed or wounded. 10k killed. That is 10 per minute killed. That is 40 per minute wounded. Or a casualty per second for 16 hours.

About 170,000 soldiers fought.

10,000 bodies were left in a town of 900
Residents. There was no organized Army Graves Registration or follow-up until 1864.

120 tons of rifled musket ammunition were fired. That is roughly 53 Million rounds. 3.3
Million shots per hour — an average of 20 shots per soldier per hour. (Keeping in mind not all were front line troops… it was much higher for most of the front line combatants.)

Another 309 tons of ammunition were fired by artillery.

No wonder they are still digging up minie’s!

I cannot imagine being on that battlefield.

Sirhr
Having visited that battlefield and museum, I cannot imagine being left for the surgeons. Those tools (instruments) were like medieval.

The Devil's Den, aptly named. Pickett's Charge just reinforces the bravery and insanity. It's amazing and sobering when one thinks about what happened there.

Having visited that battlefield and museum, I cannot imagine being left for the surgeons. Those tools (instruments) were like medieval.

The Devil's Den, aptly named. Pickett's Charge just reinforces the bravery and insanity. It's amazing and sobering when one thinks about what happened there.
I have been there a few times on the July 4 anniversary and it is absolutely haunting. People who seem to be chomping at the bit to “get this party started” have no idea what it could be like. Read Selco and his writing on Bosnia.