• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

IMG_4756.jpeg

I have no idea what that thing is. I don't think I've ever seen one before. It was climbing down a slide at a playground.
Best to avoid Assassin bugs...

Bites from wheel bugs

Some assassin bugs, most notably the wheel bug, will bite if picked up and handled carelessly. The bite of the wheel bug is immediately and intensely painful. Persons who are bitten should wash and apply antiseptic to the site of the bite. Oral analgesics, such as aspirin or ibuprofen, may be useful to reduce the pain. Treatment by a physician is not usually needed, though Caladryl® or topical corticosteroids may help reduce swelling or itching at the site of the bite. As with any insect sting or bite, the victim should seek medical attention immediately if there is any sign of anaphylactic reaction, such as generalized swelling, itching, hives or difficulty breathing.

Bites from wheel bugs

Some assassin bugs, most notably the wheel bug, will bite if picked up and handled carelessly. The bite of the wheel bug is immediately and intensely painful. Persons who are bitten should wash and apply antiseptic to the site of the bite. Oral analgesics, such as aspirin or ibuprofen, may be useful to reduce the pain. Treatment by a physician is not usually needed, though Caladryl® or topical corticosteroids may help reduce swelling or itching at the site of the bite. As with any insect sting or bite, the victim should seek medical attention immediately if there is any sign of anaphylactic reaction, such as generalized swelling, itching, hives or difficulty breathing.
I didn't touch it. I just put my hand next to it for scale. I doubt it's anything dangerous though. I live in Wisconsin. In general we don't have a lot of dangerous critters. 2 kinds of poisonous snakes but they're both very rare. Black widows, also rare, and brown recluse exceedingly rare.

Reactions: Lawless and Ichi

Bites from wheel bugs

Looks more like a white spotted sawyer beetle. Assassin bugs (reduvid) look more aggressive.

I - for one - am grateful when they keep us informed of this "really important stuff".

Mostly because I don't consider it anywhere near "really important stuff". ;)
You missed the point, as planned. You're not asking about the Bidens, as planned! You should ask about a soccer team or a submarine or something, not bribery and extortion, moving on...........

Hellman's full of genetically modified crap. Switch to Duke's.
Edit: Dukes is full of bioengineered soybean oil too, as it Miracle Whip.
Next you are going to tell me that my bologna and salami are bad for me. For the love of all things holy, leave me with just ONE illusion and joy. Miracle Whip is a truly guilty pleasure - on scrambled egg sandwiches with Tabasco. None of that mayo crap. Too sour and bland. Like it belongs on the pea salad I was tortured with at family reunions as a child. That stuff is absolutely horrid.