• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

1627586917121.png

They were asking about $1000 for my watch when I bought it. Four years and it's never missed changing time when I cross the time zones or daylight savings bullshit.
Sure they came out with a new improved model every six months but this one is still doing great.
Hand held computers are making the watch obsolete. (For many)
I don't wear a watch or any other jewelry because of my work. Almost losing a finger for a wedding band? Yeah that crushed thing went to storage twenty years ago.
exactly…I have more than a few “800$”
Watches and a $30 Casio holds time better than the watches in my winders lol

Reactions: bearleft
They were asking about $1000 for my watch when I bought it. Four years and it's never missed changing time when I cross the time zones or daylight savings bullshit.
Sure they came out with a new improved model every six months but this one is still doing great.
Hand held computers are making the watch obsolete. (For many)
I don't wear a watch or any other jewelry because of my work. Almost losing a finger for a wedding band? Yeah that crushed thing went to storage twenty years ago.
I think I’ll always have a love of watches. I love my omega but I wear the Casio always. That sucker takes a beating.

Reactions: DarnYankeeUSMC
Negatory ghost rider, there is always gonna be a place for beautifully engineered mechanical marvels like a real self-winding watch.

I haven't worn a watch in almost 20 years. I looked around and realized there is a clock in my truck, on my office phone, on my computer, and on my cell phone, among others. Don't need to see a watch to tell time, and don't need what is basically a fancy bracelet on my wrist either.

All the expensive ones were sold, all the inexpensive ones got donated.

Unless your funds are unlimited I think it is life choices. I'm happy to show up to a range or dive boat in my beat up 2001 Sequoia worth a few thousand at best and unload tens of thousands in gear from it. There is almost no compromise is some areas of my life. In others, a great deal.

I’m calling BS on the part about watches

Well there is something to be said for low-tech devices. The sun dial works all the time except for cloudy days and at night. During those times you will need an hour glass. At least they don't need winding or batteries :)