• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

323422432_492556469616722_3099626912171176533_n.jpeg

Ok, so did they change the definition of 'Maid' of honor.. as in Maiden.. not having been married.. (LOL, assumed virgin back in the day)
we renaming position - Person of honor?
"A maid of honor was a maiden, meaning that she had never been married (and therefore was ostensibly a virgin)"- wiki
Granted in America, trying to find a unmarried virgin (legal age) is like trying to find a Unicorn.
It's a cool story, and the bride can choose whomever she wants.. I get that. Nice way of getting Grandma in the wedding, standing up that whole time might get 'old'.

Last edited:
Ok, so did they change the definition of 'Maid' of honor.. as in Maiden.. not having been married.. (LOL, assumed virgin back in the day)
"A maid of honor was a maiden, meaning that she had never been married (and therefore was ostensibly a virgin)"- wiki
Granted in America, trying to find a unmarried virgin (legal age) is like trying to find a Unicorn.
It's a cool story, and the bride can choose whomever she wants.. I get that. Nice way of getting Grandma in the wedding, standing up that whole time might get 'old'.
My wife had a man of honor. A gay dude named Paul. He's her best friend from college. I had my son as my best man. That was the extent of the wedding party. It's not uncommon for people to make the wedding their own. Kind of the point really and I wasn't about to tell my wife she couldn't have her best friend. Gay dude or not.

lest not forget
It is very likely,’ wrote Pat Alderman in 1968 in a detailed account of the battle, ‘that many shots were fired into the body during this episode.’ Ferguson was a hated man, Tarleton’s massacre at Waxhaw was well remembered, the backwoods war was at its savage height, the victorious Patriots’ blood was up, and in the heat of a desperate battle that would not have been the only vengeful act committed by the King’s aroused opponents.

When, for instance, the defeated and demoralized Tory survivors finally were herded into an area only about sixty yards long, Ferguson’s second-in-command, Captain Abraham DePeyster, waved a white flag of surrender, and many of the frightened Loyalists called out for mercy. But the Patriot fire continued, and numerous Tories died with their hands in the air. One Patriot reported to have shot men who had already surrendered was John Sevier, who believed at the time that Tory raiders had killed his father. Lack of adequate communication between units, and between officers and men, aggravated the Patriots’ thirst for revenge. Finally, Colonels Shelby and Campbell managed to halt the shooting and restore a semblance of order.

the over the mountain army all but vanished into legend. But it was no myth. It was formed to meet a specific threat. A fighting force that belied its lack of training and discipline, it vanquished Ferguson’s trained Loyalists as intended, then melted into the backwoods from which it had come.

The first families pushed West and kin relationships were kept up regularly via letters and regular visiting. The massacre at Waxhaws was like your brother being killed.

The Overmountain Men fought a guerilla war with the Cherokee to the South and the Iroquois nations to the North. The war only ended with the Trail of Tears. The British parlaying with the Indians and the near ban from n self defense and the ongoing war made the fight with the British an Existential fight.

The men regularly patrolled and ranged all over to make sure no large force could mass and attacks made were engaged. They were proficient in small unit tactics and the meeting engagement at Kings mountain was what they did as small units but on a larger scale. They were perfectly suited for the mission.

Reactions: mtrmn
Ultra wasn't declassified in 1974...

It was leaked by a self-serving poncy upper-class twit named Frank Winterbotham, who was entrusted with Ultra information during the war... signed the Official Secrets Act and violated every oath he ever took to publish his self-serving book "The Ultra Secret."

He disgraced himself and until his death in the 1990's was considered a pariah in the codebreaking and intelligence community. Fucking little Oxford and Public Boys School little shit.

Yes, it's an amazing story. Yes, there are whole swaths of WW2 history that need to be re-written on the basis of Ultra. But in 1974 there were still repercussions including people whose lives were endangered (and lost) behind the Iron Curtain as a resut of his disclosures.

It's an amazing story. At every level. And part of me says it should be told. But the way that little shit leaked it all had repercussions throughout Western Intelligence for years. All so he could get a self-aggrandizing book out and tell everyone how much he knew.

He should have been shot.

Sirhr

Agree. The Germans broke a lot of our codes as well and had organic intelligence units at the Division level. Win the Recon battle and it gets easier.

Reactions: Longshot231

A maid of honor literally just means a bride's assistant.

Actually, she was correct. The other driver swooped in front of her at a high rate of speed, and jammed on the brakes. Against the law to change lanes within 100 feet of an intersection, because of problems like this.

You cant tell jack from that vid

Actually, she was correct. The other driver swooped in front of her at a high rate of speed, and jammed on the brakes. Against the law to change lanes within 100 feet of an intersection, because of problems like this.
She came from the left lane into the right lane at an angle 😂

Reactions: klf and Two36

Hmm... looks they both changed lanes.