• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

Less the bed
I saw this truck at a local U-Haul today and having worked for Navistar for part of my career I knew I have never seen this before. The owner is a retired engineer from Alabama and said the truck was built in Texas for some trade show in 2005 and was created as a joke just to garner attention but they actually built 100 of them and sold out instantly. Obviously he got one and it's pretty cool. That's a Ford bed on it.

IMG_5582-XL.jpg

IMG_5581-XL.jpg
Minus the bed, it looks like the Freigtliner M2 Sport (I think) that was popular among 5th wheel RVers.

Reactions: Badfinger
I saw this truck at a local U-Haul today and having worked for Navistar for part of my career I knew I have never seen this before. The owner is a retired engineer from Alabama and said the truck was built in Texas for some trade show in 2005 and was created as a joke just to garner attention but they actually built 100 of them and sold out instantly. Obviously he got one and it's pretty cool. That's a Ford bed on it.

IMG_5582-XL.jpg

IMG_5581-XL.jpg
Once saw a small freightliner (I think it was. Not sure.) with a ram 3500 bed on the back. Had a 5th wheel connected. Might have a pic of it somewhere. Saw it 10 years ago in Idaho.

I've got a buddy that has the freightliner version, it's also the same blood red.
Not kidding a bit, the entire interior is done with real alligator skin, door panels, seats, dash, even headliner.
God awful tacky, but he got a swingin deal on it when he bought it about 6 years ago.
The thing drives and rides seriously nice.

IMG_5582-XL.jpg

IMG_5581-XL.jpg
I swear I've seen one of these before. Maybe just something similar but I'm certain it was a Ford. F450 or F550 was the designation on the side IIRC.

Mahey
I swear I've seen one of these before. Maybe just something similar but I'm certain it was a Ford. F450 or F550 was the designation on the side IIRC.
They made some F650's for a few years like that. Centurion or Western hauler was doing the final work on them.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
One of our heavy diesel master mechanics had a rig like that. Putting his tool boxes in the bed doubled what it was worth. Then hooking up to his living trailer tripled it.

Thank you,
MrSmith

There was a C6500 for sale locally a few years back like that, but older. 3208 cat and a 10 speed. Like $9500, should have just bought it.

One of my uncles was a truck driver for a while. He said that the fine for not having a log book was $x. (I don't remember the number) The fine for having an improperly filled out log book (according to him) was some insane multiple of the above fine. The first thing 'they' did when they got in a truck was to toss the log book... This was 40+ years ago...

One of my uncles was a truck driver for a while. He said that the fine for not having a log book was $x. (I don't remember the number) The fine for having an improperly filled out log book (according to him) was some insane multiple of the above fine. The first thing 'they' did when they got in a truck was to toss the log book... This was 40+ years ago...
Trucking sure has changed a lot in 40 years...
20220405_073510.jpg

IMG_5582-XL.jpg

IMG_5581-XL.jpg
LOL... That was the trend back in 2004... Wife got to drive one around the California Speedway in Fontana, CA.

Attachments

• IMG_1524.JPG
    IMG_1524.JPG
    431.6 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_1463.JPG
    IMG_1463.JPG
    348.2 KB · Views: 78
On the subject of trucking, one of our log trucks was sideswiped by a car last week.
They met on a long curve during the morning rush hour and the car drifted left of center and hit the drivers steering tire of the truck before the truck driver could react.
Impact bent the front wheel, deflated the tire, hit the fuel tank, then the front drive axle destroying the outside wheel and deflating both tires , shifted it back on the spring far enough to pull the drive shaft out of the transmission which then beat the heck out of the undercarridge, and finally bounced off the trailer tires and came to a stop down in the ditch.
Miraculously no one was killed or injured seriously.
Truck driver was able to maintain control and get the truck stopped without further damage or causing more crashes.
He said the cars driver was looking down and never tried to correct before the impact.
Probably poking around on a cell phone...
20220405_110839.jpg
20220405_110931.jpg
20220405_111012.jpg
20220405_111046.jpg
20220405_111146.jpg

On the subject of trucking, one of our log trucks was sideswiped by a car last week.
They met on a long curve during the morning rush hour and the car drifted left of center and hit the drivers steering tire of the truck before the truck driver could react.
Impact bent the front wheel, deflated the tire, hit the fuel tank, then the front drive axle destroying the outside wheel and deflating both tires , shifted it back on the spring far enough to pull the drive shaft out of the transmission which then beat the heck out of the undercarridge, and finally bounced off the trailer tires and came to a stop down in the ditch.
Truck driver was able to maintain control and get the truck stopped without further damage or causing more crashes.
He said the cars driver was looking down and never tried to correct before the impact.
View attachment 7843560View attachment 7843561View attachment 7843562View attachment 7843564View attachment 7843565

These days few drivers, truckers included, seem capable of negotiating a curve to the left and maintain their lane.

View attachment 7843560View attachment 7843561View attachment 7843562View attachment 7843564View attachment 7843565
Man, I hate to see that shit............ It's all around us and getting worse..
What's your plan to recover from this train wreck?

So can Chevys from that era.
Mom gave Dad a brand new Chevy C20 for Christmas in 1970.
Dad remodeled the house in '75 and for the next 7 winters our primary source of heat was 2 very large(44" W by 36"T)open hearth fireplaces.
They kept us warm but required lots of wood.
Saturdays was wood cutting day and dad an me usually hauled up at least one good load in dads pickup. Sometimes two.
Im not talking the bed level full either, im talking green oak rounded off above the cab till nomore would stay on it.
And guess who's little narrow arse did all the splittin, loading and stacking..🤔😏
In the summer of '82 dad bought a Big Buck insert, best investment he ever made.
It still warms house to this day.....

Last edited:
These days few drivers, truckers included, seem capable of negotiating a curve to the left and maintain their lane.

I was delivering a truck one evening, when I pulled up to a red light, waiting to make a left hand turn.
A car driven by a obvious POS who liked to cause trouble, pulled up to the lane that I was turning into. He first gave me enough room to make the turn. Then, he looked straight at me, and eased up to where I couldn't make the turn. I'm thinking, well, I can play that game too. I made my left turn, pulling the trailer tandems up to his bumper, then stopped. He panicked, threw his car in reverse, and gassed it...smashing into the car behind him. I then had enough room to make the turn, and I went on my way. Dumbass deserved it.

Man, I hate to see that shit............ It's all around us and getting worse..
What's your plan to recover from this train wreck?
I actually have no dog in this fight, by "our" i mean the company's i work for.
The truck will survive, its in the shop getting a makeover as we speak.
It should be back on the road in a couple weeks, provided all the needed parts can be sourced fairly quick.
As for the liability/legalities part, i have no idea how that'll play out.
The car was clearly in the wrong, no question. SCHP accident report says so.
I see all kinds of adds for ambulance chasing lawyers looking to sue truckers for causing accidents, real or imagined, but i dont recall seeing any looking to represent truckers that are the victim.🤔
Oh well, the company is quite large with around 400 trucks on the road and im sure they have a few Ben Matlocks and Perry Masons on retainer for just such "emergencies".

Reactions: Hobo Hilton