• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

On the doors in the house I used 1/4" angle iron that is against the back of the door frame. Had to router a step in the trim to hide it. There is also a 1" metal tube the deadbolt slides into. Someone would have to try significantly harder to kick those doors in. Which I have always wondered why they try to kick a door in when a window is much easier to get through.
Yeah, right people wanna Cliff Claven it to death.
Doing anything is better than doing nothing.

323243301_1877848152568967_669314842017039749_n.jpeg

More like flying trash pandas.
Ever been to Alaska, specifically anywhere near ocean shore ?
More bald eagles digging in dumpsters than you can imagine.
Yup, very dignified national symbol.
Exactly.

A while back, a buddy and myself were fishing some inshore saltwater and were watching a bald eagle sitting in a lone deadwood tree about 200 yards into the marsh grass. All of a sudden, it takes flight up to an unusually high altitude. It zeroed in on the tail end of the highest flying egret I have ever witnessed. Once the bald eagle got about 1/2 a bird away from the egret's tail feathers, the egret dropped a fish it was carrying. The eagle broke off pursuit of the egret and tucked in its wings to race down to the free falling fish. After 3 aerial attempts of grabbing the falling fish, the eagle grasped it and flew right back to the deadwood tree it started from and began to eat.

I told my buddy right there that no wonder this is our national bird. We just witnessed it fucking another hard working bird out of a day's pay.

You do know that one good kick will prove that is no stronger with the long screws...right ?
I cannot come up with a viable number for all the broken front door frames I've replaced.....hundreds ?

Now if you lag screw in a 1/4" metal plate that's about 1 foot long to the adjacent 2x4 that covers the screw area , then yea, maybe.
Maybe.
The trouble is doug fir.....it's just not very strong.
A 3/4” steel plumbing nipple about 8” long fits a dead bolt bolt perfectly and I believe its a 1-1/8” bit needed to make the hole for the nipple into the studs. Careful placement is a given but I have done it several times.

y’all’s idea of the day.

A 3/4” steel plumbing nipple about 8” long fits a dead bolt bolt perfectly and I believe its a 1-1/8” bit needed to make the hole for the nipple into the studs. Careful placement is a given but I have done it several times.

y’all’s idea of the day.
Oscar Mayer Cotto Salami is delicious

y’all’s idea of the day.
Good one. I've done the 1x1 square tube before but it takes more work to retrofit . Think I'm gonna put the pipe into use.

Reactions: Lawless