• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

View attachment 8279064This is a 1952 Chrysler Air Raid Siren. These were manufactured under a joint effort by Chrysler and Bell Telephone. The siren is powered by a Mopar 331 industrial Hemi. The sound produced is 138 decibels @ 100 ft from the siren. Old advertising from the time period claimed these have a fifty mile range. This particular siren was one of three that resided in Seattle, WA and was rescued by me. The siren starts and runs. I have the original radiator and all sheet metal cowling. This beast weighs in at 5500 lbs $40,000

(On Facebook not mine)
There is still one sitting on the top of a building in K.C.............I don't know who actually owns it now...............

The guys at Ultimate Night Vision gets ALL the girls hands down! And Keith Warren comes in at a close second.
biggrin.gif

Thank you for the kind offer. I have 3 churches who have offered anything and everything. I've got family members I didn't know about come out of the wood works to offer a hand and a wife who demands that she is a part of every aspect, so I'm in good hands.

You don't know how many casseroles we've had to throw away. .
At least you are easier to argue with now.

IMG_5214.jpeg

From a logging group that I follow.

Happy Thanksgiving to Everyone! Here is the interior of the dining camp car on the logging railroad of the Big Creek Logging Co south of Knappa, OR. The tables are set for the hungry loggers coming back from the woods for dinner. No date on the photo, but clearly during WWI with posters on the wall encouraging the loggers to invest in war bonds (V for Victory).
A good cook can make or break a logging camp, and were among the highest paid employees. Loggers would tolerate lower pay if the food was good, but would quickly leave no matter what the pay was if the cook was bad. The cook often had one or two assistant cooks at larger camps learning the trade, and a number of "flunkies", young men or women that served dishes and cleared tables and cleaned dishes and the dining room. Often the flunkies were the only young single women in the camp, and the cook had his hands full chasing off the loggers so the flunkie could do her job. The cook had unusual sway with the loggers as the prospect of going without breakfast and dinner quickly quashed any romantic thoughts.
Loggers of that era often didn't go home for Thanksgiving if they didn't live nearby, but would take 3-6 weeks off in mid-December through the end of the year which often coincided with the heavy snows or rain of that period. Sometimes heavy snow could keep them out of the woods into February. Some logging camps higher up in the mountains would shut down prior to Thanksgiving and not reopen until March or April. Photo from the John T Labbe collection.

View attachment 8279482
From a logging group that I follow.

Happy Thanksgiving to Everyone! Here is the interior of the dining camp car on the logging railroad of the Big Creek Logging Co south of Knappa, OR. The tables are set for the hungry loggers coming back from the woods for dinner. No date on the photo, but clearly during WWI with posters on the wall encouraging the loggers to invest in war bonds (V for Victory).
A good cook can make or break a logging camp, and were among the highest paid employees. Loggers would tolerate lower pay if the food was good, but would quickly leave no matter what the pay was if the cook was bad. The cook often had one or two assistant cooks at larger camps learning the trade, and a number of "flunkies", young men or women that served dishes and cleared tables and cleaned dishes and the dining room. Often the flunkies were the only young single women in the camp, and the cook had his hands full chasing off the loggers so the flunkie could do her job. The cook had unusual sway with the loggers as the prospect of going without breakfast and dinner quickly quashed any romantic thoughts.
Loggers of that era often didn't go home for Thanksgiving if they didn't live nearby, but would take 3-6 weeks off in mid-December through the end of the year which often coincided with the heavy snows or rain of that period. Sometimes heavy snow could keep them out of the woods into February. Some logging camps higher up in the mountains would shut down prior to Thanksgiving and not reopen until March or April. Photo from the John T Labbe collection.

I bet there's rich folks eating in a fancy dining car
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars

"Why are you looking at me that way?"

Me: "Because YOU ARE GOING on the next Starship launch. I will rent that tea room out to the whole country for hosting orgies if I have to in order to pay Elon Musk to put you on board that thing for the next launch".