• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

Seeing the high line pictures reminded me of an event years ago. A High School classmate was guiding for Elk in SW Oregon and the client got one down in the bottom of a deep canyon near a logging operation. They drug the bull to the lower landing and made a deal with the crew to yard it up to the upper landing by the road. I can just picture the yarder operator’s expression when the next pull is an elk instead of a saw log. He said that it was worth every penny they spent. 😂
Spent some time working for the Forest Service at Mapleton OR long, long ago. The road crew knew where all the elk where. Said they only hunted up hill from the roads as you can drag them downhill up trying to do it uphill is almost impossible because of the slopes and amount of undergrowth.

If you ever want to see something more useless than an Uvalde cop, watch a teamster at work. Teamsters are the most worthless twats on earth, the worst truck drivers and the shittiest employees. I paid for a lift gate delivery of some equipment to my shop, the "teamster", union trash could not back a single axle trailer into my 30 foot wide concrete driveway from the was overly wide and completely empty street and offered to drop my equipment in the street a block away from my house.

After a good laugh, I told the simp that the non-union driver managed to back a far larger truck up to the shop door like a big boy just two days before. Then I called his company and asked them to send a grown-up and handed the phone to puss-boy. After 15 minutes of screaming into the phone about my home/shop not being a union shop he relented and backed up to the roll-up door in just three tries. Then he refused to either use the lift gate, a fifty dollar upcharge or unstrap the requested dolly. Another call to the manager, more whining about having to lift, the lift gate and re-strap the dolly when done. Another bit of yelling and then he agrees to unload my shit but refuses to move it off the lift gate since my home and shop are not a union business. So, I happily move the equipment into my shop and return his dolly to the lift gate where he promptly drops the dolly off the back of the lift gate and sticks it between the gate and trailer. I can't help him since it is a union truck and he does not like members of other unions either.

A simple 10 minute delivery took 45 minutes and two phone calls with a "teamster".

Jimmy Hoffa's turds.

Seeing the high line pictures reminded me of an event years ago. A High School classmate was guiding for Elk in SW Oregon and the client got one down in the bottom of a deep canyon near a logging operation. They drug the bull to the lower landing and made a deal with the crew to yard it up to the upper landing by the road. I can just picture the yarder operator’s expression when the next pull is an elk instead of a saw log. He said that it was worth every penny they spent. 😂
Did the same up in Weyerhauser on the coastal range with two elk. Old man and his friend dropped two bulls who decided they would live just long enough to get to the bottom of a steep ass canyon. Our equipment was nearby so we set up the yarder on the high landing with a high line and skylined those two bulls right out. P.S. dragging cable thru reprod to set up a line sucks ass. Funniest damn thing you ever saw. Opening morning and flying elk suspended by the neck with a choker. Usually in OR you are lucky in that every damn draw had a skid road in the bottom of it and you can drag them down and out, but not this one.

Last edited:
If you ever want to see something more useless than an Uvalde cop, watch a teamster at work. Teamsters are the most worthless twats on earth, the worst truck drivers and the shittiest employees. I paid for a lift gate delivery of some equipment to my shop, the "teamster", union trash could not back a single axle trailer into my 30 foot wide concrete driveway from the was overly wide and completely empty street and offered to drop my equipment in the street a block away from my house.

After a good laugh, I told the simp that the non-union driver managed to back a far larger truck up to the shop door like a big boy just two days before. Then I called his company and asked them to send a grown-up and handed the phone to puss-boy. After 15 minutes of screaming into the phone about my home/shop not being a union shop he relented and backed up to the roll-up door in just three tries. Then he refused to either use the lift gate, a fifty dollar upcharge or unstrap the requested dolly. Another call to the manager, more whining about having to lift, the lift gate and re-strap the dolly when done. Another bit of yelling and then he agrees to unload my shit but refuses to move it off the lift gate since my home and shop are not a union business. So, I happily move the equipment into my shop and return his dolly to the lift gate where he promptly drops the dolly off the back of the lift gate and sticks it between the gate and trailer. I can't help him since it is a union truck and he does not like members of other unions either.

A simple 10 minute delivery took 45 minutes and two phone calls with a "teamster".

Jimmy Hoffa's turds.
Stupid Teamsters. What they don’t break they steal.

Same here. I never saw any of the money but....... my sister and I always had new school shoes, a coat and whatever else we needed when school started. I would do it over a thousand times

I grew up on a farm whose secondary cash crop was Tobacco. Dozens of acres every year. Walking behind that cultivator planting sets was easy compared to walking the rows with a hoe in deep summer every week. Every third day I'd get dropped off in the field by a tree with a water jug, a sandwich, and two hoes, a file, and a 30-30. My dad or Uncle would pick me up at the other corner at 1. If I had the rows cleaned early I could go hunt ground hogs. If I had a dead ground hog with me it was ice cream that weekend.

We usually planted tomatoes, squash, and other vegetables at the end of each row. Some weeks I would get a 20 gauge and be told to kill as many birds as I could that were on the vegetables. Or I would be given a basket by my step mom or grandmother or aunt and told to fill it up with stuff. When I saw about 20 baskets in the truck I knew it was going to be a LONG day.

Canning day came every few weeks in the summer. We had a 1 acre plot very year with the big food crops - corn, green beans, pumpkins, sweet potatoes, and potatoes. Picking corn took all morning and the women setup pots on gas burners in the yard. Hogs would get harvested in November and it would be the same big get together to share the work.

When I turned 8, I was given the keys to a small tractor and drove myself out towing a small wagon. When I was 9 I was driving the largest tractors everywhere. One of the proudest days of my life was being one of the drivers towing grain carts to the edge of the field to meet the grain elevator truck. I was not strong enough to move the auger and I was not allowed to mess with the PTO controls but other wise I did everything else including fueling.

Another moment was my dad asking me over the CB to shoot a ground hog while he was running the combine. I got out his 25-06, got as close as I could sneaking across the bottom, and got in the prone, and blew the ground hog in half. Half the county had to have heard him coaching me and his reaction to me getting it.

Fall was the best time. Us young boys would sit with our dads and the old men in a barn with a potbellied stove and listen to stories while wrapping tobacco. Many of the stories went back to and before the Overmountain Men. Lots of Oral history about the area was spoken during the month of December. The names and places I heard were all around me in cemeteries and street names and some in the history books at school.

Different times.

I am a teamster, and I'm ashamed to say that yall are mostly right. They are some of the most useless people, and our Local 71 is the most useless of all. How these useless fucks get elected is beyond me. The upside? I have 27 days left. 27 days! Then the teamsters can get their thieving fingers out of my wallet and take a hike.

I guess he got tired of pigeons.

1701963332773.png

I am a teamster, and I'm ashamed to say that yall are mostly right. They are some of the most useless people, and our Local 71 is the most useless of all. How these useless fucks get elected is beyond me. The upside? I have 27 days left. 27 days! Then the teamsters can get their thieving fingers out of my wallet and take a hike.
Don’t feel bad, all public unions are varying levels of useless. That’s just how they function

Stupid Japanese. I'm reading a history of the IJN.

The plant that made the Zero used oxen to haul the planes to the nearest airfield 20+ miles away. When the oxen got old, they used percherons. Building an airfield at the plant never occurred to them.

Their original naval aviators were basically kids on the PHD track in high school. Over 90% washed out because training was so harsh. They would literally beat them.

The aviators would be put on the front lines forever. Never rotated back to train others or allowed to get rest. And no plan to replace lost pilots. The aviators were not systematically interviewed on how to make things better.

The Navy had both officers and enlisted flying planes. The enlisted would come back after flying then made to stand watch, do KP, shine the officers shoes, etc. The officers were arrogant pricks who could not fly yet made all the decisions.

Every time senior IJN leadership would plan an operation but not validate their assumptions. Senior leaders were not visiting every base constantly.

The IJN had a habit of not focusing on the goal of the operation. They did it over and over and over again. At Pearl Harbor, they did not follow ups with a third or fourth strike or bombard Pearl and the US installations. As a result the dry docks, harbor facilities, runways, construction equipment, fuel depot, and stores were all intact. The IJN always got cold feet. The Indian Ocean raids, Guadalcanal, Battle of Philippines - and many others - the IJN did not go for the jugular.

A lot of other Americans when war-gamed Pearl, would have had the heavy battleships empty their magazines into Pearl with the planes flying CAP. Pearl was the main base of the US in the Pacific - I would have landed a Division and taken it. Razed it.

Reactions: Slash0311
Stupid Japanese. I'm reading a history of the IJN.

The plant that made the Zero used oxen to haul the planes to the nearest airfield 20+ miles away. When the oxen got old, they used percherons. Building an airfield at the plant never occurred to them.

Their original naval aviators were basically kids on the PHD track in high school. Over 90% washed out because training was so harsh. They would literally beat them.

The aviators would be put on the front lines forever. Never rotated back to train others or allowed to get rest. And no plan to replace lost pilots. The aviators were not systematically interviewed on how to make things better.

The Navy had both officers and enlisted flying planes. The enlisted would come back after flying then made to stand watch, do KP, shine the officers shoes, etc. The officers were arrogant pricks who could not fly yet made all the decisions.

Every time senior IJN leadership would plan an operation but not validate their assumptions. Senior leaders were not visiting every base constantly.

The IJN had a habit of not focusing on the goal of the operation. They did it over and over and over again. At Pearl Harbor, they did not follow ups with a third or fourth strike or bombard Pearl and the US installations. As a result the dry docks, harbor facilities, runways, construction equipment, fuel depot, and stores were all intact. The IJN always got cold feet. The Indian Ocean raids, Guadalcanal, Battle of Philippines - and many others - the IJN did not go for the jugular.

A lot of other Americans when war-gamed Pearl, would have had the heavy battleships empty their magazines into Pearl with the planes flying CAP. Pearl was the main base of the US in the Pacific - I would have landed a Division and taken it. Razed it.
Admiral Kimmel's predecessor, ADM James Richardson was considered the number one expert on Japanese warfare.

Yet he was still fired for talking too much about a Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor.

I cannot find anything he might have said after the raid that might have sounded like "I told you so."

My moose came out of the woods on a skidder. 950 pounds of him, They tied it to the plow, hoisted it up on top and put him in my truck, tickety-boo! Best $100 I ever spent

Sirhr

My stars did not align. Had a nice elk herd sleeping in the equipment line up. Made a deal with the hoe operator to lift, help me skin and put him in my pickup. I got there early and set up on the two track the herd used to mosey away each day when the Cat's lit up. Nothing. Gave up, waved at the hoe hand and headed off to make soft rock out of hard rock. A few hundred yards down the ROW I met Manuel, labor foreman, we stop and he asked "How'd you do"? "Nothing, didn't see them". He looked at me and said " You should been here, 9 elks, 2 bulls, one was 6 point, the other was Biiigg!!

As most of y'all know, here, we only count points on one side. Tag soup that year.

Thank you,
MrSmith

Reactions: jrassy
My stars did not align. Had a nice elk herd sleeping in the equipment line up. Made a deal with the hoe operator to lift, help me skin and put him in my pickup. I got there early and set up on the two track the herd used to mosey away each day when the Cat's lit up. Nothing. Gave up, waved at the hoe hand and headed off to make soft rock out of hard rock. A few hundred yards down the ROW I met Manuel, labor foreman, we stop and he asked "How'd you do"? "Nothing, didn't see them". He looked at me and said " You should been here, 9 elks, 2 bulls, one was 6 point, the other was Biiigg!!

As most of y'all know, here, we only count points on one side. Tag soup that year.

Thank you,
MrSmith

If it was easy they would call it shopping!

Next year! Nothing for me this year but pheasants!

Sirhr

And yet they kicked ass.

Maybe would have continued kicking ass if we hadn't nuked them.

One of the most underappreciated weapons we used in the Pacific Theatre was the submarine. I cannot find the quotes now but the Japanese military leadership cited American submarine warfare as the number one reason that they lost the war.

1435056886371.jpg

The source for the graph above is:

One of the most underappreciated weapons we used in the Pacific Theatre was the submarine. I cannot find the quotes now but the Japanese military leadership cited American submarine warfare as the number one reason that they lost the war.

1435056886371.jpg

That's even with the failure issues with the Mk14 torpedoes...

And yet they kicked ass.

Had this coup the night before the surrender succeeded, the war would have dragged on...

If you have a subscription to History Vault, you should watch "The Last Mission".
https://watch.historyvault.com/specials/the-last-mission

About the movie:
Four days after the second atomic bomb was dropped on Nagasaki, American airmen are flying the last and longest bombing mission of the war. In Tokyo, a fanatical group of Japanese officers stage a daring coup d'etat in an effort to prolong the war. As the rebels take over Japan's Imperial Palace, and with it - Emperor Hirohito; radio operator Jim Smith and the men of the 315th Bomb Wing are facing their own dangers in the sky above Japan. In a development not anticipated by generals or world leaders - the Last Mission and the coup d'etat converge, helping to bring an end to the most destructive war the world has ever known.

Reactions: doubloon
If it was easy they would call it shopping!

Next year! Nothing for me this year but pheasants!

Sirhr

Yes. I am a very good hunter. But I am a very bad finder.

Vegetarian /vĕj″ĭ-târ′ē-ən/, Indian word for bad hunter.

Thank goodness for rancher neighbors.

Thank you,
MrSmith

Reactions: Keith E.

1435056886371.jpg

The Japanese never instituted a convey system to protect their supply lines against the submarine threat.

Admiral King (USN) also failed to institute an effective convey system against the U-Boat threat leading to the "Second Happy Time" during operation drumbeat.

Reactions: Longshot231

Congratulations, I have 6 days left in the IBEW and then I am screwing off fulltime. I'll get absolutely nothing from the union except a $1750 dollar annual savings in union dues. I am finished next Tuesday with shift work and I come in the next week to drop off keys and cancel access badges.

Next summer I'll be shooting plains game in South Africa for a couple of weeks.

My moose came out of the woods on a skidder. 950 pounds of him, They tied it to the plow, hoisted it up on top and put him in my truck, tickety-boo! Best $100 I ever spent

Sirhr
I’d forgotten about my hooking partner sending out a flying black “Light one” til the above referenced post. Couple hunters were below the yarder with a fresh killed black bear, studying how they’d get him out. They kept watching fairly large red/white fir/larch and cedars getting ramrodded uphill like they were toothpicks. One of em hollered at my partner, who was a short ways downhill and on the other side of the skyline. They talked a minute, while I set my chokers, stopped the carriage above me and sent out my turn.
Carriage comes back, short radio reply-“pullin wide”- toot. A minute or so later, toot. “Got a light one”-toot, toot…
When that bear got to the carriage, I swear I heard the operator laughing from 1000’ away. Short toot-toot, toot-He jammed it in high gear and as the line bounced up and down, it looked like the bear was flying, flapping his wings up and down to the top of the hill. There was a decent amount of beer at the yarder when we finished the line.
Most of the guys Cat-side used their equipment to load elk in the truck. Dangle-heads, skidded and the feller-buncher

Last edited:
Reactions: jrassy
The Japanese never instituted a convey system to protect their supply lines against the submarine threat.

Admiral King (USN) also failed to institute an effective convey system against the U-Boat threat leading to the "Second Happy Time" during operation drumbeat.

King also wanted to court martial CPT Dan Gallery after his task force captured the U-505 until some members of his staff told him about the treasure trove of equipment and information Gallery got with the submarine.

Or it occurred to them that airfields tend to attract aircraft.
For better or worse, quite a lot of the parts that went into the planes were built in smaller shops and then transported to a final assembly plant. Since these shops were so dispersed, it was more difficult for the bombing crews to destroy all of them.

Before LeMay took over, bombing was done for high altitude and used mostly high explosive bombs. This was ineffective and Lemay switched to low altitude incendiary bombing. Some my not know that more civilians were killed in the fire bombing raids than when Little Boy and Fat Man were dropped.

Last edited:
And yet they kicked ass.

They got their ass handed to them at the Coral Sea and at Midway. Wake Island defended itself from the first attack and had there been more support, they would have won the second attack.

During the battles of the Savo Sea, US Destroyers closed to feet with the IJN capital ships and fought with not only deck guns, machine guns, AA but even small arms. The IJN ships commanders ran away rather than crush the US ships.

Even the IJN admirals were impressed with the bravery of US fliers.

Many IJN fliers deliberately avoided battle by flying away.

In hand to hand fighting on Guadalcanal the marines dominated. There are lots of reports of Japanese small units deliberately avoiding movement to contact. The Japanese infantryman was beaten and abused most every day of his life.

1435056886371.jpg

Had the USN torpedo dud issue been fixed sooner, the war would have ended sooner. It took two years to get the torpedo makers to fix it.

The USN put aggressive and innovative skippers in charge and fired most of the pre-war skippers who could not lead their boats to sink ships.

The Army Air Force developed and perfected skip bombing and gun ship concept using B25s. These were ruthlessly used to slaughter front line transports and destroyers laden with troops.

The IJN never put resources into Ant-submarine warfare. And they looked down on destroyer and merchantmen. Part of the "I am an officer and a prick" culture of the IJN. And part of the "death for the Emperor" death cult.

The US and Brits by contrast took the losses seriously and focused on an integrated approach to defeating the submarines using DF, air, and convoy systems with aggressive destroyer screens integrated with a ir. They also added jeep carriers.

Admiral Kimmel's predecessor, ADM James Richardson was considered the number one expert on Japanese warfare.

Yet he was still fired for talking too much about a Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor.

I cannot find anything he might have said after the raid that might have sounded like "I told you so."

The USN did not have a Fox Connor to weed out officers who would not fight and to groom the fighters and protect them.

FDR had a lot of back channels in the Navy thanks to his time there during WWI. The selection of Nimitz to lead in the Pacific changed a lot of things.

During the runup to Pearl, most of the US military was not thinking it would fight soon. Pacifism dominated politically and even FDR was publicly talking down war.

An invasion on Hawaii was a perennial topic of G2s posted there. Same for the folks in the Navy. Its easy to say "such and such" was prophetic...

For better or worse, quite a lot of the parts that went into the planes were built in smaller shops and then transported to a final assembly plant. Since these shops were so dispersed, it was more difficult for the bombing crews to destroy all of them.

Before LeMay took over, bombing was done for high altitude and used mostly high explosive bombs. This was ineffective and Lemay switched to low altitude incendiary bombing. Some my not know that more civilians were killed in the fire bombing raids than when Little Boy and Fat Man were dropped.

The end result of shit scattered all over is a much lower production rate, poor coordination, much higher costs, and lack of innovation.

it also makes the supply chain very vulnerable to disruption due to many issues including labor shortages.

Reactions: klf
They got their ass handed to them at the Coral Sea and at Midway. Wake Island defended itself from the first attack and had there been more support, they would have won the second attack.

During the battles of the Savo Sea, US Destroyers closed to feet with the IJN capital ships and fought with not only deck guns, machine guns, AA but even small arms. The IJN ships commanders ran away rather than crush the US ships.

In hand to hand fighting on Guadalcanal the marines dominated. There are lots of reports of Japanese small units deliberately avoiding movement to contact. The Japanese infantryman was beaten and abused most every day of his life.

Don’t feel bad, all public unions are varying levels of useless. That’s just how they function
I worked for a company around 1990 that had a union. When I came on they tried relentlessly to get me to join but I wouldn’t. I told the main union guy once that if he approached me again I would catch him outside and beat his ass.

I had to go to meet with some higher ups because I wouldn’t donate a piece of my check every week to the United Way. They wanted 100% participation and just a handful said no.

I got a sweet job inside the company because I deserved it and the damn union did everything it could to reverse it. They claimed it should have gone to a union guy 😂

I would respectfully disagree with historians who believe that Midway and Coral Sea were turning points.

IMHO, Doolittle's Tokyo raid was the turning point. The raid scared the Japanese to death. After the raid, Yamamoto's plans for Midway were accelerated and for good reason. Midway could be used as a staging base for future raids.

After learning that post strike bases were in China, the Japanese increased their war effort in that theater and diverted a couple of aircraft carriers from operations in the Aleutian Islands.

Even though the raid had little immediate military effect the psychological effect it had on the Japanese military leadership and their decision making served to be a force-multiplier.

I’m pretty sure the German navy submarine force lost a lot more people than the US did….

Probably.

But was only counting good guys.

Though I guess by that standard, the Red army gets the dubious honor. But they were only temporary good guys.

So I’ll clarify with “any American MOS…” so to speak! And it may be as a percentage. Because we lost a ton of aircrews over Europe, too.

Sirhr

That's even with the failure issues with the Mk14 torpedoes...

They also had a problem with circle runners. This caused the demise of the USS Tang in 1944. The skipper, Richard O'Kane died in 1994.

It was said that on his deathbed, he was calling out to fellow crew members that were lost on the Tang and was trying to swim out to see to rescue them.