• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

Putting linoleum on top of a hardwood floor is worthy of a lifetime in hell, and then another eternal existence of misery and suffering being hungry, watching people eat nice steaks with all the trimmings while his/her skin is being slowly peeled away from their body and a generous helping of salt applied to the open wounds to assure that no infection occurs so the suffering can go on longer.

Spoken by a fellow who with his wife and mother, sanded paint off of a wooden floor and then varnished the wood.
So true. Working on the latest remodel project (reference the retired guy thread). Hardwood floor with old linoleum glued to it. Then on top of that was 1/8" plywood nailed down and vinyl flooring on top of that.
View attachment 8329774

View attachment 8329775

And going the other direction is this. So far I have counted six different types of flooring in this house. It was built in 1957 and they just put new flooring on top of the old. And then the probably wondered why the floor wasn't level.

Screenshot_20240122_100805_Gallery.jpg

My backyard yesterday. A little grainy since I'm zoomed in so far with my cell phone.

Putting linoleum on top of a hardwood floor is worthy of a lifetime in hell, and then another eternal existence of misery and suffering being hungry, watching people eat nice steaks with all the trimmings while his/her skin is being slowly peeled away from their body and a generous helping of salt applied to the open wounds to assure that no infection occurs so the suffering can go on longer.

Spoken by a fellow who with his wife and mother, sanded paint off of a wooden floor and then varnished the wood.
Going the other way, wood over linoleum, is too. Especially when there’s no wood under the dishwasher and it fucking leaks and floods the room below the dishwasher.

Ask me how I know this is fucking gaytarded

Haven't really shared what I've been working on in my house since it has taken so long and still not done.

Horrid slate, held down with expanded metal grout, on linoleum, on subfloor. Started taking it up July 1st 2023. 1989 built house. Some subfloor was damaged before slate was put down that was easiest fixed by changing out to wider sliding glass door. Putting pergo down and changing base boards. Eventually putting pergo on stairs, 4 of which have one open end.

Old crap
1622405873621.jpg

20230701_153432.jpg

Old door. Stupid trim crap was on both sides. None sealed.
20230704_233017.jpg

New door.
20231023_161049.jpg

No pics with new base boards up yet. That wall section is fixed and base boards that match the floor is there. Daisy browsing around.
20231111_113825.jpg

So true. Working on the latest remodel project (reference the retired guy thread). Hardwood floor with old linoleum glued to it. Then on top of that was 1/8" plywood nailed down and vinyl flooring on top of that.
View attachment 8329774

View attachment 8329775

And going the other direction is this. So far I have counted six different types of flooring in this house. It was built in 1957 and they just put new flooring on top of the old. And then the probably wondered why the floor wasn't level.
Did that shit all the time. WTF is the prybar for?

catClass_0680100

Did that shit all the time. WTF is the prybar for?

catClass_0680100
Not a large enough area to justify using something like this. Also I would have to drive 60 miles each way to rent one. By the time I picked it up and returned it, I would probably have more time in driving than it took me to remove the old flooring.

Reactions: Two36
Not a large enough area to justify using something like this. Also I would have to drive 60 miles each way to rent one. By the time I picked it up and returned it, I would probably have more time in driving than it took me to remove the old flooring.
but you're whining?

Jackhammers work well too but bits are hard to find nowadays.

Funny.
Once lived in the taxpayer appt just above the Rock Shop on the left of that picture.

Folks who owned it were very nice and great to rent from for a young fella.
Haven't been there in 30 years. There used to be a Dairy King right off the interstate that was supposedly haunted.

Will watch that later Jason

We dig his vids.
My 11 yr old nerds out on his baseball cannon one.
And his tour of the rocket manufacturing facility in Huntsville AL

Reactions: LeftyJason
Doesn’t matter. 415 HP is not enough when
You could have 500!

And 500 is not enough if 600 is doable.

More HP. More torque.

No matter what you have, more is better!

Sirhr
Like my dad always said, some is good, more is better, and too much is just right. But it's all in how you look at it, and power to weight ratio is more important than just a huge HP number. My little homebuilt 7 weighs 1300lbs, and with around 200hp has the same power to weight ratio as the original Hellcat, about 6.5 lb/hp. Sometimes that feels like plenty, even on 10" wide slicks.
IMG_20150524_175259.JPG

I took it to lunch on the slicks once, and drove it like I was on course, that was an eye opening experience to see the difference between it and normal traffic. Gotta love small towns where you used to be able to get away with stuff like that. My street tires are Toyo R888's and the slicks were a huge step up from that.
Kristian

Like my dad always said, some is good, more is better, and too much is just right. But it's all in how you look at it, and power to weight ratio is more important than just a huge HP number. My little homebuilt 7 weighs 1300lbs, and with around 200hp has the same power to weight ratio as the original Hellcat, about 6.5 lb/hp. Sometimes that feels like plenty, even on 10" wide slicks.
View attachment 8330037
I took it to lunch on the slicks once, and drove it like I was on course, that was an eye opening experience to see the difference between it and normal traffic. Gotta love small towns where you used to be able to get away with stuff like that. My street tires are Toyo R888's and the slicks were a huge step up from that.
Kristian
Our son spent a good bit of time and effort making his Miata optimized for auto cross. It really made a difference. with R rated tires, the shocks, springs, locking differential, the times were way down. He was competitive and when I drove it, I was in the middle of the pack. (Which was a big up for me, 15th out of 30 as opposed to 28 or 29th out of 30.). I was much quicker around the auto cross course than I was with my Corvette. Even being ‘just’ a C-5, it was way more power than I could use in the tight confines of an auto cross course. I really admire the young men and women who drive those on the road course. Takes skill that I simply did not have.

so, yes, I certainly agree, R rated tires do make a huge difference, however, slicks can get a bit dicey in a downpour.

Reactions: Lawless
View attachment 8330037
Kristian
I had a Lotus7 50 years ago, before I had a drivers permit, It had a meager 1.8 out of an MGB. Modern 7's are far superior but lack the "sports car" heritage,

I was in HS at the time so don't remember much more than that. I was watching the aftermath on the TV

M

His response to the first MLK day in 1986 was “let’s shoot four more ******* and take the whole week off.”

Though Howard Stern (sp?) eclipsed him soon after. Stern was always just gross. Grease man was hilarious!!

The definition of UnPC!

Sirhr

Haven't really shared what I've been working on in my house since it has taken so long and still not done.

Horrid slate, held down with expanded metal grout, on linoleum, on subfloor. Started taking it up July 1st 2023. 1989 built house. Some subfloor was damaged before slate was put down that was easiest fixed by changing out to wider sliding glass door. Putting pergo down and changing base boards. Eventually putting pergo on stairs, 4 of which have one open end.

Old crap
View attachment 8329812
View attachment 8329813

Old door. Stupid trim crap was on both sides. None sealed.
View attachment 8329814

New door.
View attachment 8329815

No pics with new base boards up yet. That wall section is fixed and base boards that match the floor is there. Daisy browsing around.
View attachment 8329824
Damn, looks like a lot of work
At least you have a good superviser :D