• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

tumblr_n8db05Uhmw1tpmgf1o1_400.gif

The jet in the air is an EMB-145... The airplane that hit it Bombardier Q400...

In a previous job I had to ferry(fly empty on a special permit) an EMB-145 that got hit by a Q400 when the tow team was towing the Q400. Emb-145 had a very slightly bent winglet, about a 2 hour fix to swap a new winglet on. Q400 had a hole in the fuselage and was going to require a ton of work. Funny to see the two tangled up.

The "real" Bronco isn't going to hit dealer lots for month's. The only Bronco you can buy now is the "sport" which is just a rebodied escape or edge I believe.
The Ford dealer by my mothers house has the Bronco in stock sitting in their lot. I have not seen one on the road yet though.

Found this the other day while going through the safe. Its my father's mission tally for sorties flown with the 829th BS 485th BG with the 15th based in Verona, Italy. He was a ball turret gunner in a B-24. After he finished his tour he went stateside to train in B-29's for the Pacific theatre. Luckily the was ended before the was deployed. His older brother was a B-29 crewman and killed in a training accident.

Mission Board.jpg

That's cool!

Found this the other day while going through the safe. Its my father's mission tally for sorties flown with the 829th BS 485th BG with the 15th based in Verona, Italy. He was a ball turret gunner in a B-24. After he finished his tour he went stateside to train in B-29's for the Pacific theatre. Luckily the was ended before the was deployed. His older brother was a B-29 crewman and killed in a training accident.

View attachment 7617903

View attachment 7617903

No doubt that this was the greatest generation.
Dated a girl and when her Grandmother passed we were at her father's going through some things. I knew her grandfather had been an Army Air Corp bomber pilot. As they are setting things out first was a set of Air force epilets with Birds, then a set with 2 stars. I'm all like "wait what?" They further produced tie tacks for Sabres, F4 fantoms, and others, mach 1 club and mach 2 club. Her brother said the story was he didn't quite hit mach 2 but was "close enough". Her GF became commander of the Illinois Air Guard if I remember right. After retirement he had a chance to go up in an F16? But fell off a ladder trimming trees and missed his flight.