• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Funny prices I have seen on gunbroker

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW... I had heard scuttlebutt the anti's were going to try to ban online sales of black rifle "Parts" as well... I never heard about it again, but it won't surprise me.
Every failure on their part makes them reach for more and more.

From Bidens anti page..

"End the online sale of firearms and ammunitions. Biden will enact legislation to prohibit all online sales of firearms, ammunition, kits, and gun parts."
Tyranny.... What they are going to try to do, is put every single gun manufacturer/distributor out of business, and ruin the industry, make prices for basic products unattainable for 99% of people, and totally throw our ability to practice our 2A into total chaos.

I've recently "sold" some stuff on GunBroker.com. the auction prices that the items went for were insane. All the winning bidders though, refused to pay.
This happened a lot post Sandy Hook. Crybabies who hate capitalism would bid up stuff, and intentionally not pay. Would say dumb shit about gouging on luxury items.

Roll your own and save.

5 cents for powder, 18 cents for 209gr hi-tek coated bullets and 50 cents for the primer. I form with .223 range brass, which is all over the place for free right now. Blackout components are still pretty easy to come by in my area.
If you can find anything... everything is gone!!!

Sold these a few weeks ago.
IMG_7730FC289286-1.jpeg

There is also a lot of “you bid mine up, I’ll bid yours up” going on, if you’ll pay attention to who’s bidding on certain lots of ammo there will be the same two bidders until a certain price then when some schmuck panic buyer jumps in for 5 dollars more, you won’t see another bid out of the two schemers. Pay attention to that! I had a talk with one of my distributors about that the other day and they’re starting to notice it is a lot of their bigger customers doing it and they’re about to get cut the fuck off, I’ve been starting to get a lot more ammo recently even though we’re pretty small in comparison to a lot of stores, but we’re still putting our stock on shelves at decent prices.

Do you have a online store? Prefer to spend my money w honest supporting companies.

Went to a local gunshow and it was packed but nobody had any money. Tried to sell a couple of DD ARs cheap and no takers. I think lots of the pricing going on now is just guys dreaming of making a killing. I don't think stuff is bringing anything close to what they are asking.

Reactions: RTH1800
But vintage stuff and high end shotguns, etc are going begging. Buyers market there!

Last gun show I went to was about a year ago, right before Wuhanachoflu. Even then anything black rifle was insane priced. I bought a mint baby Browning for under $200. Amazing Winchester’s were available for a song. Bought a 1912 Colt SAA with period carved grips for 1200.

But Olympic arms beat up AR... 900.

Buy what the other guy isn’t buying.

Sirhr
I watched an absolutely butchered low number 1903 Springfield, with a single heat treat bolt and cracked stock, get bid up to over 3k.

• Wow
Reactions: Gtscotty
Went to a local gunshow and it was packed but nobody had any money. Tried to sell a couple of DD ARs cheap and no takers. I think lots of the pricing going on now is just guys dreaming of making a killing. I don't think stuff is bringing anything close to what they are asking.
I'm looking for a Daniel Defense AR cheap - and I've got a few dollars left.

I have wanted to build a lightweight ar10 but from the looks of things that's not happening.

I have wanted to build a lightweight ar10 but from the looks of things that's not happening.
A light weight 10 wasn’t all that cheap to build 3 years ago, my wife built one 3 years ago, and to get it 11 pounds with the optic was a touch over 3000 without the optic price

A light weight 10 wasn’t all that cheap to build 3 years ago, my wife built one 3 years ago, and to get it 11 pounds with the optic was a touch over 3000 without the optic price
Oh I know it's not gonna come cheap!
2A Arms receiver set$$
Proof Barrel $$
JP Carrier and Bolt$
Ect $
Finding the above parts🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: JbBooks
I gotta admit, my gut tells me we are far from peak price insanity...

A friend of mine brought up a good point just a few minutes ago. At least in 2013, you could still get Lapua Center X or SK Match for their standard prices during that panic (I didn't shoot "match" .22 back then). With the rise in popularity of .22LR, that ain't gonna happen this time, it's already jumping up.
Perhaps locally to you they could, but online, you could not.
People seem to have forgotten how dire 2013 was - you could literally not find an AR part online, no barrels, no bcg, no lpks, nothing. Not that way today (at least, not yet).

Reactions: Josh1978
1lb cans of powder for $150 and it used to be sold for $25 to $35. No wonder all the stores are sold out. I would buy and sell on gunbroker alps for that profit

Guys, dont confuse ended auctions w/ actual sales. Its a tactic used in all other hyper demand industries - "buyers" with no intention of ever paying drive up prices and stiff the sellers as a middle finger of sorts for their perceived exploitation of the market.

It doesn’t matter what it’s bid up to if no one pays.
Exactly. The auction price on those GB ads don't necessarily mean that money is changing hands. Could just be deadbeat buyers sticking the sellers with the listing fees.

Don't underestimate this group.... They are not fearful of the disruption and destruction of entire industries that don't align to their agenda.
true, they can move and the lets the courts sort it out.

we need an ammendment where unocostitutional laws, the costs of such, are born by the writers of the law

Reactions: Howland
I offered 6.5prc brass here for 1.7/each and got a ton of questions no buyers. So I posted it on gunbroker for $2 each and sold it in 3 days.

supply and demand. Saw 200 rounds of loaded 6.5prc go for $1000. I’ve got 340 rounds sitting on my shelf and I’m seriously considering selling 200 for $1000

I was hoping to try and take my first couple classes this year. Ammo prices are stupid, and I only stock piled enough for about a year. Which sucks because they are forecasting this bullshit into 22'.

Reactions: SamsonSimpson
Earlier today, I noticed the cheapest non-corrosive Russian 7.62 out there was 75 cents... Even BLANKS were 55 cents. 😑

Screenshot_20210118-142811_Chrome.jpg

I offered 6.5prc brass here for 1.7/each and got a ton of questions no buyers. So I posted it on gunbroker for $2 each and sold it in 3 days.

supply and demand. Saw 200 rounds of loaded 6.5prc go for $1000. I’ve got 340 rounds sitting on my shelf and I’m seriously considering selling 200 for $1000
Penny auction or? Need to decide how I'm going to sell what I have.

Crazy stuff. Saw a 14,000 round drum of 5.56 online somewhere last week for $16000!!!! Love to have gotten a few of those a couple years back, I coulda bought a damn truck with the profits haha!
Hell, if brass alone is going for crazy money, I may just throw some on GB myself!

A local mom and pop shop by me has CCI 450 small rifle magnum primers in stock for $3.99 / 100. If you Venmo me $250 I’ll give you their contact info 🤣

My LGS said their distributor doubled their cost for primers. The prices might not be just because of sellers jacking up the prices, assuming my LGS is telling the truth.

I remember being outed on here awhile back on this very same subject. Seems the consensus is thems normal supply and demand prices so buy what you can afford. Personally I'm set for quite a while. I have a BCG on backorder at prestupid prices that will ship once available. Time and patience I have and don't mind not giving my money to bone heads that want to take advantage.

hmmm, i might know somebody with enough 9mm HST to buy nv gear ;)

I'll say one thing for Americans; they love money, any way they can get it; unfortunately, it IS the only way of life for some! Sad for those who have not prepared; those who love guns, have practiced, reload and have learned all they can are the prepared ones , who may survive, though the world we're gonna be in from now on may not be worth being a part of much longer! Catch that brass; hit what you aim at; don't get dragged off; end it as a patriot! Trying to get some of my neighbor newbies to the AR to at least buy an extra extractor; so far hitting only .500; some still learning how to pull the pin to clean the thing! We are on our own, as epitomized on this day of mourning the death of the nation! Whew!!!

I just want to sincerely thank Barack Obama........

He got me back into guns, after a 40 year hiatus from my Army days.........

Then he convinced me I needed LOTS of guns and LOTS of ammo.

And now we've reached a virtual Guns/Ammo SHTF episode in our history.........

And for ONCE in my life I find myself fairly adequately prepared.

Barack, Old Buddy, I thank you!!!! I don't want to have to face the Zombies with a Ruger 10/22, and thanks to you, I don't need to. You da Man!!!

Come on down to the range and I'll let you shoot some, eheheheeheeheheh!

Status
Not open for further replies.