• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes FYI - Athlon Ares ETR 1-10x28!

Curious if you have any updates after a little bit of time owning it? What are your thoughts and experiences with it? Considering one for an 18” dmr build
I’ve only shot it twice so far. Glass is actually better than I initially thought. It has a warm yellowish tint but the glass stays consistently pretty good throughout the mag range unlike the razor and Accupower 1-8 which lose a little bit of resolution and brightness at the top end. The reticle is pretty good at top mag but feels more awkward than the razors with the lack of 1/2 mil holdovers from the center and the mil grid feels more awkward. The 1x is not very good and has more fisheye and distortion than even a strike eagle. The illumination is pretty useless in daylight and the reticle is somewhat difficult to find at 1x.

Reactions: rangerlong
Finally got a chance to look through one of these at a match last weekend. To be fair to the scope, its owner handed me the rifle to look at then walked away, so I was not able to ask permission to adjust the diopter or inquire about the batteries age. Also, because of the proximity of people in bay I wasn't able to point it at anything further than maybe 20 yards.
Starting at 1x, the scope is clearly not made to be "red dot like" in the way something like the 6x Razor is. FOV seems way smaller than advertised, lots of scope tube visible, pretty meh eyebox. Reticle was almost invisible. Illumination made it almost invisible, but in reddish black. Worst of all it appeared to be more like 2x. Again, I know the diopter can change that, but I've never seen a 1x scope look so far from 1x at any diopter setting.
I turned it up to about 3x but it seemed pointless to worry about higher magnification with my range limitation plus I'd already been disappointed enough for one day.

I would like to look through one again given the chance to adjust the diopter and see some distant objects, but I've pretty much written it off for my uses and put it in the DMR scope with 1x for emergency use category.

I just picked one up used. Will report back once it arrives. I sold a PST Gen 2 1-6 which I very much enjoyed... Hopefully this helps fill that void!

Reactions: TonyTheTiger
Not too heavy, extremely nice feeling turrets, if that kind of thing matters to you. They are tight and very accurate feeling. Great reticle, great glass. Just not bright enough illumination to be used as a 1x red dot. That said, mines up on the arf ee because I am a poor and cant really afford to keep around glass I'll never use 💸

3l9j0Gi.jpg

SotGN2Y.jpg

C7uPnlU.jpg

jUeR0te.jpg

Reactions: Bluedog82