• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

G96 Questions

LucasTNT

Banhammer
Banned !
Minuteman
Apr 7, 2020
Hey guys, I've been reading a lot of good things about G96 products and have some questions for experienced G96 users.

1) What is the difference between "Synthetic CLP Gun Oil" and "Gun Treatment" and, for that matter, "Firearm Cleaner/Degreaser" ... do they all clean the weapon the same way, and thoroughly?

2) Do I understand that Gun Treatment would be the last product to apply after a thorough cleaning to prevent corosion, etc.?

2) Crud Buster ... does it do what non-chlorinate brake cleaner does?

3) Bore Solvent....should I use this rather than CLP when cleaning my firearms? I understand I'll need to neutralize it after use and have Kroil oil for that. I understand how it works in the bore, but was wondering about using it otherwise (the smell is, as Ron Burgundy would say, "a formidable scent"), or is it only for bore cleaning.

4) Where does their Silicon Spray fit in with everything above?

Thanks for your comments on this.