• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes GAP Deal on Bushnell LRHS Scopes

The two replacements I received the arrows were fine, at least so close I didn't notice them being off and much better than I sent in originally.

My friends joke that companies should pay me to buy their stuff just to get their lemons off the market. It doesn't even bother me anymore, I just expect to have issues with about 50% of the stuff I buy doesn't matter how bulletproof the product/company is.

The picture of yours is interesting because the zero hash mark appears well centered on the tube. On the two bad ones I had the zero hash mark was very obviously shifted to the right of the center of the scope tube.

Last edited:
Ok I get it, the batch of GAP scopes had many with the arrow or turret markings or whatnot a bit off. But I mean come on, they already came up to us and offered to correct it. You chose not to and get an LRTS instead and it has almost the same problem. Krylon paint the cap so you don't see the arrow. Every other scope i own or have owned does not come with an arrow on top. These are great scopes and the arrow affects nothing performance-wise!

For those that have gotten their scopes what height rings do you recommend? I am looking at Seekins rings.

There is already a thread on here that explains a formula exactly on how to figure out what height rings you would need. Every rifle has different action, barrel, scope, base, etc. Do some research on it and you can figure it out, it truly isn't that difficult!

Ok I get it, the batch of GAP scopes had many with the arrow or turret markings or whatnot a bit off. But I mean come on, they already came up to us and offered to correct it. You chose not to and get an LRTS instead and it has almost the same problem. Krylon paint the cap so you don't see the arrow. Every other scope i own or have owned does not come with an arrow on top. These are great scopes and the arrow affects nothing performance-wise!
It’s not the arrow, it’s the turret markings / positions in the scope body being off. Krylon painting the cap doesn’t fix it.

It concerns me since it’s likely a QC issue at the LOW factory in Japan. I’m going to run it through a tall target and box test to see if there are other issues before making a decision on what to do next.

Still love my DMR2i though.

The two LRTSi replacements I received the arrows were fine, at least so close I didn't notice them being off and much better than the 2 (of 4) I sent in originally that were way off.

One of the replacement LRTSi's the elevation turret locked up to the point I can't turn it now when I first put it through a couple turns out of the box, so that one is waiting for another replacement, I'm a magnet for QC issues though. I could order a pallet of steel bricks and 50% of them would be cracked. My friends joke that companies should pay me to buy their stuff just to get their lemons off the market. It doesn't even bother me anymore, I just expect to have issues with about 50% of the stuff I buy doesn't matter how bulletproof the product/company is.

The picture of yours is interesting because the zero hash mark appears well centered on the tube. On the two bad ones I had the zero hash mark was very obviously shifted to the right of the center of the scope tube.

This scope has the Zero mark slightly to the left. My LRHSi had it to the left too, which is interesting if yours were both to the right.

It’s not the arrow, it’s the turret markings / positions in the scope body being off. Krylon painting the cap doesn’t fix it.

It concerns me since it’s likely a QC issue at the LOW factory in Japan. I’m going to run it through a tall target and box test to see if there are other issues before making a decision on what to do next.

Still love my DMR2i though.
Explain to me what you mean and how it actually affects the proper usage of the scope. I see that the zero marking lines up just fine with the hash marks. As such, exactly how does that affect anything?

Reactions: BullzeyeNJ
DJ Keyhole, That pic you posted shows the zero mark lining up pretty close to perfectly to the turret. Maybe you posted the wrong pic?

Reactions: gconnoyer
DJ Keyhole, That pic you posted shows the zero mark lining up pretty close to perfectly to the turret. Maybe you posted the wrong pic?

What he's saying is, the component that says "up and down" is indexed slightly to left or right from center (off-tangent or top dead center from the main scope tube). The turret lines up correctly with respect to said part. The huge arrow just makes the clocking error more obvious.

I can't imagine any of this affects function.. purely cosmetic.

Wow so the two I have look like this but it’s so minimal I thought mine didn’t have it. ?

Seems awful nit picky but maybe I can turn one of them into an LRTSi now... mine is off even less than what’s pictured. Lol

That photo looks pretty dead nuts on to me. And people were saying I was picky with my Mk5 turret like this pic attached.

Attachments

• IMG_20181025_140351.jpg
    IMG_20181025_140351.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 1,144
That photo looks pretty dead nuts on to me. And people were saying I was picky with my Mk5 turret like this pic attached.
JW, to me that is unacceptable and I'd send that back to Leupold, no matter how many times it takes, tell them not to send it back to you until the 0 lines up with the tick mark. If they can't get it to align I'd demand they send a new scope. With the money we pay for these optics I expect them to be spot on in every way, if the manufacturer won't fix it then I'd tell the community which will ultimately come back to the mfr. That being said, I do have some grace for the mfr and realize sometimes these things will slip through QA/QC; however, they ought to have the attitude that they will fix it if the customer is not happy.

Reactions: kingston

I'm with Bill. To me, this is unacceptable. Is that at 0, 10.4, or 10.5? Actual misalignment between the marking line and turret markings is a no-go.

However, when both line up perfectly but they're both offset just a hair as many here are showing on their LRHS, I'd be fine with that. I can definitively tell when I'm on the right spot on my turret, even if things are rotated a bit. As long as I know where I am for sure, I'm good.

Reactions: Glassaholic
That deal and that scope are gone forever...
What do you mean? Are you saying that GAP no longer is taking orders for the scope? We knew the LRHS series was discontinued, just want to make sure I understand your statement correctly.

What do you mean? Are you saying that GAP no longer is taking orders for the scope? We knew the LRHS series was discontinued, just want to make sure I understand your statement correctly.

I think he meant since that line of scopes is discontinued you will never see that deal again. I think GAP did 3 rounds of sales/shipments. Those who took advantage, good for them, those who did not but now want to, too bad!

Reactions: Areeves08
Probably looking for them used would be a good option for those wanting them still or going with an LRTS might also be a good option. The LRTS has the same glass and optical prescription, just slightly different features!

I think he meant since that line of scopes is discontinued you will never see that deal again. I think GAP did 3 rounds of sales/shipments. Those who took advantage, good for them, those who did not but now want to, too bad!
So is it confirmed that GAP is done and is no longer offering orders for the LRHSi?

Yep. I watched the sale pass with despair. I really wanted one of these, but unexpected bills wiped the mad money fund and I knew they were being discontinued and would be long gone by the time I got around to saving up enough scratch for one. Oh well. Perhaps one will show up in the classifieds eventually since scopeitis seems to be an affliction affecting many here.

So is it confirmed that GAP is done and is no longer offering orders for the LRHSi?

I really don't know for sure, I was just clarifying someone else's comment for you the way i thought that person meant it.

Although it does seem to me to be that way!

The LRHSi 4.5-18 is no longer listed on their site, that may be the end of it, but maybe the popularity of the scope at $750 will encourage some other manufacturers to do some deals like that as well.

Yeah and even from a tac perspective, the circle quickly brings the eye to the target for minute of man shots up close. Big fan of the circle.

Quick question: what throw lever is everyone putting on this scope? I have a cattail it it keeps slipping off. Thanks!

I've been using the Warne SV1720, but that said I have not been using it hard, just normal range use and it's been fine, not sure how it would handle abuse, but so far it has not slipped. There's more than enough room on the Warne for a larger screw than the tiny thing they used, which looks like you could strip the threads if you looked at it too hard. It's too bad they didn't go up a screw size but it seems to be holding fine for now

Quick question: what throw lever is everyone putting on this scope? I have a cattail it it keeps slipping off. Thanks!

Happened to me too with the recommended cat tail. I have not had time to get it sorted out. Perhaps the ring was undersized on this batch? IDK.

I do think that Bushnell should not lose the LRHS reticle, or “Circle of Death” as some have referred to it. It is a well thought out reticle for LR hunting applications IMO.

You like it even in the 4.5 bottom end scope? I like the G2H in the 3-12, but the G3 seemed plenty visible to me at 4.5. With more use I may find different, I have literally only mounted the LRTS so far. It came in with an Athlon midas 2.5-15, Sig Tango 6, and a couple of Burris 5-25s and i have been pre occupied in load development for my hunting rifle.

You like it even in the 4.5 bottom end scope? I like the G2H in the 3-12, but the G3 seemed plenty visible to me at 4.5. With more use I may find different, I have literally only mounted the LRTS so far. It came in with an Athlon midas 2.5-15, Sig Tango 6, and a couple of Burris 5-25s and i have been pre occupied in load development for my hunting rifle.
Yes, very much so. At 4.5, the circle is still quite noticible, even in low light. The reticle is almost a G2 reticle with the 4 mil circle added. Plus, the major stadia are there just like any other hunting reticle to guide the eye at low power.
D5404B3B-A21E-42D8-9A1B-EFB0DEDAC357.jpeg

Edited to correct 4 MOA to 4 mil.

Last edited:
I can't say the circle ever bothered me in my 4.5-18s. Its always nice to have options.

If all those poor bastards that think Huskamave is the cream of the cream, would have compared them the the LRHS objectively. I think it would have sold well enough we would have never lost the line. The LRTS seemed more geared to the tactical crowd. IMO. Not that it wont work.

Having owned an original lhrs.....I am amazed how sharp this one is...just returned from hunting. Legal time is half hour after sunset... scope still sharp and way brighter than should've been.....might just got a good one but completely satisfied.....

Reactions: TheMammoth
Truthfully, I have a couple other, older Bushnells, including and HDMR, but this one is the first that provided the quality of glass that I expected for the dollars. It’s also my favorite for all of the reasons stated above.

I have not personally seen any of the new current DMR 2, XRS and ERS crop of scopes, but if they are as good as this one, I’m interested.

Truthfully, I have a couple other, older Bushnells, including and HDMR, but this one is the first that provided the quality of glass that I expected for the dollars. It’s also my favorite for all of the reasons stated above.

I have not personally seen any of the new current DMR 2, XRS and ERS crop of scopes, but if they are as good as this one, I’m interested.

The DMRII is too close to call. I suspect they are the same. Although the FOV at 3.5 in the DMR/ERS/DMRII is about the same as the LRHS/LRTS at 4.5.

It was for a Vortex PST, I think model A. If you email Tyler, he will let you know for sure. He is quick to respond to email.

I know earlier in the thread it was stated these did not qualify for the Bushnell $200 rebate but if my result was any indication I hope other people at least attempted the rebate!

Reactions: TheMammoth
I know earlier in the thread it was stated these did not qualify for the Bushnell $200 rebate but if my result was any indication I hope other people at least attempted the rebate!
Can you elaborate? Unaware of a possible rebate. Thanks

Bushnell had a $200 per tactical scope rebate earlier this year, not sure if/when it ended, but I just got the debit card the other day in the mail. Don't see it on Bushnell's promotions page but found on old pdf copy and it looks like the rebate had to be sent in by Nov. 30th.

Bushnell had a $200 per tactical scope rebate earlier this year, not sure if/when it ended, but I just got the debit card the other day in the mail. Don't see it on Bushnell's promotions page but found on old pdf copy and it looks like the rebate had to be sent in by Nov. 30th.
Gotcha. Guess I missed out on that. Would have been a $550 scope. Oh well, still a heck of a deal for $750.