• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GAP Gladius

SKS Guy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 14, 2010
Luray, Va.
I currently have a GAP Crusader that is a total hammer. Shoots sub quarter moa on nearly every outing when I do my part. I love the rifle but am wanting a lighter gun.
Looking hard at the Gladius, love the Templar so would upgrade to that. Anyone here have a Gladius with Templar. What is the weight without scope, and is it a hammer.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kqTQyCgnO_Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Have you checked out this video about the Gladius and the Crusader yet?

Gladius is 10-11 lbs... If that is heavy, hit the gym. :)

Last edited:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kqTQyCgnO_Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6-7 pounds is a light gun. To get a Gladius because it's "lighter" is a waste of money Imo.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Crusader is in 308 as would be the Gladius. I don't expect a major difference. I also like the shorter barrel and multicam stock. Be nice to hear from some Gladius owners what they like and don't like. And before someone makes a comment about the surefire break making the barrel the same length, I wouldn't get that.

+1. Start going to the gym if 10 pounds is too heavy for you

I have a lightened Gladius. I took as much weight off it as I could. I had the barrel fluted, the stock is 90% carbon fiber, Ti scope base, and a 700 action. I personally don't see any benefit in the other 700 based custom actions. The 700 is the lightest and works just as well. The standard Rem extractor is fine too for .308. I shoot suppressed so the SF brake works for me. It is a nice light rifle to carry but it is not as comfortable as an M40a5 to shoot. There are tradeoffs with weight. The scope is a USO 3-10 with a 37mm obj. I wish I could give you a total weight but I am 8000 miles away from it right now.

6-7 pounds is a light gun. To get a Gladius because it's "lighter" is a waste of money Imo.

Do you own a Gladius? They are the lightest gun GAP offers besides the hunting series.

I had one with the Remington 700 action and it was very light for me, I had a NF F1 and Surefire 762SS suppressor on it. For the overall package it felt like a rig I could pack around ALL day.

Do you own a Gladius? They are the lightest gun GAP offers besides the hunting series.

I had one with the Remington 700 action and it was very light for me, I had a NF F1 and Surefire 762SS suppressor on it. For the overall package it felt like a rig I could pack around ALL day.

And how many times have you "packed it around all day"?

+1. Start going to the gym if 10 pounds is too heavy for you

Listen dog pulling douche bag, my point is that the might as well chop his barrel on the Crusader. He would accomplish the same thing. Most of you fat fucks shoot these guns off a bench so don't act like you are Arnold Schwarzenegger.

I currently have a GAP Crusader that is a total hammer. Shoots sub quarter moa on nearly every outing when I do my part. I love the rifle but am wanting a lighter gun.
Looking hard at the Gladius, love the Templar so would upgrade to that. Anyone here have a Gladius with Templar. What is the weight without scope, and is it a hammer.

if you like the handy-ness of a shorter barrel, but want a lighter rifle than the Crusader, consider a customized Gladius with a Manners T2 100% carbon fiber shell and lighter fill, fluting the barrel will also shave some ounces, as will deleting the adjustable cheek piece.

This should get you down around 7.5-8 lbs.

And how many times have you "packed it around all day"?

I carried it in a Eberlestock scabbard at least 6-7 times. 2 of those outings were 4 mile hikes into the Appalachian Mountains for a hunting/camping trip. So I would say I have a decent judge of packing the weight....

Where have you carried one?

Listen dog pulling douche bag, my point is that the might as well chop his barrel on the Crusader. He would accomplish the same thing. Most of you fat fucks shoot these guns off a bench so don't act like you are Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Who pissed in your cheerios this morning?

I carried it in a Eberlestock scabbard at least 6-7 times. 2 of those outings were 4 mile hikes into the Appalachian Mountains for a hunting/camping trip. So I would say I have a decent judge of packing the weight....

Where have you carried one?

Why would you do that? They make lighter guns you know? Maybe it was the sniper multicam I don't know.

Why would you do that? They make lighter guns you know? Maybe it was the sniper multicam I don't know.

It was the lightest and shortest OAL bolt action that I owned at that time. So are you going to keep avoiding it or answer the question?

It was the lightest and shortest OAL bolt action that I owned at that time. So are you going to keep avoiding it or answer the question?

No I've made my point, you just go about your crackish ways. Btw you don't need to say shortest and OAL in the same sentence. I knew what you meant.

No I've made my point, you just go about your crackish ways. Btw you don't need to say shortest and OAL in the same sentence. I knew what you meant.

Your point being you have not handled one?

Uh oh, we have an Internet forum tough here LOL

I created this thread to ask questions. If all you have to give is bs smartass comments take it else where. If you don't own or have handed a Gladius go troll on another forum.
Having said that. Anyone who has cycled the Templar and gap rem 700 please comment on smoothness and it comes with a 1/2 moa guarantee any comments on accuracy appreciated.

Your point being you have not handled one?

Omg dude you are worse than a woman

Yes I have handled one. They are nice guns and the short barrel balances the gun out.

They guy was looking to swap a crusader for a Gladius because it's lighter. It feels lighter because it's shorter. I don't hear anyone calling for this guy to hit the gym because he wants to save a few pounds on a gun. My whole point of this was if they guy wants a "light" gun he should look at one with a different stock and lighter contour barrel.

Happy?

To go back to your original question, what do you want to do with it? As I said earlier a shorter barrel will lighten it up. When you have a gun that shots well it is always wise to hang on to it.

Omg dude you are worse than a woman

Yes I have handled one. They are nice guns and the short barrel balances the gun out.

They guy was looking to swap a crusader for a Gladius because it's lighter. It feels lighter because it's shorter. I don't hear anyone calling for this guy to hit the gym because he wants to save a few pounds on a gun. My whole point of this was if they guy wants a "light" gun he should look at one with a different stock and lighter contour barrel.

Happy?

Oh I am thrilled. You have dispensed a vast amount of knowledge on the minions around you. "They guy" just wanted an opinion on switching to a different platform. The crusader would still end up being heavier due to the #7 contour barrel where as the Gladius uses a lighter contour, and it could be fluted. Combined with a carbon shell the Gladius would come in a few pounds lighter then a cut down Crusader. Even Ken has said this. With the correct equipment options you could get a very light build out of Gladius sized rig.

So, for you to come on here spouting off at the mouth and acting like a dick head is not needed. I am worse then a woman? I am not the person that came in here with attitude in the first place. You felt the need to go directly to name calling when you were disagreed with.

I created this thread to ask questions. If all you have to give is bs smartass comments take it else where. If you don't own or have handed a Gladius go troll on another forum.
Having said that. Anyone who has cycled the Templar and gap rem 700 please comment on smoothness and it comes with a 1/2 moa guarantee any comments on accuracy appreciated.

I've used both and owned a GAP trued 700. Here a couple videos from Suarez and he sums everything up. Personally, I like my trued 700 just me, my opinion and my preferred action. Just one douche bags choice LOL. They have never let me down and I am a fan of the Remington name and historical military legacy

Remington action compared to Custom action Part 1 - YouTube

Remington action compared to custom action Part 2 - YouTube

Actually you do have to say "shortest" oal to differentiate between shortest and longest.

Just sayin...

Crusader is in 308 as would be the Gladius. I don't expect a major difference. I also like the shorter barrel and multicam stock. Be nice to hear from some Gladius owners what they like and don't like. And before someone makes a comment about the surefire break making the barrel the same length, I wouldn't get that.

Have owned both Crusader and Gladius.
- Crusader shot everything like a laser, but Gladius was load picky
- Gladius is harder to shoot past 750-800 yards--not impossible--but you just don't get MV with the short bbl
- Crusader weight & size made it feel like a dedicated prone/bench gun shooter, but Gladius was very well balanced and wieldable
- Gladius quickly feels unbalanced with heavy optics. I shot it with Hensoldt 4-16, Hensoldt 3-12 and NF F1 and preferred the F1 (in Seekins). The 34mm tube required higher mount (0.92" vs 0.82") seemed to overwhelm the rifle. It simply felt a little too 'blocky' having to raise the cheekpiece
- Personal ergonomics, but I would have preferred the Gladius with a Manners MCS-T or T3 stock
- Sold Crusader cause it was too massive for my tastes. Sold Gladius because though it was a cool rifle, the novelty quickly wore off.

If you can only afford ONE gun, I would not recommend the Gladius. If your gun must have a 'handy' feel:
- I would spec out a rifle with a 20" medium Palma contour barrel. E.g., I had a Sako TRG22 and it felt just as handy as the Gladius but was a better shooter.
- I would also scrutinize optics selection for weight and size. E.g., nothing feels handy with a 39-oz PR 3-15 on it.

I have found that my Templar sometimes "binds up" when I cycle it really fast. I think it has to do with the tight machining tolerances? I am also a lefty shooting a RH rifle, so the "angle of the dangle" might be affecting this as well. My GAP trued Remington 700 has never done this...Though, I would like to add that I have shot my tightest groups with the Templar...I think you will be happy with either...I am...

George Gardner goes to KYS338 every time he has a question about any GAP rifle. I'd listen to him.

I have owned two GAPs, one on a trued 700 and one on the Templer. The 700 actually felt smoother .

I like my crusader alot and have considered the Gladius as my next GAP investment.

I'm thinking ill just keep the crusader. I have many hunting rifles. I just wanted to hunt a little with my $4000 rifle but I have numerous $1000 rifles that will do the job just fine

I built a GAP Rock type rifle with a Remingtom Varmit Contour fluted with a T3 Manners in a carbon shell and a Stiller action. Had the boys at GAP put it together and it comes in at 8.5-9 pounds. It was kind of a do it all rifle and worked great for acouple of years.

Recently I ordered a deciated bench competition gun kind of a mixtuer of a Crusader and Hospitaller forthe range. (Lucky I had a couple of AR's to fund the project)

After I moved 3 pound SN3 off of the Rock rifle and replaced it with a Swarvoski 3-10 Z3 the rifle was much easier to hunt with and most of the shots in my neck of the woods is 100-300 yards.

Just my 2 cents...