• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Garmin Xero C1 Pro chronograph

And now it's gone.

Always funny when industry people work on promos and put them on Vimeo thinking we can't see them! :)
50 second video, about 20 seconds of which was wasted showing a guy dramatically installing a magazine, closing the bolt, aiming, firing - all in slow motion to look "cool" with "cool" music in the background, while telling you absolutely nothing. I hate "marketing" videos like that. There was a little info there, but not much.

50 second video, about 20 seconds of which was wasted showing a guy dramatically installing a magazine, closing the bolt, aiming, firing - all in slow motion to look "cool" with "cool" music in the background, while telling you absolutely nothing. I hate "marketing" videos like that. There was a little info there, but not much.
Don't forget: a terrible group 😂😂

Very interesting. Especially at that price
If it does the job well it will sell plenty. No other reason to consider the other stuff at this point.
My priority: picking up suppressed and unsuppressed shots, not getting triggered by neighboring shooters, forgiving placement of the device, rechargeable (I think)
It looks like it checks all the boxes.

Reactions: simonp
Still there >
1696142541942.png
1000026265.jpg
1000026265.jpg

Reactions: simonp
For those that are MIL/First Responders I would wait for them to stock them. Strohman Enterprises is a Garmin distributor and usually has better than normal pricing on their products last I checked via email. Just something to consider..

Spoke with Rick and Kenny at the grind and both are great guys. I did try the chrono also. I put it in my back pocket and carried to the zero range. Positioned it directly underneath my barrel and let er rip. I was impressed on how easy it was to set up and use. I will be getting one. It also has app but I didn't have time to try it. It did what it was designed too do.

Reactions: jafo96
So it's gonna be $1,000 and not the rumored $599?
those are all very suspect pictures that are the same ones circulating this thread and not official product pictures.

those are all very suspect pictures that are the same ones circulating this thread and not official product pictures.
Did you watch the video in post #7? It shows the chrono. Looks the same. I’m sure it’ll be how the production model looks if it is releasing in 2 weeks or so.

Nope ... he was referring to the promo video I linked to earlier on Vimeo, which has now been taken down.
I think he quoted the wrong post from me, where I had asked where the info was for accuracy level. I appreciate him pointing out where he saw it (pics of the display going to 0.1fps) but I'm not sure I believe it without some verification from a neutral party. That's splitting some mighty fine hairs.

Lol remember when the BulletSeeker and Andiscan were supposed to be LabRadar killers? Look how’s that’s turned out…

We’ve seen enough new product releases at this point to know how this goes. Soft release, all hype, actual release to general public, market stabilization.

I like Garmin stuff. My Tactix 7 Pro AB has quickly become one of my favorite everyday carry tools. BUT I’ve seen this movie enough times to not trust the initial shock response. Looks great on paper, but I think we need to wait and see on the execution or at least until additional details become available.

Lol remember when the BulletSeeker and Andiscan were supposed to be LabRadar killers? Look how’s that’s turned out…

We’ve seen enough new product releases at this point to know how this goes. Soft release, all hype, actual release to general public, market stabilization.

I like Garmin stuff. My Tactix 7 Pro AB has quickly become one of my favorite everyday carry tools. BUT I’ve seen this movie enough times to not trust the initial shock response. Looks great on paper, but I think we need to wait and see on the execution or at least until additional details become available.

I’m not worried at all about garmin. They don’t produce turds. They’ll perform as advertised if not better. It’s not even a comparison to put the bulletseeker and andiscan up against a company like garmin.
I agree with both points. As I have owned and used a LR since about a year after they came out (replaced a MS3), and have all the accessories to cover my needs, I will be eagerly (but patiently) awaiting what the early-crowd finds out about the Garmin. The LR does everything I need it to do, but it isn't perfect and a company like Garmin has the experience and know-how to address the shortcomings in a cleaner package. But, it remains to be proven at this point. If it measures up to the hype, I'll probably opt in. Until then, I'm popping some popcorn and watching with interest.

If these are only $500-600, I'll pick one up, as well, to test beside my Bulletseeker Mach4 (that is now finally working great).

Reactions: Near miss
Im curious that no one has asked about BT / wifi intergration for live updates of velo.

Say you had a smart device which could connect to it, and use the velo reading for drop data, but it sends live updates of your avg velo ?

Im thinking out loud. Curious to see how the connectes devices / software handle the data.

Reactions: garey
Im curious that no one has asked about BT / wifi intergration for live updates of velo.

Say you had a smart device which could connect to it, and use the velo reading for drop data, but it sends live updates of your avg velo ?

Im thinking out loud. Curious to see how the connectes devices / software handle the data.
It has BT to your phone iirc.

It will allow you to store your data and graph/plot/edit. 😉

I’m not worried at all about garmin. They don’t produce turds. They’ll perform as advertised if not better. It’s not even a comparison to put the bulletseeker and andiscan up against a company like garmin.

You must not use their sporting dog, or just dog, line then. Seems like every product Garmin has released post Tri-Troincs buyout has mostly crashed and burned. I bought their bark collar, not sure the model, that had the smartphone app and a DeltaSport XC with bark limiter. Both suddenly discontinued with no explanation or replacement and the app pulled for the one.

Seems they may have had some success extending the Alpha line but not much else. Also, I’ve had issues with their golf CT10 line, they’ve stood behind that one tbough.

Glad I waited till someone legit brought a well engineered doppler chrono to market.

I'll also wait out the scalpers and gougers.

Has Garmin explicitly stated it will hold up to recoil if mounted to a rifle? Not necessarily talking extremes like 50 BMG, but say 308?
We have sent many hundreds of rounds with one mounted to a rifle, and I know one was on a rifle for a pile of stages at the Grind - it definitely works while rifle mounted. We have shot from 22LR suppressed (to check trigger) to lightweight 300PRC to check recoil. It's the real deal.

I am not selling mine. Experience has show me never to buy the first generation of anything, especially electronics.

I know everyone is excited for Garmin's involvement, and it's been all praise for them, but I've had a dozen Garmin cycling computers over the years. They are definitely not immune from from bad designs (touch screen issues) and very buggy firmware. A number of us have been so frustrated with their stuff, we sold all of our units and got Wahoos .... that was from frying pan in to the fire.

I know everyone is excited for Garmin's involvement, and it's been all praise for them, but I've had a dozen Garmin cycling computers over the years. They are definitely not immune from from bad designs (touch screen issues) and very buggy firmware. A number of us have been so frustrated with their stuff, we sold all of our units and got Wahoos .... that was from frying pan in to the fire.
I gave up on bike computers and just use my apple watch and phone when I ride now.

For what it's worth, Garmin has been doing radar a very long time, and doing it damn well. Albeit comparing $6,000-$35,000 marine and aviation systems to an allegedly $600-$800 ballistics system isn't exactly fair, it doesn't take away from the fact that these guys know what's up.

On the other hand, Infinition (who designed the labradar) seems to be the leading authority in ballistics radar. I'll bet a dollar this new Garmin gets a fire burnin under their ass to get something "new" out there. This will be a good thing for all of us no matter how you look at it.

I am intrigued. I do own a LabRadar but I wont be offing mine. I dont mind it, plus I use it for bow season and pistols. Since buying an external trigger, I havent had much issue

But, if this unit is much easier to use, I would love to pick one up so my friends and family could also use it, without me having to set it all up and explain where to shoot and how to aim the unit.

Reactions: Texascbr
Forgive the noob question, but does it have to be mounted on a rifle? I'm mostly a pistol shooter dabbling in prs stuff so I'm hoping this could do both for me