• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Garmin Xero C1 Pro chronograph

Mainly a magneto speed user....and mostly SOL for pistol. Being able to take the C1 to the indoor pistol range, set it on the bench and get data is a huge step forward for me.

Just happen to be working on three new barrels in three calibers and two powders. Accuracy and velocity data at the same time will be a nice benefit of moving forward from the MS.

MSV3 has always worked well....just some limitations the C1 eliminates. My main range has massive overhead baffles that make aiming the LR a bit challenging. The constant dropping my phone app during range sessions was frustrating.

Happy to jump on this....sad pandas at LR and MS today....but both those companies have treated me very well.

ZY

Reactions: ABoxOfGridSquares
Wow it's just a chrono guys. What's with all the "must have it first and immediately" crap. I ordered one from Garmin directly and it's in stock now, but it would have been "ok" to wait a little while to get it. Wow people are impatient. I mean, I get it, this is cool gear and stuff but just use your Labradars or other widgets that you've already spontaneously purchased on day one until it's restocked.
We live in a world of instant gratification. I ordered mine from Scheels :)

The only things that won't ship today are the Garmin-Only orders, which was noted at time of purchase.

We also put more knob-style clamps on the site with arms.
Ordered an arm. Thanks!

Wow it's just a chrono guys. What's with all the "must have it first and immediately" crap. I ordered one from Garmin directly and it's in stock now, but it would have been "ok" to wait a little while to get it. Wow people are impatient. I mean, I get it, this is cool gear and stuff but just use your Labradars or other widgets that you've already spontaneously purchased on day one until it's restocked.

For some, this is a pretty big step in long term data and such. You can literally leave this on your rifle for entire matches or anything at all.

So, the sooner we get one, the sooner we are able to start recording massive amounts of velocity data compared to what we were able to reasonably collect before.

And then for others, they just like having something new as soon as they can. And that's perfectly fine too.

Reactions: ABoxOfGridSquares
So timely with the Garmin Xero, this was a welcome addition as I was over chronographs lately

My Labradar broke too many times to count, and I hate it, my MagnetoSpeeds is awesome but I hate putting them on, so I was running away from doing it.

This is so much easier
1697726826306.jpeg

Reactions: Baron23
Waiting for it to pop up on Cabela’s so I can snag one when they do their 5x club points in a couple weeks. Hard to beat 25% cash back.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
Damn you people…. Just ordered from Sheels. WTF am I supposed to do with my Magnetospeed and Wiser Mount now?:LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: GenericBadGuy
I may have spoke too soon as I don't recall where I read that. I'll find where I read that. NO SD card, USB cable. The manual is available online. https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/web...02C-9C6F-46EA-B8B8-26266A5122F4-homepage.html
I read that on the apple phone app.

Use the ShotView™ app to connect to your Xero® C1 Pro chronograph. After a shooting session is completed, see your ballistic data on the app, where it is organized and easy to interpret. Analyze shot data, including speed, deviation, extreme spread, kinetic energy and more — and export the raw data to CSV format. Exclude cold bore shots and other outliers from session calculations as desired. Create custom names for each session, add notes for specific shots, and mark clean bore and cold bore attributes for each shot. Filter by weapon type to quickly access specific sessions for review.

Damn you people…. Just ordered from Sheels. WTF am I supposed to do with my Magnetospeed and Wiser Mount now?:LOL:
Everything can be a buttplug if you try hard enough.

Butt seriously I bought in for the same reason as Frank. Sick of problems with Labradar, having the Magneto sporter come loose, tired of optical chronos setup and light sensitivity.

I read that on the apple phone app.

Use the ShotView™ app to connect to your Xero® C1 Pro chronograph. After a shooting session is completed, see your ballistic data on the app, where it is organized and easy to interpret. Analyze shot data, including speed, deviation, extreme spread, kinetic energy and more — and export the raw data to CSV format. Exclude cold bore shots and other outliers from session calculations as desired. Create custom names for each session, add notes for specific shots, and mark clean bore and cold bore attributes for each shot. Filter by weapon type to quickly access specific sessions for review.
IMG_BA314954316D-1.jpeg

Reactions: TEUFEL820
Is anyone else having problems trying to download/install Shotview on your Android phone?

Per Garmin:

"Android:
My phone has version 9 installed. I don't have a problem downloading/installing any other apps.
Installed fine on my Moto G

I would like to hear how the Xero performs at a range like the one in the picture. Labradar has been a nightmare to use in this scenario and I can’t wait to get my xero and be done with it.

Attachments

• IMG_2293.jpeg
    IMG_2293.jpeg
    799 KB · Views: 118
I completely understand, normally we would not take payment on pre-orders but we are confident that we will have frequent shipments.
What has happened in the past was customers did pre-orders everywhere and just cancel the remaining orders once one vendor shipped to them.
Than we would be dealing with losing credit card fees etc... IMO, the dollar amount isn't going to break many on this forum to wait 2 weeks or so for the next shipment. If Garmin can't keep up with frequent orders than we will change how we do pre-orders.

Customers will always have the option to roll the funds into something else if they change their mind.

***Update***
For those that ordered last night and see "Awaiting Shipment" yours made the cut for the second batch coming in tomorrow and we will do our best to get them shipping tomorrow as well.

For those still pending and says "Awaiting Payment" the funds have not been captured yet as I am personally calling everyone to make sure they want to wait for the next batch coming in November before capturing their funds. Please be patient as I have a ton of calls to make.

We normally do not like taking pre-payment for pre-orders for the reason I explained in the above post. If this format does not work than we will make changes as needed. We feel confident that Garmin will be sending out frequent shipments to us so the wait time should not exceed a few weeks. At worse, captured funds can be rolled into other products to avoid getting hit with Credit Card Fees.

-Richard@CST
916-628-3490

We have really come a long way from using this thing…

1697731566381.jpeg

Really excited about this Garmin unit.

Reactions: jwramp
Looking forward to the first wave of user impressions... Ready to ditch my labradar for something that's smaller and reads >4000fps (I have a couple rifles in the 4300fps range that I have to use a magnetospeed for) but I want to make sure there aren't any bugs or quirks that got missed and end up being a pain.

If anyone gets a chance to use the Garmin on a busy range, let us know if it false triggers or shows crazy values for shots fired next to you.

Looking forward to the first wave of user impressions... Ready to ditch my labradar for something that's smaller and reads >4000fps (I have a couple rifles in the 4300fps range that I have to use a magnetospeed for) but I want to make sure there aren't any bugs or quirks that got missed and end up being a pain.

If anyone gets a chance to use the Garmin on a busy range, let us know if it false triggers or shows crazy values for shots fired next to you.
It worked well at the Gap grind and WI Regional Finale with tons of shooters. It really is what it is.

Labradar, MS are pretty much dead in the water.

I placed order. Everyone sold out. I did midway and they expect to be able to send one out 11/05. I think this thing is going to be huge. I am selling my magnetospeed.

I placed order. Everyone sold out. I did midway and they expect to be able to send one out 11/05. I think this thing is going to be huge. I am selling my magnetospeed.
Scheels still in stock ready to ship.

Is there a way to adapt the Area 419 mount to a top picatinny rail?

Garmin says free 2 day shipping but available to ship in 5-8 weeks.... hopefully those who ordered from them don't have to wait that long. Scheels shipped fast!

I would like to hear how the Xero performs at a range like the one in the picture. Labradar has been a nightmare to use in this scenario and I can’t wait to get my xero and be done with it.
That's actually why I got rid of my lab radar. It was a PITA to use on active ranges, etc. Let alone being picky with suppressors. The MagnetoSpeed worked far better in that application. (Much to my chagrin, as I had vowed to never buy one of them again after the initial version was so easily broken and their refusal to make it right.)

Reactions: giumau1
Garmin says free 2 day shipping but available to ship in 5-8 weeks.... hopefully those who ordered from them don't have to wait that long. Scheels shipped fast!

When I ordered this morning it said 3-4 days to ship. Now it says 5-8 weeks.

Is anyone else having problems trying to download/install Shotview on your Android phone?

Per Garmin:

"Android:
My phone has version 9 installed. I don't have a problem downloading/installing any other apps.

Well I may have discovered the reason for my problem. Seems Samsung is not running a full Android version but a variation of Android (Go edition). Apparently this makes the Shotview app not compatible because the Go edition does not have all the features of the full Android operating system. I guess I'll have to contact Garmin and see if they are planning adapt to the Go edition of Android.

UPDATE: I've contacted Garmin now it is wait and see. If you are planning to run the Shotview app on your phone or tablet I suggest you try downloading/install in case you run into the same issue.

Last edited: