• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Garmin Xero C1 Pro chronograph

Scheels sold out the same day they got them in Reno. Rep says they are behind - did not expect this response - but hope to have more in December

No more at scheels and basspro removed it from their site. Looks like cstactical and area419 are best options.

I would still check them daily..
Yes. I don't know why BP is doing that. If it's not in stock they take it off the website completely instead of showing it and noting it as out-of-stock. This cycle has apparently repeated several times since the release. Keep checking because when they get more stock it will pop back up for a little while.

Another day, another missed delivery, this time, 5minutes separated fedex and my lady getting home from work 😭

Tomorrow is a new day
I think someone suggested using the FedEx app to configure alternate delivery. But then someone said that this was not allowed via the shipper request. However, you may be able to have FedEx hold package at a local FedEx distribution hub and then you pick up at your convenience (with proper ID of course)

Reactions: waspocrew
I was able to order one from Scheels yesterday and should be here in a few days. Looking forward to getting to the range next week

I think someone suggested using the FedEx app to configure alternate delivery. But then someone said that this was not allowed via the shipper request. However, you may be able to have FedEx hold package at a local FedEx distribution hub and then you pick up at your convenience (with proper ID of course)
A lot of vendors have been doing direct delivery lately which I get but can be a PITA at times for the recipient. Keeps people from okie doking orders and sending them elsewhere in the event a credit card or account was compromised.

Another day, another missed delivery, this time, 5minutes separated fedex and my lady getting home from work 😭

Tomorrow is a new day
@Krob95 You need a better strategy brah. Since HH6 has been taking care of the USPS, FedEx, UPS and Amazon peeps, we have never had an issue. Signs courtesy of the grandkids. Funny story, I was in charge of filling up the drinks one day and accidently put in some White Claws, spousal unit was not amused, but I've never had the duty since. ;)

IMG_7232-3010983.jpg

Lab Radar is made by Infinition (as mentioned above from Canada). It's like if Weibel made a consumer Doppler Chrono. I'm actually surprised that Infinition put effort into the consumer market as their typical chrono is more along the lines of what you'd see at Aberdeen and White Sands. An infinition is what Litz aspires to get. I believe their degree of support is related to the relative size of the consumer market compared to their core business.

For those that need to get a Garmin like "right now"...ebay has a few available with a "Buy it Now" price of somewhere around $1000!!!

Man I have to wonder, does garmin have GPS beacons inside these to let uncle Sam know where all the serious shooters live? Asking for a friend........🤣

• Wow
Reactions: GUNNER75 and Terp
I am also patiently waiting for my Xero to be delivered however I‘d love to hear from someone that had already the chance to test it in a cluttered, RF reflective down range environment…I gave my LR a very last chance last week and it performed miserably as usual.

I shot my .22 down a lane in an apple orchard. Recorded every shot without issue.

Reactions: giumau1
Man I have to wonder, does garmin have GPS beacons inside these to let uncle Sam know where all the serious shooters live? Asking for a friend........🤣
They are already in our phones and if your friends are members here...in short your friends are already on the list.

Reactions: TheOE800
Can't wait to get it in hand and test it out.

I may be in the minority here, as I know lots of guys had issues with their LR....but I did not. I was one of the very early adopters and mine has worked flawlessly for years and years of constant, daily use.

I used a trigger for everything, shot everything from 22lr, to Supressed, Pistol, rifle, brake, no brake.

I didn't have issues picking up shots consistently when the correct settings and position were set. Took a little while to figure all those settings out but once I did, works great.

I look forward to a much smaller, lighter unit. Carrying around this large pelican is hopefully a thing of the past
Mine has never given me any trouble

They are already in our phones and if your friends are members here...in short your friends are already on the list.
Oh I know we're all on a list already. Some of us should probably be registered for having xxx # of smokeless powder in possession.

I am also patiently waiting for my Xero to be delivered however I‘d love to hear from someone that had already the chance to test it in a cluttered, RF reflective down range environment…I gave my LR a very last chance last week and it performed miserably as usual.

I used mine the other day standing 3 feet away from a 6 foot high chain link fence that extended parallel to the line of fire 30 yards downrange, then at the end of the fence was a flail mower, disc, ring roller, and planter, and just past the parked equipment the shots were going between 2 rows of cherry trees... And on top of that a friend was shooting offhand and I was hand holding the Garmin right next to him pointing it downrange.

Even with the clutter downrange and being handheld it never missed a shot and the velocity matched my labradar and magnetospeed data for that rifle within 5fps, but the range you posted with all those overhead baffles is an entirely different situation. Hopefully it works for you.

Reactions: giumau1
I ran across a site yesterday (can't remember how I stumbled across it) where the company was offering up a 3D printed arm or mount for the Garmin. Not interested in that, but they had a section that talked about 3D print prototyping as a service.

Any ideas on the company?

I ran across a site yesterday (can't remember how I stumbled across it) where the company was offering up a 3D printed arm or mount for the Garmin. Not interested in that, but they had a section that talked about 3D print prototyping as a service.

This company?

We shall be offering a "professionally printed" version soon. Think printers you could buy multiple 5 axis mills for the price.

We shall be offering a "professionally printed" version soon. Think printers you could buy multiple 5 axis mills for the price.
I actually have an idea for another printed product. Sent you a pm yesterday, I think it would be up your alley!

I may be in the minority here, as I know lots of guys had issues with their LR....but I did not. I was one of the very early adopters and mine has worked flawlessly for years and years of constant, daily use.

I used a trigger for everything, shot everything from 22lr, to Supressed, Pistol, rifle, brake, no brake.

I didn't have issues picking up shots consistently when the correct settings and position were set. Took a little while to figure all those settings out but once I did, works great.

I look forward to a much smaller, lighter unit. Carrying around this large pelican is hopefully a thing of the past
This has been my exact experience. My LR has served me faithfully for many years and I trust it. However I was attracted to the elegant simplicity of the Garmin, so I got one. I have tested it against the LR in multiple scenarios, and have concluded that it it is at least as reliable as the LR. The only significant differences I got was when I was using the recoil trigger on the LR, and those went away when I switched to the microphone trigger. (LR's official position on recoil triggers is that they introduce error based on their internal testing, thus their reason for not offering one of their own). I believe you will be well pleased, but if you're anything like me, you may have to let it prove itself against the LR first. Do it. (And let us know what you observe). Enjoy!

Zeroed rifle with new barrel today. Tested against Magnetospeed V3. Every shot was within 5-7fps of one another. Avg. at the end was within 5fps. This range has concrete walls/baffles between each shooter. But they're only as long/deep as the bench. Range was full and the Xero didn't struggle at all with people shooting next to me. Magnetospeed is going bye bye.

Guy shooting a .22 rifle of some sort with 40gr. bullets asked to try it. At first it wasn't registering shots, but switched it over to the lower velocity range and it worked as expected.

Just asked at Scheels, they had received 5 the day before and didn’t even realize it. They were expecting 40 more tomorrow. Keep looking they are out there. Good luck.

My bud poked around on the Cabelas website and it was available for order so he orderd one delivered to the store for pickup. It gave him like 10% off too... he said he got an email this morning it was available for pickup today.

I’ve got an old school Oehler 35P I’m gonna set up and run against the Xero this weekend.

Reactions: Airborne-350G
My bud poked around on the Cabelas website and it was available for order so he orderd one delivered to the store for pickup. It gave him like 10% off too... he said he got an email this morning it was available for pickup today.

I’ve got an old school Oehler 35P I’m gonna set up and run against the Xero this weekend.
Ahhh, the old Flintstone vs. Ferrari test. 👍🏼

Reactions: Modoc
Got mine yesterday, charged it for 2hrs , then tested it with my semi auto .25cal airgun off the back porch , first time I've ever chronyed a airgun without getting at least 20% error readings , I love this thing , what a game changer , going to the range Thursday to test some handloads for the valkyrie , going to be so much easier to set up , no waiting for cold range to set up . Best 600 I've spent in a while.

IMG_7843.jpeg

Well I can confirm two things, my BB gun is shit and my brother is awesome. I was talking to him about getting one but an unexpected washer and dryer replacement put it on the back burner until I could sell my Magneeto and Labradar.

He tossed me the box today with a “Merry Christmas”, apparently he snagged it when it popped up at Cabela’s the end of last week. Now I can actually chrono his 30-06 subs since they are too quiet to trigger the Labradar.

Doing a bunch of load work ups this weekend so I will really be able to put it through its paces.

Can't wait to get it in hand and test it out.

I too have not really had any issue with my LR.

Yes, you have to aim it carefully. I would speculate that the reason that the LR has to be more carefully aimed than the Garmin is that the LR has a more narrow beam pattern which also supports capturing speeds down range...out to 100 yds depending on size of projectile.

Personally, I think Garmin made the right choice....ease of use and fuck downrange speeds and backing into BCs. I know, some people want to calculate BC from downrange speeds but I'm absolutely not one of them.

Also, I speculate that the reason that Garmin doesn't need a "trigger" at all is that its a constant "on" energy emitting radar while the LR is "triggered". Yes, you set the LR to be constant on....and watch it eat batteries (and power banks). I believe that due to LR's decision to capture downrange velocities, that it is a higher output radar. Also, LR has not taken advantage of the improvement of RF and signal processing components over the last 6-7 years while Garmin obviously has (look at size and battery consumption)

And yes, my LR will pick up other shooters from time to time. I shoot suppressed and use the Piet trigger. I wish that when you plugged in any sort of external trigger that the unit would then inhibit the acoustic internal trigger (which would solve most of the picking up other shooters shots issue) but they do not.

I do find it very easy to see on the app when you have an extraneous data point in the series. When you see ES going to 873 fps, look for an extraneous shot! haha They are easy to delete these shots from the series and suddenly ES/SD makes sense again. Only problem is the app sucks slimy dicks and will often lock up after deleting a shot (and a number of other actions...it really is an awful bit of software). You can, of course, delete a shot directly on the LR unit, but its not as easy to get to and find the offending shot.

Now, this is also not really an issue for me as I download my LR data csv file and open with excel. Then its very easy to clean up errant shot data and also very easy to calculate ES and SD in excel. So simple that a simpleton like me can do it.

With all this said, I do plan to get a Garmin...probably in the spring time....due to size and ease of use. Given that the used LR market is a bit flooded right now from people who just must have the latest/greatest chrono right NOW, I'll prob give my LR to my cousin.

I am getting a bit of a kick over people frantically searching for in-stock Garmins. Reminds me of women panic buying at a Macy's white sale. Me...yeah, I use a chrono for LD and to get data for ballistic calculators but its not a daily occurrence and I'm not inclined to get frantic about getting a Garmin immediately. But, I do understand that for some folks are gear heads and that being an early adopter of new stuff is part of their enjoyment of the sport.

To me, it looks like Garmin did a very good job on this chrono and LR has sat on its laurels. But, LR is really Infineon making and selling very high end doppler radar products and they seem to not have any interest in protecting and developing their consumer chrono market. So, Garmin jumped in and stomped on them. If LR doesn't do VERY significant upgrades to their product offering, they will (IMO) soon have no sales.

Wow, TLDR...my LR works fine but I will get a Garmin in the spring for some obvious reasons.

Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: AllenOne1
Above all else if you don’t want to read the previous 1400+ posts, the Xero is considered accurate.

View attachment 8261834

Look at us go, driving up stock prices.
Garmin rolled out Q3 earnings today which was strong and ahead of projections and showed growth of 14% vs prior year. Stuff investors like to see. I'd like to think that the launch of the Xero had something to do with this growth, but realistically it's too early and too small. They cite the "Fitness" segment as the biggest driver at 26%. In the "Outdoor" segment which includes the Xero, growth was 9% and primarily driven by "wearables" (think watches).

Reactions: Modoc
Garmin rolled out Q3 earnings today which was strong and ahead of projections and showed growth of 14% vs prior year. Stuff investors like to see. I'd like to think that the launch of the Xero had something to do with this growth, but realistically it's too early and too small. They cite the "Fitness" segment as the biggest driver at 26%. In the "Outdoor" segment which includes the Xero, growth was 9% and primarily driven by "wearables" (think watches).
I figured it was the earnings release but it was still funny that I was talking to my brother about the Garmin Xero and it popped up on my Garmin watch that Garmin stock hit a 52 Week High.

By the way my puppy looks adorable in Garmin.
IMG_7808.jpeg

Or ominous depending on the lighting,
IMG_7828.jpeg

Too cool...you gonna dress him up as a Xero next year?
Ya' know, I've used Garmin products for years, and they've been solid and CS has been outstanding. But I've always thought they were selling tech that was too susceptible to electronics obsolescence (does anyone use a dashboard GPS anymore?...and how much longer do their "wearables" have with the Apple watch thundering down their path?)
The release of the Xero gave me reason to do a little deeper dive into their bidness...and at first glance it looks strong. The Xero is an example of Garmin recognizing a need within their strengths and executing very well.
I've put GRMN on my watch list.

Too cool...you gonna dress him up as a Xero next year?
Ya' know, I've used Garmin products for years, and they've been solid and CS has been outstanding. But I've always thought they were selling tech that was too susceptible to electronics obsolescence (does anyone use a dashboard GPS anymore?...and how much longer do their "wearables" have with the Apple watch thundering down their path?)
The release of the Xero gave me reason to do a little deeper dive into their bidness...and at first glance it looks strong. The Xero is an example of Garmin recognizing a need within their strengths and executing very well.
I've put GRMN on my watch list.
Having owned and used both Garmin and Apple watches, Garmin is MUCH better.

Also, my MIL still uses a dashboard GPS 🤣

They've had to move into other types of products other than GPS's for vehicles since there's little or not need due to phones and autos having their own. They seem to be doing well at find various new product niches.

Here is my multi use, quick change solution. The RRS BC-18 I had laying around, I may remove it and just add another quick clamp to the nodal rail.

View attachment 8257550

It's unfortunate that the quick release plate that attaches to the Garmin doesn't conform to the ARCA-Swiss specification. While it will secure into your RRS clamp and my MPA clamp it will not into either of the two Area419 clamps I have.

It's unfortunate that the quick release plate that attaches to the Garmin doesn't conform to the ARCA-Swiss specification. While it will secure into your RRS clamp and my MPA clamp it will not into either of the two Area419 clamps I have.

Lever clamps or knobs? It works on any knob clamp I have (Leofoto, RRS, Area419, Sunwayfoto, random nodal rails..). My GrayOps lever clamp needs to be adjusted, but it'll work after.

Do you need an adapter for 1/4-20? You could buy one or make it in a few minutes with a drill and a tap. I remember making a wood plate with a nut sert for a bipod. Worked well enough that I haven't changed in out in three years. :D

Looking for a hard case zipper bag for mine, please share your finds. Looking for something that is tight just the garmin, nothing else.

Attachments

• IMG_4149.jpeg
    IMG_4149.jpeg
    629 KB · Views: 126