• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Garmin Xero C1 Pro chronograph

The xero would be outside of the setup instructions 5-15 inches from the muzzle. Have you tried this setup and did it pick up all the shots?
Not yet. Tomorrow I’ll use it for first time. Long term plan is to use a 200mm camera rail attached to rifle chassis ARC(on order). I’ll start first few shots as per Garmin’s setup instructions with tripod to baseline everything works then will try on the scope mount. I will be doing some positional shooting which is why I want it attached to rifle. Hoping scope mount works. Will report results.

If I have time I’ll try using the chrono down range behind some steel to see if it picks up

Reactions: LuvDog
Not yet. Tomorrow I’ll use it for first time. Long term plan is to use a 200mm camera rail attached to rifle chassis ARC(on order). I’ll start first few shots as per Garmin’s setup instructions with tripod to baseline everything works then will try on the scope mount. I will be doing some positional shooting which is why I want it attached to rifle. Hoping scope mount works. Will report results.

If I have time I’ll try using the chrono down range behind some steel to see if it picks up
I had mine mounted back by my scope, about 18-20" from muzzle. It dropped 2 shots but that could have been due to timing out or really bad overcast that moved in suddenly, I am not sure. But still, it only dropped 2 shots in 50ish+ shots. I have redone my mounting system to get it closer to the muzzle and will be running it with V3 and lab radar this week at some point to see the difference in numbers.

Reactions: Longtrajectory
Evergreen 56, took over a week to deliver so Amazon refunded me plus $15 extra. It’s a tight fit with the bigger tripod and arca on the bottom of the garmin but everything fits fine.

IMG_5897.jpeg

IMG_5896.jpeg

Midsouth Shooters Supply now has the Labradar on sale for $499.95

Midsouth liquidating or is Labradar making a pricing play to stay in the game?

My biggest issue with Labradar is you buy the unit but now you need a stand, a case, a trigger, so the price is not the price. Oh and it's big.

Reactions: frost1235

My biggest issue with Labradar is you buy the unit but now you need a stand, a case, a trigger, so the price is not the price. Oh and it's big.
My guess is within a few months as word of the Xero C1 spreads, LabRadars will be gathering dust on everyone's shelves. I wouldn't be surprised if we see blowout sales by the end of the year at close to 1/2 off.

Nah, looking at LR site, they haven't dropped the price at all. Still $625.

I imagine that Midsouth sees the writing on the wall.....sort of wondering what's going on in conference rooms at LR?

"Well, guys, there does indeed seem to be very serious consequences to our decision to not invest a single sou in continuing product improvement"

LOL

labgaydar is the new poor man’s chronograph

At about $350, with some accessories included, there may be a market

Magnetospeed will be affected as well. I can’t sell my V3 for $250 and it retails for over $400. As we approach $200 I’ll be inclined to keep it as backup or for the rare underground tunnel shooting days

One is none and two is one, I will be keeping my v3 and greyops mount, that unit has been too dependable and convenient to sell off. That said, my original gen1 magnetospeed will need to find a new home.

One is none and two is one, I will be keeping my v3 and greyops mount, that unit has been too dependable and convenient to sell off. That said, my original gen1 magnetospeed will need to find a new home.
Yeah I'm not getting rid of my v3 and mk mount (which I modified and made it really great). Never know when you might need it and for a few hundred bucks it's nice to have a really solid back up.

Reactions: mobius38
If I had a magneto, it would just go buried in a closet till needed. Labradar would get left at a public range with a note that says free taped to it.
But I never bothered with either, always waiting for the one. The one is here, and it's glorious.

Yeah I'm not getting rid of my v3 and mk mount (which I modified and made it really great). Never know when you might need it and for a few hundred bucks it's nice to have a really solid back up.
Same here. My MS V3 on the Wiser Precision carbon fiber mount has been solid. Just do not like the POI shift affect. Will hang onto it as backup for awhile. Don’t think I’d hang onto a LR if I had one.

Anybody have word on when @CSTactical shipment is to arrive?

As was discussed previously and personally with every single Garmin pre-order we have taken, we have given a November time frame before capturing payment and processing the order. We are only 8 days into this month and had one shipment and more on the way as we speak, I ask everyone to be patient as we will get them out there's out in order. We can't have 90+ people calling, emailing and messaging us everyday to ask when there's is shipping. Trust the process, we are doing our best to get everyone's orders out. I called over 90 people personally and that was not easy, we only have a few people working here and are doing our best. We got in big orders early which allowed us to do these pre-orders and capped it off at 100, very soon the list will be cut in half less than two weeks in.

Best regards,

Richard@CST
916-628-3490

Used my Xero for first time today. 56 rounds and missed none. FWIW Shooting 65CM with Berger 140 hybrid targets. 43.5gn H4350, Lapua SRP brass and CCI450’s. 50f-55f 3-5mph wind. I did some chrono correlation between MagnetoSpeed V3 & Xero, results:

Xero mounted on top of the scope:
  • Back of Xero was 30” from the face of the brake
  • Bottom of Xero was 5” above centerline of the bore
  • The scope cover partially blocked the back of the Xero as you can see in pic
  • Result was 12.3fps Ave delta with Xero being slower
Xero on tripod:
  • Back of Xero was 20” from face of brake
  • Xero was 6” from the chassis
  • Result was 10.0fps Ave delta with Xero being slower
Xero on tripod:
  • Back of Xero was 15” from face of brake
  • Xero was 5” from chassis
Was expecting closer correlation vs other MS<->Xero data that has been reported. What was interesting is the MS was recording speeds 10fps faster than what I expected for the load I was shooting. Xero correlated perfectly to data I was expecting. I’ve shot hundreds of rounds with the load I was shooting so I know the Xero’s numbers are correct. I need to triangulate with another Xero but I trust the Xero’s numbers.
IMG_2280.jpeg
IMG_2279.jpeg
IMG_2278.jpeg
IMG_2277.jpeg
IMG_2276.jpeg
IMG_2275.jpeg
IMG_2282.jpeg

Used my Xero for first time today. 56 rounds and missed none. FWIW Shooting 65CM with Berger 140 hybrid targets. 43.5gn H4350, Lapua SRP brass and CCI450’s. 50f-55f 3-5mph wind. I did some chrono correlation between MagnetoSpeed V3 & Xero, results:

Xero mounted on top of the scope:
  • Back of Xero was 30” from the face of the brake
  • Bottom of Xero was 5” above centerline of the bore
  • The scope cover partially blocked the back of the Xero as you can see in pic
  • Result was 12.3fps Ave delta with Xero being slower
Xero on tripod:
  • Back of Xero was 20” from face of brake
  • Xero was 6” from the chassis
Xero on tripod:
  • Back of Xero was 15” from face of brake
  • Xero was 5” from chassis
Was expecting closer correlation vs other MS<->Xero data that has been reported. What was interesting is the MS was recording speeds 10fps faster than what I expected for the load I was shooting. Xero correlated perfectly to data I was expecting. I’ve shot hundreds of rounds with the load I was shooting so I know the Xero’s numbers are correct. I need to triangulate with another Xero but I trust the Xero’s numbers.
View attachment 8267558View attachment 8267559View attachment 8267560View attachment 8267561View attachment 8267562View attachment 8267563View attachment 8267564
My own MS v3 vs Xero shows only about 3 fps difference.

Reactions: John Glidewell
Bear in mind the accuracy ratings of these devices.

Labrader lists its accuracy as being within 0.1%

Magnetospeed lists them as being 99.5-99.9% accurate.

Garmin lists it as being +/- .1% accurate.

To put that in perspective, 3000fps projectile at .1% has a SD of 3. So +/- 3 fps is to be expected. At least according to their rating. We all are familiar with how often ratings translate into real world.

I was pretty shocked to see that the Magnetospeed has such a wide rating.

Has Garmin said anything official about rating it for firearms recoil? I'd hate to mount it directly to an arca rail or something and then my warranty is denied due to that sort of damage.

Has Garmin said anything official about rating it for firearms recoil? I'd hate to mount it directly to an arca rail or something and then my warranty is denied due to that sort of damage.
I asked Garmin(in a chat) about this use model. This is their response:
“While Garmin did not specifically design or test the use of this product to be mounted to a rifle, aftermarket manufacturers have tested the device mounted to a variety of rifle calibers and the Xero® C1 Pro chronograph has worked without issue. Garmin does not warranty the product when used in a manner outside of the design content.”

Garmin states rifle mount application here:
Rifle mount usage

Reactions: Chris W.
“While Garmin did not specifically design or test the use of this product to be mounted to a rifle, aftermarket manufacturers have tested the device mounted to a variety of rifle calibers and the Xero® C1 Pro chronograph has worked without issue. Garmin does not warranty the product when used in a manner outside of the design content.”

Rifle mount usage
Hmm. That sounds like a no on the warranty.

Reactions: Kadams1563
Anyone transferred data to chronoplotter from the garmin yet? Haven't gotten the garmin yet, just wondering if it's even possible.

Someone in this post commented a while ago hearing about the Xero on a podcast. The developer of the device has used it on his rifle for a while and IIRC it was a heavier caliber.

FYI.
Just purchased at scheels. Spoke to sales rep and they said they had 30 units in stock. Chandler AZ location

Just place an order at Scheels (Chandler AZ) and it looks like more are in stock.
Thanks for the heads up. I got my order in online just hoping it does not cancel and I get a tracking number tomorrow. If it does cancel, I have one on back order at Midway but they are not shipping until mid December. I'll have some explaining to do to the wife if I end up with 2.

Reactions: Chris W.
Thanks for the heads up. I got my order in online just hoping it does not cancel and I get a tracking number tomorrow. If it does cancel, I have one on back order at Midway but they are not shipping until mid December. I'll have some explaining to do to the wife if I end up with 2.
Yeah, same with me for EuroOptic. been on Backorder since release date. I just go tracking info for mine at Scheel's today.

Anyone transferred data to chronoplotter from the garmin yet? Haven't gotten the garmin yet, just wondering if it's even possible.
Each session data can be exported as a CSV file as an attachment to an email. The whole process is archaic and I think Garmin will eventually do a software update to make this less tedious. It only exports one session as a time. So, I'll do multiple emails for my sessions and move each session into a single excel file as I like to organize my session by the day they were done along with the other related data.

Reactions: Twitch65
Just checked my order and it shows preparing to ship

Rifle mount usage
20 seconds into Garmin’s own product video it shows it rifle mounted. So per their own promo that’s an appropriate application.

20 seconds into Garmin’s own product video it shows it rifle mounted. So per their own promo that’s an appropriate application.
Reminds me of owning a Wrangler. Videos, literature, history, and culture says it’s an off road vehicle. Take it to the dealer for something.. umm sir did you take this off roading? 🙄

Yes I saw that LOL! Below is a snapshot from the Garmin product video😉. My 65CM rifle is 25lbs with little recoil. Gun featured in their video is a lighter weight gun that I’m sure recoils much more then a lot of PRS style guns like mine.
IMG_2287.jpeg

I guess I have wondered what prolonged recoil will do to the unit over time. Maybe Garmin has the same concerns and seeing that most of the community is going the mount route they don’t want an influx of warranty claims in the future. Hope they have confidence on their product.

Last edited:
Reactions: secondofangle2
I guess I have wondered what prolong recoil will do to the unit over time. Maybe Garmin has the same concerns and seeing that most of the community is going the mount route they don’t want an influx of warranty claims in the future. Hope they have confidence on their product.
With a 1/4” 20 thread mount they knew the Xero would end up on the rifle. With MagnetoSpeed being a direct mount, Xero not supporting direct mount would be a big competitive feature miss for Garmin.

Instead of a diving board mount I’ll be mounting my Xero on this: Arca mount
IMG_2289.jpeg

Last edited:
Well here is mine, I finally got around to fitting in a pelican case. Was super easy since it came with pick and pluck foam. Not much more to say, but good luck and enjoy.

Attachments

• IMG_4157.jpeg
    IMG_4157.jpeg
    720.2 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_4156.jpeg
    IMG_4156.jpeg
    874.7 KB · Views: 86
My outing today. Labradar and Xero were almost identical with ES of 3fps. The V3 was faster every time. Average of 7fps, ES of 12 fps faster than Xero. Did not miss a shot.

Attachments

• 20231109_160222.jpg
    20231109_160222.jpg
    641 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Reactions: Rocketvapor
My labradar sold today so I'm looking to get the garmin, anyone have any luck finding them in stock?

Reactions: secondofangle2
My labradar sold today so I'm looking to get the garmin, anyone have any luck finding them in stock?
Check out scheels. I purchased one today and just got notification that it has shipped. Said they had 30 in stock this morning.

Reactions: 7mm