• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Garmin Xero C1 Pro chronograph

In stock at Cabelas + 10% OFF code for club members makes it even better

Crap, I should have used activejunky as well - I'm always forgetting about it :(

I had one on order with Cabela's with ActiveJunky's discount, then Cabela's cancelled my order. I got to keep the ~$38 from AJ.

When I try to order from cabelas or bass pro is just tells me insufficient stock when I go to check out 🤷

When I try to order from cabelas or bass pro is just tells me insufficient stock when I go to check out 🤷

Same here. Looks like they are sold out on both ship to address and ship to store, as I tried both.

Showing limited stock on Bass Pro site right now. It let me put one in the cart, anyway. I did not order because I already have one.

Thank you, thank you! I hope I got the order in on time.
I hope so too, scheels is usually pretty good with this stuff though so I'm sure we will both get ours delivered.
Showing limited stock on Bass Pro site right now. It let me put one in the cart, anyway. I did not order because I already have one.
Yeah they will let you put it in the cart and everything but when I went to actually check out it said insufficient stock

What id like to know is how bad labradar is hurting right now and if they will eventually go out of business? If they dont drop their price point to around $450 I dont see them even being able to compete with garmin....and at $450 their profit margin would have to be extremely lean.

I dont feel bad for them though they have had years to innovate and update both their hardware and software and they chose not to. Their app problems are just embarrassing.

Reactions: Baron23
Yeah they will let you put it in the cart and everything but when I went to actually check out it said insufficient stock
Ugh. Oh well... I've been watching their site, and usually when it goes out of stock, they completely remove it from the site (as if they didn't exist - can't even find it in a Search). When it comes back in stock it magically reappears on the site. At least, that's the way they've been for the past couple of weeks. Weird.

I placed my order from Scheels yesterday and am receiving it today. Hard to beat that shipping speed. I'll have to work up some new loads to test it out.

Labradar just started their Holiday Sale with units for $499 through Dec 31.
Honestly I hope they release either a software update or a new product that makes things competitive. The market is better when there's realistic competition. Magnetospeed is a good product but it's limited in both mounting options and measurement capabilities. If they can figure out their hardware/software and improve customer service it would be great for everyone.

As was discussed previously and personally with every single Garmin pre-order we have taken, we have given a November time frame before capturing payment and processing the order. We are only 8 days into this month and had one shipment and more on the way as we speak, I ask everyone to be patient as we will get them out there's out in order. We can't have 90+ people calling, emailing and messaging us everyday to ask when there's is shipping. Trust the process, we are doing our best to get everyone's orders out. I called over 90 people personally and that was not easy, we only have a few people working here and are doing our best. We got in big orders early which allowed us to do these pre-orders and capped it off at 100, very soon the list will be cut in half less than two weeks in.

Best regards,

Richard@CST
916-628-3490

We are processing another 45 to ship out today and even more next week, please be patient with us since it's not a very quick process. We are doing our best to get these in and out to our customers as quickly as possible. I promise you will be notified when yours is on the way, having 20 people emailing daily about theirs takes time out from us trying to process orders. There is only a few of us here and as of today we are more than half way through the 100 we said we would deliver in November just 10 days in.

Honestly I hope they release either a software update or a new product that makes things competitive. The market is better when there's realistic competition. Magnetospeed is a good product but it's limited in both mounting options and measurement capabilities. If they can figure out their hardware/software and improve customer service it would be great for everyone.
They have had years to fix their App connectivity issues and it never happened

Reactions: secondofangle2
Yeah, understood. Doesn't mean a company can't improve. Garmin just lit a fire under their ass and they'll need to start swimming or sink.

I agree with this. Hopefully, this opens their eyes and they get a firmware/software release out. They sill offer the downrange readings which Garmin doesn't, so hopefully they actually start to care about keeping some part of the market and take advantage of whatever else is within the hardware capabilities and open it up via the app

Reactions: BurtG
LabGaydar is done. Stick a fork in them. Only the poors will buy them for $400 from now on, used or new, it doesn't matter

We are processing another 45 to ship out today and even more next week, please be patient with us since it's not a very quick process. We are doing our best to get these in and out to our customers as quickly as possible. I promise you will be notified when yours is on the way, having 20 people emailing daily about theirs takes time out from us trying to process orders. There is only a few of us here and as of today we are more than half way through the 100 we said we would deliver in November just 10 days in.

Well UPS decided that we were closed today for absolutely no reason at all, I've been here since 6:45am processing these orders and their shipments. We are extremely frustrated the 45 coming in today looks like they will come in on Monday, I've tried to get hold of our UPS Rep and their shitty customer service on their mainline with no luck. I would drive to the hub and pick it up myself if they would let me. I'm pretty pissed off right now to say the least. A total of 55 (Another 10 coming in) should be shipping on Monday if UPS doesn't screw up, we appreciate your patience and we are getting these orders out as fast as we are allowed.

-Richard

giphy.gif

Attachments

• IMG_0059.jpeg
    IMG_0059.jpeg
    272.1 KB · Views: 34
LabGaydar is done. Stick a fork in them. Only the poors will buy them for $400 from now on, used or new, it doesn't matter

I hope not.

I hope they make a next gen one that actually works and has a ton of new features.

We're on our way to 300 dollar ballistics dopplers that can give you velocity in 10 yard increments that correlate data from environmental meters in real time and allow you to sync all the data with your phone, computer or cloud as you go.

Reactions: BurtG and Chris W.
I hope not.

I hope they make a next gen one that actually works and has a ton of new features.

We're on our way to 300 dollar ballistics dopplers that can give you velocity in 10 yard increments that correlate data from environmental meters in real time and allow you to sync all the data with your phone, computer or cloud as you go.
Be careful posting this kind of content during work hours. Nearly popped a lap rocket.

How are we on our way to that utopia using Labradar as an example, given that their product has had zero improvements over eight years? Doesn’t seem like we’re on a *path to* anything other than stagnation

Last edited:
How are we on our way to that utopia using Labradar as an example, given that their product has had zero improvements over eight years? Doesn’t seem like we’re on a pastor, anything other than stagnation
Competition is the mother of innovation. Remember the 2010's era of smartphones? Where every 2 years getting a new phone was basically a generational leap. Now that the hardware and software has stagnated you could keep your smartphone for 4-5 years and not notice much difference in performance. Labradar was the only game in town for 8+ years and had no realistic competition for radar-based chrono's. I hope that they can come out with something price-competitive that will have more additional functionality than the Garmin, then Garmin will come out with new product....etc, etc, etc.

What reason, any, would someone buy a Lab Radar over a Garmin? Or even a MagnetoSpeed?

They only have 225 bucks?
*New.

One could argue the MS is cheaper but the LR appears to become irrelevant and a relic, as you pointed out, over night. I've been waiting for the warts of the Garmin to come out as it gets used more but there seems to be none. The Garmin wins on so many levels, it's obliviates the competition.

Got my grubby hands on one for $360. Needed a chrony but never found one that would work at indoor ranges.
It works but sometimes it'll start picking up other peoples shots so you gotta adjust the angle a bit.

Garmin has another product for golf that is very similar in size and functionality to the C1 Chrono. It's the R10.

It tracks the following for a player's swing/drive:

Total distance
Launch angle
Angle of attack
Apex height
Club face angle
Club path angle
Launch direction
Spin axis
Deviation distance
Club head speed
Ball speed
Spin rate
...and more

I think Garmin absolutely has the ability to track a bullet's total travel and provide down-range data. But might be a bit harder with a projectile traveling 3,000fps vs a golf ball.

Wow... Garmin also has a golf range finder that has image stabilization and gives wind speed/direction. The shooting industry needs to catch up...

Reactions: BurtG and Lesptr
Midsouth Shooters Supply now has the Labradar on sale for $499.95

Midsouth liquidating or is Labradar making a pricing play to stay in the game?

My biggest issue with Labradar is you buy the unit but now you need a stand, a case, a trigger, so the price is not the price. Oh and it's big.
I said this earlier too.

I have the Magnetospeed, LR, and the Garmin.

I'll still keep the MS, because it's reliable as hell. If I don't sell the labradar, I'll be shooting it. Fuck that company.

- It took YEARS to get a decently functioning app.

- You needed an aiming tool AND a trigger

- You needed a stand

- They hiked prices "because of covid." (Which studies and recent news have shown it was really just companies price gauging.)

The recent Instagram post won't allow you to even comment. Probably because years of pissed off customers are now catching up to them. Whatever, they got their money's worth. If anything, I hope to see the LR drop to $150 and still recommending a Magnetospeed over them.

Geez I’ve been out of the game (actually going to be selling stuff off bc I’m done with competitions ) but wow I might need to get one of these. The Labradar is near comical in size haha… durability testing will be the biggest question mark with the garmin.
Thank you all for sharing your impressions and chronograph comparisons and also honest feedback on the garmin.

Geez I’ve been out of the game (actually going to be selling stuff off bc I’m done with competitions ) but wow I might need to get one of these. The Labradar is near comical in size haha… durability testing will be the biggest question mark with the garmin.
Thank you all for sharing your impressions and chronograph comparisons and also honest feedback on the garmin.
Area 419 accidentally yeeted a LabRadar into one of theirs and it seemed to work afterwards to get the velocity of a LabRadar 🤣

Yep Garmin has been putting quite a bit more features/tech into a couple products the Golf product and also their Trap shooting product that have both been on the market for a couple years now. They include cameras, the ability to track a lot of metrics, connections to supporting devices, significantly more logging/stats etc. for the same price.

Then again, when you're selling products to a consumer base that's willing to spend $2000 for a tripod, $1000 for a bipod and $800 for a scope mount, and $200 for soft steel chassis weights, you'd have to be a business idiot to give them a ton of features for a reasonable price. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
10 more days and I’ll be at a month of ownership on the Xero as with many here that purchased it on or about release day . It has done what I needed it to do and accurately. I’ve load developed (number 1 reason for purchase) with it as well as took it to a major out of state team match. All I need is MV. But..but.. don’t you care about velocity down range? Nope. I true my data. I like to verify what the bullet is actually doing downrange.

With that said you’d be a fool to consider something else if you’re in the market for your first chrono or a replacement. I’ve yet to read someone absolutely hating the Xero after using it. Having kept up with this post since I started it, there have only been some minor glitches on a unit that was replaced under warranty and a user error on another that couldn’t get his to show MV.

Muzzle velocity has been a few FPS difference from MS and LR.

10 more days and I’ll be at a month of ownership on the Xero as with many here that purchased it on or about release day . It has done what I needed it to do and accurately. I’ve load developed (number 1 reason for purchase) with it as well as took it to a major out of state team match. All I need is MV. But..but.. don’t you care about velocity down range? Nope. I true my data. I like to verify what the bullet is actually doing downrange.

With that said you’d be a fool to consider something else if you’re in the market for your first chrono or a replacement. I’ve yet to read someone absolutely hating the Xero after using it. Having kept up with this post since I started it, there have only been some minor glitches on a unit that was replaced under warranty and a user error on another that couldn’t get his to show MV.

Muzzle velocity has been a few FPS difference from MS and LR.
I can't think of one time I used downrange speeds from my LR, I always trued my data at either 600/800yds. JMHO, but making a weak plea for added features to the point it picks your nose also gives me a chuckle. I also feel confident Garmin will take feedback to increase the useability based off other than, for example, PRS-like use cases.

Garmin also has an incredible hit on their hands and I suspect they're trying very had to get some additional manufacturing time from their suppliers to get more units out by Christmas. I originally had unit 536 and unit 37XX. If Garmin's initial sell was 4,000 units, and the cost to the dealers was $350 (my estimate not based on anything factual), then they just infused $1,400,000 in cash flow in 30-days.

Reactions: 021411
Magneto speeds for 150 bucks or maybe even 200 would be a valid competitor for the Garmin.

I have no idea what kind of hardware and software goes into a Doppler radar, but I know that two magnets attached to a screen can’t possibly cost more than $50 to manufacture

Viewed that way, the magneto speed at $400 has been a way bigger rip off than the lab radar

Garmin has another product for golf that is very similar in size and functionality to the C1 Chrono. It's the R10.

It tracks the following for a player's swing/drive:

Total distance
Launch angle
Angle of attack
Apex height
Club face angle
Club path angle
Launch direction
Spin axis
Deviation distance
Club head speed
Ball speed
Spin rate
...and more

I think Garmin absolutely has the ability to track a bullet's total travel and provide down-range data. But might be a bit harder with a projectile traveling 3,000fps vs a golf ball.

I've had the r10 for a year or so. It's exactly why I'm not interested in the zero. Hopefully tracking bullets is easier than golf balls, because the r10 doesn't work very well for me or the only other guy I know who has one. Sincerely, good luck with the new product from Garmin, I've not had luck with their golf equipment.

I've had the r10 for a year or so. It's exactly why I'm not interested in the zero. Hopefully tracking bullets is easier than golf balls, because the r10 doesn't work very well for me or the only other guy I know who has one. Sincerely, good luck with the new product from Garmin, I've not had luck with their golf equipment.
Perhaps this was a most ingenious rebranding of a failed product then...

Cuz it's working very well for what the shooting community needed