• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Garmin Xero C1 Pro chronograph

So my wife got the new material yesterday and cut me a new protector. I have to say it fit well and didn't change the screen brightness. I also realize that my screen protector installing skills really suck... I could never seem to get all the bubbles out.. but it makes it easier to see in the picture.
First picture is without
Second is with... If you can't tell from all the bubbles.
Third peeling off so you can see how thick it is.

Let me know what you guys think.
Thanks
Ray
Screen protectors are made, mailed out a few today.

It’s not worth anything.

Ammo rarely matches box numbers.

Need to chorizo your gun at low temp and high temp. Not input a off the wall number like what the box says

IMO fwiw
Yep,I fired my new Seekins PH2 6.5 PRC today. The Hornady 143 eldx box said 2960 for 24 inch barrel. Mine is 24 and running Ultra 7. Ammo was kept 70° in cooler (temp soak at 68° all night previous)

My avg. for 5 rounds was 2798.

Spoke w/ Hornday and the tech told me there is a + or - 60 fps tolerance lot to lot.

Seekins says the barrel will speed up around 40 rnds (which seems early).

Attachments

• IMG_5594.jpeg
    IMG_5594.jpeg
    555.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_5582.jpeg
    IMG_5582.jpeg
    471.7 KB · Views: 27
Weight105.6 g without tripod 161 g with tripod
How the heck does this thing weigh only 105g...
oh and the tripod... is 55gr ... :LOL::ROFLMAO:

WTF.

ETA: 57g, comparable size...

1702956302869.png

Last edited:
Yep,I fired my new Seekins PH2 6.5 PRC today. The Hornady 143 eldx box said 2960 for 24 inch barrel. Mine is 24 and running Ultra 7. Ammo was kept 70° in cooler (temp soak at 68° all night previous)

My avg. for 5 rounds was 2798.

Spoke w/ Hornday and the tech told me there is a + or - 60 fps tolerance lot to lot.

Seekins says the barrel will speed up around 40 rnds (which seems early).
Man those are almost Creedmoor numbers for a 24” with a can - I’d bet that the rifle will speed up substantially after 100 rounds or so. 40 sounds a little optimistic / sporty.

Tried mine out today. So intuitive and easy to use. Told me how slow my (plinking/blasting) hand loads were too 😂

Reactions: Emerson0311
Man those are almost Creedmoor numbers for a 24” with a can - I’d bet that the rifle will speed up substantially after 100 rounds or so. 40 sounds a little optimistic / sporty.
So I purchased another box of the 143 Eld-x Precision Hunter and it averaged 2889 fps! That’s 90 fps difference lot to lot! 😳 Pretty shocking for “match grade ammo”……

So I expect the barrel to pick up more speed as it breaks in.

Attachments

• IMG_5608.jpeg
    IMG_5608.jpeg
    368.6 KB · Views: 22
Used mine for the first time today. Shot an AK over it just because, picked up all 6 shots no issues. Swapped to my 6 ARC gas gun and shot 10. Again not a single missed shot. Grabbed my 338 Edge and same result from 6 shots. Tossed it in a Nanuk 904 case with a custom insert.
Been looking at this insert from Panda, how "snug" does it fit in the Nanuk? Thanks

Actually yes. I usually run my hand loads. That’s next. I might have suspected that old magnetospeed relic but the recoil was definitely stronger. I remember shooting the first box thinking that the recoil felt like my 6.5 cm.

The good news is that my Garmin Xero is FINALLY en route! Got a screaming deal but had to wait.

With any luck, I have dealt with that @$@&# Magnetospeed strap system for the last freaking time! I am passing that headache onto my best friend….😎

IMG_4054.jpeg

Reading through this thread is interesting. Users asked for specific changes like a shot total. Then, I watched updates push through those changes in real time. Whomever at Garmin interfacing between the users and developers, thank you. Hardware aside, this is the difference between Garmin and everything else on the market.

Ordered one today and it already shipped. I’m pumped. I’ve had magnetospeed since they came out. I hate that damn thing. The PX is already flooded with them. I won’t be able to give this turd away.

Reactions: Lilsnoop
I'll pick up a Garmin but no way I am getting rid of my Magnetospeed. Just plain works and I trust it. Always good to have a back up. Will probably dump that Labradar I took in as a partial trade eventually when the feeding frenzy for Garmins wears off.

Reactions: 427Cobra and FALex
I'll pick up a Garmin but no way I am getting rid of my Magnetospeed. Just plain works and I trust it. Always good to have a back up. Will probably dump that Labradar I took in as a partial trade eventually when the feeding frenzy for Garmins wears off.

I have all 3 now.. they both have years of use. They all work.. I'll give one to a friend and keep one as a spare.

But nothing comes close to this garmin... no strapping on, no aiming, no messing with settings, no wires.. you turn it on, and set it next to your rifle. No aiming or anything. Works every single time.

Today was the first time I utilized the data from my garmin to shoot at distance. 300, 400 and 635yd. Was dead on using the velocity in my kestrel.

Reactions: BurtG and Rob01
They are out of stock everywhere i look. Wife wants to buy me one for christmas.

Buy today and it will ship on 12/28.

Scheels is showing these in stock now. Order limit of 2 so maybe they have a few.
Great tip ... just bought mine from there (shows available and in-stock) ... and cancelled my Garmin order that had said it would be shipping in "February". I "HATE" waiting for new toys !!!

Reactions: scotner
Great tip ... just bought mine from there (shows available and in-stock) ... and cancelled my Garmin order that had said it would be shipping in "February". I "HATE" waiting for new toys !!!
I was going to buy from them, but they charge tax. I got mine from PRSTF for $599 shipped.

Reactions: ncfireman83
My Garmin is out for delivery today! Praise the old gods and the new!

I rarely disagree with you Rob but I hate my magnetospeed so much that I gave it away. Hope my best friend doesn’t end up hating me for giving him that abortion. He doesn’t reload and rarely chronos, so it should work fine for him.

Reactions: Rob01
I rarely disagree with you Rob but I hate my magnetospeed so much that I gave it away. Hope my best friend doesn’t end up hating me for giving him that abortion. He doesn’t reload and rarely chronos, so it should work fine for him.

Yup everyone has their own opinions on all the gear we use. I am sure there are things I hate that others like. Never had any issues with the Magnetospeed personally. Been using it for years now and why I trust it. Glad you got a Garmin to replace it and hopefully your buddy doesn't hate you. LOL

Reactions: Holliday
Pita to set up

Throws off poi

If you over tighten it , it bends the ears then when you put it on a grey ops mount, it passes the rod rest but is angled and you get a strike

Buy today and it will ship on 12/28.

Thank you! I just ordered from them.

Reactions: giumau1
The setup does appear to be busy but I suspect you utilized Feng Shui putting it together. 😎 cool!!!

View attachment 8303881

It's really not busy at all. Slides on the ARCA and tighten down. Just bumped up next to the bipod which makes it look like more than it is. Front goes up and down and back to set it up. Takes a minute or two. It's very adjustable. The Wiser Precision crew did a good job making it. Not small and simple like the Garmin but has also been out a lot longer and still works even after the Garmin was introduced. LOL

It's really not busy at all. Slides on the ARCA and tighten down. Just bumped up next to the bipod which makes it look like more than it is. Front goes up and down and back to set it up. Takes a minute or two. It's very adjustable. The Wiser Precision crew did a good job making it. Not small and simple like the Garmin but has also been out a lot longer and still works even after the Garmin was introduced. LOL
Don't get me wrong ... it's a beautiful rig ... just seems like a lot hanging off the end of the rifle. To each his own ... eh?