• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Garmin Xero C1 Pro chronograph

Don't get me wrong ... it's a beautiful rig ... just seems like a lot hanging off the end of the rifle. To each his own ... eh?

That's all it does is hang there. Not a lot of stuff. Just the arca attachment, carbon fiber rod and the Bayonet. Just keeps it from touching the barrel and effecting harmonics. You can set it on there and shoot all day with no effect on the rifle at all. Can use for long and short barrels. Edited to add pic below.

But as you said to each his own.

E902D437-1355-4536-8A98-9934E5B7BD23.jpeg

That's all it does is hang there. Not a lot of stuff. Just the arca attachment, carbon fiber rod and the Bayonet. Just keeps it from touching the barrel and effecting harmonics. You can set it on there and shoot all day with no effect on the rifle at all. Can use for long and short barrels. Edited to add pic below.

But as you said to each his own.

View attachment 8304121
I also have this setup and it performs very, very well. The one issue I have with it is that when shooting more than one gun at a range, it's a bit of a hassle making adjustments to a different gun that has different barrel and/or different attachments to the muzzle, etc. Because of that one issue, I now also have the Garmin, which is incredibly easy to just turn on, push button a couple times and off I go. However, getting the data to my computer (I record everything on a spreadsheet) is a bit of a hassle with the Garmin and MSv3 is much better in this regard.

Getting the data to the computer is as you say a hassle. First I have to export the csv file from the Xero C1 to my phone. Then send an e-mail with the csv file to my pc. Then convert the csv file to xlsx format. I have written a script to convert the csv file to xlsx format with the formatting I would like to implement, but still it's quite some work. Have tried the *.fit file way of doing it, but it's even worse. You can get the Garmin to connect with bluetooth to your PC. But you can't share data with it. I guess the csv converting is done on the phone. What the Xero C1 should do was creating a csv file on it's HDD. That way you could transfer it with USB cable to your PC.

Reactions: straightshooter1
We shot today from the heated room. Abrupt weather change. My buddy here with his .300 black out. I was concerned shooting out that small window with the ledge and all. The Xero didn’t skip a beat or miss a shot…..

IMG_5703.jpeg

Getting the data to the computer is as you say a hassle. First I have to export the csv file from the Xero C1 to my phone. Then send an e-mail with the csv file to my pc. Then convert the csv file to xlsx format. I have written a script to convert the csv file to xlsx format with the formatting I would like to implement, but still it's quite some work. Have tried the *.fit file way of doing it, but it's even worse. You can get the Garmin to connect with bluetooth to your PC. But you can't share data with it. I guess the csv converting is done on the phone. What the Xero C1 should do was creating a csv file on it's HDD. That way you could transfer it with USB cable to your PC.
I bluetooth the csv file directly to my Mac from the app, then open in Numbers. The attached is what that looks like. Pretty easy. Plus excel will open the CSV file directly, which also looks the same.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-25 at 6.47.28 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-25 at 6.47.28 AM.png
    219.3 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
I bluetooth,the csv file directly to my Mac, then open in Numbers. The attached is what that looks like. Pretty easy. Plus excel will open the CSV file directly, which also looks the same.
Yeah, that's fine and easy enough for a single sessions. But when you have multiple "sessions" (like when one is doing OCW testing plus more than one gun), having to "bluetooth" each csv session file separately is a hassle. We should be able to select all the sessions we want to download and do it all in one "bluetooth" download operation. ;)

Last edited:
Yeah, that's fine and easy enough for a single sessions. But when you have multiple "sessions" (like when one is doing OCW testing plus more than one gun), having to "bluetooth" each csv session file separately is a hassle. We should be able to select all the sessions we want to download and do it all in on "bluetooth" download operation. ;)
... or better yet ... add a slot for a SD card. At that point, with data on the card, everything is instantly portable to my PC.

... or better yet ... add a slot for a SD card. At that point, with data on the card, everything is instantly portable to my PC.
I wouldn't be surprised if Garmin comes out with a new model of the Xero with that feature sometime in the not so near future. Until then, it's should be an easy software upgrade to make things easier.

I wouldn't be surprised if Garmin comes out with a new model of the Xero with that feature sometime in the not so near future. Until then, it's should be an easy software upgrade to make things easier.

You don't need the SD card slot! If you plug in the USB cable from Xero to PC, it will show the disk drive with folders and files. The "problem" is that the Xero saves just FIT files. The Phone software converts from FIT to CSV. So, Garmin only needs to implement the file converter on the Xero from FIT to CSV.

Xero_Drive.png

Last edited:
Well Santa came through. What are y’all using for small cases? I’d like one to protect it and just large enough to fit the garmin, area 419 rail (unmounted), factory tripod, and maybe a backup battery.

Reactions: CEO10KaDAY
You don't need the SD card slot! If you plug in the USB cable from Xero to PC, it will show the disk drive with folders and files. The "problem" is that the Xero saves just FIT files. The Phone software converts from FIT to CSV. So, Garmin only needs to implement the file converter on the Xero from FIT to CSV.

View attachment 8305532
Try opening the FIT file directly in Excel or Notepad?

Maybe someone mentioned this in these 2000+ posts, but there’s some Fit to CSV converters out there:
Problem is, I have tried 50-100 converters. No luck so far. The FIT format contains a lot of data not implemented in the Xero. So the phone app has special settings that performs the transformation. But Garmin knows how to...

BTW, here is a zipped FIT file. (unpack file before trying to convert it). If you can get it converted as readable CSV file please add the link to the site/software.

Attachments

• 12-16-2023_12-00-49.zip
    455 bytes · Views: 23
Last edited:
I think v3.19 is a little buggy. Had the Xero reset itself once after the first shot of a new string. Only happened once at the range. I looked in the Xero FB group and it seems like I’m not the only one. Zero issues with previous updates..

Reactions: NiteQwill
I think v3.19 is a little buggy. Had the Xero reset itself once after the first shot of a new string. Only happened once at the range. I looked in the Xero FB group and it seems like I’m not the only one. Zero issues with previous updates..
3.19 gives me connection issues. It is intermittent with the phone vs ALWAYS ON prior to upgrade. Android, latest OS, etc.

Reactions: 021411
Problem is, I have tried 50-100 converters. No luck so far. The FIT format contains a lot of data not implemented in the Xero. So the phone app has special settings that performs the transformation. But Garmin knows how to...

BTW, here is a zipped FIT file. (unpack file before trying to convert it). If you can get it converted as readable CSV file please add the link to the site/software.
Can you share what you get when you use the app to convert it to a csv? Looking at the Garmin SDK as well as another tool to see about processing the new message types that the Xero is using. Would be good to see your resulting CSV to double check any data conversions I try or find are correct.

The Garmin SDK works, but it's not what I'm looking for. A web or exe tool would be faster and easier for most to use. Here is a Garmin csv file generated by the Iphone app.

Attachments

• session_1703518132.zip
    461 bytes · Views: 42
The Garmin SDK works, but it's not what I'm looking for. A web or exe tool would be faster and easier for most to use. Here is a Garmin csv file generated by the Iphone app.
We're on same page. I wouldn't expect people to use SDK for this. The SDK can 'read' the file but has no info on the data definition, field types or value types for the file you shared. With looking more to see how they map and the value types then a simple tool can be made.

I know we’re making jokes about guys that have never had another chronographs, but in all seriousness, you guys will never appreciate the Garmin, like we veterans of other chronographs do…..lol

It’s probably like an Amish fella that used a horse and buggy his whole life, leaving the Amish community and getting his first brand new pick up truck.
No joke. In my early days of reloading (16) I managed to bust up 2 shooting crony’s with my 300 wby. I thought I hit it big when I got a pact. But damn you could only use it when the sun was out and you could get a good shadow.

Then I got a magneto speed which I loved except for the damn strap. In 6 years i only damaged 1 bayonet and the bullet barely touched it.

Never got a Labradar because I had friends that had them and they would bitch about getting them aimed, the cost, etc.

I can’t wait to use my new C1. It seems like the perfect chrono for me. Hopefully I can give it a try later this week.

No joke. In my early days of reloading (16) I managed to bust up 2 shooting crony’s with my 300 wby. I thought I hit it big when I got a pact. But damn you could only use it when the sun was out and you could get a good shadow.

Then I got a magneto speed which I loved except for the damn strap. In 6 years i only damaged 1 bayonet and the bullet barely touched it.

Never got a Labradar because I had friends that had them and they would bitch about getting them aimed, the cost, etc.

I can’t wait to use my new C1. It seems like the perfect chrono for me. Hopefully I can give it a try later this week.
It is. I have done the same transition as you. Using a chrono with sunshade seems only now days.

The magneeto speed was a huge upgrade for me but always a pain when trying to do pistols or short barreled rifles.

The Garmin is so damn easy. If I could afford it then I would absolutely sell a pistol or two to get one. Yes it’s that good.

Did some 100yd shooting with the Vudoo yesterday. Decided to let the Garmin run for 100 rounds. Never missed a beat 👌🏼

Attachments

• IMG_9112.png
    IMG_9112.png
    347.6 KB · Views: 50
Anybody got info on battery life? Is it like the Labradar where you pretty much have to use it connected to a USB power block if you want to shoot more than 30 minutes? Or can you actually spend a day with it and recharge at the end of the day? Other question ... is it a "fixed" battery internal and unchangable, or does it use batteries that can be removed for recharging? Mine comes Friday, and I was just "pre-curious" about battery life.

Anybody got info on battery life? Is it like the Labradar where you pretty much have to use it connected to a USB power block if you want to shoot more than 30 minutes? Or can you actually spend a day with it and recharge at the end of the day? Other question ... is it a "fixed" battery internal and unchangable, or does it use batteries that can be removed for recharging? Mine comes Friday, and I was just "pre-curious" about battery life.
You can shoot quite a while until it has to charge up again. It’s a “fixed” battery.
Mentioned way early in this thread worst case you can source a battery pack off Amazon and swap it yourself. It’s plug and play. And yes if you want to you can run an external battery pack but this isn’t a LabRadar.

Reactions: Zip Detmer
I made three range trips - about 4 hours a piece. Had the Garmin on and used it the entire time, still had more than 50% battery life. The battery is internal and you can plug and external battery to it (USB-C) but I don’t think you will need to. Great product.

I haven't charged mine since October. Shot a few matches, practice, and general range session. My app says I've done 35 sessions.

Last edited:
Reactions: cp4895 and Ichi
I made three range trips - about 4 hours a piece. Had the Garmin on and used it the entire time, still had more than 50% battery life. The battery is internal and you can plug and external battery to it (USB-C) but I don’t think you will need to. Great product.
You can extend the run time on a single charge by remembering to place the session on “Pause” when you aren’t actually shooting. Of course you also have to remember to “Resume” the session when you get ready to shoot again!

Reactions: Capt45
When I was stationed at Eielson AFB outside of Fairbanks, we used Dutch doors, so you could shoot standing or from prone and not let all the warm air out. Better, I think, than the window solution.

We shot today from the heated room. Abrupt weather change. My buddy here with his .300 black out. I was concerned shooting out that small window with the ledge and all. The Xero didn’t skip a beat or miss a shot…..

View attachment 8305061

Reactions: Holliday
A few left unpaid for and they will ship to you this week! Hit the pre-order, if you can buy it you'll have one soon!

Garmin Xero C1 Pro Chronograph $599.99

Nice. My longest string to date has been 70 also with a rimfire. Zero missed.
I missed some 22 on my first outing because I shot too fast. I was used to the magnetospeed that would pick up quick fire. One plus for the MS I suppose, but not needed in my case as long as I remember to slow down. Most of my chrono needs are bolt action.

Reactions: straightshooter1
IMG_20231218_101411438_HDR.jpg

This was the worst spread I saw between the three. All the units we've seen next to the big Doppler head have been within 6fps. Averages for strings of fire within 1-2 fps of each other and the big head

Reactions: Coyote777
When I was stationed at Eielson AFB outside of Fairbanks, we used Dutch doors, so you could shoot standing or from prone and not let all the warm air out. Better, I think, than the window solution.
Yes much better! This room was set up by older bench shooters. The benches are permanent and L shaped, which is an abomination to me. I just can’t lean sideways to get on my rifle for group teating. I have to get square behind it, which puts me on the end of the L. Then my muzzle won’t go out the window, like it’s supposed to. So I almost never shoot in there. I just brave the cold and bring a cooler for my ammo, to keep it warm for testing. I grew up working outside Maine so fortunately I’m pretty hearty.

The main “cold area” used to protect us from wind, but when they rebuilt it, they got the bright idea to put a bunch of pneumonia holes on the back wall to let the wind through. This is what happens when board members and a builder play engineer….ugh ! Now the snow blows in as well as the wind, where before, we had pretty good protection in there.

The old building would lift a little when the wind blew hard, but that was because it wasn’t strapped down, the new building is built well and strapped down. If you look at the building from the end, what they’ve done by putting those holes in, is actually created a “wing” out of the roof structure. It’s the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever seen. But, like talking about the 280AI, one should not confuse reason, with near religious cultism. Attempts to get them to reconsider their designs, are not met well. 🤠

Reactions: themightytimmah
Wow ... good for you. Where'd you get that discount?
It’s been discussed earlier in the thread. Pewpew was offering a discount code at the end of Oct for early December fulfillment.

They overextended themselves and got in trouble with Garmin. People who were early to the party got theirs on time. People like me who were late are still waiting.

Reactions: JB.IC and Modoc