• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Garmin Xero C1 Pro chronograph

The Xero csv exports from the ShotView app do not include the caliber or the projectile weight.

Also if you rename the session and then export the data, the new session name is not included in the csv export.

Garmin needs to fix this.

View attachment 8326706

Actually I found that on my iphone, I can change the name of the saved file when I am exporting it.

However that being said, it was very tedious to export. After that experience, I am going to give the utility written by ZenEffect a shot.

Actually I found that on my iphone, I can change the name of the saved file when I am exporting it.

However that being said, it was very tedious to export. After that experience, I am going to give the utility written by ZenEffect a shot.
You are correct. But if you have already renamed the session, Garmin should at least export the new name of the session. They could easily include the new name as another line in the csv file.

Along with the weight of the projectile...

I’m #35715 so it will probably be another month but who’s to say. It’s not like communicate with their customers or respond to emails.

Here is mine in it's case with tripod, extra battery pack and charging cables.

IMG_0383 (1).jpg

Reactions: southernpew
Pelican 1200. The Garmin is so small, there’s almost too much room in this little case.

IMG_2351.jpg

Order from PPS arrived today. Thank you PPS
Still worth the wait for me (weather is not good for shooting)

Now to figure out what kind of Gucci case to get for it

Reactions: AllenOne1
Anyone else's C1 now picking up other people's shots since the last update?

Never has mine done this even once before today. However while shooting pistol today I was watching it "analyze shot" between my rounds. His were a higher FPS, and my round count was off.

Every piece of equipment gets a pass first time something like this happens. I just really hope it's a one off.

@TommyD11730
Could you estimate muzzle position relative to the C1 , and distance to adjacent shooter?
This thing does have a wide pick up angle, which makes it easy to aim but some have mentioned it picks up their shots almost a yard from their muzzle.

I haven't updated mine yet and it tries to read adjacent shots in an indoor pistol bay. It wasn't able to but it does the "number wheel" when a shot is fired and keeps it from reading my shots.

I’m having issues transferring logs to the app. I’ve did everything short of a factory reset

@TommyD11730
Could you estimate muzzle position relative to the C1 , and distance to adjacent shooter?
This thing does have a wide pick up angle, which makes it easy to aim but some have mentioned it picks up their shots almost a yard from their muzzle.
He was to my right, 90 degrees, I would say 10-15 Feet away. Outdoors 40's and pretty dark/overcast.

I haven't updated mine yet and it tries to read adjacent shots in an indoor pistol bay. It wasn't able to but it does the "number wheel" when a shot is fired and keeps it from reading my shots.
Yes, that's what mine used to do. I didn't pay it much mind till I noticed the shot count/FPS variable.

I got mine a few weeks ago and love it. Especially useful when a few buddies need MV and now I dont have to spend an hour strapping and re-strapping it on ppls rifles. Can also do load development without worrying about the Magnetospeed changing my POI.

Has anyone notice a difference in speed when the Garmin isn’t lined up with the direction of the barrel? If I shoot at about a 7 degree angle above the Garmin it shows about 25fps difference in velocity and the velocities are all over the place.

You are pointing the barrel 7 degrees off the direction of the Garmin?
The Cosine of 7 degrees is 0.992, 0.8% error built in.
Your velocities are probably around 3000fps?

The bullet needs to travel in the beam and in the direction of the radar beam, at least for a few yards or the Doppler shift measured won't be stable enough for a good reading.

Has anyone notice a difference in speed when the Garmin isn’t lined up with the direction of the barrel? If I shoot at about a 7 degree angle above the Garmin it shows about 25fps difference in velocity and the velocities are all over the place.
Doesn't the unit display alignment instructions?

Doesn't the unit display alignment instructions?
it does, just an observation that if it’s not aligned right you will get erratic numbers

Here is mine in it's case with tripod, extra battery pack and charging cables.

View attachment 8334135

Pelican 1200. The Garmin is so small, there’s almost too much room in this little case.

IMG_2351.jpg
Orders small form factor chrono that biggest benefit is being small, compact and transportable and proceeds to put into a case bigger than a Labradar...................

Interesting dilema; I got the Garmin Xero C1 from FedX about an hour ago from PPS. Problem is this; I originally ordered a Garmin in Oct 2023; PPS cancelled my order and refunded my money. I bought a Unit from CS Tactical and got in in a couple of weeks.
Fast forward to today and this shows up, my CC hasn't been charged so I try to get ahold of PPS; can't find a phone number. I did email and they responded with a RMA label.
I think I'll keep this and give it to my other brother and have PPS just charge my CC and avoid having to ship the thing back.
I have a clear conscience either way. Could have kept it and not said anything.

• Haha
Reactions: Holliday and JB.IC
Think it’ll make it to the range ok where I’ll strap it onto my gun or knock it onto the concrete when my wife calls and I have to unholster my phone in the otterbox indestructible from under my jelly roll?
IMG_5651.jpeg

Think it’ll make it to the range ok where I’ll strap it onto my gun or knock it onto the concrete when my wife calls and I have to unholster my phone in the otterbox indestructible from under my jelly roll?
View attachment 8337746
Needs to be bigger! $600 needs way more protection

I got it now. What about a case, in a case, in a case? Matryoshka Doll protect that shit.
While researching the Xero and waiting for it to restock, I was set on getting a Pelican case and an Arca side mount. But the more I thought about it, I didn't see the harm of testing out a cheap Amazon zippered semi rigid case and using just the tripod.

It's been 2 months and 6 range trips and I haven't had a single scratch on the Xero and it fits perfectly next to my Kestrel in my range ruck sack.

The tripod is so easy to deploy and align that I never used the Arca rail mount.
There my be unique situations where a hard case and the rail mount could be useful but for me, a beginner reloader and occasional PRS/NRL Hunter shooter, i didn't end up using/needing either.

Try the $11 Amazon semi rigid zippered case and the tripod before upgrading accessories, it just might save you some $ but more importantly weight and space.

YMMY, happy shooting.