• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Garmin Xero C1 Pro chronograph

Case came out pretty good from the SLS printer.

Tested it with my 22cal air rifle and even with the case fully covering the muzzle size of the chronograph, I don't notice any degradation in sensitivity or accuracy, still need to do some more testing when I can get to the range but it's looking promising.

Made a listing for pre-orders, should start shipping next week.

1707771376353.png
1707771396054.png

1707770657253.png

Last edited:
I appreciate you taking the time to test and post your results, off a friggin' tire, in the snow and in temps that were probably -5c! I have a Garmin and an SQi and would also be interested if you had a chance to get results from the Andi. Keep up the good work Brother!
Thank you :)
I think it was about -15C 😁

Does any one know how far out the Xero picks up and reads the bullet? Garmin says between 0 and 20 yards but won't get any more specific than that.

Saw some comments questioning if it was a good idea to be mounting these directly to a rifle due to potential issues with recoil impacting the electronics. Has anyone gotten any feedback on this directly from Garmin?
Thanks to everyone for all of the great feedback here!

So, I've had my Garmin since November and have used it for close to 1000 rds from 6.5prc down to 22lr. I've had it mounted on an arca rail on my rifle about 98% of the time, it's on a nodal 180mm rail from amazon. I've been noticing it's been missing shots when mounted it seems like it's about 1 in 10 shots it will miss one. One of my buddies has the grey ops attachment and has noticed the same thing with missing shots. Has anyone else noticed this happening with the Garmin when mounted?

Saw some comments questioning if it was a good idea to be mounting these directly to a rifle due to potential issues with recoil impacting the electronics. Has anyone gotten any feedback on this directly from Garmin?
Thanks to everyone for all of the great feedback here!
This is Garmins reply...

Take from that what you will

1000002642.jpg

Reactions: LRShooter101
One of my buddies has the grey ops attachment and has noticed the same thing with missing shots. Has anyone else noticed this happening with the Garmin when mounted?
Yes, particularly with longer barrels and suppressors getting in the way of the devise's view. Mounting on a longer arm helps, but it still work best (zero missed shots for me) when placed in the 10" box Garmin recommends.

I interpret the Garmin position box as a line from 5" offset/5" setback to
15" offset/15" setback.
That puts the muzzle at about 45 degrees off the axis of the radar beam.
Clearly out of the detection/blocking zone.
5 inch offset, 15" setback would put the muzzle about 20 degrees off the axis of the beam.
Getting kind of iffy.
With a suppressor, distance from the muzzle obstruction (straight line difference between radar beam and clear view,
can be 2". A 2" clear view offset, and 15" back would be about 8 degrees.
That could be limiting downrange radar signal strength, and bullet return signal strength.
Might work, might not.

With the Garmin picking up bullet returns within a couple yards of the muzzle, clear view probably matters.
BTW, LARGE targets, walls, berms can send back returns much larger than a speeding bullet.
Thus the 20 yard clearance for large radar reflectors.

Had to quote the whole Caboodle to get a meaning how to.
As long as there is no better solution using a batch file will make it easier than not using it. I have created a "custom" batch file that will let you choose the filename of the FIT file that is converted to CSV format and saved. I will include the code used in the file, but for safety it's as a text file. You have to copy the text into a batch file to get it working. I'm still looking for a better solution.

Added a picture of the code as well.

code.png

So, Ben FIT has replied on the Garmin Developer forum. So, now you need to upgrade to the last SDK version.
Link: https://developer.garmin.com/fit/download/
Install V21.133 or a higher.
Create a bat file on your computer. Code:
FIT_CSV.png

Or, download the FITtoCSV.txt and rename it to *.bat
Drag the FIT file and release it over the bat file. Choose a filename and CSV file will be created.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• FITtoCSV.txt
    365 bytes · Views: 21
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Rob01

Not sure why it's reformatting my link. I can't click on it once saved. Are you guys able to click the link? Fixed.
Haoge 140mm Nodal Slide Double Dovetail Focusing Rail Plate with Metal Quick Release Clamp for Camera Panoramic Panorama Close Up Macro Shoot fit Arca Swiss RRS Benro Kirk https://a.co/d/2BQmLqV

Go search this on Amazon

Camera Rail Nodal Slide 150mm Quick Release Plate Clamp Compatible with Arca Swiss Tripod for DSLR Tripod Monopod Ball Head for Panoramic Close-up Photography​

I got the 200mm version as I wanted to make sure it's long enough.

Check out this cheap ass case! No it's not bigger than a Labradar or cost $200 so it's not cool but it's functional for a cheap bastard like myself. LOL An old EO Tech case a buddy gave me years ago, some old foam from an old rifle case and about 10 min with a razor knife. BAM! That just happened! LOL

72989052272__871D07E1-DA71-41FD-9BB5-B0B4ADEA6121.jpg

Caught a glimpse of it on a YouTubers Gap Grind video. Looks pretty nice. Anyone know more about it?

I have one and love it. It doesn't give velocity vs distance like some, but it is so small and so easy to use I end up using it almost every time I go to the range so I get more complete data vs conditions. It literally fits in a jacket pocket. Just pull it out, set it near the muzzle, turn on the unit and open the app and go. The app keeps a record of all your shots every time you shoot - no bookkeeping required. Super easy. I haven't checked it for accuracy against my other chronos because from what I have read in the accuracy reviews it is quite accurate. Only thing that would be better is velocity vs distance so you can tune the drag model without shooting multiple distances out to 1,000+, but nothing that does that is as easy to use as far as I know.

I think there's still a few unanswered questions. Possible protective case solutions? 🥸

The whole reason I want one is so I can put it in the pocket of my range bag and always have it with me. So the whole big case thing puzzles me.

Though even in a small case, it'll be smaller than what's in the pocket now. :)

MKIV-XP-angled-2400.jpg

Well, used to a Oehler 35P makes the case look as a small nugget. (Not to mention LabRadar)
And, if I go shooting Long Range in the mountains, I just put the Xero C1 in my pocket, well protected with the Cole-TAC cover...

Reactions: Modoc
I asked about the Garmin so here you go:

The update to the apps (iPhone already out, Android early March) and Xero C1 are as follows.

1) Mass export of the CSV is already live.
2) Cloud sync is live for some users and coming for others.
3) Being able to return to a shot group and add more is a feature coming in a future update (not this one) but is being developed.

Possibly looking to grab a garmin. Who makes a cheaper picatinny rail to mount to rifle? Also does the tripod work good enough? I use magnetospeed v3 off barrel mount now

Possibly looking to grab a garmin. Who makes a cheaper picatinny rail to mount to rifle? Also does the tripod work good enough? I use magnetospeed v3 off barrel mount now

The tripod does work pretty good but if you wanted it mounted just get a $19 arca attachment on Amazon. No need to spend more. You can get a 150mm or 200mm version. Just search this on Amazon and a few come up.

Camera Rail Nodal Slide 150mm Quick Release Plate Clamp Compatible with Arca​

Reactions: drglock
Has there been any issues or effects mounting them to rifles? Specially bigger magnums?

The tripod does work pretty good but if you wanted it mounted just get a $19 arca attachment on Amazon. No need to spend more. You can get a 150mm or 200mm version. Just search this on Amazon and a few come up.

Camera Rail Nodal Slide 150mm Quick Release Plate Clamp Compatible with Arca​

That would be perfect but it has arca attachment. I have pictanny rail I want to attach it to.

Case came out pretty good from the SLS printer.

Tested it with my 22cal air rifle and even with the case fully covering the muzzle size of the chronograph, I don't notice any degradation in sensitivity or accuracy, still need to do some more testing when I can get to the range but it's looking promising.

Made a listing for pre-orders, should start shipping next week.

View attachment 8347598View attachment 8347599
View attachment 8347594
Looks very nice. Did you find a cad model of the unit itself or did you measure and draw it yourself? I want to make a slightly different protective case / bumper out of TPU and wish to skip the measuing step if I can :)

I had a shot string get deleted.

I took two shots, then deleted those shots, then shot 10 more, looked at the data, end session. In history my session saved as 0 shots and the data was gone on both my phone and xero.

I have recently updated to the latest software, not sure how old my version was.

Has anyone experienced this potential glitch? It’s also 100% possible that I did something and it’s all my fault. I will say I’ve probably put 300 strings on it and have had no issues prior this.

That would be perfect but it has arca attachment. I have pictanny rail I want to attach it to.
To my knowledge no one makes a NODAL type rail with a direct to Picatinny clamp.

I was only able to find two options, in my search.

Buy a ARCA NODAL rail and use a Picatinny to ARCA adapter like this:
FANAUE FGP-65 Picatinny Arca-Swiss Compatible Rail Plate
1708433624008.png

Or spend more money and buy the Gray Ops CNC Garmin Xero QD Mount and Arm without the clamp. You can then buy a ARMS 17 compatible clamp that fits a Picatinny rail.

1708433818486.png

The FANAUE SC-ARC is a good option since it works with both Picatinny and ARCA and does not need an adapter.
1708434383455.png

I chose to purchase the Gray Ops CNC mount, arm and the FANAUE ARCA/Picatinny clamp as this gives me the most mounting options.
  • Tripod
  • Direct to Picatinny, no arm
  • Direct to Picatinny, with arm
  • Direct to ARCA, with arm

So are these deals for 500 long gone? Where’s the cheapest place to buy one?
Weren't those just scam sites?

I tried to order one last night but when the $50 in sales tax showed on screen I stopped. I'm extremely unhappy with the state the last couple days and it's inventing of yet another new way to take money from me just recently, so I just couldn't bring my self to do it.

Last edited:

Sorry missed that. But as mentioned they make small adapters for picatinny to arca. Would be the cheapest way to convert to use that $19 arca plate.

I appreciate the info. I'm debating on mounting or leaving on tripod. I still have to order one too. The new labradar one looks interesting but they say customer service sucks so garmin seems like the winner. Be nice just to set up and shoot my magnetospeed I gotta mount then check with muzzle and run cords ect.

They say 5-15 from muzzle have you guys seen any effect going farther away? My barrels are 29 to 30 inch then 9 Inch supressor so mounted it will be a long ways away from there recommendations

I appreciate the info. I'm debating on mounting or leaving on tripod. I still have to order one too. The new labradar one looks interesting but they say customer service sucks so garmin seems like the winner. Be nice just to set up and shoot my magnetospeed I gotta mount then check with muzzle and run cords ect.

They say 5-15 from muzzle have you guys seen any effect going farther away? My barrels are 29 to 30 inch then 9 Inch supressor so mounted it will be a long ways away from there recommendations

I don’t think you will have an issue as I used mine with a 28” barrel and a 3” brake and no problem.

Also Impact Data Books still has them in stock for $599.

Reactions: Rocketvapor
You could also buy this Atlas ARMS 17s adapter:
1708445461397.png

It has a 1/4-20 hole in the middle.

Attach a 17s pic clamp to it like the ADM or RRS SC-ARC.

Then buy an Arca rail like this usa-made one:
1708445609042.jpeg

It has two 1/4-20 screws and comes in different lengths and thicknesses. Attach one end to the Atlas adapter and the other to your Garmin.

I’ve used that place before and they make good products. He’ll even make custom stuff for a fee, I believe.

If you’re worried about stuff spinning on the plate, he sells these too, with adjustable anti-spin bars. I’m sure he’d sell an additional anti-spin bar.
1708445858737.jpeg

https://www.hejnarphotostore.com/product-p/m1-600.htm.

Kirk Photo is another very good usa-made Arca plate manufacturer. Their stuff is more refined, more like RRS (and sometimes superior). Here’s their longest Arca plate with adjustable anti-spin bars. Again, I bet they’d sell you an additional bar.
1708446068865.jpeg

There’s a 1/4-20 hole at the end, next to the push QD sling attachment. You could be the coolest guy at the range with your QD Garmin slung around your neck (not).

Their anti-spin bar is interesting because it is reversible and has two angles, 90° and 30°. Sometimes the 30° works best on something curved. I own a Kirk like this for a lens and it works great.
1708446398195.jpeg

Last edited:
Kirk Photo is another very good usa-made Arca plate manufacturer. Their stuff is more refined, more like RRS (and sometimes superior). Here’s their longest Arca plate with adjustable anti-spin bars. Again, I bet they’d sell you an additional bar.
View attachment 8353658

Their anti-spin bar is interesting because it is reversible and has two angles, 90° and 30°. Sometimes the 30° works best on something curved. I own a Kirk for a lens and it works great.
View attachment 8353660

Reactions: carbonbased
The FANAUE SC-ARC is a good option since it works with both Picatinny and ARCA and does not need an adapter.
1708434383455.png
They didn’t even bother to change the infringing product’s name.

infringing?

Please explain. If someone makes a fork, does it infringe?

It's a completely obvious, it's a combination of previously existing interfaces that are open source, neither of which are invented by RRS, and RRS certainly wasn't the first to ideate this.

Reactions: Steel+Killer

Knowing how RADARs work. It could effect the accuracy of the "MV" reading. This is because chronographs do not measure velocity at the muzzle. But their are calculations and systems to back track the velocity to the muzzle. I would assume the placement helps pick up the shot better, and helps calibrate the output number to an actual MV instead of measured velocity at X distance.

Reactions: Rocketvapor
I might just try the little tripod might be the easy button. The few benches I use for sightening it will still be far away but might have to play with it.

I stopped mounting mine on my rifle. It isn't like it's any easier or faster. And when you're getting into position behind the gun with the Zero ready to read MV it will throw a fit over movement. A good example of when you might want to mount the Xero to your gun is when your walking up to a crowded zero line before a match starts with all your shit in your hands. It does make that scenario easier.

Reactions: D_TROS and Schw15