• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gastonia, NC Sniper Comp (9/2-5/09)

Re: Gastonia, NC Sniper Comp (9/2-5/09)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doc76251</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just got back off the road from Gastonia. If you are LEO you NEED to do this comp. Capt. Duncan and the entire Gastonia PD crew as well as the entire TOWN of Gastonia are absolutely top notch. Find one other town that not only supports a "SNIPER" conference but actually publicly promotes it.

I will say this is the hardest comp I ever did not shoot. After being a competitor last year I was dieing to get out there and run and gun but they don't have an "Old Retired Farts Division" HINT, HINT!!!!! The level of professionalism displayed by all the competitors and the staff was absolutely over the top. Even as a "vendor" I didn't feel the least bit put aside.

Congrats to all the competitors I don't think any one came away with out gaining something.

Cheers,

Doc </div></div>

Doc, you rock and thanks for loaning the equipment. Hope the truck got you back okay and I still owe you that tripe cardiac threat burger.

I'm taking all the credit for the DeSoto win...
smile.gif

Looking forward to the pics of the competition. Are they going to be posted on here or just on the Gastonia website?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm taking all the credit for the DeSoto win...
smile.gif
</div></div>

You don't have to take it they gave it to you willingly
wink.gif
Strong work to you and Jacob.

Cheers,

Doc

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Smash</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Doc, you rock and thanks for loaning the equipment. Hope the truck got you back okay and I still owe you that tripe cardiac threat burger. </div></div>

There's another story to be had there
frown.gif
. Had enough high blood pressure today, that burger would have killed me if I had it.

I was going to get in that comp one way or the other even if it was just my rifle and bipod
laugh.gif

Cheers,

Doc

guys,

All I have to say is this.

WOW!!!!

What a great event. Honestly, I loved how open every one on the staff was, from scoring, to the standards VERY open and professional.

You could feel the level of confidence in the air from the staff. They knew what to do, when to do it, and how to execute each event. There actions in-turn took out the "fog of war" for all the shooters.

The Snipers onsite that shot this event, my hat is off to all of you. What a great showing, from the Air Force SDM team, to Desoto County Sniper team, Job well done.

The ability of all the competitors to bond as a group of people for four days says alot about what type of a man you are.

No one was looked down upon for there lack of skill set, equipment, and so on. Every one was willing to help, everyone wanted you to win and do your best.

Every shooter shared ideas, past experiences, and wanted the other guy to excel! What more could a person ask for than to spend four days around a group of men that want you to excel at such a craft?

Thank you for letting George and I spend some time with you.

If you all ever need anything ask, and I will do my best to help out.

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: berm shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some team resorted to voodoo when under pressure.
smile.gif

2ip55u.jpg
</div></div>

That's some wicked (voo)doo (at least it was clean). Even the maids were talking about it.

We had a great time this year. As always this comp was top notch. Much thanks and praise to the city of Gastonia and the P.D. They go above and beyond to make this a great experience. Thank you to all the sponsors and vendors for making this possible.

I really enjoyed meeting some new teams and getting to see some familiar ones. Hanging out at the end of the day with like minded individuals is a real pleasure. I always learn something and this year was no exception.

I look forward to this comp not only for the training, but for the camaraderie and fellowship. That is worth the trip in itself.

Again, thanks to Gastonia Police Dept. and everyone else who helped make this happen.

Congrats to DeSoto and nugasuckit. wish I were there (oh thats right I was) sounded like it was good during and after each day. John has some hot peanuts for the winners. Congrats to all, my boys came in 11th KUDOS to them also. see ya all next year.
Zapped

My avatar is a little misleading. I am not active anymore. I work for a local PD, so the training budget is a little tighter. I will still be working on it though. I may have to fund it myself.

looking forward to next year. thanks to gastonia for another great training/comp..thanks to all of the officers and vendors who were behind the scenes.

Guys...If you shot it or not..Anyone that has any ideas that they would like to see next year feel free to let me know. We are always open to ideas for improvement. John has given us some new stuff that will probably be implemented next year. It can never hurt to ask for something youd like to see from the competition down here. Looking foreword to seeing everyone again next year.

Eric

Just to keep everyone aware of new stuff going on. Next year the Vendors are being requested to have stuff on hand for sale. So if there is anything that you or your department is in the market for, thats a great time to get some good deals. Several of the vendors have said they werent aware and will bring several items for sale.

Any other kinds of merchandise that you guys might be interested in or want to see from us, let us know and we will see what we can do.

Eric