• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Geissele Automatic's Super Modular Rail (SMR)

Re: Geissele Automatic's Super Modular Rail (SMR)

This looks like a nice rail with some great features but is there a lighter version planned? I ask because a KAC URX 3.1 which is a 13.5" rail with built-in Pica rails and five (5) QD mount points weighs in at 14.04oz. And both the Centurion (12"=16.2oz) and DD Lite (12"=15.3oz) rails weigh less and both of those are full Pica front to rear at 12/3/6/9 o'clock (granted, they're an inch shorter but the URX is a 1/2" longer)

The URX is quite a bit lighter than the either the MK1 (18.4oz) or the MK2 (20.3oz) and the URX 3.1 despite being 1/2" longer. Plus those weights don't include the Pica rails on the SMR's. If we added six of the short rails (to match the URX 3.1 configuration), that would make the MK1=21.16oz and the MK2=23.06oz. That makes the URX roughly 1/2lb. lighter than the SMR's and the SMR's still lack QD holes of any kind (which means more weight just to add one). I just hate the fact that the URX requires a $130 wrench (WTF).

And I doubt anyone would call the URX 3.1 rail flimsy or not up the task of grunt (ab)use so that throws the weight=strength argument out the window (in case someone wants to bring that up
smile.gif
)

<span style="font-size: 8pt">edited: typos</span>

Any word of sling mounts? Not having a sling mount near the upper receiver is what is holding me back from buying this rail.

Thanks for all you pics.

Bikejunky

this will be my next rail..looks high quality just like their triggers

Bikejunky, this was posted by Mr. Geissele on 10/15 in regards to built in qd sockets....

" The HK receiver has a higher M1913 rail than the AR and putting the QD steel insert in the AR rail was too tight to make it work. We have several options coming for QD mounting. One at 45 deg and one that attached at 9 and 3 oclock. "

DSC08395-1.jpg