• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Geissele Super 700?

They stopped replying on my second email and continue not to reply. .. shitty CS ... which is unusual, perhaps they dont give a crap any more

Very unusual indeed. Never had an issue with Geissele, though I'm growing impatient waiting on two triggers I ordered months ago with no update.

Yeah...even though it's Geissele, we're to the point now where I'm not confident in being in on the first batch. I pre-ordered, cancelled, considered re-ordering and have since resolved to a "wait and see" stance on this trigger.

Since we are on the trigger comparison question. Anyone have a comparison between Jewell HVT and TriggetTech diamond?
I liked the Diamond better with the pro curve trigger. Sold my HVT after I used the Diamond for the first time.

they are shipping pre-orders monday. Had 2 on pre order since 1/30, called them today and they said they shipping Mon. Not before the idiots at Brownells marked it to Hold (they said they wanted to double check i still wanted them). Boy them some dopey people at Brownells CS.

Reactions: skierhs
Looking forward to some reviews. I bought a BnA tacsport pro and a cgextreme mod 22, and that taps out my need for bolt action triggers. I'm pretty happy with them, but maybe I'll try one of these.

Looking forward to some reviews. I bought a BnA tacsport pro and a cgextreme mod 22, and that taps out my need for bolt action triggers. I'm pretty happy with them, but maybe I'll try one of these.

I have 5 BnA (one marksman and 4 tacsports) - cant go wrong there!! Especially you can get different shoes. the Geissele shoe worries me given the pics, but i should have it this week if Brownells follows through

Got shipment confirmation today. Should be in my hands Wednesday evening.

I won one in a geissele sponsored shoot a month ago or so. They're fucking fantastic triggers. Blows my timney out of the water. Adjustment is really simple. I left it as a 2 stage, which is better feeling than their national match trigger.

Reactions: Mooncake
I won one in a geissele sponsored shoot a month ago or so. They're fucking fantastic triggers. Blows my timney out of the water. Adjustment is really simple. I left it as a 2 stage, which is better feeling than their national match trigger.

How much first stage travel, approximately?

I’d love it if someone could compare the G to a Huber two stage. I have a couple Hubers and really like them but I’ve been a Geissele fanboy for as long as I can remember.

Reactions: Kadams1563
Surely someone got theirs today.
Lets just say Brownells isnt what it used to be ... the tracking numbers they provided USPS cant resolve, call Brownells CS and their response is "give it another 12 hours) even though they said they were shipped Monday ... seriously ...

Lets just say Brownells isnt what it used to be ... the tracking numbers they provided USPS cant resolve, call Brownells CS and their response is "give it another 12 hours) even though they said they were shipped Monday ... seriously ...

It’s probably UPS Mail Innovations, slow shitty shipping with final delivery by your local PO.

Reactions: Another Casual
It’s probably UPS Mail Innovations, slow shitty shipping with final delivery by your local PO.

Nope, i just called them - its Brownells - they admitted they didnt ship it yet to USPS despite it showing as shipped 10/8 - so USPS is correct. Just spoke to them. Totally useless company they are.

Nope, i just called them - its Brownells - they admitted they didnt ship it yet to USPS despite it showing as shipped 10/8 - so USPS is correct. Just spoke to them. Totally useless company they are.

look up the same tracking number for FedEx.

Reactions: craigos
?? format of shipping numbers totally different across the shipping companies.

Low end shipping services through contract carriers with last mile delivery by USPS accommodate USPS tracking numbers.

Why should someone consider this Geissele trigger over a CG22?

Why should someone consider this Geissele trigger over a CG22?
Price is the main reason I did. From my (secondary) research they both are "true" 2 stage triggers, and in fact are the only "true" 2 stage triggers that I've been able to find just in perusing forums and such. That said the CGX is like ~$100 more. I'm curious if the Bix n Andy 2 stage Tacsport is a true 2 stage? I've looked around quite a bit and can't find much information on their 2 stage, plenty of info on their single stage. Regardless, I did get one of these super 700s ordered so I'm excited to try it.

Price is the main reason I did.
I did look into the price after I posted my question and before I saw your answer. I agree that $100 is not insignificant, and with Geissele's reputation it's hard to think what one might be giving up (if anything) for that hundo.

I did look into the price after I posted my question and before I saw your answer. I agree that $100 is not insignificant, and with Geissele's reputation it's hard to think what one might be giving up (if anything) for that hundo.
Exactly. I completely understand the adage "you get what you pay for" but we know it's not true 100% of the time. I imagine the CGX is an awesome trigger and if Geissele hadn't come out with this one that's probably the direction I would have gone. The only other thing I can think of why one might prefer the Geissele is the ability to switch back and forth between single and 2 stage. I think that's cool but it's not a selling point for me, but I could see it being one for others who haven't committed to one or the other.

Reactions: MakeSawdust
So bad news, the new geissele doesnt work in the nucleus !!! Doesnt release the bolt ... I have bighorn, rem 700 and mausingfield to try next ....

Oh by the way, the 4 triggers i got , that Brownells messed up the tracking number, came in packages the tracking numbers dont match at all - so goodness knows what is going on at brownells ...

So bad news, the new geissele doesnt work in the nucleus !!! Doesnt release the bolt ... I have bighorn, rem 700 and mausingfield to try next ....

Oh by the way, the 4 triggers i got , that Brownells messed up the tracking number, came in packages the tracking numbers dont match at all to the onces they gave me on their portal - so goodness knows what is going on at brownells ...

So if i remove the nucleus bolt and push on the sear with my finger and pull the trigger it releases, my guess is the nucleus sear lug (?) is too long (just like the Bighorn lug wouldnt release the new BnA tacsport, they had to come out with a different sear but they turned that around in 4 weeks - see if Geissele does the same). OK .. I had two nucleus actions here so tried them both, nada - to test the other actions i need to unassemble chassis etc so will be the weekend.

Regarding feel - feels like a AR15 SSA-E trigger :) So has that Geissele feel .. shoe was surprisingly nice. Just like their AR ... but not much use if they dont release the bolt :) Hoping they work on the other rifles ...

I should add, depressing the trigger before closing the bolt also doesnt allow the firing pin to go forward so definitely a nucleus lug/trigger sear issue here.

Well, who wants to buy my Geissele trigger then? If it shows up with this tracking number that hasn't been updated since Monday that is.

Got mine today. Seems very well made. Safety is very positive, albeit a little stiff. I'm sure it will work it's way in. Still waiting on my actions (nucleus and an Origin).

On the tracking numbers, some of the multiple carrier services get screwy with the numbers (USPS final delivery or whatever). Sometimes numbers on the boxes change when it changes carriers or the online tracking doesn't show it until USPS has it.

So i did manage to switch my calvin elite 2 stage from my GA Gladius to my Nucleus and my Geissele from the Nucleus to my Gladius (rem 700) - worked fine and its a very nice trigger. Sits quite a fair bit more backwards than my other rem 700 triggers (huber, calvin elite, BnA) so reduces reach. I didnt adjust it and it has a long first stage but the second stage is very crisp with less over travel than the BnA. Boy i was worried about the trigger shoe, but i think its the best feeling trigger shoe (and i tied the BnA comp, gorilla and standard triggers .. nicer than huber and calvin elite).

So i wonder if Geissele did much testing with the Super 700 on custom Rem 700 .. will report out on bighorn tl3 and mausingfield tomorrow night.

Well, who wants to buy my Geissele trigger then? If it shows up with this tracking number that hasn't been updated since Monday that is.
Likely you will receive it tomorrow with a tracking number that doesnt match .. my order came in 2 packages, neither matched what Brownells provided.

Likely you will receive it tomorrow with a tracking number that doesnt match .. my order came in 2 packages, neither matched what Brownells provided.
Good news, USPS has possession of it not UPS as Brownells claims. Bad news, it won’t work with my Nucleus so what does it matter?

Anyone else get the notice that they have a recall on some of these? Metals don't have the hardness they expected or something to that effect.

Got the email this morning. Seems like no big deal, they're replacing anything that's not to their standards. I'd prefer that to finding out later that they knew and ignored it.