• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Geissele Super 700?

Recently received a Super 700 from Brownells during their last Geissele sale. No dice on my Nucleus action. Pull the trigger all you want, nothing’s happening.
I bought mine from Brownells also...I sent it to Geiselle for modification...Unfortunately, I won't have a Nucleus action for many months to see if it works...I am anxious for someone to test the modification and post about it...Seems to me you have two options. 1. Send it back to Brownells. or 2. Contact Geiselle and return it to them for modification. (I had better luck emailing Geiselle sales, rather than using their contact form on their web page. Although, I eventually did get a response after using both methods... I'm unable to use the telephone due to hearing loss.)

My replacement is in hand. The original trigger I had to modify so it work properly in the Ultimatum U300. The safety lever would contact the bolt handle. I figured they would replace the defective part and send it back, they sent a new one with unmolested safety lever!

67049D6A-8E36-4EB4-9622-1548DBAC0D3B.jpeg

Anyone else get an email regarding the discontinuation of the Super R700 factory configured single stage?

Last edited:
I have not. If that is true then I'll sell my current 2 stage for a single stage trigger tech.
It’s a issue with the drop proofnes for socom, 2 stage is fine but it has issues with the socom specs in single stage. It still is to Sami specs either way. I could be off on which standard but that’s the idea. They’re gonna only sell them as a two stage now but let the user adjust it to a one staged with directions included I heard.

Reactions: JFComfort
It’s a issue with the drop proofnes for socom, 2 stage is fine but it has issues with the socom specs in single stage. It still is to Sami specs either way. I could be off on which standard but that’s the idea. They’re gonna only sell them as a two stage now but let the user adjust it to a one staged with directions included I heard.
If that's true I might keep it. I have always love the feel and break of a geissele.

Sorry to hear that... I think they are all at SHOT show now...I also rec'd a reply from Brownells stating the trigger WOULD work in a Nucleus... I haven't rec'd my JHR yet, nor the 'modified' trigger from Geiselle yet... I hope my results will be better than yours... I would keep trying with Geiselle, you may have just fallen through the proverbial crack...Good luck. It will be months before I 'know' for sure...Lol

Brownells dont know crap. Had 4 triggers and tried them with 4 actions, nada on all of them. So unless Geissele addresses the issue with the RMA we are SOL

Brownells dont know crap. Had 4 triggers and tried them with 4 actions, nada on all of them. So unless Geissele addresses the issue with the RMA we are SOL
I didn't think Brownells was 'right'...I hope Geiselle fixed mine...I won't know, unfortunately, until my PVA JHR gets here, probably many months from now...Post up if the trigger you get back from Geiselle works in your actions and what actions you have it in...And how you like it... I don't want much, do I...Lol

I didn't think Brownells was 'right'...I hope Geiselle fixed mine...I won't know, unfortunately, until my PVA JHR gets here, probably many months from now...Post up if the trigger you get back from Geiselle works in your actions and what actions you have it in...And how you like it... I don't want much, do I...Lol
I don't have a Super 700 yet but I had the impression that custom actions may need some fine tuning to match up. Why wouldn't you get your gunsmith to tune it instead of sending them back to Geiselle? Just asking to educate myself and whether or not I want to buy one now. Love the ssa-e on my Ar.

I received my Super 700 yesterday and immediately threw it onto my Origin. I couldn't detect any problems other than a pretty heavy bolt in both directions. Trigger felt great like I expected, but I seriously need the single stage conversion instructions. I agree that the first stage is too long in stock form.

I received my Super 700 yesterday and immediately threw it onto my Origin. I couldn't detect any problems other than a pretty heavy bolt in both directions. Trigger felt great like I expected, but I seriously need the single stage conversion instructions. I agree that the first stage is too long in stock form.
You and I are in the same boat with the same action and heavy lift in both directions. And I want the single stage conversation.

I have the same setup. After lubrication, 200 rounds, and 500ish dry fire practice; the trigger and action are smooth and easy to operate.

I have the same setup. After lubrication, 200 rounds, and 500ish dry fire practice; the trigger and action are smooth and easy to operate.
Hmm interesting I am about 310 in rounds and countless dry fire practice still feels the same. What lube are you using? And its heavy open and close but didn't really notice it during a local match this sunday.

Hmm interesting I am about 310 in rounds and countless dry fire practice still feels the same. What lube are you using? And its heavy open and close but didn't really notice it during a local match this sunday.

Started with Lucas then switch to Slip 2000.

I don't have a Super 700 yet but I had the impression that custom actions may need some fine tuning to match up. Why wouldn't you get your gunsmith to tune it instead of sending them back to Geiselle? Just asking to educate myself and whether or not I want to buy one now. Love the ssa-e on my Ar.
If by tuning, you mean adjusting the adjustment screws for the 2nd stage, the directions are clear and I thought I could do it myself...Anything more (disassembling the trigger) voids the warranty... And lastly, I don't have dedicated gunsmith...(I'm 73 yrs. old and just a 'plinker'...Lol ( I do have a friend nearby that has an excellent local gunsmith, if I need one.)

Does anyone have a pic of the guts of the Super 700? My inner nerd really wants to know how this thing works.

Heard that the Geissele triggers had such a massive failure rate on the brand new USMC MK13Mod7's that they started getting replaced last week. The Super 700 was based on the MK13 design and was just designed to fit the 700 style action instead of the stiller.

Has anyone had luck with the super 700 in a Surgeon? If yes, what did you do to make it work?

I just tried to drop one in a 1086 and nada. Tried to adjust sear engagement and didn't seem to make a difference either.
I have a 1086 repeater and my 2 stage R700 works fine...installed normally, no mods.

Reactions: JFComfort
Heard that the Geissele triggers had such a massive failure rate on the brand new USMC MK13Mod7's that they started getting replaced last week. The Super 700 was based on the MK13 design and was just designed to fit the 700 style action instead of the stiller.
Do you have a link to the article? I’m interested to read about that.

As far as the design I was told by Geissele that they were asked to make a trigger for the MK13 and then used that design for the R700 trigger.

Geissele stated on another forum-
''Same triggers as a Rem 700, however the trigger well in the receiver is bigger. We used this extra space to full effect in the MK13 trigger to make it a simple as possible''

There are no articles yet about the mod7 triggers being swapped but Im sure there will be. The fact that they did a recall and now discontinued the single stage is fair evidence. If anyone wants to call up the precision weapons shop in Quantico maybe someone there will be able to confirm it and find out the replacement.

I have a 1086 repeater and my 2 stage R700 works fine...installed normally, no mods.

I installed it again in my 1086 and tried some adjustments and still wouldn't function. I also tried the same trigger in a Bighorn Origin I hav laying around with the same results so I may just have a lemon.

I've got two triggers in two origins, both work excellent. A little more cock on close than I'd like, but for drop in without any fitting I can't complain. Plus use is both action and trigger combos have the exact same cock on close/firing pin protrusion, which says a lot for tolerances. Triggers were bought about 3 months apart.

As far as the design I was told by Geissele that they were asked to make a trigger for the MK13 and then used that design for the R700 trigger.

Geissele stated on another forum-
''Same triggers as a Rem 700, however the trigger well in the receiver is bigger. We used this extra space to full effect in the MK13 trigger to make it a simple as possible''

There are no articles yet about the mod7 triggers being swapped but Im sure there will be. The fact that they did a recall and now discontinued the single stage is fair evidence. If anyone wants to call up the precision weapons shop in Quantico maybe someone there will be able to confirm it and find out the replacement.

This is not true.

The Geissele MK13 triggers have been fielded to USSOCOM and the Marine Corps and we are unaware of any issues with our MK13 trigger.

In addition, the triggers are under warranty and you better believe we would have heard about any issues.

Additionally if any of you guys have questions about compatibility with your receivers or set ups please feel free to shoot us an email over at [email protected] we’d be more than happy to help.

This is not true.

The Geissele MK13 triggers have been fielded to USSOCOM and the Marine Corps and we are unaware of any issues with our MK13 trigger.

In addition, the triggers are under warranty and you better believe we would have heard about any issues.

Additionally if any of you guys have questions about compatibility with your receivers or set ups please feel free to shoot us an email over at [email protected] we’d be more than happy to help.
Any idea when the single stage conversation instructions will be released.

"Additionally if any of you guys have questions about compatibility with your receivers or set ups please feel free to shoot us an email over at [email protected] we’d be more than happy to help.

I did just this, I'm very pleased with the service from Geissele...If I have any problems when I receive my PVA JHR, I will be in touch. :)

Last edited:
"Additionally if any of you guys have questions about compatibility with your receivers or set ups please feel free to shoot us an email over at [email protected] we’d be more than happy to help.

I did just this, I'm very pleased with the service from Geissele...If I have any problems when I receive my PVA JHR, I will be in touch. :)

I was please I guess i was contacted eventually, but it took a dozen emails. I get it, i work in supportability of a large software companies , but we have metrics where we must respond to 60% of all help requests from customers customers in 1 day of receiving the ticket and 85% with in a week ... i got contacted after ~ 3 months, was told 6 weeks. Sad to see people forget how CS can make or break a company irrespective of the perceived greatest of their products. Every in customer support knows a pissed off customer tells on average 8 people about the sucky experience, compared to only 3 people are told by the same people of great service. Common fact, so why people fuck it up so often i dont get it.

I was please I guess i was contacted eventually, but it took a dozen emails. I get it, i work in supportability of a large software companies , but we have metrics where we must respond to 60% of all help requests from customers customers in 1 day of receiving the ticket and 85% with in a week ... i got contacted after ~ 3 months, was told 6 weeks. Sad to see people forget how CS can make or break a company irrespective of the perceived greatest of their products. Every in customer support knows a pissed off customer tells on average 8 people about the sucky experience, compared to only 3 people are told by the same people of great service. Common fact, so why people fuck it up so often i dont get it.

I'm curious. Did you use the [email protected] email address? I initially used the 'correspondence' form on the Geiselle's website... After about a week I tried again using the [email protected] email address directly and heard from them the next day...In fact, in a later email exchange, I was informed the "Nick" that initially responded was Mr. Geiselle himself...IIRC They've responded to several of my requests in a very timely manner...Perhaps they need to monitor their own website communications more often? Oh, and this all occurred before and during SHOT show, which I imagine is a busy time for them... BTW, if the Geiselle trigger in my AR-15 is any indication, I expect to love my Super 700 trigger in my Nucleus action/JHR when it gets here...Now, all I can do is stare at the trigger sitting on my desk and dream... Lol

Last edited:
Kind of obnoxious I have to cover shipping for a trigger that Geissele claims was redesigned, but I have an earlier production that doesn’t work with the Nucleus.

Kind of obnoxious I have to cover shipping for a trigger that Geissele claims was redesigned, but I have an earlier production that doesn’t work with the Nucleus.
They didn't give you a prepaid shipping label? I would sure look into that if I were you, When I sent mine back they gave me a pre-paid UPS label.

If you mean a slight crunchiness when putting it on safe, yes. has kind of a dead spot before engaging into safe mode.

Update...Got my super 700 trigger back , I installed it in my nucleus and no bang. I have another super 700 which I compared it to, I did not notice any geometrical differences, took out the calipers and took a few measurements no differences. Not sure what the deal is. Sending it back Monday, also noticed it had a lot of over travel and seemed misadjusted compared to my other one. If anyone has a modified super 700 please post any difference you noticed.

Thanks

Update...Got my super 700 trigger back , I installed it in my nucleus and no bang. I have another super 700 which I compared it to, I did not notice any geometrical differences, took out the calipers and took a few measurements no differences. Not sure what the deal is. Sending it back Monday, also noticed it had a lot of over travel and seemed misadjusted compared to my other one. If anyone has a modified super 700 please post any difference you noticed.

Thanks
Not good news...Sigh! Am I correct in reading you have another Geiselle super 700 trigger that DOES work in an ARC Nucleus Action...Curious. I'm sure ARC and Geiselle will sort this out eventually...Surely by the time I get my JHR...Lol

Thanks

Dang, that sucks. I got mine back from Geissele on Friday and haven't had time to install it on my Nucleus yet. If it doesn't work 100% this time, I'm sending it back to Brownells and will happily wait for the Trigger Tech 2-stage.

Hey guys if you happened to receive a trigger that wont work with your ARC Nucleus please let us know and we'll help sort that out.

Originally we made the triggers for the OEM Rem 700's and through feedback learned that folks really like that ARC action. Then we made sure to get the Super 700 trigger working with it and even have made all newer production runs compatible. Because of this there may still be some of the older style floating around out there. Again if you have one of those that wont work with your ARC please let us know and we'll work with you to get it converted and gtg.

If you got sent out one that was of the original set up and is not ARC compatible we will convert it for free, all we ask is that you contact us so we can set you up with the RMA info and you'll just cover shipping it in to us. We'll cover the modification, labor and return shipping.

If you had a replacement sent out to you that was supposed to be ARC compatible and is not working with your receiver please let us know and we'll get that sorted out ASAP. We apologize for the added inconvenience and we will make it right.

There are so many different actions based on the 700 out there and we want your feedback on them so we can continue to learn about them and improve fitment as needed in order to better serve you all.

-GACS

Dang, that sucks. I got mine back from Geissele on Friday and haven't had time to install it on my Nucleus yet. If it doesn't work 100% this time, I'm sending it back to Brownells and will happily wait for the Trigger Tech 2-stage.

Well, mine is going back to Brownells after sending to back to Geissele on my dime, it came back working 80% of the time versus 5% on my Nucleus. Bolt lift was also noticeably heavier than with the Trigger Tech I had in there, which I have had zero issues with. Now the wait for the TriggerTech 2-stage begins.

Last edited:
Not good news...Sigh! Am I correct in reading you have another Geiselle super 700 trigger that DOES work in an ARC Nucleus Action...Curious. I'm sure ARC and Geiselle will sort this out eventually...Surely by the time I get my JHR...Lol
I have another super 700 that also does not work. I was using it for comparison to the upgraded trigger. I got my trigger back for the second time, this time it has a different angle where it engages the cocking piece and works like a charm.

Reactions: Last Chance
I have another super 700 that also does not work. I was using it for comparison to the upgraded trigger. I got my trigger back for the second time, this time it has a different angle where it engages the cocking piece and works like a charm.
Interesting! So, after two 'modifications', it now works with your Nucleus action??? Great!!!

That is very interesting indeed. I'm still baffled this works fine in every action tried except the Nucleus. I wonder what ARC did so differently when they designed that action. Even works on the Mausingfield so seems very strange.

Hey guys if you happened to receive a trigger that wont work with your ARC Nucleus please let us know and we'll help sort that out.

Originally we made the triggers for the OEM Rem 700's and through feedback learned that folks really like that ARC action. Then we made sure to get the Super 700 trigger working with it and even have made all newer production runs compatible. Because of this there may still be some of the older style floating around out there. Again if you have one of those that wont work with your ARC please let us know and we'll work with you to get it converted and gtg.

If you got sent out one that was of the original set up and is not ARC compatible we will convert it for free, all we ask is that you contact us so we can set you up with the RMA info and you'll just cover shipping it in to us. We'll cover the modification, labor and return shipping.

If you had a replacement sent out to you that was supposed to be ARC compatible and is not working with your receiver please let us know and we'll get that sorted out ASAP. We apologize for the added inconvenience and we will make it right.

There are so many different actions based on the 700 out there and we want your feedback on them so we can continue to learn about them and improve fitment as needed in order to better serve you all.

-GACS

My 4 i sent for the recall are back on Wed I see. Thanks for the quick turnaround.