• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Geissele Super 700?

Email says it's not a safety issue, just that some parts had their hardness change after machining which may shorten the life span so they're going to swap things out now. Really doesn't seem like a big deal. And again, I'd commend them for being proactive rather than suggesting people come back if they have a problem down the road.

I got the email today as well.

Adding to the sample size......I received my Super 700 and installed it on a Nucleus action. I have not had 100% function when dry firing with the Super 700 trigger. Both the action and trigger are new, obviously; action has not had a trigger installed prior to yesterday. Action is not mounted to a chassis, just free handing it. I would say 1 out of 10 cycles is problematic; pulling trigger while off safe will not cause the firing pin to move forward. Cycle it again and it will then work.

Not sure what to say.

I agree with Another Casual on your perspective, but I can't help but be a little disappointed that I have to send it back in right away. In the grand scheme of things I wasn't going to use it for hunting this year anyways. Hopefully it's a quick fix.

Reactions: Another Casual
Well shit, walked into work to see this in my email - apparently all teh geissele triggers need to be returned. Perhaps they can fix the sear incompatibility also :)

Valued Brownells Customer,

Thank you for your recent purchase of the Geissele Super 700 Trigger. We have received word from Geissele that the trigger’s metallurgy may eventually cause issues with its reliability. To be clear, there is no safety issue but Geissele has informed us that they will replace your trigger free of charge. Instructions for receiving your free replacement trigger can be found below in note from Geissele owner, Bill Geissele.

I want to thank you for your support and business with your purchase of our Super 700 Trigger. My teammates and I pride ourselves in providing a superior trigger, first-class customer support and nothing but the best to the freedom-loving, Second Amendment community. When you spend your hard earned money with Geissele, you expect to get the highest quality product in return. It is for that reason we are sending this notification.

We recently discovered that some of the internal components of our Super 700 Trigger had softened slightly after one of the post machining processes, bringing that part’s metallurgy out of our specifications. Unfortunately, some of these units were shipped prior to us catching this. If you are receiving this email you are unfortunately one of these people.

This issue is not a safety concern if the trigger remains a 2-stage and is not converted to a single stage trigger. If you installed the trigger and are using it already, it is no problem and you may continue to do so. The out of specification steel hardness simply means that the trigger’s life span would not meet our expectations and need repeated adjustments to maintain the same trigger pull.

Over the next 6 weeks we will be fixing this mistake. Please reach out to us immediately at [email protected] and arrange a replacement of your trigger at no cost, regardless if your current unit has been used or not.

We apologize greatly for any inconvenience that this may cause. We appreciate your business very much and every day we will work to earn it.

Respectfully,

Bill Geissele

“There is no compromise when it comes to Freedom.”

I received mine today and it functions fine in my Origin. They also said you could use the current one until they get the replacements made.

I ended up canceling my preorder a month ago and bought a TT for my Nucleus when brownells had them on sale. Sounds like that was a good move in the short term...

I hope it gets fixed for the Nucleus. I would still like to try one.

Ok gents, the Super 700 (that didnt work on a Nucleus) worked fine on 2 of my SA Mausingfields.

So far - worked - Mausingfield, Rem 700, wont fire on a nucleus.

Next will try a Bighorn

I received mine today and it functions fine in my Origin. They also said you could use the current one until they get the replacements made.

This should indicate it works on a BigHorn - will verify here on a TL3.

Confirmed, TL3 (the latter laser engraved models- my serial numbers in the 13xx and 14xx ) worked!

So far its worked with mausingfield, TL3, Rem 700 .. not Nucleus.

Last edited:
Anyone tried it in an impact action?

If someone has one of the replaced super 700s and wants to trade for a brand new Huber 2 stage 1.5lb, let me know. I’d like to try one

Reactions: Darnett65
i like the safety - unlike other triggers you figure out you forgot your safety on only half way through the pull , with the geiselle i can tell its on safe as its locked so tight - no trigger movement

The ball detent on the safety is a nice touch. A little stiff out of the box, but I'm sure it will wear in well.

Anyone tried it in an impact action?

If someone has one of the replaced super 700s and wants to trade for a brand new Huber 2 stage 1.5lb, let me know. I’d like to try one

I'm also intrested to see if it works in an impact action.

Got one of mine that I ordered the other day. Works fine in a Tempest though I need to play with the hangers a bit to get a touch more firing pin protrustion. No issues in the Mausingfield I tried as well. If @TheOE800 or someone else wants to get rid of their trigger if they don't like or want it, I am in need of another one or two.

Got one of mine that I ordered the other day. Works fine in a Tempest though I need to play with the hangers a bit to get a touch more firing pin protrustion. No issues in the Mausingfield I tried as well. If @TheOE800 or someone else wants to get rid of their trigger if they don't like or want it, I am in need of another one or two.
It shipped SUPER duper slow mail, so I won’t have it in-hand for another week AND there’s the whole recall issue, so I don’t feel comfortable selling or committing to a sale at this time.

Last edited:
It shipped SUPER duper slow mail, so I won’t have it in-hand for another week AND there’s the whole recall issue, so I don’t feel comfortable selling or committing to a sale at this time.

That's insane! Brownells is usually slow for me but that's slower than it takes to ship a package into a war zone! No worries. The message from them said no safety issue and they can be used safely with no issue, so I'm not worried there, I'll have two to replace at some point anyway. If you change your mind just give me a shout!

Showed up today.

C1A386D9-8143-43D6-9CB6-1A09DA004DA1.jpeg

I had to grind down the safety to clear the bolt handle on my U300.

50CBFEB7-1982-4E84-9FEC-C4DCF0558012.jpeg

Last edited:
I had to grind down the safety to clear the bolt handle on my U300.

[/QUOTE]

So other than this it's working? I have very little experience with the r700 clone actions out there, I know there are a LOT, but it's interesting to me the minor differences. craigos listed some actions including a Big Horn and Mausingfield this works in, you had to modify your safety lever, won't work at all on a Nucleus. Which leads me to the question is the reason it won't fit the nucleus a trigger issue or an action issue? I'm a ways from getting another rifle but am fairly sure I want to go with a custom action when I do so trying to figure out some nuances between them. Anyone try this on a Surgeon, Defiance, AI or Stiller?

What a huge disappointment. I had specifically ordered one for my Nucleus and now the recall. I'm opting out of being a beta tester. What really ticks me off is I would have jumped on the trigger tech sale at Brownells a month or two ago.

What a huge disappointment. I had specifically ordered one for my Nucleus and now the recall. I'm opting out of being a beta tester. What really ticks me off is I would have jumped on the trigger tech sale at Brownells a month or two ago.

You and me both man, already hit up ARC and Geissele letting them know about the issue. Hopefully one of them has a solution but I'm doubtful at this point.

Reactions: .30kal
You and me both man, already hit up ARC and Geissele letting them know about the issue. Hopefully one of them has a solution but I'm doubtful at this point.

I just canceled since my backorder was held up due the recall and ordered a CE 2-Stage w/ the 10% off coupon they have today.

So other than this it's working? I have very little experience with the r700 clone actions out there, I know there are a LOT, but it's interesting to me the minor differences. craigos listed some actions including a Big Horn and Mausingfield this works in, you had to modify your safety lever, won't work at all on a Nucleus. Which leads me to the question is the reason it won't fit the nucleus a trigger issue or an action issue? I'm a ways from getting another rifle but am fairly sure I want to go with a custom action when I do so trying to figure out some nuances between them. Anyone try this on a Surgeon, Defiance, AI or Stiller?

Yes, it’s not pretty and not something I would do on a client rifle but I got the handle to clear the safety selector. I lightened the first stage a little and might head out tomorrow and shoot.

Reactions: archangel485
Yes, it’s not pretty and not something I would do on a client rifle but I got the handle to clear the safety selector. I lightened the first stage a little and might head out tomorrow and shoot.

Cool, let us know how it goes. I got mine in my r700. Feels great but I might also lighten first stage a bit. Just dry fires so far.

Reactions: JFComfort
The news of the problem with the Super 700 and the Nucleus is bad news for me. Like others, I had ordered the trigger specifically for the Nucleus. I have cancelled my order with Brownells for the trigger, but would appreciate some advise as to what trigger is the best, which will work with the Nucleus. I’m a novice with bolt actions, and this is my first attempt. I have several of the Geissele Hi-Speed National Match triggers in AR type rifles, so the Super 700 was a natural fit for me. I prefer 2-stage and adjustability.

The news of the problem with the Super 700 and the Nucleus is bad news for me. Like others, I had ordered the trigger specifically for the Nucleus. I have cancelled my order with Brownells for the trigger, but would appreciate some advise as to what trigger is the best, which will work with the Nucleus. I’m a novice with bolt actions, and this is my first attempt. I have several of the Geissele Hi-Speed National Match triggers in AR type rifles, so the Super 700 was a natural fit for me. I prefer 2-stage and adjustability.

Check out the Timney Calvin Elite, Huber Concepts and Bix n’ Andy 2 stage triggers. I’m not sure about their compatability with the Nucleus.

Like others, I got the Super 700 for my Nucleus action. I got the Super 700 in the mail last week and just tried installing it onto on my Nucleus for kicks after reading some of the prior responses. It seems to work? Just wondering if I'm testing it or trying it wrong. I must have cycled it a hundred times now and it's always gone off.

The Nucleus is my first R700 type receiver. KRG Bravo chassis.. still need a barrel FWIW. My only other bolt action is a Tikka and it seems to behave the same way.

Reactions: Skunkworx
Welp. I take that back. For some reason I decided to try it straight up vertically and upside down. 8/10 didn't fire vertically. 10/10 didn't when upside down.

Hello guys, I want to help address this for you.

There is no safety issue with them so you can continue to use them until we have the replacements ready. At which point we will notify you and cover shipping both ways for your replacement and the trigger being sent back to us. Please just make sure to contact us via email at [email protected] and we will get you squared away and do our best to make this as quick and easy for you as we can.

We found that they do not quite meet our standards in terms of longevity. When you purchase a Geissele trigger it’s an heirloom item. We don’t look at lifespan of optimal performance in terms of round count but in generations. Because of this we couldn’t in good faith leave those current triggers out there and wanted to let everyone affected know what was going on ASAP.

We do apologize for this inconvenience and will do our best to make it right. Please feel free to email or call us at the shop (610-272-2060 9am-5pm EST) for any questions or concerns about your trigger or anything Geissele.

In regards to the figment and function with various actions, we have only done any testing with stock OEM Remington 700’s at this point. As we get more testing in and solid feedback we will be able to give some advice on non OEM actions but for now we really don’t have much data. We greatly appreciate your feedback and would love if anyone wanted to send us any pictures and info on what they’ve found with their set up via email.

Thank you for your support and understanding and if you need anything please let us know!

- GACS

Is it reasonable to assume when Brownells has back in stock they will be the updated version?

Yep. Once they are back in stock they will be good to go:

Also we are going to get a Nucleus action in house very soon so we can look into compatibility for that ASAP!

- GACS

Hey guys we've got the Nucleus working and the Super 700 triggers going forward will be compatible. So for those of you that have the trigger currently and will be sending it in for replacement, the one you receive back will be good to go with your ARC Nucleus! Thank you again for the feedback!

-GACS

This seems like great news as there appeared to be several who bought this for a Nucleus. I'm curious if you have an update for us on when the new ones will be available? I appreciate you getting on here to keep us in the loop.

Reactions: vigildom7
This seems like great news as there appeared to be several who bought this for a Nucleus. I'm curious if you have an update for us on when the new ones will be available? I appreciate you getting on here to keep us in the loop.
‘Twas 6 weeks upon announcement of the recall.

Reactions: archangel485
6 weeks would be great. That puts them around Thanksgiving time. @TheOE800 did you end up holding on to yours? Now that they have these working with the Nucleus I hope it works out for you.

Glad the got them working for the Nucleus, will be looking forward to trying one when they have things squared away.

We don't have a set in stone ETA for them just yet but we are getting very close. Thank you for your patience and as soon as we have an ETA nailed down we'll let you know.

-GACS

Reactions: chadrp
So the Single and Two stage on brownell's currently if ordered will be the revised? (buying for a Nucleus).

So the Single and Two stage on brownell's currently if ordered will be the revised? (buying for a Nucleus).

Well with the way Brownells ships orders these days, Geissele will be working on the 3rd or 4th rendition by the time yours arrives. I don't like sounding like the guys whining about the ZCO's, but man has Brownells slipped compared to what they were.

Per GACS, I believe any trigger purchased beyond this point has been "fixed" per their voluntary return (recall); however, they may not be Nucleus friendly just yet.

Well with the way Brownells ships orders these days, Geissele will be working on the 3rd or 4th rendition by the time yours arrives. I don't like sounding like the guys whining about the ZCO's, but man has Brownells slipped compared to what they were.

Per GACS, I believe any trigger purchased beyond this point has been "fixed" per their voluntary return (recall); however, they may not be Nucleus friendly just yet.

Gotcha, Thanks for the info. I'd prefer to order it direct from Geissele them self but for some reason they don't have it on the website. Brownell's has always been a hit or miss as of lately.

Got mine from Brownells yesterday. Not going to work on BO M2013 w/o some work on safety lever or receiver. Certainly not going grind on receiver so haven't decided if I want to try to bend lever a bit for clearance or cut my losses and return.

Decided to try bending lever. Easy removal from trigger w/ one e-clip but much stronger/harder to bend than a Rem lever. Seems to work fine on the 2013 after getting safety clearance.