• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Gen 3 Razor vs XTR Pro (Regular Joe, Non biased review).....No Sponsors here.

I have the XTR3 5.5-30 which replaced my XRS 4.5-30, but like the writable turrets of the Pro. Not a fan of the red either. A little color isn’t a bad idea but the red is just a little too bright for my tastes. Maybe they could offer a few color options in the future. Black, Navy blue, dark green…

Would love to see a comparison of the XTR3 or Pro to the Zeiss S3.

I’d also like to see if anyone has compared the Pro to the zeiss S3

I ended up getting the race dial for the XTR3 5.5-30. So you can have the same feature the Pro does for $100. https://www.burrisoptics.com/accessories/race-dial

I put the Race Dial on my 5.5-30 illuminated XTRIII that I ran on my 300 Norma for hunting.

It's super easy to mark all my yardage to 1k, range the target and turn the turret. A custom drop compensator turret that I can reuse for any load or condition.

Reactions: blue_ridge
Figured I would just cut and paste from my other post to make it easy.

UPS made a Christmas miracle and dropped my Burris Pro off today. I was shocked but popped it on my rifle and took a few pics. Overall it's a nice scope. Glass looks really good in my peering 100 yards into the woods looking at leaves but will give it a better test this week at the range. I like the reticle. The little + in the center is nice and not overly heavy. Put the switchview on and the power ring moved smooth enough. Parallax was a little rough and the finish is kind of a rougher feel so when you run your hand over it you can leave a little skin smear but it's not a big deal for a match optic. You can see a little in the third pic below near the sunshade.

I didn't play with zeroing yet but popped off the race top and it comes off easily and goes on easily. The book says it is zeroed on a 20 moa base from the factory but I spun the knob up and I got two full rotations and a mil so 25 mils as each revolution is 12 mils. With a scope that is said to have 26 mils it will be interesting to see where it ends up after zeroed. Clicks are tactile and audible.

Well here's a couple quick pics to show overall size on a rifle. Will play more with it when I hit the range and compare it to other scopes. Hopefully ups drops my Tract off Monday instead of Tuesday. LOL

ETA It was mentioned but will add again that if you want a Pro or XTRIII go look at Liberty Optics. Scott has great prices.

IMG_3092.jpg
IMG_3095.jpg
IMG_3096.jpg

X2!
I took delivery of my first ever Vortex product last week. A gen 3 razor.
Curious to see how you think they compare.

Figured I would just cut and paste from my other post to make it easy.

UPS made a Christmas miracle and dropped my Burris Pro off today. I was shocked but popped it on my rifle and took a few pics. Overall it's a nice scope. Glass looks really good in my peering 100 yards into the woods looking at leaves but will give it a better test this week at the range. I like the reticle. The little + in the center is nice and not overly heavy. Put the switchview on and the power ring moved smooth enough. Parallax was a little rough and the finish is kind of a rougher feel so when you run your hand over it you can leave a little skin smear but it's not a big deal for a match optic. You can see a little in the third pic below near the sunshade.

I didn't play with zeroing yet but popped off the race top and it comes off easily and goes on easily. The book says it is zeroed on a 20 moa base from the factory but I spun the knob up and I got two full rotations and a mil so 25 mils as each revolution is 12 mils. With a scope that is said to have 26 mils it will be interesting to see where it ends up after zeroed. Clicks are tactile and audible.

Well here's a couple quick pics to show overall size on a rifle. Will play more with it when I hit the range and compare it to other scopes. Hopefully ups drops my Tract off Monday instead of Tuesday. LOL

ETA It was mentioned but will add again that if you want a Pro or XTRIII go look at Liberty Optics. Scott has great prices.

View attachment 8018301View attachment 8018302View attachment 8018303

just wanted to follow up on your thoughts comparing the XTR Pro to some of your other optics?

just wanted to follow up on your thoughts comparing the XTR Pro to some of your other optics?
Still doing some evaluations but it’s definitely one of my favorites now. Glass is real nice as is reticle and elevation knob for use and tooless zeroing. I have a Bushnell XRS3 on its way to me now so another to add to the mix.

Still doing some evaluations but it’s definitely one of my favorites now. Glass is real nice as is reticle and elevation knob for use and tooless zeroing. I have a Bushnell XRS3 on its way to me now so another to add to the mix.
Following up - did you get the XRS3? How would you compare FOV on the two?

Following up - did you get the XRS3? How would you compare FOV on the two?

Yup got the XRS3. It's a very nice scope in it's price range. Glass is good and like a Razor II in clarity. The Pro has slightly better glass but is also a few hundred dollars more. Cutting through some mirage that day at the range the Pro did it a little better. I really like the EQL reticle in the XRS3. Even without illumination it's easy to see on darker targets. FOV is close. I think the Pro is a little bigger but the XRS3 has plenty to shoot matches. The XRS3 pretty easy to get behind and get on target. I still think if given the choice of having to pick I would take the Pro at this point but luckily I don't LOL so the XRS3 will stay on a rifle.

Reactions: Hkmiller
Greatly appreciate this. Been looking for glass for a while. It has been down to the XTR Pro and the Vortex G3. The pro deal have them at a 1080 buck difference. So I think I'm pretty sold at this point. Also had the LRP S3 on the menu but the Pro is 440 cheaper.

Now I'm trying to learn about the 2 SCR reticles. The Tremor 5 dont look to be moving so well on the market and it does seem a bit busy.

Greatly appreciate this. Been looking for glass for a while. It has been down to the XTR Pro and the Vortex G3. The pro deal have them at a 1080 buck difference. So I think I'm pretty sold at this point. Also had the LRP S3 on the menu but the Pro is 440 cheaper.

Now I'm trying to learn about the 2 SCR reticles. The Tremor 5 dont look to be moving so well on the market and it does seem a bit busy.
tremor sucks and costs more

Reactions: Rob01
Yup pass on the Horus reticles. I use the standard SCR2 in my scopes but some like the 1/4.

tremor sucks and costs more
Tremor 5 sucks less and I see both arguments that it’s dumb and that we’re dumb for not taking the time to like it.

Reticles notwithstanding, the red accents on the Pro will get you kilt innastreets.

• Haha
Reactions: ATwoSomePlace
Tremor 5 sucks less and I see both arguments that it’s dumb and that we’re dumb for not taking the time to like it.

Reticles notwithstanding, the red accents on the Pro will get you kilt innastreets.
Haha!! Seeing a LOT of XTR Pros in the PRS this year at both club and Pro Series levels. It's actually pretty cool to be able to pick them out in a line of rifles.

Regarding reticles, the Tremor reticles are definitely a very niche type of reticle. The people that love them really love them. The regular SCR2 and 1/4 mil SCR2 outsell the Tremor by significant margins.

Haha!! Seeing a LOT of XTR Pros in the PRS this year at both club and Pro Series levels. It's actually pretty cool to be able to pick them out in a line of rifles.

Regarding reticles, the Tremor reticles are definitely a very niche type of reticle. The people that love them really love them. The regular SCR2 and 1/4 mil SCR2 outsell the Tremor by significant margins.
Yeah, on pro deals its more expensive on sites it cheaper lol

Reactions: Birddog6424