• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gentlemen, I need your help-I'm now going blind trying to decide on a scope for a Bergara B14 R

OutThere

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 23, 2020
I'm looking for a scope for my Bergara B14 R. This is my first foray into precision rimfire.

The majority of my shooting will be at 50 yards from a bench. I have some physical problems precluding me from shooting prone. So standing and the bench are my choices.

I come from Precision Pistol and Olympic Pistol, so I understand the importance of the proper equipment and it's cost. I have numerous $2k-5k pistols.

I don't, however, want to buy equipment that's overkill for my application. I'd prefer to spend money on ammo.

I'm looking at a scope/ring/rail budget of $500-$1000.

I've spent hours here reading everything I could about optics. I would appreciate any input.

Thank you.

I use vortex diamondback 6-24x50 on our rimfires. We shoot tikkas and rugers from 25-200 yards regularly. Good glass, no worry warranty, pop up on the hide often. You can usually get one with extras for under 400.
I definitely agree on more dollars down range rather than stacking them on the rifle. We started with Hawke scopes and are very happy with what we use now.
Enjoy!

Sharpest optics in the < $1000 range I found was the Athlon Ares ETR which can be found used for $900-950 with functionality for a lot of things (4.5-30x56).

Now if you're only talking about shooting from a bench at 50 yards, then I'd just get a fixed zoom scope. Like an SWFA 20x42 scope.

If purely bench too then -

Reactions: tsgarp
So I bought a EGW 40 moa rail I believe well under $70 and a crimson trace 6-24x scope at bass pro with the rebate it was under $500 out of pocket.. I also got a set of vortex 34 mm precision matched rings so all in total I’m prolly about $750.. I love this scope it’s made in Japan but it’s really nice and clear, reminds me of a nightforce looking through it, it parallax down to 15 yards, I love the retical and it passes the box test and repeats well I have cranked it up and back to 450 yards about 6x and so far no issues with returning to zero.

I would look at the Vortex Viper PST Gen 2 5-25 X 50. IMO the glass is much better than the diamondback and still keep you within your budget.

Gjmen22

Reactions: STex