• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors Georgia Bill Passed

Hayden_SilencerCo

Private
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
The bill to legalize hunting with silencers in Georgia just passed the senate 48-5.
Very exciting news.

Hayden Henderson
Social Media Director
SWR Manufacturing
5511 S. 6055 W
West Valley City, UT. 84118
O 801.417.5384 | F 801.417.5002

Re: Georgia Bill Passed

Half way there! Let's hope it rolls through the house and across the governor's desk without issue!

how are they communicating it in their legislature? are they conveying it as safety item or how do they explain it to people who

1. think they are illegal
2. only think they know what they are from movies

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hayden_SilencerCo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The bill to legalize hunting with silencers in Georgia just passed the senate 48-5.
Very exciting news. </div></div>

Lets hope its received this well across the board. I see struggling to afford a suppressor in my near future...

Thanks for the heads up. There is another thread about this. Here is a link.

<span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'">GA considers allowing hunting with suppressors</span>

Senate Bill 301 is sponsored by Sen. John Bulloch, who says allowing hunters to use silencers would keep them from disturbing their neighbors. The Ochlocknee Republican says hunters would still have to have a federal permit to possess a silencer and argues this does not create an unfair advantage for hunters.

"As our growth patterns have changed and we're having more and more residential properties infringing on hunting properties," Bulloch said. "If you have a silencer on your hunting gun, the noise would not disturb neighbors as bad. This doesn't really have anything to do with fair chase. It's about trying to be respectful to people in residential areas."

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3046314#Post3046314

Duplicate post,but we are VERY excited about this bill.
Glad ive beat the rush and bought my cans from fellow ga boy David Sailors of LIBERTY CANS,hes gonna be runnin non stop and its really gonna move suppressors fwd a giant leap in Ga . A big thanks to all involved. Click links in main post and continue to email the reps.

Hell, i would love to thread the barrel on my Weatherby, but a can wouldn't do me much good for me sound wise. I would simply love to do it recoil wise. after 15 years of shooting it, i ended up having 3/4" of dead bone cut off of the end of my clavicle & a new joint made between it & the scapula. Feels real nice on a rainy December morning on the side of a tree here in GA.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mr22250</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hope Texas would consider this also. </div></div>

It's in works. Texas Parks & Wildlife has started the process and sounds like it has a strong chance of being effective for the 2012 deer season.

For more info: http://www.ketknbc.com/news/silent-hunting-in-texas-suppressors-may-be-on-the-way