• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Get in line New Yorkers

Re: Get in line New Yorkers

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYpatriot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IdahoMike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYpatriot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Everyone needs to remember the most important thing. There is one, and only one way a gun confiscation can even have a snowballs chance of working. Traitors with badges will have to try and collect them. Hopefully we don't have any of those.

Do we?

Any of our LEOs ready to make that pledge? Don't answer here, but you oughta be thinking about it. We all owe it to the men and women in blue to call our stupid politicians and convince them not to put our law enforcement in a position where they have to walk away from their livelihood to keep their integrity. </div></div>

The fact of the matter is that our nation is full of traitors. People gotta eat, if one LEO won't do the job there are 10 maybe 100 assholes who will sell their soul to the devil for some type financial security.

It's resiculous that folks claim LEOs would never do that job! Well shoot I guess we will see who's got a set when it all goes down. Not that it applies to all LEO but... A LEO would never infringe on our constitutional rights, right???</div></div>

Dont overlook the last part of what I wrote. We enlightened citizens MUST put pressure on our representatives to do the right thing and prevent our LEOs from being in that position to begin with.
If that fails though, the last line of defense are the men in blue...and possibly green. They must do the right thing or this country is lost. Whatever failures transpire before then, the statists can only succeed with the cooperation of men with badges or green IDs. We must not give it to them, no excuses. </div></div>

I appologize, I should have articulated my comment a little more. I am on this damn IPhone and typing is a beotch! What I was trying to convey is the fact that some (even though it may not be local LEOs) "sort" of LEO in tht position and plenty of bodies to do the job no one else wants. By some "sort" I mean a new entity entirely.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ouch, time for mass exodus from NY for gun owners. </div></div>

This is the problem nation wide. When will we get pissed enough to actually do something about it all instead of packing our trash and running? If that goes down here in TN it's time to lock and load, I ain't runnin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, and those damned cats are running me out of the stuff, too. I love 'em, but wow, kitties; that's prodigious...

Gotta get out the snow blower, clean out the drive, and trek down to Watkins Glen for more. Just when I thought all my holes were pegged pre-Christmas, too.

The times, they are a'toxic.

Get over myself. OK, good advice now, good advice anytime. If that's the way I'm coming across, I needed that; so thanks, all.

Greg </div></div>

We got your back, Homey.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm no longer talking about that "Yankee Hatred".
</div></div>
No one said anything about that, except you!
All that was said and warned, is the way they try to turn their new place into something like their old place.
It does not matter if it's about guns, burning leaves in the fall, having to get a permit or not, having a garden in the front yard, or how tax money is spent on what services. If you want it just like home, Please by all means, fell free to stay there. If you looking to better yourself and changing your ways, that's something different. Just adhere to how things are done in the new place.

Look I appologize if I bruised any moomoos. I live here, this is my home. Until you have someone come to your home and start feathering their nest with ideals and principles completely foreign to the native culture....then you can't understand.

I have neigbors but wouldn't know it, because they veiw me as someone foreign to them, because we have nothing in common. The last assholes that moved into the neigborhood were welcomed just like all the others. My wife and I took them home canned goodies, candies, etc. Welcome basket so to speak. The lady informed us we couldnot buy her friendship. Most people from the north cannot understand southern tradition and what constitutes an insult. I see this ALL the time here. Hear it at work when the other "redneck peckerwoods" talk around teh break room.

I am sure Greg you and I would get along just fine. As long as you didn't turn your nose up at my wifes pear preserves
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armorpl8chikn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I have neigbors but wouldn't know it, because they veiw me as someone foreign to them, because we have nothing in common. The last assholes that moved into the neigborhood were welcomed just like all the others. My wife and I took them home canned goodies, candies, etc. Welcome basket so to speak. The lady informed us we could not buy her friendship. </div></div>

!!!!! I dont have the words....sometimes only an elbow will do.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armorpl8chikn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Look I appologize if I bruised any moomoos. I live here, this is my home. Until you have someone come to your home and start feathering their nest with ideals and principles completely foreign to the native culture....then you can't understand.

I have neigbors but wouldn't know it, because they veiw me as someone foreign to them, because we have nothing in common. The last assholes that moved into the neigborhood were welcomed just like all the others. My wife and I took them home canned goodies, candies, etc. Welcome basket so to speak. The lady informed us we couldnot buy her friendship. Most people from the north cannot understand <span style="color: #CC0000">southern tradition </span> and what constitutes an insult. I see this ALL the time here. Hear it at work when the other "redneck peckerwoods" talk around teh break room.

I am sure Greg you and I would get along just fine. As long as you didn't turn your nose up at my wifes pear preserves
smile.gif
</div></div>

In mah best and deepest drawwwwwwll..."Southern Hospitality".

I/we have "Neighbors" that live up to 600 miles every direction,... Then their are those folks that reside just down the road, who many of us around here have named,...Whinny and his Bitch.

Greg,
I'm trying to decide if you're drunk or just stupid.

First, you say <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike;

You're swinging at friends here.

Greg</div></div>

Then you write this shit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
This OP was a mistake to begin with.

The way it been used to take potshots at fellow gun owners is just a compounding of the original stupidity.

The fact that it's was started and emboldened by a <span style="font-style: italic">Site Moderator</span> is an absolute outrage.

Words fail me when I think beyond that.

I don't really care what happens around here anymore.

Greg

</div></div>

It was a mistake to post a link to an article? I didn't write the fucking article? Who are YOU to judge what can or can't be posted here? Last time I checked I answer to Lowlight ONLY, not you.

Next because I'm a site moderator I'm not allowed to post or have an opinion? Who do you think you are??

Take your arrogant condescension and stick it up your ass. With friends like you, who needs enemies? With attitudes like yours I can't see how New Yorkers are our "friends"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I/we have "Neighbors" that live up to 600 miles every direction,... Then their are those folks that reside just down the road, who many of us around here have named,...Whinny and his Bitch. </div></div>

Who would that be?

U.S. Dept.of Justice uses these numbers:37k licensed handgun owners in NYC and 21k long gun licenses and two million illegal firearms.New Yorkers probably care about any new laws since they ignore the existing ones.Me neither.

well im a cop in the great state of TEXAS and no way i hell would i ever work a weapons round up first of all it wouldnt happen in this state anyway we welcome all law abiding gun toters second i retire the min the goivy made me or tride to make me do this, my rifles and ammo are just thet MINE COME AND TRY TO TAKE THEM YOULL NEED A SNIPER NAD A SACK LUNCH

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I/we have "Neighbors" that live up to 600 miles every direction,... Then their are those folks that reside just down the road, who many of us around here have named,...Whinny and his Bitch. </div></div>

Who would that be? </div></div>
That would be the folks from NJ that moved in 2 years ago, towards the end of the road. Bitch about burning leaves, no building permits required, ect. When we got 8" of white a few years back at Christmas I guess my volunteered time, fuel and equipment was not to their standards, either. When the nators came thru in April last year most of us HillBillys cranked up our own power plants, they bitched for 3 days during, (in a home that had 100% power via a 40Kw gen set, that was a loner) then 5 days after the event. All the while watching folks that lost love ones, plus everything else they owned prior.

Then again they may have a hard on for me, but I did bury their dog deep, so the POS did not stink up the hood. They thought their dog was within its right to challenge my grandson for my property. I thought different,... Funny the S/O and PD agreed with me, of course that was not like it was "Back Home", either

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Greg,
I'm trying to decide if you're drunk or just stupid.

First, you say <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike;

You're swinging at friends here.

Greg</div></div>

Then you write this shit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
This OP was a mistake to begin with.

The way it been used to take potshots at fellow gun owners is just a compounding of the original stupidity.

The fact that it's was started and emboldened by a <span style="font-style: italic">Site Moderator</span> is an absolute outrage.

Words fail me when I think beyond that.

I don't really care what happens around here anymore.

Greg

</div></div>

It was a mistake to post a link to an article? I didn't write the fucking article? Who are YOU to judge what can or can't be posted here? Last time I checked I answer to Lowlight ONLY, not you.

Next because I'm a site moderator I'm not allowed to post or have an opinion? Who do you think you are??

Take your arrogant condescension and stick it up your ass. With friends like you, who needs enemies? With attitudes like yours I can't see how New Yorkers are our "friends" </div></div>

Wow Greg, for all your outrage with those who are against 'NYer's telling others what to do' you sure do know how to validate our thoughts. Dude - you're a peach. Don't let anyone tell you different.

Mike - + 1,000

Good luck

Wow this thread is still rocking strong huh?

Site moderator or not. Right or wrong, the guy is entitled to post his opinion on whatever he feels like. If he thinks that EVERYONE is NY is the same, then he is ignorant and uneducated in the matter but his opinion is his opinion and he can post whatever he wants.

As to the overall sentiment of this thread, I can totally understand and agree. Took a road trip out west several years ago and I met some of the nicest people around. It actually took a while for me to get accustomed to not getting cut off, people greeting me out of the blue and strangers holding doors open. It's a different way of life, slower pace.

I wouldn't want transplants fucking that up if I was a native. Who wants some stranger shitting on their front lawn? To the residents of either MT or WY, you got nothing to worry about. I'm coming your way, I enjoy red meat, country music, cheap beer and I mostly keep to my own. Oh and I love the thought of law abiding citizens being armed if they so choose to be.

They will never come for your guns outright, unless they can construct some "national event" requiring a Martial law situation, which I wouldn't put past them. Barring that however, like everything it's a slow and drawn out process wherein you slowly loose your rights so that you don't notice it's happening and there's no call-to-arms. Banning the sale is just the next step in the continuum, once XYZ gun is banned it's only a matter of attrition before it's out of circulation/ownership. The banning of private sales/transfers is the real holy-grail of gun-grabbers as it would speed up the attrition rate many fold. Cass Sunstein is one of the POTUS' right hand men and has been a major proponent of this slow and incremental stripping of rights but he's just one of countless many in our timeline who have known and practiced this ideology. The bottom line is that this works and we're losing little bits of ground everyday.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: donniedee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">well im a cop in the great state of TEXAS and no way i hell would i ever work a weapons round up first of all it wouldnt happen in this state anyway we welcome all law abiding gun toters second i retire the min the goivy made me or tride to make me do this, my rifles and ammo are just thet MINE COME AND TRY TO TAKE THEM YOULL NEED A SNIPER <span style="color: #FF0000">NAD</span> A SACK LUNCH </div></div>

What would they need a sniper's testicle for?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IdahoMike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: donniedee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">well im a cop in the great state of TEXAS and no way i hell would i ever work a weapons round up first of all it wouldnt happen in this state anyway we welcome all law abiding gun toters second i retire the min the goivy made me or tride to make me do this, my rifles and ammo are just thet MINE COME AND TRY TO TAKE THEM YOULL NEED A SNIPER <span style="color: #FF0000">NAD</span> A SACK LUNCH </div></div>

What would they need a sniper's testicle for? </div></div>

For some people, a 'nad <span style="font-style: italic">is</span> ...

... a sack lunch.

crazy.gif

Kelly is smoking something ! " ASSAULT WEAPONS " were BANNED here in NYC in 1991 by the former worst fucking Mayor in history David Dinkins.
There is nothing to confiscate.

If he is referring to the State ? good luck .

its seems everyone whose anyone in NY is trying to jump on the anti-"assault weapon" band wagon in the hope of gaining enough support to run for president in 2016

this is all dumb. its like saying lets ban dodge, yeah ford,chevy are ok but no one else well, just not dodge they are bad and kill people.

There are 2 New Yorks, for sure. Theres the Shitty, and then the rest of it. Ive been up in the Finger Lakes where Greg live, and its beautiful, and fairly laid back. The folks are friendly.

I really dont see how people live in the NYC, just one on top of another. Where I grew up we would go out rideing horses in the hills and mabey see one other person all day. I tried living in an apartment in Austin and after about 5 months I found myself low crawling everywhere and about to go off the beam. Some just werent meant to live close. Respectfully, not just the northerners, but even the westerners, nor the Texans, dont know what we mean when we say "The South". You had to grow up here. Its slow, but clear. The town I grew up in was under 3000 population. If something was amiss everybody knew right away. YOu know everyone and everyone knows you. You meet peoples eyes with yours. Thats one of the things I cant stand about NYC...no one will look you in the eye.

I bought sone friends from NYC out to my ranch in Texas and they were impressed with its beauty..for about 5 minutes then they needed something to do.."Whatdaya do around hear?"...Well we listen to the trees grow, the wind in the grass, sometimes the coyotes over the ridge...but they needed to get to town and some lights and action...just different cultures I guess. We had the privilege of getting our asses whipped pretty good a while back. Kind of humbles you. And its warmer...the less time and energy you have to devote to staying warm the more you can kick back and enjoy what you got. When I think of home it goes something like this.....

[video:youtube]http://youtu.be/czyqbdEJaaw[/video]

rather than this...

[video:youtube]http://youtu.be/Sx1PF6Mt0-Q[/video]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> When I think of home it goes something like this.....

<span style="font-weight: bold">rather than this...

[video:youtube]http://youtu.be/Sx1PF6Mt0-Q[/video]</span>

</div></div> Damn, I've always wanted to go to NY, but now I'm not sure. I could feel my blood pressure rising just watching that video. To many people for me, I'd feel claustrophobic if that makes any sense...

I for one am leaving this shit hole and moving to Vermont. its really hellish living 2 miles from the PA boarder.

We have tons of southerns up here drilling for gas. None of them are polite and they seem to think they own the place. They are buying up the local politicians and doing what ever the hell they please. They drive fast and close of roads without consulting the local government at whim. Hell they closed of a private road and didn't let the guy who owned it drive back to his own home. So really spare me your complaints about Yankees your just as big assholes as we are.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Respectfully, not just the northerners, but even the westerners, nor the Texans, dont know what we mean when we say "The South". You had to grow up here. Its slow, but clear. The town I grew up in was under 3000 population. If something was amiss everybody knew right away. YOu know everyone and everyone knows you. You meet peoples eyes with yours. Thats one of the things I cant stand about NYC...no one will look you in the eye.

</div></div>

You are not describing North vs South, you are describing Rural vs Urban. I could have written the same thing about growing up in a tiny town that is decidedly North. I was in Atlanta two weeks ago, which is decidedly southern. Virtually everybody I met was a rude asshole. Do you want to claim credit for them?

This geographical pissing match is dumb. I've been lucky to travel far and wide in this country, and while there are cultural differences geographically there were good guys and assholes everywhere. If you stay out of the cities, the good guy:asshole ratio improves significantly.

I agree that if people relocate they should do so to somewhere that they enjoy the NEW setting and adapt to it, not change it. I've seen more than enough of city people relocating to the country to "get away from it all" and the first thing they do is scream to have their road paved, bitch about the farmers, and call in noise complaints every time they hear a gun fired. Where I grew up I knew everyone in a three mile radius, now there are a bunch of new houses there and nobody knows them because, just like the city where they came from, they don't talk to their neighbors and wouldn't be able to pick someone living on the next lot out of a lineup.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ATH</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Respectfully, not just the northerners, but even the westerners, nor the Texans, dont know what we mean when we say "The South". You had to grow up here. Its slow, but clear. The town I grew up in was under 3000 population. If something was amiss everybody knew right away. YOu know everyone and everyone knows you. You meet peoples eyes with yours. Thats one of the things I cant stand about NYC...no one will look you in the eye.

</div></div>

You are not describing North vs South, you are describing <span style="color: #FF0000">Rural vs Urban </span> . I could have written the same thing about growing up in a tiny town that is decidedly North. I was in Atlanta two weeks ago, which is decidedly southern. Virtually everybody I met was a rude asshole. Do you want to claim credit for them?

This geographical pissing match is dumb. I've been lucky to travel far and wide in this country, and while there are cultural differences <span style="color: #FF0000"> geographically there were good guys and assholes everywhere. If you stay out of the cities, the good guy:asshole ratio improves significantly.</span>

I agree that if people relocate they should do so to somewhere that they enjoy the NEW setting and adapt to it, not change it. I've seen more than enough of city people relocating to the country to "get away from it all" and the first thing they do is scream to have their road paved, bitch about the farmers, and call in noise complaints every time they hear a gun fired. Where I grew up I knew everyone in a three mile radius, now there are a bunch of new houses there and nobody knows them because, just like the city where they came from, they don't talk to their neighbors and wouldn't be able to pick someone living on the next lot out of a lineup. </div></div>

Largely your right, but Ill take warmer/friendlier to icedoverfrozennortherntundra/friendly anytime.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunman_7</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> When I think of home it goes something like this.....

<span style="font-weight: bold">rather than this...

[video:youtube]http://youtu.be/Sx1PF6Mt0-Q[/video]</span>

</div></div> Damn, I've always wanted to go to NY, but now I'm not sure. I could feel my blood pressure rising just watching that video. To many people for me, I'd feel claustrophobic if that makes any sense... </div></div>

Perfect sense. The last time I spend a night in NYC I was on the 32 floor of a hotel in midtown. Woke up about 2 am and wondered what woke me up. As I lay there I realized that it was the noise...at 2am on the 32floor of a hotel there was a higher ambient decibel level than in the small city I lived in at noon. Thats when i wsore Id never cross the Hudson south of Tarrytown again. Just too many people packed too tight.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The last time I spend a night in NYC </div></div>
Mine was circa 69, left nothing there, nor is there enough money.
Seen shit there,... back then that,... makes me wonder if mental illness is taught and embraced, in most large city's.

All large city's remind me of the "Roach Motel" ad.
crazy.gif
Some more than others.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ATH</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Respectfully, not just the northerners, but even the westerners, nor the Texans, dont know what we mean when we say "The South". You had to grow up here. Its slow, but clear. The town I grew up in was under 3000 population. If something was amiss everybody knew right away. YOu know everyone and everyone knows you. You meet peoples eyes with yours. Thats one of the things I cant stand about NYC...no one will look you in the eye.

</div></div>

You are not describing North vs South, you are describing <span style="color: #FF0000">Rural vs Urban </span> . I could have written the same thing about growing up in a tiny town that is decidedly North. I was in Atlanta two weeks ago, which is decidedly southern. Virtually everybody I met was a rude asshole. Do you want to claim credit for them?

This geographical pissing match is dumb. I've been lucky to travel far and wide in this country, and while there are cultural differences <span style="color: #FF0000"> geographically there were good guys and assholes everywhere. If you stay out of the cities, the good guy:asshole ratio improves significantly.</span>

I agree that if people relocate they should do so to somewhere that they enjoy the NEW setting and adapt to it, not change it. I've seen more than enough of city people relocating to the country to "get away from it all" and the first thing they do is scream to have their road paved, bitch about the farmers, and call in noise complaints every time they hear a gun fired. Where I grew up I knew everyone in a three mile radius, now there are a bunch of new houses there and nobody knows them because, just like the city where they came from, they don't talk to their neighbors and wouldn't be able to pick someone living on the next lot out of a lineup. </div></div>

Largely your right, but Ill take warmer/friendlier to icedoverfrozennortherntundra/friendly anytime. </div></div>

When we moved here, we had neighbors bringing us housewarming gifts, inviting us to dinner, and offering help before we even had the moving van unpacked. Looks like you would have just looked at the license plate and said "damn Yankees" and drove on by. I see nothing warm and friendly, nor intelligent, about that stereotyping attitude.

First, Texas isn't the south, it's the southwest. Sorry Texas, geography doesn't lie.
wink.gif

Second, "Southern Hospitality" is a well known and deserved term. You've never heard of Northern Hospitality, only Northern Hostility. hahaha

If there are those of you that think we are standing at the banks of the "Tugg",... I give you led.

I've heard of Northern aggression,... does that count?

Greg,
Please don't lose the faith, and definetly don't give up on this forum.
I personally like your posts and respect your opinion's.

On a side note, you were a little emotional here, but it didn't deserve the unwarranted attack. IMHO
The fight in front of us will not be won on a gun forum, we all need to realize this.
Hope your back shortly.
Miles

I'm back.

So I got outta line and used the 'F' word.

But I don't apologize for sticking up for my fellow New Yorkers who have stayed the course. I'm staying here, and if anybody wants some more of the Fuck Yous, then try slamming New Yorkers again, I'll be on ya with double portions.

For now, the only difference between New York and some other Libtard states and the rest of you is that we have what you will soon have. Soon that won't be such a distinction. Should we New Yorkers then thumb our noses at you and say we told ya so? I won't, but some will, and maybe, just maybe, y'all will have earned it in spades.

When you talk about New York, you talk about us all. When you talk about NYC, you're leaving out Albany, Rochester, Syracuse, Ithaca, Buffalo, on, and on. They are our crosses to bear, not yours. Turning up the ridicule is just another way of helping the grabbers. Soon, it'll all be just as true in Athens, Rocky Mount, Pensacola, and even Corpus Christi. We are all leaving the frying pan; fire..., next stop.

I tell you once again, that when gun owners squabble, the grabbers win. None of what's gone on here is helping change that status quo, and none of it is any kind of shining example of gun owners hanging together the way you and I will need to in the coming days.

Now will somebody please stick a fork in this stupid topic so we can move on together?

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ATH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This geographical pissing match is dumb.</div></div>

2568136-148466d1281912468-why-do-you-post-foh-4503.end_2d00_of_2d00_thread_5f00_do_2d00_not_2d00_post_2d00_more.jpg

POST.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'm staying here </div></div>
Thank you.
Please advise your neighbors to due the same and remain fighting the good fight, as we are doing just fine on our own.

Let me see, NFA toy's are "Now" open across the board do to a action/fight a few years back. We are going forward with the suppressor an hunting push. Open carry and CCW prevails here. There is to be a Public range built in every county, via Pitman/Robertson. The one completed 4-5 years ago (just 10 miles away)is to be the std state built/run, has 5 ranges 25/50/100/200/and S/G with about 8 stations each, not counting 2 handicap at each. The local inmates get to experience the outdoors by cleaning it up, mowing the grass ect.

Cheers,

Thank you; I'll pass on the good advice. And Mike, while we may not see eye to eye on everything, you and the others whom I trashed in anger do deserve my apology. Again, when gun owners squabble, only the grabbers win. I had forgotten that for the moment.

I googled "news gun confiscation NY', and found a lot of hits. But not one in the first three pages of hits was from a major news outlet. While I have no doubt about the veracity of the claim, I'm still a bit surprised that we didn't see it covered by Fox, at very least.

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thank you; I'll pass on the good advice. And Mike, while we may not see eye to eye on everything, you and the others whom I trashed in anger do deserve my apology. Again, when gun owners squabble, only the grabbers win. I had forgotten that for the moment.

Greg</div></div>

Greg,
I posted that as a heads up to ALL New Yorkers to be alert and vigilant. I can't remark on the validity of the source but I'd rather give the heads up than it go by unread. I'm sorry you read too much into that as an attack on NY'ers. The bad apples seem to be from the city and sometimes we erroneously lump everyone together.

I'm going to quote Benjamin Franklin and say " "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately"

I saw this thread earlier and didn't have time to respond. Bashing somebody like Greg isn't going to help the situation. He simply resides in a state where he's fast becoming the minority (responsible gun owner) just like the rest of us. So we should all move to where? And our X amount of electoral votes will amount to?

There's no need to take what we're all going to have rammed down our throats on one of our own. It concerns me that we are becoming a country of two very diverse groups that can't see eye to eye on a very basic right of self-defense and protection from a tyrannical government.

The first time around (albeit for different reasons) it was called the war of Northern aggression and there was nothing civil about it.
This country has been divided every sense, and that is a fact.
I moved from east Pasco co. in 93 because Florida was getting over run with Change's. Last home I built in that county came out of the ground in 1987, I had to pay an "impact fee" for the privilege of living on that dirt road of $1,875.43 due at Permitting or C/O.
I'd lived/worked in Pasco(Dade City)for 15 years prior. Just after we moved in we got hit with a "Solid waste Fee" that was now due every year" did not matter we were paying for trash pickup, that did not count. Then along came "Andrew",... after I seen the state response and calls for "There should be law's" and the Insurance company's responses, the hand writing was on the wall.
My Aunt and cousins, Wife's aunt, and friends still live there, and we compare notes on Ins, tax's, crime, the normal asshole factor, ect. I miss none of it, and 90% of it is from elected folks who came from somewhere else trying to make it like "Home".
As <span style="color: #009900">Mike</span> said, there are two Florida's and if in fact you are in the Tampa Bay I wish you luck, because your going to need it.
Folks moving in from out of state is all well an good, and I don't have an issue with that,... but leave what you were running from, where you left.

I ask you this, who runs everything from Key west to Orlando on the east coast, and to Chiefland on the west coast?

Since this is all for me, I guess I am one of your Northern
Aggressors. You see I got drug to this state by my grandmother in the early 70s because her parents had a home here in the 50s. You don't have to tell me how bad it is here, I've watched it.

I do remember how we were welcomed by the residents with their local businesses. I didn't know that in 1974 it cost $87 to replace a flasher for a '70 Duster, but Floridians taught us. Your customer service means sticking it to them the first time because there might not be a second chance. I had a local boss that used to make us push broke down cars into his gas station. I'll never forget him telling his captive female client that had been on the way to the vet to get her damn dog to fix the car if she didn't want to pay him.

After a bad freeze all the farming locals sold out to developers. Throw in a LOT of corrupt good ol' boys in the form of commissioners and we have what we have. Please don't act like all the locals put up a good fight telling government what they wanted. Please don't act like a bunch of carpetbaggers were holding office when all the Yankees moved here. An awful lot of people had to take the money and run for it to be this way. The county that gave birth to citrus has the least amount of acres in citrus today.

A solid waste fee funds things like electricity generating incinerators rather than stuffing trash in the ground constantly. You probably voted for impact fees to keep the damn Yankees out. So the law meant for one group impacts the wrong person. Can't imagine this state's cracker jack group of politicians effing that up.

This state is FULL of a group that still swears FDR was the greatest president that ever lived. And they've voted that way for 70 years. FDR gave them something and they don't care if they've been paid more than they ever put in, they DESERVE it because it was PROMISED to them.

So you ran off to another state. You might not live to see it, but do you really believe it won't happen there? If it wasn't for a hurricane or two keeping them honest you don't think the same people would be moving to the coast there? I guess you should ask all the people in Northern California about that and Colorado as well. Where are we all going to run to in the future?

Florida and the south in general started changing with the advent of A/C.

When you refer to O/G-fruit ect groves, do you fully understand "Green belt" and what it has to due with tax's? Depending upon who's setting on the board, your at the whim of their "Long term plan's", and selling is a no brainer, BTDT.
As far as running away, I don't look at it like that, nor do the hordes that have moved from Florida or this country and taken all their bucks with them.
Where I live in Alabama it's like Florida of the 50's with a tax base of the 70's and I do enjoy it, very much. Am I sorry about leaving there, not no but hell no.
I fought the good fight and spent a lot of money/time doing it, but doing the same thing over an over w/o a different result is what?
Glad you like Florida, I did too for awhile, but other options were/are more pleasing. Thankfully I have paid my last property tax bill, as here when you retire you don't pay for that or, fishing/hunting license, plus many other benefits.
The "address" is for other folks not me, I got tired of paying for the "Coast Line, Gated communities, TIA/Miami international, the hosing up of the glades ect w/o at lease a little Vaseline.
I fought the "Good fight" in Indiana, Florida, and Montana, it has took away from my family and retirement. It has not started in Bama "Yet"and hope it never does, I have another place in mind if it does.
Keep your progress moving forward down there, I'm all for ya.

I really don't like it here, although currently we have some pretty respectable firearms laws compared to the rest of the country. Please don't take it the wrong way, I understand why people leave and I'll probably be one of them. The Florida I grew up in and loved is long gone. You could call me a political prisoner of the Florida family law system at the moment.

I'm just saying this as an example. One of the pioneer families in Pinellas county was the Taylors. The last ones just sold their land several years ago for $13M or so to the county. And FYI, "green belt" here meant they stuck a cow or two on their 150 acres a few days a year to keep THEIR taxes low. It means what was going to be a dove field in my last hunting club turned into a pine farm.

Fortunately, the county bought Taylor's land and made it a park rather than Largo getting it for MORE houses. If not for people like Greg staying and NICELY trying to show people the error of their ways, what will we eventually have? If you start dialogue with hate you're not going to change anybody's mind.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYpatriot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Same thing out west, Californians fleeing from the sinking ship of a state and bringing the plague with them to Colorado, Montana, and others. </div></div>

The Exodus began in the 1980's, all moving up to Seattle, then East to Montana but it was too cold so they went south to Colorado.

Best way to decide where you want rights at is to find a state that did *not* pass an MJ law, only liberla states pass MJ laws.

WA and Co just passed gay marriage and free to smoke weed laws. They are trying to reinvigorate the 1960's here...peace, love....here man......LOL

This thread makes me sad on multiple levels.

First- The infighting and bickering amongst us. I fear that in my life time, supporting each other is going to be needed more than ever.

Second- That NY is universally hated, yet anything north of Orange county is rural farms. We have the largest of the National parks, beautiful farmland, and abundant water.

We never cried when an ice storm severally damaged our maple syrup industry. Or when the Tug hill gets buried in snow every year. We simply deal, take care of it and move on. Not like downstate that cries to the media all the time.

This makes me sad because it means that upstate NYers are not welcome anywhere. We are out lobbied by downstate interests, and we are not welcomed by our brothers elsewhere in this nation.

Third- Relocation is the typical response to our cries. Never mind the fact that we already dig in and fight the weather, and we are not folk to run. But some of us have homes, farms, or other generational ties that we are not going to turn our backs on.

I restored the family homestead, help run one of the oldest businesses in town, and will not leave my family behind for anything.

Fourth- Lastly, the worst part is that NY, CA, or CT... whomever drafts the harshest laws that manage to stick through the legal processes, these laws will set president. Which will be used against the rest of the country.

I am not leaving my family, my land, or my home. Tell me not that I get what I deserve, for something wicked this way comes to all of us. Just because we suffer it first does not mean it will be satisfied.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> WA and Co just passed gay marriage and free to smoke weed laws. They are trying to reinvigorate the 1960's here...peace, love....here man......LOL </div></div>

IMO, you can't legislate morality. WOD is an incredible waste of money. I'd rather see it taxed to fund treatment. Weed? As I heard in a CDL class once, nobody ever robbed 7/11 for some munchies. As far as gay marriage goes, watch how they like it when they're introduced to gay divorce.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fngmike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> One of the pioneer families in Pinellas county was the Taylors. </div></div>
I spent a lot of time Talking to Mr. E.B.Larkin of Dade City before he passed away. I was there the day he made Ellis Bank load all his money into his old pickup because "that person" from up north had pissed him off, and he wanted me to help load his money. Ellis bank closed not to long thereafter, by the way. (Seems FDIC had enough of their management style as well.)
I recall the DC/PD having to escort him to the Bank of Pasco 6 times, to deposit his "cash" all the while the P/SO was returning the same cash back to Ellis bank so E.B. got "His Cash", not a "Piece of Paper" as he called it.

Also spent many a Saturday afternoon fishing with Mr Smith in Hernando co. You might know that name from a few Office supply stores, he owned down in your area and the rest of the state.

Both men came to the same conclusion, Fla was a lost cause, due to the influx of folks who want "Home" there. The kids of both wanted nothing but the "Money",... so they all sold everything then moved on, when both passed away. I really enjoyed listening to both , and miss them both very much.
Lykes, Pasco/packing and Florida Refrigerated, put Dade City on the map, now look at it. Thats the future of Florida, Dade City use to produce, now it's just like the rest of the state, a Consumer,...
People say if the trucks stop running, NYC will implode within 72 hrs. Fla is quickly becoming the same.
Guess that's why many truck drivers, shy away from Fla. Not much freight outbound unless you have a reefer. Then again anything that has NYC as the final destination, pays much higher, why would that be?

Wonder what would happen if we took a Thompson 45 acp SMG and went to shoot mullet in the channels of Tampa and St. Pete(aka dead Pecker Ridge) tomorrow, like we did when I first moved there.
Both S/O's as well as their PD's showed up every-time, Not to take us away, but to shoot the SMG's, They always killed more mullet than we did, a SMG vs their Shotguns was a good match, but not when it was 8-1.