• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Getting maced and gassed tommorrow.....

InTheWeeds

Sergeant
Minuteman
Anyone have some good advice? We are doing chemical training tomorrow at our jail- gonna get OC'ed with TopCop (10% OC) and then gassed with CS. Im not too worried about the CS, but I have been maced before with a weak 4% OC, but never anything upwards of 10%..

Re: Getting maced and gassed tommorrow.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: In da weeds</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">Anyone have some good advice?</span> We are doing chemical training tomorrow at our jail- gonna get OC'ed with TopCop (10% OC) and then gassed with CS. Im not too worried about the CS, but I have been maced before with a weak 4% OC, but never anything upwards of 10%.. </div></div>

Call in sick.

When I went into the gas chamber in basic I was told by a Marine to be a little dehydrated. I gave it a shot and I came out way better than the rest of my platoon. Wasn't to bad actually. Some were coughing a spitting up breakfast something fierce. For me it was uncomfortable and irritating but not nearly as bad a most. I expected a far worse outcome.

If the lable says CR,... just sit down,... it won't hurt long.

mace part is going to suck something fierce, just do what they tell you and stay calm.

Gut it out. Sounds simplistic, but it's gonna suck regardless. I wouldn't eat but that's just me. I can take about anything on an empty stomach.
Whenever you shower, it will re-activate the OC to some degree so be prepared for that.
Make sure you wash your hands thoroughly and repeatedly before you urinate....don't ask....

it doesnt matter what you do...it's going to suck....i still watch the video's of myself getting sprayed every once in awhile...

bench

Milk does a body good... mmmm...

Seriously... have something else for breakfast... or nothing for that matter...

Practice Saying: Full Name...Social... favorite MRE... first pets name... and and any other random personal information as fast as possible...

It all depends on how much CS they unleash-if they pop a grenade it could be rough, if they onyl do a few capsules it could be iffy (depending on how many they charge the chamber with).

CS can be ok, and it can be horrible. From what I have seen it varies greatly by the person.

It's all part of the experience
smile.gif

Don't let anticipation of the experience get into your head.

But, if they want to do the same kind of thing for your Glock training, then be sure to call in sick.
laugh.gif

Just follow what you learned in training. The ones who take it the worst are those who panic and forget everything they were supposed to be learning in the classroom.

Effects are only temporary. You aren't dying. Water is good for one and bad for the other. Ventilation is great for both. You can continue to fight through either.

Have fun.

I'd take OC any day over CS. I can deal with the burn but I cannot force myself to breath in a thick CS environment. When I was hit with OC in the academy they caught me with both eyes wide open and I jammed my hands into my pockets and just stood there for 20 minutes while most everyone else was walking around and clucking like chickens. I've taken numerous inadvertent hits of OC since then and I can tolerate it pretty well. Rest assured that it will burn like hell when you get into the shower afterward.

Neither CS or OC makes me vomit and recovery from the CS is always quicker than from the OC for me but neither is a pleasurable experience. They seem to have varying levels of incapacitation with different folks. Keep in mind that the discomfort is temporary, don't let it overwhelm you and you should be fine.

If it isn't CN, you'll be fine within an hour.

OC is only really bad when it gets into your eyes. So, close them.

If you want to hedge your bets, and pussy out, get some Bio-Shield decontaminant spray and spray it on your face and eyelids before the training. It smells bad, but it will stop much of the skin-burning sensation from the OC.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: In da weeds</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone have some good advice? </div></div> I do, but it is about what to check out at the library. I hope you are already asleep and resting peacefully because tomorrow is coming and you cannot stop it. If you 'must' receive these treatments than you have already accepted a small zen-like mentality that things will come at you that will hurt. The topics you mention are quick, blinding pains that fade quickly. You will hate it and then enjoy that it passed. When you post again, about the experience, you will laugh at the pain no longer remembered. Zen-like-ish....

I have had both. CS is worse. That is why they call it the Disco Hut in the Army. The masks come off and everyone starts to Pop N' Lock all over the dance floor. No thanks.

However I had a severe cold the first time I went through. All that shit poured out and I felt great for about 6 hours.

Definately don't rub your face, face into the wind and decon with shit loads of water. Have a change of clothes handy and a trash bag to seal your contaminated clothes in. Go first so you can enjoy the suffering of your fellow team mates.

Had the same experience as CKA with snot running out my nose like a faucet. Felt like a champ afterward though. Definately beats cold medicine!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have had both. CS is worse. That is why they call it the Disco Hut in the Army. The masks come off and everyone starts to Pop N' Lock all over the dance floor. No thanks.

However I had a severe cold the first time I went through. All that shit poured out and I felt great for about 6 hours. </div></div>

+1

Yeah, I did the gas chamber a few weeks ago. Not pleasant, but it could have been worse. Have fun.

use johnson and johnson baby soap/shampoo. works wonders for getting off the mace. apply a coat and let it sit on your face til it dries, don't be stingy with it. wash it off and repeat a couple of times.

as far as the cs, best thing to do is suck in your lips, get them wet and use your upper teeth as a filter. spit as needed. spent three months helping with the gas chamber. after the first few weeks one can smoke cigs and not be affected by it.
smile.gif

The reactions are related to histamine production, similar to allergies and respiratory infections. Premedication with antihistamines will help with the body's reaction and also result in some degree of dehydration. Eat nothing prior. Protect your exposed skin with petroleum jelly. As far as eyes are concerned, I'm guessing that no pretection will be allowed. But once outside the exposure, do not rub them, and do force yourself to keep them open as much as possible, to allow the irritants to disperse. Do not rub exposed skin, as it drives the irritant into the pores, prolonging it burning effect.

My Elder Brother was stationed at Fort McClellan, ChemCorps HQ; and ran these kinds of chamber familiarization exposures several times weekly. This advice is based on his advice to me before entering the military service.

In some ways, the exposure can be kinda beneficial, Your sinuses and lungs will be more clear afterward than they probably were for years previous. In The Corps, my first exposure came during a bout with something bordering on pneumonia. After I recovered from the exposure, the pneumonia-like symptoms were gone and did not return.

Greg

In the academy (about 15 years ago) we were exposed to CS and CN - apparently I am one of those people that gets fucked up pretty bad by that shit. It was nasty. After the academy we got sprayed with OC - it was bad but it was misted over us so within a half hour or so I was fine. Got inadvertently sprayed a few times on the street - no huge deal. A couple of years ago I went to OC instructor school. We stood outside in July and got sprayed straight in the face with what seemed like half a can. Then we had to fight at 100% for 3 minutes. I assumed I would curl up in a fetal position and cry for my mommy but I actually was able to fight and did pretty well - I guess I'm tougher than I thought. It sucked for a while. My eyes burned for a couple of days. It affects everyone different. Some guys were fine within 30 minutes or so.

ETA: I guess you'll be getting it pretty soon. So, how'd it go?

Bottom line is to just do it and see what happens.

O.C.= liquid hell in your face. Pray that it is not oil based and definately get a little bottle of baby shampoo to decon with. Try to relax and steady breathing!

and when do they plan to taser you?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sjohnny</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In the academy (about 15 years ago) we were exposed to CS and CN - apparently I am one of those people that gets fucked up pretty bad by that shit. It was nasty. After the academy we got sprayed with OC - it was bad but it was misted over us so within a half hour or so I was fine. Got inadvertently sprayed a few times on the street - no huge deal. A couple of years ago I went to OC instructor school. We stood outside in July and got sprayed straight in the face with what seemed like half a can. Then we had to fight at 100% for 3 minutes. <span style="font-weight: bold"> I assumed I would curl up in a fetal position and cry for my mommy</span> but I actually was able to fight and did pretty well - I guess I'm tougher than I thought. It sucked for a while. My eyes burned for a couple of days. It affects everyone different. Some guys were fine within 30 minutes or so.

ETA: I guess you'll be getting it pretty soon. So, how'd it go?

Bottom line is to just do it and see what happens. </div></div>

awesome!

Im glad alot of Police Forces make their officers go through that now, your going to get sprayed or get residue on the street, need to know how you are going to react. How would you have fought if you were in a actual fight and got maced? At least now you have the confidence and know how you are going to react.

I wonder if this is a reason most officers prefer the tazer versus the mace now.

Have a very light breakfast.... dont drink Juice.... Citric acid will make you sick.

Few sips of water to keep the lips moist... Too much liquid in the bladder and if you panic you piss yourself... Take a big dump as well... Seen a few guys shit thsmselves..

Big thing is to not panic once the party starts and keep as calm as you can.. Controlled breathing will stop you taking too much cs into your lungs.. I was told to wash my eyes out with milk as well.. stops the mace causing too much irritation. worked a charm for me...

I did it a few times in training and I swear what i used to do while the party was on was to sing a song in my head quite slowly.. You would be surprised if you think about that how efficient it works. Dont panic..

BTW: You dont have any known cardiac problems do you ? Asthma ?

I've been hit with OC/CS several times either in the academy or buy a stupid partner. Yeah, it hurts, you're probably gonna drool & sling snot. You'll live though, it's not that bad. Sit back and laugh at everyone around you getting hit with it.

Take a gallon of milk and wash it off with it! I have been hit with that stuff so many times, I cant count.

To toughen up before the spraying, take a handful of Daves insanity sauce and rub it on your junk. The spraying later wont even bother you~

Holy Shit!!! This thread is ridiculous! It's CS and Mace/OC for crying out loud, not Ricin or Anthrax. Just man up and take the pain. It will only hurt for a little bit.

Well finally done with it. For those of you who say it doesnt hurt, you havent been doused with 10%. That shit burns worst than anything you can imagine for about 15 minutes. No matter how hard you try, you cant open your eyes. Water helps, but only while its flowing. Air worked the best. After that initial torch on the face burning sensation, it felt like a really bad sunburn for about 10 minutes. I guess if you can tolerate the pain if you take your mind off it. One guy was telling jokes and if we paid attention, it helped.
As for the CS, it was nothing. They just threw a grenade in a field and made us walk through it. It stung the eyes a bit, but that was it..
Would I do it again.. Hell no.. But Im glad I did it to learn the effects and how to fight through the pain.

I remember when we had to do it, they allowed us to put it on our finger and wipe it under our eye, if you tried to switch fingers they sprayed ya right in the eyes!!! It was funny to see who all tried to switch. I've never blown that much snot in my life!!!! It wasn't that bad. I've been sprayed more by partners when I was wrestling suspects you never get use to it.

Try bear spray thats the bad ass shit. Put it on your buddies steering wheel or his door handle. you have to do it at night though it has orange die in it and they will see it. Oh good times.

Mick

Getting gassed and oc'd together? Just kidding- by far the oc was the worst! Take that back- the shower after getting both REALLY sucked. Enjoy the experience at least you can say you did it right!

They both suck, but the OC depends on the formula used. The percentage doesn't make a lot of difference, it's the other shit it's combined with. We use Fox Labs, and it is some really nasty shit! I've been Tasered 4 times as an instructor, but I'd still take that over Fox Labs OC. I felt sick all day after that crap, and the Taser ride is done in 5 seconds. (Seems like 5 hours though...)
smile.gif

Donnie