• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gibbs repro M73B1/Weaver 330C scopes update.

gunnergirl81

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 2, 2008
KCMO
Heard from Val with Gibbs rifle co the other day and he advised the new M73B1 replicas would be in stock in the next few weeks. He also said he be bringing some to Camp Perry. No stake in his company or such, just passing along word. Here is his description of the new scopes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is the M73 model, 2.5 power, Hi-Lux manufacture, thin reticle, minute of angle adjustement, 3/4" steel tube, 50 clicks of adjustment.

Retail is $349.95. </div></div>

Re: Gibbs repro M73B1/Weaver 330C scopes update.

If I rememember right, it was one of Gibb's rifles that won the Vintage Sniper Match last year at the Eastern (maybe Western) games.

Ive heard some good stuff on his rifles, though I haven't shot one my self.

Thanks for the update, Kenda.

I hope that these will be a big improvement over the first scopes that Gibbs offered on their 03A4 clone/reproduction rifles which were NOT good scopes by any scale (sub-standard manufacturing/components, reverse windage/elevation dials, didn't stay zeroed and had poor tracking at best, etc. on the ones I have used).

As for the rifles themselves, Gibbs has caught a lot of crap (some deserved...some not deserved) about their 03A4 offerings but every single one I have seen and fired (3 different ones now) has been VERY nice. Accurate, reliable and overall very good "reproductions" of the originals. There are a couple of threads here on the Hide from HateCA and others with detailed reports on the rifles that are worth a read to all interested in them. I have had a couple chances to pick one up for myself now, but the funds either weren't there at the time or otherwise got diverted into other projects. I WILL HAVE ONE BEFORE THE YEAR IS OUT, DARNIT!!!
wink.gif
No good excuses left...particularly since Gibbs is only 2hrs east of me here in West-by-God Virginia!!

I sent Val and Email about his upgrade program but never got a reply, guess I'll have to send another.

Great news. Yeah, Gibbs caught a lot of flak a while back, so I lost interest in buying one then, but have not lost interest in his rifles. Hope the new offerings will be good, as I like them, a lot.