• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors Glock front sight question

biggjake

Private
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2002
Las Vegas,NV.
I picked up a Glock 19 late last year and recently went to install a set of sights.I got the rear on ok,but I'm having a hell of a time removing the front sight.Unlike the Glocks of ten years ago,which just had the plastic units you could remove with a pair of pliers,mine has a better,all steel unit with a screw/bolt holding it in place like most aftermarket sights.The problem is that none of the glock tools I've tried will clear the area around it's head and get a tight enough bite to unscrew it.Has anyone else had this problem?Thanks

Re: Glock front sight question

I have a double ended glock front site tool almost like a mini hex- nut driver thats made to fit in there it works great.I did have one that came with a rear site adjustment tool that was off centered and I ran into a similar problem,thats when I went out and picked up the one above.

The problem is that there dosent seem to be enough space towards the front of the slide for the sight wrenches to clear.Its like the walls of the wrench are too thick.I first tried a double ended model,then today tried an Ed Brown wrench,both from brownells.I'm starting to wonder if my slide is machined a little out of spec?

Ive got a 21sf and have noticed the same thing. It looks like you would have to have a paper thin wall socket to get ahold of the little bolt head under the slide. Reckon its possible that they designed the bolt head to seat against the slide on one flat to keep it from turning once installed? If so can you turn the front sight ifself to loosen it? Id like to put different sights on myself so Im wondering about this as well.

Same as Lindy.

Have you rounded off the top of the head yet? If so, and there is enough material, you can tap it off with the right sharp bladed micro tap.

Is there a torque spec on this front sight setup, or is it "Use locktite and stop just before you break it"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RECKON SO</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there a torque spec on this front sight setup, or is it "Use locktite and stop just before you break it" </div></div>

Snug. Too tight and that little screw will snap off.