• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RiverRatMatt

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 5, 2012
Boise, ID
Been using Ameriglo Defoor sights for a while, but I'm curious if there's anything better out there. I have a G19, Tactical Solutions .22 conversion, and G20, so when I invest in sights I want to make sure I choose wisely :p

There are a lot of different options out there ranging from very basic (Defoor, which are excellent for what they are by the way) to classic (3-dot sights), to crazy new-age (Sure Sights).

What have you guys found that works best for you? I'm looking for a combination of fast acquisition and precision.

The 24/7 Big Dot Tritium sights seem to be very highly recommended from what I've found.

Look at Dawson Precision.

Don't overlook 10-8 Performance either. I have their sights on pretty much everything they make sights for & I own. I'm really hoping they start making sights for the USP soon. . .

I use sevigny carry sight. I believe they are made by dawson precision. Been a while sense i've looked at pistol sights.

I use only the Trijicon HD with the orange front dot, but I'm sure the yellow works perfectly fine also orange is just my preference. The good thing is it's like having a set of XS big dots but with a U notch rear sight best of both worlds in my book.

Look at Dawson Precision.

This is what I recommend also, I have Warren/Sevigny sights on my G35, I have broken 2 front shooting IDPA/USAPA matches, the Dawson's have a beefier front sight base, and Dawson warranty's them.

I used to run the standard Trijicon GL01 or GL04(.45 version) and was happy. I have fiber optic on my G35 USPSA gun, which works well for its' purpose. But, for a carry gun/duty gun/off-duty, etc. I've been making the transition to Heinie Straight-8 ledge sights. Big dot out front, smaller one for rear, stack them, and you're set. If you want precision, the front sight is narrow, lets good amount of light in to the rear notch to help you center front post in rear notch. Want fast acquisition? Stack the sights -BOOM, done.

I think there are many good sight options out there. And, at $100, or more for ONE SET, yeah, you want to spend wisely. I like the straight 8, a LOT. The serrated rear and front sight, tritium inserts, ledge for 1-hand reload/malfunction clears, robustness of construction are all stellar.

There is my $.02. Let us all know what you did.

Shoot safely!

-G45

I have been using the Heinie Straight 8's (LEDGE) for awhile now. They work well.

I recently swapped my G30 sights out for a set of Advantage Tactical. I have been happy with the sights and find them a good value for the money.

Replaced the factory Trijicons on my Gen. 1 Model 17, and my wife's Gen. 2 Model 19, because the tritium was fading out. I put Heinie SlantPro three dot night sights on both of them, and also on my Gen. 3 Model 26, which came from the factory without night sights.

The sight picture on the Heinie's is perfect for me. Did my annual firearms qualification last week with the 26 and cleaned the night course. My old eyes need all the help they can get, especially at night.

The XS Big Dots seem nice for a small carry pistol like a G26/27/29/30, but I use Trijicon. Always have. They work and they're rugged. I've damaged other sights before, but not these. They'll replace the tritium in their irons for not too bad of a price too. I use the Meprolight adj. sights for when I want adj. target sights with tritium (17L, 20). Damn nice sights too, only good adj. tritium Glock sights I know of.

Can't go wrong with Trijicon for fixed, Mepro for adj. Been using those on Glocks for many years with zero complaints.

Been using Ameriglo Defoor sights for a while, but I'm curious if there's anything better out there. I have a G19, Tactical Solutions .22 conversion, and G20, so when I invest in sights I want to make sure I choose wisely :p

There are a lot of different options out there ranging from very basic (Defoor, which are excellent for what they are by the way) to classic (3-dot sights), to crazy new-age (Sure Sights).

What have you guys found that works best for you? I'm looking for a combination of fast acquisition and precision.

The 24/7 Big Dot Tritium sights seem to be very highly recommended from what I've found.

I have XS 24/7 big dot sights on my glock 19, shot with them, BUT havent ran it hard enough to truely give you a good feedback...but so far, for close range engagments, its fast target accuistion!!!

I use only the Trijicon HD with the orange front dot, but I'm sure the yellow works perfectly fine also orange is just my preference. The good thing is it's like having a set of XS big dots but with a U notch rear sight best of both worlds in my book.

Nailed it right here, the front is super fast and with a wide rear notch there is still plenty of precision. I was ringing the 1/2 scale IPSC steel at 75 yards the other day and loved it. Thats about my max accuracy with a pistol and to be able to do it with a system conducive for speed is a great bonus.