• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Glocks Work. Period. End of Story.

Glocks work. Anyone who disputes that is a fool.

The part I don't understand is liking them. Unreasonable attachment to an inanimate object that has no quality workmanship or artistic value. It is the shoelace of the gun world.

Lots of things work but they have no soul.

A service pistol is that "serviceable".

If you are an enthusiast you want something more sometimes.

Its been that way forever.

Sure lots of Vikings slaughtered people with some serviceable mixture of carbon and steel but there was reason someone went to the trouble of building and naming the Ulfbehrt line of ancient swords.

Glocks work, M&P 45s work, Berettas work, and if you can keep yourself from being an amateur gunsmith 1911s also work just fine. I dont want to run up against anyone carrying any of them.

The part I don't understand is liking them. Unreasonable attachment to an inanimate object that has no quality workmanship or artistic value. It is the shoelace of the gun world.
why do construction workers have a favorite brand of hammer?.....why do artists have a favorite brand of pencil?......why do chefs have a favorite brand of knife?

craftsmen like tools that work well and work consistently.......it doesnt mean they cant make other tools work.....it doesnt mean other craftsmen cant have different tools they prefer.

if shooting is your craft.....it doesnt matter what your gun looks like....if it performs well for you, you are going to have an attachment to it.

Huh?

You lump "liking" and "unreasonable attachment" together but they're very different things.

I like Glocks for all of the reasons people mentioned above about functionality/going bang, but I don't understand how that equates to an "unreasonable attachment".

I like the 2 1/2 inch S&W revolver in my nightstand for various reasons, but I don't have an "unreasonable attachment" to S&W.

Reactions: Centuriator
True, you might laugh, but my favorite 9mm is my Taurus PT-99. It’s a copy of the Berretta M9 but has a frame mounted safety like a 1911. It just flat out shoots. I have 9 or 10 mags for it. It’s big and heavy so no recoil to speak of. I won’t trade it for anything.

If glocks are so great, why didn't the us mil choose them over the sig ? I own a 19x/G43, but hate glocks in general. Maybe I have been shooting a 1911 for way too long. I will never get used to the grip angle on one.

Does anyone have the new G45 yet ? I been thinking about buying one.

1. The Sig was Cheaper.
2. Refer to 1

*Anyone in the US Army who actually shoots pistols will NOT be shooting the Army's new Sig....They shoot what they want and it isn't a Sig....It's a Glock. The new Sig is for shoulder holsters in the chow hall.

I like the 2 1/2 inch S&W revolver in my nightstand for various reasons, but I don't have an "unreasonable attachment" to S&W.

Now there you are missing something special.

If you handle a rebated/pinned Smith and Wesson you have a piece of artisan produced precision in your hand. A man with skills had to put it together and massage it creating a true piece of awesomness.

I love it that old guns are not in vogue lots of deals on intricate examples of watchmaking that many dont give a second look.

Reactions: RTH1800
Those unreasonably attached get on the 'net and get outraged defending a cheap piece of plastic and pot metal. The worm gear in my radiator hose clamp works. I am not unreasonably attached to it and take no offense to those who point out that it is cheap, functional and ugly. They would get no response from me at all.
I get humor out of those who defend a Glock as high quality, just as I would get humor out of a guy who tries to sell me on the beauty of his fat stripper girlfriend. No offense (Shankster)

Reactions: 1500varmint
If glocks are so great, why didn't the us mil choose them over the sig ? I own a 19x/G43, but hate glocks in general. Maybe I have been shooting a 1911 for way too long. I will never get used to the grip angle on one.

Does anyone have the new G45 yet ? I been thinking about buying one.

Sig gets points for the innovation that everything we used to consider the "traceable gun" is now disposable and what we used to consider "parts" has been unitized, is serialized, and is now drop in to any frame as damage or customization requires.

There will be more of this to follow.

What? You don't like a favorite tool? I have a hammer I've used for decades and I like it.

You probably can't understand that either, huh?

Those unreasonably attached get on the 'net and get outraged defending a cheap piece of plastic and pot metal. The worm gear in my radiator hose clamp works. I am not unreasonably attached to it and take no offense to those who point out that it is cheap, functional and ugly. They would get no response from me at all.
I get humor out of those who defend a Glock as high quality, just as I would get humor out of a guy who tries to sell me on the beauty of his fat stripper girlfriend. No offense (Shankster)

The whole "Glocks are ugly" argument has never made any sense to me, but then again, I have no experience with fat stripper girlfriends either, maybe you have?

:)

I have had two friends who had fat stripper girlfriends. That is the extent of my experience with them.

I do understand the attachment to a quality tool that stands up to years, even generations of hard use.
ED4E40E0-B9C2-4DB5-BC65-4E159D4A979E.jpeg
These have been in constant use in my family for 3 and 4 generations. Worn out barrels and parts. Sorry, your plastic gun simply won’t stand up to that. The plastic will wear thorough and be thrown away long before they get to this point. You will move on to some other recycliced plastic POS

You've never really lived until you've made it with a big fat blondie stripper girlfriend ;)

I do understand the attachment to a quality tool that stands up to years, even generations of hard use. View attachment 6996302These have been in constant use in my family for 3 and 4 generations. Worn out barrels and parts. Sorry, your plastic gun simply won’t stand up to that. The plastic will wear thorough and be thrown away long before they get to this point. You will move on to some other recycliced plastic POS

show me on the doll where the bad glock touched you

also polymer guns have steel frame rails.....so where exactly is it going to "wear through"......

If people would bother actually to read the OP they will understand it was written to address the assertion/criticism of Glock that they do not "innovate" ... in other words, complaining that Glock is not like Ruger. I pick Ruger for comparison because of all the major gun manufacturers I think you would be hard pressed to identify a company that comes out with a wider product offering and product mix based on customer input than Ruger. So, why does Glock not "innovate" like Ruger? Or for that matter? Does Glock really need to "innovate" as some define innovation?

That's the point of the OP.

For the slow learners: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

And Glock just works...read this, if you haven't already.

I wrote this up for a buddy who was caught up in typical gun forum debates over Glock and how Glock does not "innovate" and ... well, you know how it goes. FWIW...

Re. Glock and innovation...

Here's the deal...Glock has provided the world with the most combat-tested, combat-proven firearm ever invented, selling in excess of twenty million of them.

They are easy to use.
Easy to maintain. Easy to shoot.
A trained monkey can field strip them. An average IQ human can detail strip them.
There are tens of thousands of after-market parts and gizmos for them. You can customize them to your heart's content.
They perform reliably and consistently right out of the box, even with their stock crappy sights.
They get the job done. They are intended to be and always have been combat-accurate handguns useful for CQB situations of every description.
They are legendarily resistant to abusive environmental conditions and abusive human operators.

Glock does not need to "innovate" ... they just need to keep their quality control strong and keep churning out these marvelous polymer-framed wonder guns.

The Glock inspires endless online debates among mostly keyboard warriors who have never gone in harms way, never experienced the terror and thrill of the two-way range and have never heard, let alone fired, a single bullet fired in anger in their lives, and hopefully never will. Let these types debate, whine, cry and otherwise *****/moan/debate about Glock not "innovating" all they want. The rest of us will just smile and nod and say, "That's nice, honey."

Glocks work. Period. End of story.

Do Glocks ever break? Of course they do. Do some have issue? Sure, they do. But....compared to the millions and millions out there....nope. There is a "selection bias" at work on gun forums surrounding anything discussed, so keep that in mind.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1VD1D1hLsQ

I don't hate them at all. I have owned several. Might still have one. Need to look in my BOB. I kept it in there with the plastic sporks.

I prefer the single stack ones. They are the best polymer pistol made. They shoot on the sights. Head and shoulders above the other striker fired poly pistols. Most of which don't shoot on the sights among other shortfalls. Glock is the only one I would consider owning and I have tried most of them. I simply find amusing those who regard them with reverence and defend them with spite.

In the few thousand rounds I have fired through a Glock I have had ZERO issues. They easily do their simple task, over and over. I am surprised they ever break if not modified or fired hundreds of thousands of times.

I type this all in a spirit of humor and good will.

Last edited:
I wrote this up for a buddy who was caught up in typical gun forum debates over Glock and how Glock does not "innovate" and ... well, you know how it goes. FWIW...

Re. Glock and innovation...

Here's the deal...Glock has provided the world with the most combat-tested, combat-proven firearm ever invented, selling hundreds of millions of them. They are easy to use. Easy to maintain. Easy to shoot. A trained monkey can field strip them. An average IQ human can detail strip them. There are tens of thousands of after-market parts and gizmos for them. You can customize them to your heart's content.

But on the other hand, they perform reliably and consistently right out of the box, even with their stock crappy sights. They get the job done. They are intended to be and always have been combat-accurate handguns useful for CQB situations of every description. They are legendarily resistant to abusive environmental conditions and abusive human operators.
Glock does not need to "innovate" ... they just need to keep their quality control strong and keep churning out these marvelous polymer-framed wonder guns.

The Glock inspires endless online debates among mostly keyboard warriors who have never gone in harms way, never experienced the terror and thrill of the two-way range and have never heard, let alone fired, a single bullet fired in anger in their lives, and hopefully never will. Let these types debate, whine, cry and otherwise *****/moan/debate about Glock not "innovating" all they want. The rest of us will just smile and nod and say, "That's nice, honey."

Glocks work. Period. End of story.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1VD1D1hLsQ
The most combat tested?
It saw service in WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam and other, countless military responses throughout the world? Oh, wait, no it didn't.
So, that statement right there is a lie. A few, small countries have adopted it, none of the MAJOR world powers have adopted it. So, again, LIE.

If Glock was such a unique creation, why does it use the tilting barrel system developed by a true genius, John Moses Browning?
A officer that used to work at my department was one of those glock fag boys. Used to talk trash about my 1911. My 1911 has NEVER malfunctioned with factory ammo (some of my shitty reloads have caused problems.
On two different qual dates, his glock malfunctioned, what is really funny, is they were two different glocks.

The most combat tested?
It saw service in WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam and other, countless military responses throughout the world? Oh, wait, no it didn't.
So, that statement right there is a lie. A few, small countries have adopted it, none of the MAJOR world powers have adopted it. So, again, LIE.

If Glock was such a unique creation, why does it use the tilting barrel system developed by a true genius, John Moses Browning?
A officer that used to work at my department was one of those glock fag boys. Used to talk trash about my 1911. My 1911 has NEVER malfunctioned with factory ammo (some of my shitty reloads have caused problems.
On two different qual dates, his glock malfunctioned, what is really funny, is they were two different glocks.

Depends on how you define "combat" and for that matter before you get all weepy about the 1911, or any other "combat handgun" you do know that they are rarely, if ever, used in combat. You seem very emotional.

Glocks used by major militaries around the world? Check. In combat? Check. Used by LEO around the world? Used in real-world gunfights/combat? Check.

YOU lie. You sit on a thrown of lies! :)

These have been in constant use in my family for 3 and 4 generations.

These have been owned by members of my family for 3 and 4 generations.

There, fixed it for you.

You take the FUDD award in the comments though, congrats.

Have you seen the two newest single stacks? The Glock 43X and the G48. I'd like to try them out to feel how they shoot. The longer grip is appealing.

I need to check out the current product line. I would like to see what they offer in 10MM.

Back to my other point, it amazes me how few pistols actually shoot on or near the sights. I had an XDS that shot a foot low at 15 yards. Glocks simply don't do that in my limited expirence with 5-8 of them.

The most combat tested?

ummm....glock is used by damn near every country in the world in one capacity or another

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glock#Users

30 seconds on google will prevent you from looking like a fucktard in the future

I need to check out the current product line. I would like to see what they offer in 10MM.

Back to my other point, it amazes me how few pistols actually shoot on or near the sights. I had an XDS that shot a foot low at 15 yards. Glocks simply don't do that in my limited expirence with 5-8 of them.

I've observed the same thing with my glocks.

Depends on how you define "combat" and for that matter before you get all weepy about the 1911, or any other "combat handgun" you do know that they are rarely, if ever, used in combat. You seem very emotional.

Glocks used by major militaries around the world? Check. In combat? Check. Used by LEO around the world? Used in real-world gunfights/combat? Check.

YOU lie. You sit on a thrown of lies! :)
So, according to you, World wars don't classify as combat? The Korean war didn't classify as combat?
I have no attachment to my 1911, as a matter of fact, I don't carry it anymore.
I do, in fact, carry a polymer framed, double stack 9mm. I choose, however, to carry an excellent firearm, one with fantastic ergonomics, reliability, excellent sights and an excellent trigger. A CZPO9.

What major militaries standard issue the Glock?
There are only three, maybe four, major militaries. US, Russia, China and India none of which carry the Glock as standard issue.
Cops use Glocks because they are cheap and they frequently don't have a choice. Glocks are throwaway crap.

Still nothing other than the G22, but in my opinion, the G22 is the best semi-auto chambered for the 10mm out there. I owned one for a while. Shot it, had fun with it. Lots of noise. Big boom. I bought the hottest commercial 10mm I could find for it.

Reactions: rgrmike
I have no attachment to my 1911, as a matter of fact, I don't carry it anymore.
I do, in fact, carry a polymer framed, double stack 9mm. I choose, however, to carry an excellent firearm, one with fantastic ergonomics, reliability, excellent sights and an excellent trigger. A CZPO9.

What major militaries standard issue the Glock?
There are only three, maybe four, major militaries. US, Russia, China and India none of which carry the Glock as standard issue.
Cops use Glocks because they are cheap and they frequently don't have a choice. Glocks are throwaway crap.

You really make yourself look like the fool by referring to Glocks as POS and "throwaway crap." It betrays a lot of ignorance on your part. There is a reason every unit working today under the umbrella of SOCOM has and uses Glocks. But, given your last couple comments, there is no way you would possibly be able to understand why, so there is no further use talking to you. Cheers.

You really make yourself look like the fool by referring to Glocks as POS and "throwaway crap." It betrays a lot of ignorance on your part. There is a reason every unit working today under the umbrella of SOCOM has and uses Glocks. But, given your last couple comments, there is no way you would possibly be able to understand why, so there is no further use talking to you. Cheers.
I did ammo admin for NSW in Kuwait in 2007. I didn't see a single Glock. Saw plenty of Sigs and even a S&W 686, not a single Glock. Sure, they probably carry them now, if they drop it overboard, it's no great loss. They are so cheap, you just order another.
Just because the military uses something, doesn't mean it is worth a shit.
The Japanese issued the Nambu pistol, type 11 MG and the Type 92. All pieces of shit, yet they kicked ass for several years.
The Russians used the 91/30 for 60 years.
The US Marines issued the Reissing SMG.
The US Military issued the Krag.
The Italians issued the Carcano.

I am entitled to my opinion, dammit!
I'm good enough, I'm Smart enough and doggoneit, people like me!

Sig gets points for the innovation that everything we used to consider the "traceable gun" is now disposable and what we used to consider "parts" has been unitized, is serialized, and is now drop in to any frame as damage or customization requires.

There will be more of this to follow.
This brings up an interesting point to my mind. When one begins to actually disassemble firearms, you really take note of how they are built, how many parts, how easy or difficult they are to disassemble / re-assemble and replace. Stuff that isn't likely to present itself as obvious if you are just shooting them.

There are any number of recent polymer framed guns that seem to have better triggers, more accuracy...whatever. But when you take a Glock apart, you realize just how much gets done with so few parts. The geometry, the design, it really is genius. You also realize how much of that design has been copied by other manufacturers, and just how much they had to add to, and complicate the design to accomplish a very minute amount of improvement.

This brings me to SIG.

SIG is the only company that I am aware of, that actually tried to "out Glock" a Glock. The design of the SIG 250 is simple in the extreme! It is the ONLY locked breech pistol that I can think of, that is more simple than the Glock. Unfortunately, the buying public hated the trigger, and it sold poorly. To "out Glock, the Glock" they had to make it hammer fired and DAO.

The innovation of that model however, was the unitization and serialization of the fire control group. The SIG P320 carries that same concept but was a step back from the extreme simplicity of the P250. Time will tell if it holds up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Countries and entities that use or have used the Glock, not including about a Bazillion other police forces in the US and around the world:

Country Organization Model

Algeria Département du Renseignement et de la Sécurité and Special Intervention Group[93] 17

Australia Australian Federal Police[94] 17, 19, 26

Corrective Services NSW,[citation needed] New South Wales Police Force,[95][96] Queensland Police Service,[96] Western Australia Police,[96] and Northern Territory Police[96][97] 22, 23, 27

Tasmania Police and the Australian Border Force[98] 17

Austria Austrian Armed Forces[99][100][101] 17 (as Pistole 80)

Azerbaijan 160 Glock pistols purchased in 2013. Used by Azerbaijani Special Military Services[102] 19

Bangladesh Numerous law enforcement agencies and Bangladesh Army[103] 17, 22, 23

Belarus "Almaz" antiterrorist group[104] 17

Belgium Federal and local police forces[105] 17, 19, 26

Brazil Federal Police Department - Departamento de Polícia Federal (DPF)[106] 17, 19, 26

Federal Highway Police - Polícia Rodoviária Federal (PRF)[107] 17, 17MOS, 26

Canada British Columbia Conservation Officer Service,[108] —

Quebec Safety - Sûreté du Québec (SQ)[100] 17, 19, 26

Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) [only Canadian Air Carrier Protective Program (CACPP) members] 19

Ontario Provincial Police (OPP)[63] 17M

Chile [109] 17

Colombia "Gaula EJC" Army antiextortion and antikidnapping group[104] 17

Croatia [109] 17

Denmark Slædepatruljen Sirius special forces[110] 20, 26

Czech Republic Nonstandard sidearm issued to personnel on international deployments[111] 17

601st Special Forces Group[112] 17

Ecuador National Police[100] 17

Various special police units such as the GOE and GIR[100] 17

Fiji Tactical Response Unit[113] —

Finland Border Guard[114] —

Defence Forces[114] 17 (as 9.00 PIST 2008)

Department of Corrections (Vankeinhoitolaitos)[114] —

Primary service firearm of the police[115] —

Estonia Police service pistol.[116] —

France Certain naval and airborne units of the French Armed Forces:[101][117] French Army Special Forces Brigade, Commandos Marine (France), Research sections of Gendarmerie Nationale, National Gendarmerie Intervention Group, Recherche Assistance Intervention Dissuasion, Groupes d'Intervention de la Police Nationale, Service de Protection des Hautes Personnalités, Brigade de recherche et d'intervention, Groupe de sécurité de la présidence de la République 17, 19, 26, 34

Georgia Mainly used by GSOF and some MIA units.[100][101] 17, 21, 26

Germany GSG 9 of the German Federal Police German commando frogmen of the Bundeswehr under the designation P9[118] 17

Greece EKAM[119] 21

Greenland Siriuspatruljen[120] 20

Hong Kong Hong Kong Police Force (including special units such as SDU, CTRU, ASU and SBDIV),[100] ICAC and Hong Kong Customs 17, 19

Iceland Iceland Crisis Response Unit (ICRU)[121][122][123] —

Icelandic National Police[121][122][123] —

Víkingasveitin[121][122][123] —

India Maharashtra Force One[124][125] 17, 19

National Security Guards, MARCOS and Para Commandos[100][126] 17, 26

Special Protection Group (replaced with FN Five-seven in 2008)[127] 17

Indonesia [109] 17

Iraq Iraqi security forces (largest Glock user, purchased 125,163 pistols)[128][129] 19

Israel Israeli Defense Forces, Israel Police, Shin Bet[101] 17, 19

Jordan Royal Guard[100] —

Kosovo Kosovo Police, Kosovo Security Force[130][131] 17

Latvia Latvian Military[101][132] 17

Lebanon [109] Used by Lebanese republican guards, military intelligence forces and by some members of the Lebanese Special Operations Command brigades 17

Liberia [109] 17

Lithuania Lithuanian Armed Forces[101][133] 17

Lithuanian Police[134] 17, 19, 26

Luxembourg Luxembourg Army[135] 17

Unité Spéciale de la Police of the Grand Ducal Police[136][137] 17, 26

Libya [138] 17, 17P, 19

Malaysia Malaysian Armed Forces[139] 17, 19, 34

Malaysian Maritime Enforcement Agency[140] 19

Royal Malaysia Police[139] 17, 18, 19, 26, 34

Royal Malaysian Custom[141] —

Mexico Mexican navy[100] —

Monaco Compagnie des Carabiniers du Prince[142][143] 17

Montenegro Military of Montenegro[144] 17

Netherlands Dutch police (about 250 Glock 17 pistols in use as a stopgap measure by the Arrestatieteam (Dutch SWAT))[145][146][147] 17

Military of the Netherlands[101][148][149]

The Royal Marechaussee Brigade Speciale Beveiligingsopdrachten (Special Protection Assignments Brigade) persoonsbeveiliging (PB), observatie team (OT) and sky marshals sections also use the Glock 26[150] 17, 18, 26

New Zealand New Zealand Police[151] (an "unarmed service", but are trained to use firearms) 17

New Zealand Defence Force[152] 17

Niger In use with Police and Garde Présidentielle[153] 17

Norway Norwegian Armed Forces[100][101] 17 (as P-80, P-80NM1, and P-80NM2)

Papua New Guinea [109] 17

Pakistan Special Services Group[154] 17, 19

Philippines National Bureau of Investigation[100] —

National Intelligence Coordinating Agency[100] —

Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency[100] —

Philippine National Police[100] 17 Gen 4

Presidential Security Group[100] 17

Philippine Marine Corps Marine Special Operations Group (MARSOG)[155] 21

Poland Border Guard[156] 19

Military Gendarmerie[101] 17

Polish police[157] 19

Portugal Portuguese Marine Corps[101][158] 17

Public Security Police[158] 19

Republican National Guard[158] 19

Romania Romanian Armed Forces[101] 17, 17L

Russia Ministry of Internal Affairs (MVD), special forces[159][160] 17, 19

Federal Security Service (FSB)[161] 17

Special Operations Forces (Russia)[162] 17, 26

Saudi Arabia Saudi Arabian Army[citation needed] 17

General Security[citation needed] 19

Serbia Police of Serbia[163][164] 17, 19, 21, 35

Sierra Leone Sierra Leone Police[165] 17

Singapore Singapore Prison Service[166] 19

Special Task Squadron (STS) of the Police Coast Guard[167] 19

South Korea [109] 17

Spain Unidad Especial de Intervención (UEI) group of the Spanish Civil Guard[168] 17

Sweden Swedish Armed Forces[101][169][170] 17 (as Pistol 88), 19 (as Pistol 88B)

Switzerland Police (Gendarmerie) Cantonal of Geneva[171] 19

Swiss Armed Forces: Swiss Grenadiers, ARD 10, FSK-17[172] 17, 26

Taiwan Various criminal investigation bureau outside major cities[173] 19

Thailand National police (2,238 pistols)[100] 19

Timor Leste National Police of East Timor[174] 19

Trinidad and Tobago [109] 17

Ukraine [109] 17

United Arab Emirates [109] 17

United Kingdom British Armed Forces[175] 17 (as L131A1),[176] 17T (as L132A1)

Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI)[177] 17

Scottish Police Specialist Firearms Units[178] 17

Specialist Firearms Command of the Metropolitan Police Service[179] 17, 26[180][181]

United States Alaska State Troopers[182] 20, 22

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives[183] 22, 27

Drug Enforcement Administration[184] 19, 22, 23, 27

Federal Bureau of Investigation[185] 17, 19, 21, 22, 23, 26, 27

Florida Highway Patrol[186] 37

Homeland Security Investigations[187] 17, 19, 26

Internal Revenue Service – Criminal Investigation[188] 22, 23

Kentucky State Police SRT[189] 35, 27

Marine Corps Forces Special Operations Command[190] 19

United States Navy SEALs[191] 19

New York State Police[192] 37, 39

Oregon Department of Corrections[193] 22

Pennsylvania Game Commission[192] 31

United States Marshals Service[194] 17, 19, 22, 23

Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Corrections[195] 19

Uruguay Uruguayan National Army[196] 17

Venezuela Venezuelan Armed Forces[100][101] 17

Yemen Military of Yemen[197] 19

This brings up an interesting point to my mind. When one begins to actually disassemble firearms, you really take note of how they are built, how many parts, how easy or difficult they are to disassemble / re-assemble and replace. Stuff that isn't likely to present itself as obvious if you are just shooting them.

There are any number of recent polymer framed guns that seem to have better triggers, more accuracy...whatever. But when you take a Glock apart, you realize just how much gets done with so few parts. The geometry, the design, it really is genius. You also realize how much of that design has been copied by other manufacturers, and just how much they had to add to, and complicate the design to accomplish a very minute amount of improvement.

This brings me to SIG.

SIG is the only company that I am aware of, that actually tried to "out Glock" a Glock. The design of the SIG 250 is simple in the extreme! It is the ONLY locked breech pistol that I can think of, that is more simple than the Glock. Unfortunately, the buying public hated the trigger, and it sold poorly. To "out Glock, the Glock" they had to make it hammer fired and DAO.

The innovation of that model however, was the untization and serialization of the fire control group. The SIG P320 carries that same concept but was a step back from the extreme simplicity of the P250. Time will tell if it holds up.

Ever toy with a Luger?

True, you might laugh, but my favorite 9mm is my Taurus PT-99. It’s a copy of the Berretta M9 but has a frame mounted safety like a 1911. It just flat out shoots. I have 9 or 10 mags for it. It’s big and heavy so no recoil to speak of. I won’t trade it for anything.
Glad I'm not the only oddball! I have an affection for the Beretta 96D. I experience a very peculiar satisfaction in the way that they feel and sound when using them. There is something about the greasy smooth clickety-clack, the easy to handle recoil, and the long smooth revolver like trigger that I find familiar. I also tend to shoot them extremely well. The grip fits my hand like it was the model for it.

Reactions: Bender
The irrational exuberance a few express here is what I find humorous. I have no interest in what you use for EDC, range use, HD etc. I just find it hilarious how you defend your throw away plastic crap. They work. Period. Straws work. Sporks work. Glocks work.
The grease gun worked very well. No one got excited about it that I recall. They squirted bullets, were light and efficient. Thompsons were iconic and loved due to the fact that they worked and showed craftsmanship. They were not built by a plastic clicking monkey. As PMClaine said, they have a soul.

I did ammo admin for NSW in Kuwait in 2007. I didn't see a single Glock. Saw plenty of Sigs and even a S&W 686, not a single Glock. Sure, they probably carry them now, if they drop it overboard, it's no great loss. They are so cheap, you just order another.
Just because the military uses something, doesn't mean it is worth a shit.
The Japanese issued the Nambu pistol, type 11 MG and the Type 92. All pieces of shit, yet they kicked ass for several years.
The Russians used the 91/30 for 60 years.
The US Marines issued the Reissing SMG.
The US Military issued the Krag.
The Italians issued the Carcano.

I am entitled to my opinion, dammit!
I'm good enough, I'm Smart enough and doggoneit, people like me!

so you came out and said "no major military uses glock".....and talked about how the 1911 went throught ww1/ww2/ect.......now you are saying that just because the military uses it it doesnt mean shit?

YOU are the one the brought up the "military"......and what? now that you have been proven wrong it "doesnt matter"?

seriously, were you born this much of a fucktard?

Reactions: Bender
The implication is that other pistols don’t work and will jam. This is incorrect, and Glock fanboy BS.

I’ve owned Glocks since the first imports when you would draw dirty looks bringing one to the range. I don’t own firearms that malfunction more than once in a blue moon, but anything can break...

Glocks are inexpensive and work, hence their popularity with the procurement bureaucrats. They have shortcomings and compromises like everything else.

Hand a custom built rifle, made for tactical steel, to a bench rest shooter and they’re going to think it sucks. Hand a Glock to a bullseye shooter and they’re gonna think it sucks.

Glock is a great DA striker fired pistol, but it’s a DA striker fired pistol and isn’t going to be anything else. I carry one with confidence...like I could carry several dozen other pistols with confidence.

The implication is that other pistols don’t work and will jam. This is incorrect, and Glock fanboy BS.
if you bothered to read the post....that is not the implication at all

I’ve owned Glocks since the first imports when you would draw dirty looks bringing one to the range. I don’t own firearms that malfunction more than once in a blue moon, but anything can break...

Glocks are inexpensive and work, hence their popularity with the procurement bureaucrats. They have shortcomings and compromises like everything else.

Hand a custom built rifle, made for tactical steel, to a bench rest shooter and they’re going to think it sucks. Hand a Glock to a bullseye shooter and they’re gonna think it sucks.

Glock is a great DA striker fired pistol, but it’s a DA striker fired pistol and isn’t going to be anything else. I carry one with confidence...like I could carry several dozen other pistols with confidence.

Another voice of reason. The irrational hatred expressed by those who defend a cheap inantimate object needs further study.

A Glock wins the same prize given at the contest for the tallest midget.

I have 4 glocks. Three 19's and a G20SF. I have more Glocks than any other make. Am I a Glock fanboy? Far from it. They aren't my favorite. But they do a lot of things very well at an affordable price. I can buy 2 Glocks for one Sig. So my 19's are the ones I throw in the backpacks or store in my 5th wheel. They are there and if needed I know they work. They get thrown around and shot and I don't worry about scratches or wear like I worry about my 1911's.
All that said, if I could only have just one to defend life and liberty with, I would grab my trusty early 80's West German P226.

Reactions: RTH1800 and Fig
Another voice of reason. The irrational hatred expressed by those who defend a cheap inantimate object needs further study.

A Glock wins the same prize given at the contest for the tallest midget.
....you talk about irrational hatred.......but you have spend the whole thread bitching about a gun for no other reason than its plastic.

The irrational exuberance a few express here is what I find humorous. I have no interest in what you use for EDC, range use, HD etc. I just find it hilarious how you defend your throw away plastic crap. They work. Period. Straws work. Sporks work. Glocks work.
The grease gun worked very well. No one got excited about it that I recall. They squirted bullets, were light and efficient. Thompsons were iconic and loved due to the fact that they worked and showed craftsmanship. They were not built by a plastic clicking monkey. As PMClaine said, they have a soul.
You are missing the entire point of the OP.

I shot Glocks for a while (and might again based on the “48” leaks) - never had a problem, other than weird ejection on my Gen4 19. That said, I shoot my P320 or a 1911 substantially better. The Glock grip on the double stack 9mm is not easy for me to run - hard to secure in the hand, wants to wiggle, bruises the knuckle on my middle finger after a long range day, etc. Bottom line: they required a lot of work to shoot, for me, but they ran and carried well.

If it weren’t for that, I’d still own them.

As to innovation - when you’re so far ahead, the folks throwing stones are usually too far behind to hit you. Kahr arguably out innovated them in the compact market, but let’s examine Glock’s history.

They didn’t invent the polymer frame, but they DID innovate it into a combat ready pistol - and market it well.

They innovated their way to a mid-size pistol (the 19) so good that it was an world beater for a jack-of-all-trades gun. The rest of the market STILL, decades later, hasn’t FITFO to compete effectively with the 19 in large measure, but at least after 20 or so years they started trying,

Did they beat S&W, the developers of the .40 S&W, to market with their own cartridge? Yup.

Did they also chamber a 10mm at a time when most gun makers couldn’t figure out how to do it without their pistol falling apart if they could do it at all? Yup.

Did they capitalize on the 1994 AWB and crush the market for subcompacts with the 26 and 27? Yup. (ETA: Aww, hell, left out the 29 and 30)

Did they take the lead on the practical/tactical competition guns with the G17L, the 24, 34, and 35? Hard to argue against that.

I’m not a Glock fan boy, but if Glock hasn’t innovated throughout their history, I guess I don’t know what people mean by innovation when it comes to pistols. Slow to market on modular frames? Yes. I guess they cannot be first all the time, eh?

Last edited:
so you came out and said "no major military uses glock".....and talked about how the 1911 went throught ww1/ww2/ect.......now you are saying that just because the military uses it it doesnt mean shit?

YOU are the one the brought up the "military"......and what? now that you have been proven wrong it "doesnt matter"?

seriously, were you born this much of a fucktard?
I never said "no military uses it", apparently, reading comprehension is not your forte.
What I said was it is not GENERAL issue in any MAJOR military.
My point was also valid, just because a military issues it does not make it worth a shit.
There have been many crappy firearms issued to troops throughout the world.

I can also see that you are incapable of comprehending when someone is yanking the fanboy chain.
No matter what, glocks are still ugly, with the worst ergo's of any pistol designed in the last 120 years and have a shitty trigger to boot.

I never said "no military uses it", apparently, reading comprehension is not your forte.
What I said was it is not GENERAL issue in any MAJOR military.
My point was also valid, just because a military issues it does not make it worth a shit.
There have been many crappy firearms issued to troops throughout the world.
....like the 1911?.....