• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Glocks Work. Period. End of Story.

I wrote this up for a buddy who was caught up in typical gun forum debates over Glock and how Glock does not "innovate" and ... well, you know how it goes. FWIW...

Re. Glock and innovation...

Here's the deal...Glock has provided the world with the most combat-tested, combat-proven firearm ever invented, selling hundreds of millions of them. They are easy to use. Easy to maintain. Easy to shoot. A trained monkey can field strip them. An average IQ human can detail strip them. There are tens of thousands of after-market parts and gizmos for them. You can customize them to your heart's content.

But on the other hand, they perform reliably and consistently right out of the box, even with their stock crappy sights. They get the job done. They are intended to be and always have been combat-accurate handguns useful for CQB situations of every description. They are legendarily resistant to abusive environmental conditions and abusive human operators.
Glock does not need to "innovate" ... they just need to keep their quality control strong and keep churning out these marvelous polymer-framed wonder guns.

The Glock inspires endless online debates among mostly keyboard warriors who have never gone in harms way, never experienced the terror and thrill of the two-way range and have never heard, let alone fired, a single bullet fired in anger in their lives, and hopefully never will. Let these types debate, whine, cry and otherwise */moan/debate about Glock not "innovating" all they want. The rest of us will just smile and nod and say, "That's nice, honey."

Glocks work. Period. End of story.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1VD1D1hLsQ

I respect and own Glocks for the utilitarian aspect. It is what I most often carry in the woods because while it would suck to lose one, it wouldn’t sting as much as others.

Not really being in to them enough to research their history of what nations have used them where, can you give me the cliff notes on being the most combat tested/proven firearm ever?

What's gheyer than fuck is people spending $4k to "upgrade" a Glock. As for their innovation, actually they've been doing their own work all along. They don't advertise every little tolerance change. I have several and prefer 'em --but it's mostly because they work and I'm not a pistolero.

Some of the shit Glocks have endured is pretty legendary; Glock will sometimes buy back a pistol if it's been horrifically abused and still works. Like the one recovered from the ocean after five years, one that sat locked back under a dumpster soaked in years of garbage juice at ATL when it was stolen and abandoned (numbers matched the one that went missing, was stolen by an airport worker apparently who got cold feet). Then there's the murder weapon abandoned in a ditch in NM? where it sat under sediment for years.

In each case, they just needed to be cleaned (serious cleanings i'm sure) and oiled and a few springs changed out and they worked like new. No better advertisement than that really, I don't know another mfg. that could make that statement as early as the 90's. The sights suck ass but I'd rather the pistol come with the cheap fuckers since that's the only part I usually change. The best "upgrade" IMO is to JB Weld a small piece of emery cloth to slide stop.

BTW, don't knock the OP, the 'Hide is seriously lacking in 9mm vs. .45 debates and other related topics.

Reactions: Sierra770
Perchance more the AK47 of the handgun world ?? ???
Match grade barrel good trigger & practice they are the M4 of hand guns with AK reliability. 7044814

Last edited:
About the " Glock Leg Syndrome", not that it happens a lot but often enough that it's on my mind when I stick it in a i.w.b. holster every morning. I have a Springfield xd that has a nice backstrap safety on it, why not glock?

I wrote this up for a buddy who was caught up in typical gun forum debates over Glock and how Glock does not "innovate" and ... well, you know how it goes. FWIW...

Here's the deal...Glock has provided the world with the most combat-tested, combat-proven firearm ever invented, selling hundreds of millions of them. They are easy to use. Easy to maintain. Easy to shoot. A trained monkey can field strip them. An average IQ human can detail strip them. There are tens of thousands of after-market parts and gizmos for them. You can customize them to your heart's content.

But on the other hand, they perform reliably and consistently right out of the box, even with their stock crappy sights. They get the job done. They are intended to be and always have been combat-accurate handguns useful for CQB situations of every description. They are legendarily resistant to abusive environmental conditions and abusive human operators.
Glock does not need to "innovate" ... they just need to keep their quality control strong and keep churning out these marvelous polymer-framed wonder guns.

The Glock inspires endless online debates among mostly keyboard warriors who have never gone in harms way, never experienced the terror and thrill of the two-way range and have never heard, let alone fired, a single bullet fired in anger in their lives, and hopefully never will. Let these types debate, whine, cry and otherwise *****/moan/debate about Glock not "innovating" all they want. The rest of us will just smile and nod and say, "That's nice, honey."

I have a Gen 2 17 that easily has 9-10 thousand rounds through it. The only parts replaced are the firing pin and a small spring.

It’s not a tack driver. However, it still goes bang every time and within 50 feet it would be unwise to challenge it..

I have a Gen 2 17 that easily has 9-10 thousand rounds through it. The only parts replaced are the firing pin and a small spring.

It’s not a tack driver. However, it still goes bang every time and within 50 feet it would be unwise to challenge it..

People who understand combat accuracy get it, like this guy. Others are invincibly ignorant.

The Glock inspires endless online debates among mostly keyboard warriors who have never gone in harms way, never experienced the terror and thrill of the two-way range and have never heard, let alone fired, a single bullet fired in anger in their lives, and hopefully never will. Let these types debate, whine, cry and otherwise *****/moan/debate about Glock not "innovating" all they want. The rest of us will just smile and nod and say, "That's nice, honey."

Yawn.

There are many on here,... who believe,... there are different levels,... of dead.

My main complaints in the past with Glock were the shitty ergonomics, the stupid finger grooves and the balance. The 19x has basically fixed all of this as well as has the option to include a beavertail via the grip.

I'm far from a Glock fan, but after comparing it to the Beretta I carried, and own the M9A3, the H&K P8 I've carried and own a USP and other 'non issue' pistols I have as well, and the 19x is exceptional. The only other pistol I had an option to carry and absolutely did not like was the SIG P226 but that mainly had to do with my 'high thumbs' grip and the fact that it would depress the slide stop under recoil to not have the slide lock back on an empty magazine 50% of the time. I stay away from any SIG that has the slide stop where the 226 has it.

Other Glocks are still gay though.

My main complaints in the past with Glock were the shitty ergonomics, the stupid finger grooves and the balance. The 19x has basically fixed all of this as well as has the option to include a beavertail via the grip.

I'm far from a Glock fan, but after comparing it to the Beretta I carried, and own the M9A3, the H&K P8 I've carried and own a USP and other 'non issue' pistols I have as well, and the 19x is exceptional. The only other pistol I had an option to carry and absolutely did not like was the SIG P226 but that mainly had to do with my 'high thumbs' grip and the fact that it would depress the slide stop under recoil to not have the slide lock back on an empty magazine 50% of the time. I stay away from any SIG that has the slide stop where the 226 has it.

Other Glocks are still gay though.

Have you tried out the H&K VP9 or VP9T or VP9SK yet?

I have not. The grip angle/position always looked weird to me, like its too far forward. Could just be an optical illusion.

I'd be open to trying one and may end up liking it, but the last thing I need is another handgun in 9mm :D

I'm not sure about his experience, but I haven't found any great need to go beyond the P2000/P30 level of development. In fact, in the case of SIG, some of their recent rollouts have felt counterintuitively de-evolutionary in comparison to the 22Xs. I agree with some that the 226 is a boat anchor.

The glock is a fleshlight. Later models have ribs and shit inside.

The VP9 is a 22 year old virgin hot chick who has been begging you to come in her for the last 2 hours. And she said she wanted to do anal her first night out too.

Both work.

I have not. The grip angle/position always looked weird to me, like its too far forward. Could just be an optical illusion.

I'd be open to trying one and may end up liking it, but the last thing I need is another handgun in 9mm :D

The glock is a fleshlight. Later models have ribs and shit inside.

The VP9 is a 22 year old virgin hot chick who has been begging you to come in her for the last 2 hours. And she said she wanted to do anal her first night out too.

Both work.

The VP9 will now be officially known as the Mormon chick of pistols.

I'm not sure about his experience, but I haven't found any great need to go beyond the P2000/P30 level of development.

Striker Fired vs Hammer Fired. That's the big difference the VP9 / VP40 has over the P30 line.
An out of the box VP9 is much nicer than an out of the box Glock in terms of trigger and ergonomics.

The P2000 line is an older line where you don't have as great ergonomics and changeable grips etc.

Well hate to admit it but have a gen 5 G-19 coming. Never thought I would see the day I would own a 9 but alas it's time to change directions just a little. My 23 is going no place but I can't load jacketed for what I can buy it TMD for. So for now we'll bang away at the range with the 19 an only carry the 23 when in different hoods. I'll be interested to see how Underwood ammo preforms in the 19, if it's as good as all the other I've shot in 380, 357, 40 S&W, an 45ACP I might carry the 19 after testing it threw glass an barriers . I don't have experience with Underwood 9's that way, but would relish first hand results if anyone has them.

Reactions: Cheyenne Bodie
Striker Fired vs Hammer Fired. That's the big difference the VP9 / VP40 has over the P30 line.
An out of the box VP9 is much nicer than an out of the box Glock in terms of trigger and ergonomics.

The P2000 line is an older line where you don't have as great ergonomics and changeable grips etc.

By way of comparison, I have a Walther P99 AS gen 3, so yes, I "get" striker-fired. To me, it's like feeling an urge to always have bright, shiny, and new in the driveway. I get there fine in slightly more vintage mode, especially when it seems that incremental development is nothing more than shaking a few more shekels out of the faithful.

The p30 is the 30 year old hot chick that you met when she was 22 and blew out her McDonalds dispenser.

By way of comparison, I have a Walther P99 AS gen 3, so yes, I "get" striker-fired. To me, it's like feeling an urge to always have bright, shiny, and new in the driveway. I get there fine in slightly more vintage mode, especially when it seems that incremental development is nothing more than shaking a few more shekels out of the faithful.

Reactions: QuickNDirty

That is kind of the point for most firearms companies, have to keep making a few small changes so people have a reason to keep your factories producing stuff.

In the HK side, for me there was a big jump between the USP line and the P30/HK45 line as the grips fit my small hands so much better.

All firearms are mechanical devices, and are just as justified in breaking down, or having problems as any other mechanical device. Some devices work better than others, and firearms are no different in that regard.

I have owned Glocks, 1911's, revolvers, and many, MANY other types of pistols, and like everyone else I have my preferences.

I don't understand why so many people find it difficult to accept that other people may not have the same likes and dislikes they do. With the pistols I don't like, I simply admit that it is a personal preference, and feel no need to otherwise justify my preferences. Nor do I attempt to require other people to justify what they like or dislike. For example, I don't really like most of the Sig line of P series pistols. The sig pistols work as well as I would expect, are accurate and durable enough, I just prefer other pistols. So I spend my money on other things that I prefer, while admitting there is nothing wrong with the Sig pistols, I just don't prefer them.

Everyone gets to pick what they want, and after that it is mostly like listening to a ford VS chevy argument.

Reactions: PBWalsh
All firearms are mechanical devices, and are just as justified in breaking down, or having problems as any other mechanical device. Some devices work better than others, and firearms are no different in that regard.

I have owned Glocks, 1911's, revolvers, and many, MANY other types of pistols, and like everyone else I have my preferences.

I don't understand why so many people find it difficult to accept that other people may not have the same likes and dislikes they do. With the pistols I don't like, I simply admit that it is a personal preference, and feel no need to otherwise justify my preferences. Nor do I attempt to require other people to justify what they like or dislike. For example, I don't really like most of the Sig line of P series pistols. The sig pistols work as well as I would expect, are accurate and durable enough, I just prefer other pistols. So I spend my money on other things that I prefer, while admitting there is nothing wrong with the Sig pistols, I just don't prefer them.

Everyone gets to pick what they want, and after that it is mostly like listening to a ford VS chevy argument.

You sir, are absolutely no fun. ;)

Glock fanboys are the vegans of the firearms world.
How do you know someone owns a Glock?
Just wait for a second, they'll tell you, and just like a vegan, they'll try to convert you to a limp wristed nancy boy

Reactions: Bender
Glocks are your second wife, the trusty middle aged woman. Your 1st wife was a 1911. She was expensive, pretty to look at, but high maintenance and only ate the fanciest of foods. The glock is a basic bitch and will eat anything you feed her. You couldn't dare turn your back on your first wife for a second or every man in your area code would be manhandling her. Your glock on the other hand won't turn any heads, but she is all yours and you can sleep easy at night with no worries.

You sir, are absolutely no fun. ;)

Sadly, you confirm my wife's assessment.

FWIW, I have carried a Glock as a duty weapon, and have also carried a 1911 as a duty weapon. Both work and have their place.

As was said by someone with more wisdom than myself "it is the Indian, not the arrow that makes the difference."